• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ArtMo/DraMo 2009

I was so close to failing the challenge yesterday :[
Here's days 7 and 8-

Click the previews to see art that's pretty failtastic c:

and thanks for the critiques everybody! :)

So er I technically failed the challenge if you count the fact that I didn't draw anything for this, but I do have some random doodles I've done while at school...so those will have to do. Let's see....I'll scan up 2 of my doodles, for now you get this image I just drew.

It's an enemy from the Kirby games called a Galbo. They breath fire.

EDIT: I've actually lost track of whether or not I failed, but can we still post if we have? I kinda feel bad about not being as commited as I wanted. :<

fffffffff just want to say.

that I critted Ice's piece and will get along. To everyone else for at least one so ;A;

And my scanner does not want to scannnn. I really liked the piece too, I treid shading ; ; SO until that works, there won't really be a Day 8 up....

It still counts if you did it on the day (say, 8 in this case) but can't upload it until further notice, right D: fffffff in any case I would just tablet draw something if it means I'd fail.

Alright, I figured out what I did:

On the 4th, I drew some doodles in school cause I was bored, then came home and attempted a flipnote(which failed). 5 and 6 I didn't draw anything. On the 7th I doodled in school again.

Would I be able to "cheat" a bit by uploading my doodles from day 4 as 5 and 6? :D

Day 6: Drew Despot. Remind me to sprite it.
Day 7: Drew Despot's evo, Scrematon. Scary.
Day 8: Drew a nice-looking Hypno. I love it.

I FEEL TERRIBLE FOR DOING THE SHITTY 'DROP AND RUN' THING but I'm so busy right now ugnh. I'll try to crit this week-end.

Anyway, I have been doing stuff, just not posting it here :c so:
#3, Othello doodles
#4, crappy crap
#5, the G8. Spot yer country!
#6, my character Henry Hirsch in a skirt. I ran out of ideas okay :c
#7, Alain and Ivan, characters of mine, gayin' it up at Alain's wedding to Sophie.
#8, main character of the novel Les Amitiés Particulières, Georges de Sarre. With pretty and new colouring style yaaay

What I have learnt so-far doing ArtMo: need to practice more poses, am hella fast at colouring. Like, hella fast.

@Ice the Cat: The lineart is nice~ What program are you using? Because I really want something that does pretty lineart like that. The cell-shading is great; it looks natural (or as natural as cell shading gets), and it's all in the right place. The colors are bright and pretty, so that's a plus, too. The only problem I see is her hands... They look a bit out of place somehow. Not sure how to describe it... I think it's her left (your right) hand that's kind of showing up but not really. It might be the fingers or something, but something seems weird and I can't figure out what. >.<; this is frustrating...
Ah, Photoshop is <3
It took me a while to get the hang of, but there's this nifty tool called the Pen Tool. Basically, you make paths and then use them in various ways to make the lineart. Personally, I "stroke" the path with "simulate pressure" enabled; typically with 5px, although sometimes less depending on what I'm doing.
There are a couple of tutorials floating around to get you started, but the pen tool is quite advanced stuff and the end result can vary hugely from person to person. It does take a while to get the hang of though, so yeah.
Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about the anatomy. The drawing itself was about a month and a half old. I just decided to colour it, that's all, ehehe :3

I was so close to failing the challenge yesterday :[
Here's days 7 and 8-

Click the previews to see art that's pretty failtastic c:

and thanks for the critiques everybody! :)
Uhh, I'm not really in a critting mood right now, but I will say that something seems off about the perspective of the character on the right in the second one. Not quite sure what though; it might just be my imagination...

Like I said I'm not in a critting mood right now, but I have looked at everyone's art and it's all awesome o3o

Day 9 - Solitude

Wait, so are the rules "you must draw a picture everyday during that day" or "you must draw 31 pictures in December"? Because I'll join if it's the second one even though I like totally haven't drawn anything this month except for a picture today. In Biology we had to draw some stuff but that won't count because the effort put into it is ridiculously low. :(

Still, I'm going to try. Maybe I'll make it (that would be cool). And I really need to fill my sketchbook that I've had for a couple years now.

SO WHAT I'VE DRAWN SINCE FRIDAY (will stop being too lazy to scan it someday, I promise)

Dec 4: a picture in memory of my froggy
Dec 5: just a quick observational doodle of a lamp in the hotel room
Dec 6: some random ideas for space colonies and robotic trees
Dec 7: tangela gijinka
Dec 8: a squid drawn in markers followed by some ideas for robot squid
Dec 9: Some concept drawings of a character in a comic idea that might someday actually be a comic

Everyone else's stuff looks cool; will actually crit again later. I am being very lazy indeed.

@VPLJ: This is gonna cover Days 3-5 because hurr I suck.

DAY 3:The shading on Cassio's(I think...? Is that who Angry!LittleIago's referring to?) is really, really cool o: Although slightly less realistic than Iago's, since I'm not completely sure if hair gives off white light like that (pfft I have no idea sorry Dx) Also it's probably just me but it doesn't seem like Iago's really holding the hankercheif.

DAY 4:...that just made me smile C: Althouh I think there's something wrong with Dima's neck (unless that's a collar which is making his neck seem that way, the black thing around his neck. TO THE EYE DOCTOR)

DAY 5: pfffttffttt ahaha. This...is actually a good way to learn about the G8 o: Stephen Harper's eyes are creepily translucent but aside from knowing that him,Obama, and Gordon Brown were in G8, and the basics of the whole thing I never knew...anything about it agghhh seventh grade curiculum D: The four wearing completely black (Sarkozy, Berlusconi, Medvedv) suits lack shading on said suits, which I'm not sure whether or not it was intetional (althoigh it's on your last one so maybe) and doesn't stand out too much.

@RaiCH: On 7 and 8

DAY 7: ...aww. That is really cute, actually :'D As for the SAI trial, did it expire? Cause if so well that may be why you couldn't save (also am I the only person not knowing what dodge and burn does OTL. Is it possible that someone could explain cause we're going to eventually call the tablet company for another tablet pen with a working nub and I wanna try Photoshop a little.) You could've contrasted it a little more shading wise, as it
's hard to make out.

DAY 8: Impressive. My only complaint is that it doesn't look like a corner of a will so much as a flat surface and I had to read the comment over to get that it was a corner.

I will get to other people as soon as possible/on their dA's so.

SO GUYS AM I REDEEMED YET *dies*

Back
Top Bottom