• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

I LOVE the music of these games. I've just looked up a few videos on Youtube and like... wow. They remade them well, in my opinion. The tracks and songs, a lot of them still retain the same feel, but sound even more epic or better. In fact, many of them sound like they're from Pokemon Stadium... and God, I loved the music in those games. FRLG's music disappointed me, didn't really have that same vibe.

But yeah, enough of my music ramble.

I'm probably going to be patient and wait. I've just been satiating my appetite for these games by watching videos and walkthroughs about them. Not going to bother getting a ROM in Japanese or anything, having the games in a language I can understand is worth the wait. Also, there's just something about... physically having the game in your hand. Feels more special. Maybe I'm just weird.

Hmm, does anyone know where one can actually download the music? Not just watch it in YouTube or whatever, I just have this insane desire to put some of the music on my iPod :3

omg. I totally want the game now, but the wait till spring will be worth it. :)
There's nothing better than the smell of a new game x)

Hmm, does anyone know where one can actually download the music? Not just watch it in YouTube or whatever, I just have this insane desire to put some of the music on my iPod :3
(Didn't know you had an iPod... =O)

There's not really any place that I've found to download them... What I did is I got a program that converts Youtube videos to music. I can give you the link to that program, if you'd like.

Last edited:
There's a megaupload somewhere in somebody's HG/SS uploads, somebody with Jade in their name or something, I forget. It would link to a forum where a collection of people had a completely tagged OST... I got it from there, at least.

Huh...well, the games look awesome from what I've seen on Youtube. I plan on buying both, because I have a friend who has a birthday next Spring who said he wanted SoulSilver.

So I'm completely addicted to the Sprout Tower BGM. My favorite music from the old games has become my favorite music from the new games! :o

Off Topic: This got a lot bigger than I thought it would get O.O

On Topic: The BellSprout Tower music always scared me. Even when I play the ROM, when I go there I play with the sound off.

So, has anyone checked the new moves you can get for some of the Pokémon? I saw that now you can get a Misdreavus with Nasty Plot by breeding with a Spiritomb, and the Gardevoir line can get Encore and Pain Split. Have anyone else found something that might be useful?

A list of some of the more interesting ones.

Squirtle line - Water Spout
Chikorita line - Body Slam
Cyndaquil line - Extrasensory
Totodile line - Aqua Jet
Geodude line - Curse
Togepi line - Extrasensory
Dunsparce - Agility
Wooper line - Recover
Bellsprout line - Weather Ball
Paras line - Agility
Goldeen line - Body Slam
Pineco line - Power Trick
Nidoran F - Skull Bask
Nidoran M - Head Smash
Growlithe line - Morning Sun
Stantler - Megahorn
Diglett line - Reversal
Girafarig - Razor Wind
Magmar line - Belly Drum
Smoochum line - Nasty Plot
Mr. Mime line - Nasty Plot
Farfetch'd - Leaf Blade
Krabby line - Agility
Corsola - Curse
Remoraid line - Water Spout
Seel line - Stockpile, Spit Up, Swallow
Horsea line - Razor Wind
Gligar - Power Swap
Teddiursa line - Belly Drum
Ponyta line - Morning Sun
Rhyhorn line - Skull Bash
Murkrow - Brave Bird
Sneasel - Assist
Misdreavus - Nasty Plot
Chansey - Mud Bomb
Dratini line - Extremespeed

These are just the primarily interesting ones in the Johto Pokedex.

A full list of the new HGSS egg moves for first-gen Pokemon, manually culled from Bulbapedia, because I'm bored like that. More maybe coming later.

Bulbasaur - Power Whip, Sludge
Charmander - Counter
Squirtle - Water Spout
Spearow - FeatherDance
Ekans - Switcheroo
Sandshrew - Mud Shot
Nidoran F - Skull Bash
Nidoran M - Head Smash
Vulpix - Power Swap
Oddish - Teeter Dance
Paras - Agility
Diglett - Reversal