• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
But after that, everyone except Groudon and Kyogre was just kind of there in rse. And finally, in d/p/pt, the lake and dragon trios have really cool backstories, but on the other hand, Heatran and Cresselia are incredibly inexplicable. So yeah.

iirc rayquaza, the latis, regis, cresselia, darkrai and shaymin all got movies, I think. Except heatran, but wth is that thing anyway

iirc rayquaza, the latis, regis, cresselia, darkrai and shaymin all got movies, I think. Except heatran, but wth is that thing anyway

Well, Heatran was in the 12th movie? And it wasn't just a cameo. It was under Marcus' control, or something. Sure, it didn't star as a main Pokemon, but it was in there for a good bit.

Pretty sure he's specifically talking about in game back stories. In which case, they only really ended up getting one after the intial games were released in the case of Rayquaza and the Regis, and the others are just there. Like what was stated before. :|

IMO, I wouldn't mind a return to the R/B/G/S style of legends. They aren't too weird and have just enough backstory to be fascinating without losing that air of mystery and power that the legends are, you know, suppose to give off. And if it means more areas like the Ruins of Alph and the Tin Tower....then great!

well, it's not like they can introduce any new evolutions of old pokemon using the old stones, because of the whole consistency thing. they basically have no option but to dream up more convoluted methods to create new pokemon from old pokemon - either that or just introduce a whole bunch more stones. :\ take your pick.

No, what I meant was that they should use old stones, like the Thunderstone, to evolve some of the newly introduced Pokemon. Not the new evos. Like, if they introduced some kind of new Electric-type, they could use the Thunderstone to evolve it. They did it in RSE with Ludicolo, why not now?

Zeta Reticuli said:
Can we not have to wait for the third version to have the battle frontier? I really don't see why we should have to.
They should try and finalize things in the first two things, unlike D/P/Pt. It seemed like Platinum came out just to fix up a lot of things that weren't good, but it shouldn't have had to do that.

Is it me, or does it seem like they're doing this really fast? They barely gave us enough time to play HGSS before they're up and running with a brand new game.

I think there will be some things screwed up on this, because it seems really rushed.

Serebii and Pokebeach are saying that the starters are going to be revealed this month on Pokemon Sunday, and lots of new footage is also going to be revealed on the 16th on Pokemon Sunday. So...essentially Corocoro is going to come out sometime next week with the new Pokemon and lots of pics, and then Pokemon Sunday is actually going to show footage. Yay?

Is it me, or does it seem like they're doing this really fast? They barely gave us enough time to play HGSS before they're up and running with a brand new game.

I think there will be some things screwed up on this, because it seems really rushed.

It will (very likely) be over a year between HGSS when BW come out, what are you talking about.

Red and Green: February 1996
(Blue: October 1996)
(Yellow: September 1998)

Gold and Silver: November 1999 - 3 years, 9 months
(Crystal: December 2000)
Ruby and Sapphire: November 2002 - 3 years
(FireRed and LeafGreen: January 2004 - 1 year, 2 months)
(Emerald: September 2004)

Diamond and Pearl: September 2006 - 3 years, 10 months
(Platinum: September 2008)
(HeartGold and SoulSilver: September 2009 - 3 years)

Black and White: Fall 2010 - earliest: 4 years, latest: 4 years 3 months

To paraphrase Eevee: OH MY GOD why is Nintendo releasing so many new Pokémon games. They are just churning them out. Every four years! This has never happened before in the entire history of the company! Except for um every other time they've released anything.

Last edited:
Not really in "real time" per se, it just feels really fast to me.

Although I really started following the Pokemon news around Platinum, so. Before that my brother and I would just buy whatever Pokemon game we saw at Gamestop.

After the sheer ridiculousness of the delays of Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, and SSBB (among others), Nintendo seems to be legitimately striving to lessen the time between announcement and release of games. The seemingly abrupt announcement of Black and White probably reflects this.

No, what I meant was that they should use old stones, like the Thunderstone, to evolve some of the newly introduced Pokemon. Not the new evos. Like, if they introduced some kind of new Electric-type, they could use the Thunderstone to evolve it. They did it in RSE with Ludicolo, why not now?

I can see where you're coming from, but there's no real reason for them to do this. Level up evolution is probably the "ideal" as far as evolution methods go - pretty much every other evolution method is impossible for a player with no internet connection or official guide to figure out (or worse, impossible for a player with only one DS to do at all), and no game should really be that way. I'm not really sure why they decided to make Lombre, Nuzleaf, and Skitty use the old stones back in 2002, but most of the other gen IV pokemon and gen III pokemon either evolve by level or by some weird method because they have to, for consistency's sake. The exceptions to this rule are pokemon who have weird evolution methods solely for the coolness factor (combee, feebas, mantyke, nincada) and baby pokemon, in which case, who even cares, because you have the adult form already. Making new pokemon evolve using old stones is pretty pointless - it's not very cool anymore, and it's just a "guide dang it" (to use obnoxious tv tropes terminology) for any casual player.

NEWS NEWS NEWS

Pokemon Sunday revealed new sillhouettes of the starters literally minutes ago.

So...let the speculations BEGIN! :D

I think the bottom left one is the fire type, the top one is the water, and the bottom right is the grass starter. Just my thoughts, but still it's cool cool cool.

Can't wait for Corocoro to be leaked/released this week. Then we'll find out what they ACTUALLY look like.

EDIT: DAMMIT NINJA LEAFPOOL. >:(

What?! the left IS SHAPED LIKE LEAVES it's the grass starter.

I think it's grass - fire - water. Right looks like a beaver, sorta...

I like the top one's squiggletail. c:

The rest are... awkward-looking. Guess we'll know more in a few days.

Yeah the one with the leaves is probably the grass starter. (Go figure)
The one on top will be the fire starter.
The one on the right will be the water. Cause it's a Bidoof prevo

I really hope the top one isn't the Grass starter because it looks way too much like Turtwig and Chikorita. In fact, they all look sort of derivative. Of course, these are still just the silhouettes and I'll probably be pleasantly surprised once the full images are released. I hope...

I really like the one on the left. If it's Grass, that's nice, because I NEVER use the grass starter.

I'll probably just end up picking the cutest one. That's what I did in my first playthrough of Silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom