• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

I'm going to see if its possible to preorder it online from the USA. Maybes for Christmas :D

January and March are too far apart for me so I'll see if I can keep some birthday money and buy it when it comes out.

I already know I'm getting SoulSilver, but I'm not sure what starter to choose. I usually take Fire, I just started taking Water, but I like Bayleef :/. I preordered at GameStop about a week ago. YAY!

If the EU date of 26th March is true, then I'll have to put some cash aside. Playing through the Japanese version, but more sidetracked by school, Christmas, and the Riolu solo run I'm doing in Plat at the moment though.

I don't know which one I want to play first. Even though the first one I played was Silver, I'll probably play HeartGold first so I can use Arcanine. But I'm definitely starting with Chikorita also. In SoulSilver, I'll probably take something else, depending on my team.

I'm going with HeartGold because I like the exclusive pokemon better(GLISCOOORRRR).
But I don't know if I should get Totodile or Cyndaquil.

Sweet, it comes out four days before my birthday!

It comes out in Australia ON my birthday!:love:

When I checked the Nintendo site for events, and saw the release date info, I actually squealed and jumped up and down like a twelve-year-old girl!:grin:

And then I had to sit down for a while, and catch my breath, because I am not a twelve-year-old anymore... Gasp... I'm... OLD!:freaked: :dead:

And I already have both on pre-order. I'm gonna start with Totodile and Cyndaquil, my fav starters from Gold/Silver.

I've been waiting for these games since Fire Red/Leaf Green were announced.

Yes, I have no life outside of the Pokemon games...:sweatdrop:

Okay, I'm planning my team. I'm going to revoke my earlier statements and choose Chikorita. I want to have a Ledian paired with it, but seeing as it's a SoulSilver exclusive, I want to try and lay a Ledyba egg on Platinum and trade it. I'm hoping that I can put steps on it in Plaitnum and when I trade it to the other game it will hatch sooner. The last of my three-member team'll probably be a Quagsire (synergy with types and such). I want to plan this all in advance, soo... yeah. I'm hoping everything can go according to plan.

So Serebii claims to have all of the info about the English releases of HG/SS. Spoilers alert ahead.

Hibiki's name was changed to Ethan. Eh...fair enough, I guess.

The Rocket Executives all had their names changed from Lance, Lambda, Athena, and Apollo to Proton, Petrel, Arianna, and Archer. Lance's name change was a given, but I'm trying to figure out where the last two came from.

I'm skipping over the items, because it really doesn't matter what they are called. Perhaps the most notable change is from Item Finder to Dowsing MCHN.

Next, we have a change from the Shinto Ruins to...the Sinjoh Ruins. I can't really complain much about it. Even though I don't like the name, it keeps up with the naming scheme of the Tohjo Falls. Besides, most people wouldn't know what Shinto was anyways.

The next one, however, is probably going to be a real kick in the pants for many older fans:

The Game Corner has been changed in all regions outside of Japan. Instead of slot machines, they have added a minigame called Voltorb Flip. This game is reminiscent of games such as Minesweeper where you have a variety of flip tiles and you get a variety of bonuses of multipliers(x1, x2 & x3). However, in addition to that, you may also find Voltorbs which are placed randomly in each set. You get shown how many Voltorbs are in each row and column and your task is to get the multipliers and not hit any Voltorb tiles. As you progress without hitting Voltorbs, the levels get harder, more Voltorb tiles appear and the higher coin multipliers become more abundant. If you keep hitting Voltorbs, you will end up back at the bottom level.

My thoughts: Well....I don't know how to respond to this. Basically, Nintendo of America has just said that having slot machines in their games will corrupt childrens minds, which is complete bull, and they know that. But at the same time...they took the time to program an entirely new game in rather than just dummy the game out like what happened in the European Platinum version.

As I said over on Sppf, I don't like the change in Hibiki's name. At least with Kotone/Lyra they kept the meaning similar, but Hibiki/Ethan's names mean completely different things. Dowsing MCHN kinda ticks me off too, but not as much as the male PC.

Also, MINESWEEPER? Really, nintendo? Didja have to? Will there be some sort of time limity, so you don't go to grab paper and figure it out logically? (it can be done, I think it's like a sudoku given what it says in Serebii's description.)

I do wish Serebii would have given a source, because as soon as I saw his Update, I went to the official Pokémon site AND to Nintendo to look this stuff up. Didn't see it anywhere.

D: My slotssss sob

I wonder if we'd need to get some item (like the carrying case for coins) for it or if we could just avoid that altogether. hnnng everything else is pretty tolerable tbh.

@Meowzie-Chan: I saw it on Bulbapedia, too actually. Dunno about source but it's not just Serebii.

Back
Top Bottom