• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Zari Island RP

Seki expected a facepalm from one of the others. But none came. Instead, he did it himself.

"I suspect he is locked up very tightly... and all of you probably know what might happen if we do not hurry."

May flinched, but no one noticed. "W-We should head out then." She was the first to step towards the door. And in a moment, all ten Pokemon plus Solar and Seki were heading out. ((I got permission from Cryptica to make Seki move with them.)) For a few seconds, Solar turned around and looked at Mysti. "Are you coming?"

((I'm sorry, but I'm dropping out of this RP. It was one fo my favorites back on the old forums, but now... I just can't do anythign in it.))

Silvia was impressed. Sora sure knew her way around... She turned around and looked at the unconscious Pidgeotto. Hopefully that berry would wake her up, or at least heal her a bit.

The Linoone started to fiddle with her Escape Rope again. It was starting to become a habit, really.

She began to feel strange... was there something in her mouth?

The berry's juices seemed to dissolve in Arylett's mouth, going down her throat. She could feel them trickling cooly. And the cool feeling... it...

...it felt strangely comforting.

More and more, she was beginning to feel the cool feeling throughout her entire body. It was oddly rejuvinating. And then she could feel the odd thing on her mouth. Taste it with her tongue. Mmm... She automatically clamped down on it with her beak, devouring it and feeling a huge burst of cool juice going down her throat.

Immediately, her head stopped aching and all feelings of drowsiness and pain seemed to have left her. The Pidgeotto opened her eyes vaguely, groaning a bit, and got up.

"Wha... what happened?"

Silvia dropped her rope and ran next to Arylett. "Yay! You woke up! Finally!" she couldn't hide her excitement, "I thought you were going to die or something."

Then Silvia noticed that the Pidgeotto had no clue what just happened. "You sorta fell and hit your head on a rock and passed out." Pointing at Sora, she continued, "Then Sora found you an Oran berry and everything ended up fine."

She gazed at the Linoone in bewilderment. Apparently... she was going to die?

"Whoa... no wonder I feel a bit... woozy..." Said the still dizzy Pidgeotto, rubbing her aching head with her wing. She crashed into a rock! What was she doing again...? She couldn't even remember. Everything before the crash had escaped her.

Arylett still look very much confused. Siliva decided to get her another Oran Berry. After all, it wouldn't hurt, right?

"Stay here. I'll be right back..." With that, the Linoone dropped on all fours again and headed for the Oran Berry bush-tree thing. Silvia first started at a trot, then she broke out running. The wind rushed past her face, and the ground moved by faster and faster and faster... Linoones sure are built for running, she thought to herself. And... It was fun. Silvia had never thought of running as fun before, but... She guessed that being a Linoone has its advantages.

Silvia gradually slowed down as she reached the Oran Berry bush-tree thing. Honestly, she wasn't sure whether it's a tree or a bush. It's tall enough to be a tree, but to shrubby to be one. Deciding that wondering whether Oran Berries are bushes or trees aren't going to help her return to a human, Silvia cut herself off in mid-thought and stood up on her hind legs again. Reaching up with her claws, she managed to knock one of those small, blue berries on the ground. Then, she realized that she had a problem: She had no place to carry it. Silvia can't exactly walk very well on hind legs, and putting it in her mouth isn't very sanitary.

A thought struck her: The rope! She can use the Escape Rope that she had picked up and tie the berry to it. Or something. Felling proud of her own genius, the Linoone, with some difficulty, managed to tie the berry to her side with her rope. Then Silvia headed back to the Pidgeotto, this time, running all the way.

"Here you go." Silvia said and managed, with some difficulty again, to untie the rope and get out the berry. She handed it to Arylett. "Eat this. It should help."

Rather dazzedly, she watched as Sylvia ran off to do something. What it was, she wasn't really sure of. Still, Arylett continued to rub her head with her wing. Not that that made anything better.

"Umm... okay..." She didn't really know what else to do, her mind still quite muddled and confused. And though being confused was typical of Arylett, this much confusion was even beyond her normal state. The Pidgeotto scooped up the Berry in her beak and felt a similar cool feeling trickling down her throat. A feeling of freshness, great wonderous freshness. The more she chewed on it, the more revitalized she felt, until her dazzed mind snapped back to its normal level of confusion.

"Oh wow...! That did help! But what... what happened? I can't... remember anything."

Silvia watched the Pidgeotto gulp down the Oran Berry.

"Well..." Although she seem like she's back to normal now, Arylett didn't seem to remember anything, so Silvia wasn't sure what she should tell her. "You were flying... Then you fell... And you hit your head on a rock." Silvia managed to explain rather awkwardly.

She just recalled this, rather painfully... yes, she had been trying to fly. Sylvia told her to at least try, but the Linoone was wrong. Arylett knew it would end in a painful and embarassing disaster! Knew it from the very beginning. How embarassing, to be the bird that couldn't fly.

"Oh. Well I told you... I can't fly. And I'm... I'm not trying that again... my head still feels a bit funny."

"Wait for us!" Kelli ran off.
"Kelli! why don't you wait for us?" Vysi asked.
"Cause I don't wanna. Hee."
"Hey!" kelli had caught up to the Pokemon ahead of her, Vysi tring to catch up. Zaria just shook her head and moved along.

Silvia sighed. She guessed that Arylett was right... But still. A Pidgeotto that can't fly seems so strange.

"Well... I guess you'll just have to walk..."

"Yeah..." She felt so stupid. What... why... why couldn't she fly? She had wings, didn't she? And she was in the sky! But then she crashed. Because she lost it.

What was it anyway? Some sort of... odd sense of balance? She couldn't really explain it. Whatever it was... she had lost it. And perhaps the key to flying was keeping it. It seemed to go away whenever she became nervous. Hmm, perhaps she couldn't fly due to... yes, her anxiety. Gah, why couldn't she stop being so nervous all the time? Flying was fun... but it was so scary. She had to worry constantly about staying in the air. Worry...

Maybe the key to flying was to just relax.

Hmph! Arylett... relax? Ahahaha! Now that was funny.

Rather shamefully, the Pidgeotto hopped after the Linoone.

She was never going to fly.

The Pidgeotto seemed down. Silvia wondered what she could do to cheer her up... And why did Arylett fall anyway? She was flying fine for a quite a while.

Pondering the question, the Linoone walked slowly so Arylett wouldn't fall behind. Why did Arylett fall? It's obvious that she knew how to fly... Yet she couldn't. Maybe....

The Linoone stopped in mid thought. "I say that you try flying once again." She declared, and before Arylett could start complaining or whining, Silvia continued her statement. "Just do whatever you were doing before you fell. And don't do anything that you were doing when you're falling, and you should be fine."

Silvia decided that adding "hopefully" after her sentence will probably be a bad idea.

Solar beckoned to the others. "Come on!" Then he asked himself, "Where would that irritating Ninetales be...?"

Sora asked, "Does this mean we're not heading in this direction anymore?"

Arylett sighed for a few moments. She didn't really want to try flying again. But she knew that Sylvia was persistant. And she sort of wanted to try it again... sort of. Actually, she was a bit ambivalent. But she would keep arguing against it... why? She herself didn't know why. It was a vain argument, especially when part of her wanted to try it again and Sylvia wanted her to do it... but still!

"Maybe... can I try it later? My head still feels a bit woozy..."

Silvia nodded in agreement. Sora was right -- Arylett did hit her head pretty badly. She still didn't want to admit defeat though. "Next time, then..."

Back
Top Bottom