• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Best Pokemon Game Ever

What is the Best Pokemon Game Ever?

• Total voters
Diamond/Pearl:

It combines some of the best features of G/S (Day/Night ect) with those of R/S (Running, Mach Bike ect), and it has all the moving sprites and similar from the third games.

I don't know about everybody, but most people here seem to be from America, where RB were released in '98, GS in '00, and RS in '03. Most people here also seem to be in the 12-16ish range, which would put them anywhere from toddlers to six years old when Red and Blue were released, probably a little young for video games. At GS's time they would be at maximum around 8 (a little more reasonable), and by RS they would be 11 or so. It's simply age.

Meheheh. I'm fourteen. My very first game was Red. I got it when I was four.

...I don't really know what my parents were thinking.

And, fyi, I didn't learn how to leave my house for the first week I had it. I was stuck in the house for a whole stupid week... :sad:

EDIT: Pearl ftw! And, why is Platinum on that list? It's not even out yet...

^ Some people like it. :\

I just like it for the extra items it gives you. Plus the announcer reminds me of the Stadium games. <3

^ Some people like it. :\

I just like it for the extra items it gives you. Plus the announcer reminds me of the Stadium games. <3

Here's the thing. It was good when it was Stadium, but it's not good as Battle Revolution. I'd much rather prefer a storyline addition like Colosseum, at least then it would justify buying it. I bought it anyway, and gave it a 6.7 out of 10 in one of my reviews.

One thing thy could've added, the voice actors for the Pokemon, those sounds from the handheld games are getting annoying. Also, we were promised with destructable environments, but we didn't get that either.

Meheheh. I'm fourteen. My very first game was Red. I got it when I was four.

...I don't really know what my parents were thinking.

And, fyi, I didn't learn how to leave my house for the first week I had it. I was stuck in the house for a whole stupid week... :sad:

oh my god i got stuck in my house at the start of the game too
except.. it's more embarrassing since i got the game when i was 7 ):

I hope Nintendo makes a Gold & Silver remake with WI-FI and stuff like that.
That would be my lifes dream.

The best one? Gold, Silver or Crystal.

The one I voted for that I like best? Ruby/Sapphire, because Sapphire was the first one that was mine where I wasn't a dumb little kid, I've played the most on it, it's the first one where I can remember beating the E4, I have like 600 hours on it which is the most I have on any game, it's the only game I have where I've never started over except for Diamond, and it has my only level 100.

PMD2.

Quirky Piplup ftw. Also the graphics are beautiful.

Crystal wins, hands down. I'm not certain why--perhaps because it was the first one I ever played? Oh well. I don't have to have a reason to love or hate something. xD

I like XD the best I mean isn't it awesome to steal trainer's pokemon and its better than colosseum because of the way better graphics and new functions. After XD I think Crystal was the best because I loved the Johto League and I got to Play Crystal Before Gold.

Crystal. Easily. Why?

First game to have animated Pokemon.
First game to have a choice of gender.
First game to have a battle tower.
Only game to have a good battle tower.
Two regions.
Trainer's Pokemon go as high as level 81.
It just owns. Hard.

Crystal, I really liked this game I even managed to catch a Suicune in it and travel to Kanto I also liked that you could choose to be a girl unlike Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold & Silver. I also got my first Shiny, a Clefable I hatched out from an egg.

Crystal. Before the first gym, you can have a fire, water, and grass type on your team. *Although...no electrics for a long while.*

Back
Top Bottom