• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

cosmo forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cosmo Forums

Your members being present in the IRC is hardly "behind [your] backs."

We had two members in the IRC. One of whom who wanted nothing to do with this (Faltzer) who you called out with no evidence at all. The person wasn't relaying anything to me at all. So yeah, 2 forumites who hardly post on our forum =/= the entire forum.

Hurr durr he made a grammar mistake I better attack that; no one will realise it's a lame cop-out.

And you couldn't tell I was clearly joking? For shame.

You weren't joking. It is hardly a joke when you've mentioned it two or three times now.

itt someone doesn't understand person not really caring

itt faking nonchalance to look cool.

I have no reason to apologise to you. Also "my members"? This isn't my forum.

Good, cosmo isn't my forum or vampire queen's forum either. Let's stop pretending it is. Also I'd hate to see you run a forum; your judgemental irrational attitude isn't too encouraging.

Oh, no, help I am hated over the internet.

See above at my nonchalant comment.

Jeez Vixie your people either must have some really low standards of debating or you're putting yourself to shame.

hat's interesting because, like previously stated, we've had people that none of us know join the forum and jump right in.
Also we didn't start this "war"

Your forum's slogan is currently "TCoD has slutty bitches" and you've already had at least one guy banned for spamming. What you're actually doing and what it looks like you're doing are two very different things, if you're telling the truth here.

Okay I guess I will get involved a little.

The slutty bitches remark is just stupid. He was clearly joking.

Maybe that flies on your forums - sure, no problem, more power to you - but it doesn't here. Sending a PM entitled "slutty bitch" is just asking for a confrontation; I see absolutely no reason why someone should assume he was joking. In fact, I think I would have assumed he was a spambot of some kind and dealt with him right off. All in all, definitely not the best way to recruit new members.

We are more than an idiots/trolls combination and if you stopped trying to save your pride you'd see that.

It would help if some of your members didn't immediately declare "e-war" and post threads like this. Not to mention whoever Diplomatic on IRC was. Though I offer my sincere thanks to whoever decided that a forum invasion was a bad idea.

We don't have any staff and none of us got angry or 'butthurt' we've been loling through this entire scenario while you guys attacked us in the irc.

No one attacked you on IRC. Vixie called one thread pathetic - that was it. And, I'm sorry, but advertising a site through PMs the way you (general you, here, not you specifically) did, making a thread, then getting offended when people criticise you and decide that the entire forum is picking a fight? Yes, that's pathetic.

Also, you seem to have misunderstood something about our IRC channel. It is only very loosely connected to the forums; no one cares if you have "spies" hanging around or not. Only when one of your members got obnoxious and disruptive was he banned.

Jeez Vixie your people either must have some really low standards of debating or you're putting yourself to shame
"your people"
"debate"

hahahaha oh god

guys
why are you even taking this so seriously
you're shitting yourselves because people here gave criticism to your forums
that's not attacking you lmao
go find another place to recruit new comrades members :B

That's interesting because, like previously stated, we've had people that none of us know join the forum and jump right in.

Gonna own up to it right now, this was me. I thought somebody over there was attempting to drag me into this and posted, turns out they already had somebody that went by Walker. As for my "jumping right into this," I simply posted a "super cool story bro" image in a different thread, which I hoped would have a diffusing effect. I apologize. Not gonna bother with this any further.

139315577_9da8ef2810.jpg

can't we all just get along

We had two members in the IRC. One of whom who wanted nothing to do with this (Faltzer) who you called out with no evidence at all. The person wasn't relaying anything to me at all. So yeah, 2 forumites who hardly post on our forum =/= the entire forum.

They obviously post enough to quote me on your forums!

Hurr durr he made a grammar mistake I better attack that; no one will realise it's a lame cop-out.

Says the guy who is trying to tell me to accept defeat?? To what.

You weren't joking. It is hardly a joke when you've mentioned it two or three times now.

You catch on fast.

Jeez Vixie your people either must have some really low standards of debating or you're putting yourself to shame.

I'm highly amused that you're calling this "debate".

Gonna own up to it right now, this was me. I thought somebody over there was attempting to drag me into this and posted, turns out they already had somebody that went by Walker. As for my "jumping right into this," I simply posted a "super cool story bro" image in a different thread, which I hoped would have a diffusing effect. I apologize. Not gonna bother with this any further.

139315577_9da8ef2810.jpg

can't we all just get along

:3 Happiest picture EVER. It's the best.

Okay I guess I will get involved a little.

Aw man opaltiger not you too!

Maybe that flies on your forums - sure, no problem, more power to you - but it doesn't here. Sending a PM entitled "slutty bitch" is just asking for a confrontation; I see absolutely no reason why someone should assume he was joking. In fact, I think I would have assumed he was a spambot of some kind and dealt with him right off. All in all, definitely not the best way to recruit new members.

I remember a pokephilia thread being posted here and you guys are going to let yourselves get offended by a PM with that title, really? I don't endorse what Walker did to get new members but the reactions of your members was just ridiculous.

It would help if some of your members didn't immediately declare "e-war" and post threads like this. Not to mention whoever Diplomatic on IRC was. Though I offer my sincere thanks to whoever decided that a forum invasion was a bad idea.

See here's the problem. You guys think we started this. Maybe Walker shouldn't have PMed people but that's miniscule in compare to ganging up and attacking him when he posted his thread. Then King and I came in. Maybe my approach was a bit more orthodox but King made some serious posts and put that MusicDragon guy to shame.

And that'd be Faltzer, the same guy who Vixie called out. Might want to look into that.

No one attacked you on IRC. Vixie called one thread pathetic - that was it. And, I'm sorry, but advertising a site through PMs the way you (general you, here, not you specifically) did, making a thread, then getting offended when people criticise you and decide that the entire forum is picking a fight? Yes, that's pathetic.

Walker is generally regarded as pathetic but I'm gonna say that a) taking everything we said to heart and b) once again ganging up on Walker when he advertised was also pathetic. If he hadn't sent out those PMs he wouldn't have been attacked like that.

Also, you seem to have misunderstood something about our IRC channel. It is only very loosely connected to the forums; no one cares if you have "spies" hanging around or not. Only when one of your members got obnoxious and disrupting was he banned.

I don't care about spies. Once again people are acting like what Vixie says = what I say.

okay so just so we can avoid confusion, can you stop calling this other person Walker

thank you

Also my replies are going to be irregular and possibly not in order here because you guys are making an onslaught of posts.

"your people"
"debate"

hahahaha oh god

guys
why are you even taking this so seriously
you're shitting yourselves because people here gave criticism to your forums
that's not attacking you lmao
go find another place to recruit new comrades members :B

We're taking this seriously because you guys are acting like you've been victimised, among other reasons.

That wasn't criticism, that was just attacking Walker. When Spaekle Oddberry gave actual criticism, we had a merry chat. Everyone else was just attacking Walker.

See here's the problem. You guys think we started this. Maybe Walker shouldn't have PMed people but that's miniscule in compare to ganging up and attacking him when he posted his thread.

Okay, iirc last night your thread consisted of:

• sreservoir making a comment about no one caring.
  • me making a comment about your old faggot slogan or whatever.
  • one other person complaining about the 'slutty bitch' PM.
  • Spoon saying it's not her sort of forum.

Then coltheart came back earlier today.

Sorry, but you were hardly attacked. :\

What are you talking about.
I wasn't referring to you at all.

They obviously post enough to quote me on your forums!

I don't get it. That response makes no sense at all. What constitutes as logic to you because I'm seeing none of it in your posts.

Says the guy who is trying to tell me to accept defeat?? To what.

To be wrong and arrogant and god knows what else.

You catch on fast.

'i was joking'

'damn he knows i wasnt joking better play it off lolol'

???

I'm highly amused that you're calling this "debate".

Well I figured it would be more flattering than a) Vixie being called out as retarded, b) Vixie being a bad troll or c) Vixie being put to shame.

Aw man opaltiger not you too!

Sorry to disappoint.

I remember a pokephilia thread being posted here and you guys are going to let yourselves get offended by a PM with that title, really? I don't endorse what Walker did to get new members but the reactions of your members was just ridiculous.

Perhaps you should stop treating the forum as a single unit. Some people are offended by a PM with that title. Some people are also offended by the thread you mentioned.

Yup, perhaps some of our members overreacted. Negrek already dealt with that, I think. Keyword: some.

See here's the problem. You guys think we started this. Maybe Walker shouldn't have PMed people but that's miniscule in compare to ganging up and attacking him when he posted his thread. Then King and I came in. Maybe my approach was a bit more orthodox but King made some serious posts and put that MusicDragon guy to shame.

You did start this. And MusicDragon reacted quite naturally to someone who clearly seemed like a troll (perhaps Ruby shouldn't have deleted King's threads in Serious Business). Again, though: you're talking about only a few members! Someone could have PMed a moderator and got them to intervene, if necessary.

And that'd be Faltzer, the same guy who Vixie called out. Might want to look into that.

Vixie made a mistake! It happens. Chill.

Walker is generally regarded as pathetic but I'm gonna say that a) taking everything we said to heart and b) once again ganging up on Walker when he advertised was also pathetic. If he hadn't sent out those PMs he wouldn't have been attacked like that.

I'm sorry but you are wildly overreacting. Two people - both recipients of said PMs - dismissed the thread offhand, quite justifiable, and a few more offered criticism. Weak criticism, perhaps, but criticism. Is that "ganging up"? And, no, of course he wouldn't have been attacked if he hadn't sent the PMs. That's rather the point.

I don't care about spies. Once again people are acting like what Vixie says = what I say.

Your forum appears to care! Just wanted to clear up why Diplomatic was banned.

Now, can we agree that this was all a product of overreaction and misunderstanding and just lay the matter to rest?

Last edited:
the question still stands. why, if we are already registered on at least one forum, would care to join another forum which offers nothing more than we already have?

tl;dr: nobody cares.

I will now go back to my regularly scheduled psychotic forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom