• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your collections

Do you collect something?

• Yeah I do!

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • Eh no.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • ...kind of?

Votes: 19 35.2%

• Total voters
Unless that's a thousand holos, most non-rares are only worth around a dollar or less, especially older/unlimited edition ones.

I have plenty of non-holos and rares and reverse holos (about five tinfuls of current sets and a large case of older cards long out of rotation), but I exclude them from my official collection due to either not being worth much individually or being ugly. That and they'd take forever to catalog. I only put reverse holos in my real collection if they're reverses of holo-rare cards, and when I get an actual holo one I'll put the reverse one in the extras to trade off.

i have.. almost a binder full of level Xs, primes, holos, reverse holos, promos, foreign language cards, and rares. :B i have that wizards promo dark arbok <3

Rocks. <3 I actually filled my bag full of them when we were travelling, but the security guards made me dump them out because my bag weighed too much. D: I still have a small collection--a gourd full of rocks, as well as some around my room for decoration. (Tigers eye shaped like an orb = awesome.) I go rock hunting a bit, too.

Anything with historical value. For instance, coins, but like, ones from '40 or earlier. I actually found a coin at Yellowstone that has visible markings on it, though you can't tell exactly what the markings are because of the rust and obsidian stuck to it. I might get it professionally cleaned.

Stuff that I dig up. I found .44 Magnum ammo in my backyard, as well as some old tools, for some of the finds. I'm still hoping the .44 is in my backyard, too. xD

Pez Dispensers. 'Nuff said.

(Although when I was little, I collected Micro Machines. Anyone remember those?)

I've collected really weird stuff since I was a kid. Once I had a huge collection of used drinking straws that I kept in my schoolbag. I've also collected random stones (which would be in the pocket of my jacket and make it really heavy), paper airplanes, used tickets and various other completely unremarkable and useless stuff.

Today I mainly collect the little blue semitransparent plastic discs you find on the insides of soda caps in Iceland. They make nice bookmarks. And, of course, in the tradition of my inconvenient places to keep my collections, I keep those in my pocket.

Rocks. <3 I actually filled my bag full of them

random stones (which would be in the pocket of my jacket and make it really heavy)

That sounds just like me when I was a kid :U In fact, I think I still have an old backpack full of rocks somewhere :X

Also, Butterfree: I collected bubblegum bags when I was younger :U I'm pretty sure it counts as 'weird'

@ voltianqueen: I like collecting dragon things too but my collection's still fairly small O:

Also, I have some pics of my pokenerd collection (basically most of my figurine collection, a few of them are obvious fakes):
pok2.jpg

pok1.jpg
(note the armored Mewtwo in the background <3)
pok3.jpg
(gangsta-Groudon)
pok4.jpg

I haven't had time to organize them properly (the pic with the big charizard contains what my oldest sister brought the last time she visited, she searches pokemon stuff for me and my sister <3).

I used to collect Pokémon cards as a kid. I wasn't especially fanatical but, I did have more cards than the average child. I don't tend to collect anything now, beyond fond memories. :3

gunkcollection.jpg

that's right. I collect gross carpets and gray pens.

My collection is a bit modest, but I hope to expand upon it in the future. I have another little notebook the same size as the one in the middle with the Croagunk face on it, only it's green and it has a Croagunk lying down on it.

The Vileplume is there for good measure.

that croagunk in your notebook.

i'm surprised you don't have a collection of :v faces too.

I have no clue if this would count, but I have a huge container full of letters and papers that my friends and family wrote to me. There's birthday cards, valentine's day cards, letters my friend wrote to me while he was in the Navy, and I think a love letter in there somewhere. I just like to go back and read all of them every once in a while. :]

Um, I also have another huge container full of pictures as well. I love pictures. I don't think this is really a hobby for me though.

I love collecting and hoarding stuff. My room is far, far too small for all the crap I keep in it.
I currently collect books (have three bookshelves full, plus the entirety of under my bed), different kinds of paper, postcards, Pokemon games (I have three copies of every game up to Emerald) and DVD boxsets (all second-hand). I also have a steadily growing collection of silly animal hats (I have blue rabbit, giraffe, dinosaur, dead rabbit, Mokona and the biting cat from Azumanga Daioh).

I also have a pretty massive collection of Pokemon cuddly toys, Pokemon figurines and Pokemon cards, though I don't actively collect them anymore. I also used to collect Beanie Babies and My Little Ponies from the '80's :p

Also, and this might have escaped your notice, I have a fondness for collecting icons as well XD (last count: ~5000)

Back
Top Bottom