• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Requests Closed Blazhy's Sketchy Shoppy

IT'S STORM :O She looks mildly pissed off, mildly tired. :3 *nom Blazhy* YAY EVIL PLOTTEN PARTNER~

;;Art Commenting Arylettrain Stops here;;

You are just... really good, do you know that? I adore your style. I really do~ Realism is not something a lot of artists use often. (Myself included. D=) I love the mixture of Realism and Cartoonishness, it blends perfectly~

Eight Random Pokemon: Oooh, I love them all! Especially Luxray. The fur is excellently done, and the face and the eyes and just... its awesome leaves me speechless. It really does. Pidgeotto's wings are also really well-done, you detailed the feathers excellently, and they do indeed look realistic.

Four Other Random Things: The rabbit's kinda stiff, and looks a bit like a chocolate bunny for some reason. I'm loving that symbol though, it looks mystical. The wolf is... just... oh my God. It's /beautiful/. Oh, I love how you did the tail. It flows so well. It really does have a mystical feel to it. The tiger/cat/whatever it is is really good as well~ I just see one error with the left paw, it looks a bit stiff and bent oddly. It's excellent otherwise though~ As for the chick, she's good too~

Avvies: I really like the Lugia one the best. They're both quite well-down though, and look professional. The colouring is brilliant. And the Lugia one just seems to possess a strange charm. Perhaps the way the wings are positioned... I'm not sure. I just like it a lot.

Minun: The eyes look a bit too black, kinda like it's dead for some reason... but other than that, I see no errors, and it's good~

Scyther: I do quite agree with everyone's criticisms on it, but I think you shouldn't be so hard on it~ The outlines and colouring have a sort of watercolouresque look. In fact, it looks kinda like something out of a traditional Japanese drawing thingy... ;;Sucks as describing stuff;; But yeah~

Edward: Is whoa. You are good at fur. I don't really like the tongue sticking out, but that's just me~ And not an actual error in anything.

Storm: I like the feathers. And the face kinda looks like its an old Salamence with a lot of wisdom. It just gives me those vibes. Probably all the lines on it. But that's a good thing! Keep up with the detail~

I won't make any requests, I'm just here to comment~ If you don't mind. ^^

Wow, thanks! I didn't expect to have someone give me constructive criticism without requesting anything. I've taken a long time to develop my style, and I've taken inspiration from a lot of artists on dA, which is what essentially mixed in the realism with cartoon.

I myself don't really like the Luxray, probably because I'm not that good at feline anatomy, but at least other people seem to like it. I'm primarily a wolf artist, which gave me a lot of time to develop my fur-drawing techniques - it's all about the length and direction of the lines, really, as well as the 'disheveled' feel.
Also, it's a Swellow, not a Pidgeotto xD But I'm glad you like the wings anyway.

As for the bunny - that's my second time ever drawing a rabbit, and I didn't have a reliable reference anyway, so I guess I just... subconciously pulled the memory of an Easter rabbit out of my mind. That's the closest I've ever been to a rabbit, real or not. Hahah, sad, I know ^^;
For the wolf's tail, I imbued a bit of Okami into it - have you heard of that game? I just love that game's art style, it's just so beautiful and, well, mystical. And like I said before, I'm not all that good with cat anatomy, and I thought that anything past the shoulders for that was pretty bleh but my opinion of it has been raised ;-; You flatter me so.

The one big difference between the two avatars was that I drew the Lugia one bigger, then resized it - I suck really bad at drawing small things. So I like that one better, too. I surprised myself with how the pose came out - at first it was just going to be a boring Lugia with its neck arched and whatnot. I'm not entirely sure how it came to this, but we're all happy.

The Minun is dead inside because his lollipop was the essence of his soulll. Okay, all blasphemy aside, I agree with you - that and the fact that the right eye is, for some reason, smaller than the left.

I'm still pretty ashamed at my attempt of a Scyther v.v It just looks so... Ugh, don't mind me, I'm a sucker for good anatomy. The reason why it looks watercolour-ish, though, is because I used my usual style of colouring, but with a much larger brush. Usually it's more refined... All in all, just a pretty rushed piece. *shot for not appreciating her own art*

I think the problem with Edward's tongue is that it's too... sharp xD I'm pretty happy with that one, though.

I was pretty satisfied with Storm, too, except that I think I made her look a bit too old; it's Dragon's Pokesona, after all, and she's thirteen xD

Thank you so much once again for the critique. I know you didn't come to request anything, but if you ever do want to, know that this request shop will gladly take said request :) ...As long as it's within my abilities/time limit, of course.

Hello, I like your drawings, they are really good, I know you hear this alot but I genuinely mean it, I have a request that I think is worthy of your talents, could you draw me a celebi charging up, DBZ style?

Well, I accidentally forgot to change my shop's status to 'closed' but since you got here before I did, I suppose I can make room for it. It'll take some time though, like I said, because of stupid artist's block :|

Well, I'm not a spriter in the slightest, so my opinion probably isn't the most accurate out there. It certainly looks pretty nice: the colours are done well, although unless my eyes deceive me, the sprite is slightly off center. Also, the chest area just above its right foreleg seems too acute - it should gradually curve into the neck.

If you want some better critique, though, I'd advise you post the splice in the Spriter's Showcase.

Aaand the second portion of Dragon's request. Here's Frozen.

Hope you like her :) Ughhh, the head and wing were easy and fun, but anything past that was really hard. So I cut it off. Hope you don't mind.

FROZAN *late*

Thanks, Blazhy~ Frozen doesn't look as pissed as she normally does when I talk to you Though, is that a thumb or extra finger under her claws? I think Weaviles *with wings!* only have three. >o>

Thanksss~

Well, when I was looking at the Weavile sprite it seemed to have a lump before the hand started, which I interpreted as the thumb. At any rate, all animals have thumbs (opposable or not) on their forelegs, so yeah.

and Frozen doesn't look as pissed because she loves meee *shot*

Oh, you're welcome~ ^^ I do rather enjoy your artwork, and I hope you keep up with the good work. The reason I don't ask for requests is because I also draw, and even though I'm not that good at it, I prefer to make things myself. But I still like to comment every now and then~

But anyway, on with the actual commentings.

Frozen: I love the face and the expression. And the way you did the fur. It does look quite realistic. The wing's great too~ But now, something is a bit bothering about the bottom down. The arm's a bit awkward. It looks too short for the body, I suppose. But I can't see much of the body and gah, I really suck at explaining. DX

Yeah, I don't what you mean Dx I thought of erasing the arms, because they just sorta ruined the picture, but without the arms it looked even weirder... *sucks at drawing Weavile bodies* Thanks again for your comments, though :3 They mean so much; I hardly ever get critique.

Back
Top Bottom