• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Best Pokemon Game Ever

What is the Best Pokemon Game Ever?

• Total voters
Silver, no contest. It's the first Pokemon game I've ever owned, so it holds a special place in my heart. It's a game that I can keep coming back to, again and again, without ever losing a hint of its touch.

Crystal

The first game where you could be a woman, OMG KANTOOOO, animations, you could get the Eeveelutions before the E4, more stuff I can't remember

I had so much fun playing it ;-; SO MUCH

Crystal. I loved every second of it. Same with Silver but Crystal just.. fffff yes. ;-;

Gold/Silver had the best storyline, IMO. Its not-so-great graphics are made up for by the storyline.

I don't like Crystal much because, as awesome as the animations were, they were too good, and the later games had to use crappier animations (though I'm sure the better graphics have something to do with that), making the newer games look dumber.

Between the two, Silver is better because it was my first game. Never liked Gold's sprites, and Silver got the Aeroblast Lugia. :)

Is it a problem that I'm scared because a whole bunch of people here seem to have had something other than R/B/Y as their first game? >_>
I don't know about everybody, but most people here seem to be from America, where RB were released in '98, GS in '00, and RS in '03. Most people here also seem to be in the 12-16ish range, which would put them anywhere from toddlers to six years old when Red and Blue were released, probably a little young for video games. At GS's time they would be at maximum around 8 (a little more reasonable), and by RS they would be 11 or so. It's simply age.

Yay, more people than me voted D/P. <33
I liked it best. Because it's pretty.

I also liked LeafGreen, Sapphire, Pinball (original and R/S), Puzzle League (WHY IS THAT NOT THERE) and XD. :3

Emerald, hands down. The best story in the series, IMO (GSC story comes second, but I don't really like Johto). Best game-play, as well. RBY metagame is for entertainment only, GSC is sluggish, DP is broken and unfair.

Yellow has Pikachu... and I adore Ruby, but the GSC gen are my favourites, so I went with Crystal.

I could spend days on Pinball or TCG, though.

I voted for ruby and sapphire because they were the first pokemon games i got and i can get through it in a week and a half.

I chose Yellow because it was my first game game and a Pikachu follows you around. Gold/Silver/Crystal came second.

Crystal. Jhoto had some of the best pokemon, imo. Absolutely loved it.

... am i the only one who enjoyed g/s more than crystal? P:
i dunno why i enjoyed it more, prolly because i got gold before crystal
Nope. I liked Gold better than Crystal, because Gold was the only game I had that featured my favorite Pokemon, Johto Pokemon! Plus, I didn't get Crystal 'till way later, so I liked Gold better. My second choice would have to be XD, because that Shadow Lugia seems cool to just look at it, and it's strong, and you can finally get a Lugia (before Mystery Dungeon came out) without a special Nintendo event, except in Gold/Silver. Again, Gold=YAY!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom