• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ace Attorney Mafia [mafia victoly!]

I think polls are neat do you think polls are neat!!

• arroz con poll-o

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • a-poll-o justice

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • poll-iwrath

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • give a hoot, don't poll-ute

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Re: Ace Attorney Mafia

Meanwhile! I do agree that waiting on the Vixie-Butterfree thing is a good idea, but I also agree that we're running low on time and that my days, at least, are probably numbered. If opal was Pal and then I die then there is... a problem.

Fuck.

All right... Butterfree, did you ask about alien last night, per chance?

Yes. I asked if an alien was active and alive.

The answer was yes.

I'm kind of kicking myself now over not having asked something that would have pinned Vixie as that alien. :/ Now we don't actually know if it's safe to lynch her, and without that (and having lost Kratos), yeah, we're pretty fucked as far as I can see, to be honest.

From Kratos' game log thing:

Night 1: dragonair (not mafia) is nightkilled.
Day 1: no lynch.
Night 2: no deaths, but I was asleep.
Day 2: werefish5 (not mafia) is lynched.
Night 3: Walker (not mafia), demonickittens (not mafia) and St. Christopher (not mafia) are nightkilled; Vixie is asleep. This is the last time that Butterfree claimed to have asked about alien activation; Diego was not activated at this point.
Day 3: Dannichu (mafia) is lynched.
Night 4: no deaths, no one is asleep.
Day 4: no lynch.
Night 5: no deaths, no one is asleep.
Day 5: res (mafia) is lynched.
Night 6: opal (not mafia) is nightkilled, no one is asleep.

Obviously, the alien was activated on night 4 or night 5. Now, the alien is a huge threat to everybody, both Mafia and Innocent alike. However, the alien is still alive and active right now, which implies that the Mafia haven't been trying to get rid of the potential threat - they went for two innocents with confirmed useful roles instead.

Tell me, Butterfree, can you think of a reason why the Mafia would bother to keep the alien alive? They must know that one of their kills on day 3 or 4 was an alien activation, but the past two nights, the mafia haven't gone after the alien. Can you think of a reason? Because I can...

fuck, son a fucking fucktard we're fucked.

So. Butterfree is oracle, idk about leafpool, Vixie could be alien. Im Apollo.

Know what'd be funny? Vixie turns out not to be alien, and Leafpool is, and Vixie is just something lame like Terrorist... All our suspicions would be moot.

fuck, son a fucking fucktard we're fucked.

So. Butterfree is oracle, idk about leafpool, Vixie could be alien. Im Apollo.

Know what'd be funny? Vixie turns out not to be alien, and Leafpool is, and Vixie is just something lame like Terrorist... All our suspicions would be moot.

I made a roleclaim a few pages back... I'm Maya and channeled Walker (which means I channeled Lamiroir). I can't prove that I'm telling the truth and that I'm really not alien, but.

That could actually be possible, considering that Leafpool claimed Maya channelling Lamiroir the day after a night with no deaths. The Mafia could have targeted her the night before, and she claimed that role to account for her non-death so they wouldn't suspect her of being alien...I don't really believe that, though. Just pointing out that possibility.

That could actually be possible, considering that Leafpool claimed Maya channelling Lamiroir the day after a night with no deaths. The Mafia could have targeted her the night before, and she claimed that role to account for her non-death so they wouldn't suspect her of being alien...I don't really believe that, though. Just pointing out that possibility.

That would have been a lot of trouble to go through, wouldn't it, though? If I weren't Maya and claimed Maya channeling Lamiroir, then I could potentially have two people on my heels claiming lies: whoever was really Maya, and Lamiroir if she were still alive. I would think just claiming to have been Lamiroir from the start would have been easier.

Tell me, Butterfree, can you think of a reason why the Mafia would bother to keep the alien alive? They must know that one of their kills on day 3 or 4 was an alien activation, but the past two nights, the mafia haven't gone after the alien. Can you think of a reason? Because I can...
? I'm not sure what you're implying. Odds are either the alien is not Vixie (in which case they probably figured we weren't about to execute them anyway so they could go for more important targets) or the alien is Vixie but they worked together during the day discussion yesterday to make sure we'd abstain instead of executing her, knowing that I'd ask about alien activation tonight.

I was implying that the possibility existed that, because the Mafia probably have an idea of who the alien is, they are specifically keeping them alive to keep us in fear and prevent us from lynching anyone (which means the Mafia don't die) until they end up killing all the innocents through night action.

Either way we're still stuck between a rock and a hard place. WHAT SHOULD WE DO ; ;

We've been left in a very difficult spot. On one hand, we could abstain once again, give Butterfree a chance to ask more specifically about Diego and go from there. The only problem with this is that should the mafia target Butterfree, we'll be back to square one, and completely oracle-less.

On the other hand, we could lynch someone we're not suspicious of being the alien and hope that they're mafia. We've got a few rounds left to make a few errors, so it's not completely implausible that we just lynch someone inactive and hope that they are the mafia. (It would be much like Dannichu's situation, a silent killer). We do have a couple of instances of people acting mildly suspicious in earlier days. The one I which jumped out at me was Zora of Termina, with her out-of-the-blue abstain, before coming up with excuses and then vanishing completely.

Right now, I think our priorities actually lie with not letting Butterfree die! Once we can pinpoint the alien, we're at least safe to lynch freely. Everything we do is going to feel wrong, so all we can do is decide to do something, stick to that plan and then work from there. :/

The one I which jumped out at me was Zora of Termina, with her out-of-the-blue abstain, before coming up with excuses and then vanishing completely.

Maybe we should go with this train of thought?

Right now, I think our priorities actually lie with not letting Butterfree die!

How exactly can we accomplish this...?

Mafia, if you kill Butterfree tonight, then we'll probably end up lynching the alien by mistake and then you won't win either :( You don't want that, now do you? Do us all a favor and don't kill Butterfree.

Mafia, if you kill Butterfree tonight, then we'll probably end up lynching the alien by mistake and then you won't win either :( You don't want that, now do you? Do us all a favor and don't kill Butterfree.
I don't really think that's going to work. :/ I mean, aren't there at least three mafia left or something? Surely they would reasonably easily divert the attention away from anyone they suspect of being alien by now.

I think lynching somebody inactive is probably going to be our best bet. If anybody's a roleblocker, try to block somebody who seems suspicious, and meanwhile we can lynch Zora or something.

I vanished completely because I thought I'd be spending that time doing NaNo and promised myself no more Mafia till that was done. But then that fell apart, and I've been watching the game, but by now I figured everyone had forgotten me completely or that I'd be dead by now.

My role was Ema, the roleblocker. I can't back up my claim right now, if at all, but... if you don't believe me, ask me who I've used my action on. Give me a name to block tonight. If I don't check out, go ahead and lynch me.

I vanished completely because I thought I'd be spending that time doing NaNo and promised myself no more Mafia till that was done. But then that fell apart, and I've been watching the game, but by now I figured everyone had forgotten me completely or that I'd be dead by now.

My role was Ema, the roleblocker. I can't back up my claim right now, if at all, but... if you don't believe me, ask me who I've used my action on. Give me a name to block tonight. If I don't check out, go ahead and lynch me.

Your reason for not posting seems a bit odd; it begs the question of why you joined the game if you weren't intending on playing. But more importantly, why didn't you say anything when Kratos asked to hear from Ema and Trucy?

And I think we would all like to hear a bit about who you've targeted, especially the night opal died. (ETA: And also on the nights that nobody was killed.) It could help us figure out what really happened then.

Perhaps we should go after the less-spoken players and hope they're mafia? I think we've more or less established that the more active players aren't. Either that, or they're very clever!

Your reason for not posting seems a bit odd; it begs the question of why you joined the game if you weren't intending on playing. But more importantly, why didn't you say anything when Kratos asked to hear from Ema and Trucy?

And I think we would all like to hear a bit about who you've targeted, especially the night opal died. (ETA: And also on the nights that nobody was killed.) It could help us figure out what really happened then.
Because I thought this would be over by the time it started. :l

I didn't say anything when Kratos asked to hear from me because the forum had stopped giving me notifications for the game and I didn't notice until the next day phase.

Ah... if I recall, on N0 I roleblocked Walker. After the first day phase the forum stopped giving me the notifications for night and day phases at all and I didn't see that night had already started. And passed. That didn't get fixed till recently, so I kept missing the cues for phases and felt why bother posting if I'm being useless anyway, also they've probably forgotten I exist and I have stuff to do anyway.
In fact I only started posting again because NaNo flopped this year and I saw my name brought up.

Because I thought this would be over by the time it started. :l

To quote you from, I think it was the second day?

I'd just like to say the only real reason I haven't done anything in the game is that I've a myriad of unfinished projects that I'd like done before NaNo comes around and I dedicate all my time to working on that.

What I'm saying is, is that really why you haven't been posting? We have quite a few inactive players, at least some of whom must be innocent due to their numbers: enough for the Mafia to comfortably hide among them and avoid suspicion to some extent. If called out on it, they'd just have to think of an excuse.

Ah... if I recall, on N0 I roleblocked Walker. After the first day phase the forum stopped giving me the notifications for night and day phases at all and I didn't see that night had already started. And passed. That didn't get fixed till recently, so I kept missing the cues for phases

So you're saying you only used your night action once, at the very beginning? That seems a bit...convenient, doesn't it? That, along with what I think is a somewhat shaky reason for not posting, leads me to doubt what you're saying.

I don't really think that's going to work. :/ I mean, aren't there at least three mafia left or something? Surely they would reasonably easily divert the attention away from anyone they suspect of being alien by now.

I didn't really think it would, but I can't think of any other solution at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom