• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

You can't really complain about Pokemon getting Weather Ball because the attack 'Weather Ball' is a completely made-up concept - there is no real-life equivalent. If we don't really know what a 'Weather Ball' is then we can't say what should be able to get it and what shouldn't.

You can't really complain about Pokemon getting Weather Ball because the attack 'Weather Ball' is a completely made-up concept - there is no real-life equivalent. If we don't really know what a 'Weather Ball' is then we can't say what should be able to get it and what shouldn't.

... this is a pretty bad excuse because nothing in the Pokémon world is similar to the real world.

except maybe Tackle or Headbutt.

Going by your logic, Flamethrower could only be learned by Pokemon with guns.

Admittedly, Weather Ball (insert something that isn't Castform here) is completely random.

Going by your logic, Flamethrower could only be learned by Pokemon with guns.

Admittedly, Weather Ball (insert something that isn't Castform here) is completely random.

Yeah, my logic was a bit flawed from the beginning but I think you got the point. I think Pokemon is split between being realistic and being strategic. What we get is moves that aren't completely unrealistic but are kind of difficult to imagine.

... you know, if there's one thing I don't get about Pokémon, it's why the moves Psychic and Confusion are affected by accuracy-lowering/evasion-raising moves. The moves seem to me like the user is using its psychic powers to reach into the thoughts of others and Mind Rape them, so I'm not sure why, then, sand in the user's eyes would in any way affect their ability to do so. If the user has strong enough powers to reach into the mind of another in the first place, then it should be able to sense where said minds are mentally, rather than with sight (as missing due to Sand-Attack would suggest).

Since when have the creators of the pokemon games been overly logical?

In any case, I like that Pokemon are getting new moves.

Since when have the creators of the pokemon games been overly logical?

In any case, I like that Pokemon are getting new moves.

1. Never, although that was probably a rhetorical question
2. I agree. I guess I'm just a sucker for an interesting egg move.

... you know, if there's one thing I don't get about Pokémon, it's why the moves Psychic and Confusion are affected by accuracy-lowering/evasion-raising moves. The moves seem to me like the user is using its psychic powers to reach into the thoughts of others and Mind Rape them, so I'm not sure why, then, sand in the user's eyes would in any way affect their ability to do so. If the user has strong enough powers to reach into the mind of another in the first place, then it should be able to sense where said minds are mentally, rather than with sight (as missing due to Sand-Attack would suggest).

One could argue that the discomfort of tiny sand grains constantly scratching away at your corneas would make it rather difficult to concentrate on successful and accurate mind rape. That logic wouldn't apply to plenty of other situations, but something like Flash or Sand-Attack wrecking concentration is feasible enough.

Well, it has to be better than having mechanics 'contact-move accuracy', 'projectile-move accuracy', and... I can't think of what Psychic would be classified under.

because as we all know, gen iii and iv were the spawn of satan, who crapped them up in an attempt to mimic the brilliant Generation II, which was the work of god himself

...seriously, what is the problem with having them in the game? They don't seem to be on any major routes, and for the most parts it's just safari zone and Pokewalker spots.

because as we all know, gen iii and iv were the spawn of satan, who crapped them up in an attempt to mimic the brilliant Generation II, which was the work of god himself

...seriously, what is the problem with having them in the game? They don't seem to be on any major routes, and for the most parts it's just safari zone and Pokewalker spots.

Or the Sinnoh / Hoenn sound thingies. I think it was a really good idea, though. It makes the game a whole lot more interesting. Now, with more Pokemon available after the E4, you can make a new team using a ton of Gen. III and IV Pokemon afterwards, to take on Red and the Kanto Gyms. I personally think that it's going to make the game more fun.

Of course, for the most part you can only get said Pokemon through special ways anyways, so if the complaint is that you don't want to run into any of them, the only time you'd have to worry about that is through trainer battles. Just choose not to get any III-IV gen Pokemon if it's so disappointing.

HeartGold and SoulSilver look very nice and have a lot of promise, but the music is just horrible. It just doesn't have the same feel as the original songs I mean I'd rather listen to Atari 2600 explosions for the ingame music.

... you know, if there's one thing I don't get about Pokémon, it's why the moves Psychic and Confusion are affected by accuracy-lowering/evasion-raising moves. The moves seem to me like the user is using its psychic powers to reach into the thoughts of others and Mind Rape them, so I'm not sure why, then, sand in the user's eyes would in any way affect their ability to do so.

They're actually meant to be more of a "force push" type of effect, rather than an "attack your mind directly" thing. The attack Psychic was originally named "Psychokinesis," and Confusion has always been portrayed as a "spinning them around and slamming them into stuff" attack in the anime and even in SSB.

So, if your aim is off due to sand in the eyes or not being able to see the target clearly, you could direct your blast of invisible force in the wrong direction, causing it to miss the opponent entirely. Just like any other blast/beam/projectile type attack.

The only actual mind-attacking Psychic move I can think of, off the top of my head, is Dream Eater; most of the rest are all energy blasts/beams/blades (Psybeam, Psycho Boost, Psycho Cut) or force-push/throw effects (Psychic, Confusion.)

So, does anyone here have maps of the individual sections of the Safari Zone? I kinda want to start making a few designs for when I get the game.

Back
Top Bottom