• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ymo's art-thread (Heavy images(?))

...Eh I have nothing.
Except doodles. D:

Magmar.jpg

Magikarps.jpg

Cradilyiscute.jpg

Kantofliers.jpg

Johtofliers.jpg

Hoennfliers.jpg

Pileomans.jpg
Blastoise.jpg

Nothing much to say, unfortunately. : <

The magikarp and gyarados look awsome- they make pokemon look like something more realistic and interesting.

P.S. Is there any chance I could convice you to ink and color Kenny?

Just asking.

And I wish i could draw like you....

Lars: Im afraid not... I can't even say the reasons or I would be accused of flaming. D: *horrible person* Kai: Just flat colors? i think those might suit it. *shrug*

Well, I'd like to see it done the way you do most of your art, but it's up to you. After all, It's your drawing.

Well let me state the reasons:
1. You seem to be sucking up to others to get things going your way.
2. Aggressiveness.
3. Tooting your own horn. (aka adding a message along the lines of 'I can draw too, but because of reason x I can't show you'.)
4. Pushyness.

Edit:
Cradilyiscuteandcolorfulkopio.png

Last edited:
:D Thank you very much. I've been a bit obsessed with Cradily lately. I've one on my Sapphire team that was really hard to train originally but now she's just too cool. Maybe that's why.

Yup, cradily is well worth obsessing over. It has a lot of nice rounded forms to draw and color-details. : D The only thing I would prefer in another color are the petals...

Yup, cradily is well worth obsessing over. It has a lot of nice rounded forms to draw and color-details. : D The only thing I would prefer in another color are the petals...

You've made me want to draw Cradily now. A lot.

I can see what you mean, but I'm not bothered. *glomps my Cradily*

I love the drawings of all the Flying-type Pokemon. ^^ They're only sketches, but especially how I do it, it would take a long time to color them all. Plus the sketchy style kind of adds... animation to the Pokemon.

My favorites are the Delibird flying with one wing, and the Crobat, both in the second one. I also like how you did the Blaziken's proportions; I draw it a whole lot but can never get the relative size of its head, legs and body to look right. The way you colored the Cradily was nice, too, how you can see the original sketch and going over. I should try that sometime. ~

Thankies. : D Blaziken I used a reference for, since I can't for the life of me remember the designs of more detailed pokemon. (Maybe that helped me keep the proportions right, plus blazi is bottomheavy and those I do best. ;D) Cradily was colored very simply in fact; base colors on one layer, a few multiply layers with different levels of opacity, and color in the shadows with varying shades of purple. -w- (also the lines are on a multiply layer)
I got a groudon egg in GPX plus, yosh!

Why do you have to use the 'br' code here... IT NO FUN. D:
<br>
Edit: Also, in honor of me getting Groudon egg, have a pair of gijinka for them: <br>
Kamara.jpg

<br> His name is Kamara, and he is a biatch and a pansy. His favorite person to bitch to is Veteinen, who then proceeds to splash water on Kama to keep his mouth shut.
Veteinen.jpg
As opposed to mr Pansy, Veteinen is mean and butch. (though his dress says otherwise). He is obsessed with sweet things, but is too lazy or poor to get them. Instead, he just beats up Kama and takes his sweets. What a dick.

Last edited:
More Excellent gijinka. The personality choices were a little odd, considering the usual image of the pokemon, but that made them more interesting :P

anyway, if you're ready to draw me another sketch:

Fchaosuggestions.jpg

please could you sketch me number 2 on this image - but standing straighter, and probably with a different expression? (maybe like number 3's?) I'm uncertain on the mood, but definitely going for 2! It would be great if you could do a selection of sketched poses/expressions for number 2 (if you feel like it of course), to ensure that I can decide after this sketch (sorry that I'm useless XD )

Thanks

Last edited:
I think you're right about the surprised expression being nice - I prefer the expression of number 2 in the drawing before

I'd like to have him standing straight, but apart from that number 2 in this drawing:

Fchaosuggestions.jpg

should do fine. Please can you try and straighten him out in another sketch?

p.s. I know I'm overworking you on the sketches front, but I think that I'm getting close to what I'm looking for now! :P

Back
Top Bottom