• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your name in Japanese

there are a lot of people in this thread calling the OP's link a translator and announcing what their names are "in Japanese"; I don't think most of you get how this works at all

Mm'kay, let's take a look at that other one now. (The one Number 100 posted)

Arylett Dawnsborough is Aryaretto Donsubao. Hey there, now that sounds a lot better. Not only that, but now it's even shorter than my original name~

Angela is Enzera. I think I liked Anjira a bit better, actually. Enzera looks nothing like the original.

This is my new Japanese username:Shindekuiru
This is my new Japanese name:Buridoja
Yep its better :)

My current username is ナンバ ウアンハンドルツド, which is romanized as "Nanba Uanhandoruddo" (jesus that's a mouthful). Or ナンバ100 for short, which kinda looks nice I guess

My current username is ナンバ ウアンハンドルツド, which is romanized as "Nanba Uanhandoruddo" (jesus that's a mouthful). Or ナンバ100 for short, which kinda looks nice I guess
Isn't 'hyaku' '100'? That'd probably be easier. >:|

New one says Ribekka.

But there can't be two "k"s! I think...

It's because of the way the transliterator (note: not translator) works. A 'c' becomes a 'k' in Romaji. Since you put 2 C's in, it'll spit out 2 K's. It's really basic. Also, 2 consonants in Romaji mean that you pronounce it both at the end of the first syllable and the beginning at the syllable, but you do so kinda softly, so it does tend to come out as one sound to our ears.

http://www.keiichianimeforever.com/culture/japanese/nametranslator.html
This one works a lot better, it does more than transform letters from one to another.

RL Name: Zeffu, from Jeff
Forum Username: Rinkku. Obvious, no?

According to the translator you provided, my real Japanese name is Arurisonu, my name being Allison.

And, I typed in my username and it said it was Furareon-chinu! XDXDXD Sounds funny.

It's because of the way the transliterator (note: not translator) works. A 'c' becomes a 'k' in Romaji. Since you put 2 C's in, it'll spit out 2 K's. It's really basic. Also, 2 consonants in Romaji mean that you pronounce it both at the end of the first syllable and the beginning at the syllable, but you do so kinda softly, so it does tend to come out as one sound to our ears.

http://www.keiichianimeforever.com/culture/japanese/nametranslator.html
This one works a lot better, it does more than transform letters from one to another.
That's the one I used. But it IS more accurate than the other one.

Do I still apply for this if I am Japanese?

My name is たて りゅう ニコラス. I'd put the kanji in, but I can't find a text form of them, and I'm too lazy to look harder.

Can anybody make a more accurate translation of my name? See I'm Getting a Japanese Pokemon Game and I want my name to be as accurate as I can. I would like for it to be in symbol form I don't think its Kanji I think its katakana that D/P uses.

I know my name in Japanese, it's Jan. This said it's Deanu. Failplz.

EDIT: Used second translator and it said I was Din. Doublefailplz.

Last edited:
Isn't 'hyaku' '100'? That'd probably be easier. >:|

It would be, but the thing's not actually a translator and won't actually translate "hundred" :P (hey, at least I'm not acting like some of the people in this thread saying that their Pokemon usernames were "translated" incorrectly when they weren't really translated... I don't think an actual translator handles pokemon either)

It would be, but the thing's not actually a translator and won't actually translate "hundred" :P (hey, at least I'm not acting like some of the people in this thread saying that their Pokemon usernames were "translated" incorrectly when they weren't really translated... I don't think an actual translator handles pokemon either)
Yeah, but I think sane people are ignoring the transliterator so. :/

Back
Top Bottom