• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Business Approval Office

request center: meant for people without patience, this is the place to get a ref instantly.
you normaly have to pay 6$, but if the match is a week old, it costs 4$, and if it's a month old, then it costs 2$.

request center: meant for people without patience, this is the place to get a ref instantly.
you normaly have to pay 6$, but if the match is a week old, it costs 4$, and if it's a month old, then it costs 2$.

This would be nice, but do the refs get paid?

I can't think of a way that the refs would get paid while the shop still makes a profit.

What would you guys be wanting to see in a shop? Not wanting to own one, but is there any times that you think of an idea and say to yourself "Man, I wish there was a shop for that!" ?

the only way this would be effective is if it worked faster than the emergency referee post, and presumably that would only be feasible if you paid refs more for their service. considering refs get $5+ extra for each round e-reffed, I can't see you earning a profit nor getting much interest.

in short: refs are only going to take up battles in their own time; if they wanted to make extra cash, they might as well do extra e-refs for $5 extra/round.

Um. I have to post here for price changes and stuff, right?

Anyway, changing the prices for double battles, since they give more EXP. Removed the default difficulties since that was kinda pointless anyway, removed the "hopeless only" ban on Arceus, and clarified rules on forme changing. Finally, changed the HP of the hopeless legendary to make it fairer.

Overheads for the new double battle prices are needed; pretty sure I can't set those myself. :P

~~~~~

ASB Central is mostly made up of various shops and stalls, all offering their businesses or trinkets that are of use to the battles that take place across , all some form of useful. A block or two away from the main Bank of TCoD, there is a rather faded looking plain red-brick building, a fresh coat of paint adorning the door and window frames. The services inside, however, seem to be desirable, from the display in the window. A large sign hangs over the door, and the name of the store is proudly painted in big bold letters.

Dragons' Den Simulations

In the window are various cutouts and models of dusty Pokemon, some appearing to be broken or falling apart. A few miscellaneous items litter the floor, and it appears the building's just been rented or sold to a new owner, or owners.

The inside of the store is much, much more decorated than the exterior. The first thing that would catch your eye is a larger, more impressive sign that reiterates the store’s name in a bold blue. Rising up from behind the sign is a dragon, with impossibly silvery scales and glowing blue markings. Its mouth is agape, showing several sharp teeth. After getting over your initial shock of seeing such a vicious serpent in such a small store, you’d realize it was just a model, held up by thin but strong strings dangling from the ceiling.

Around the walls are posters of shadowy outlines of Pokemon, with glowing eyes of various colours. A large amount of them seem to appear avian or have wings, though another good chunk of the Pokemon are quadrupeds or furry. Once you'd taken a good look around the store, the next thing you'd notice would be that it was next to empty. A few models of the Pokemon, in colour now, litter the floor and hang from the ceiling, though the whole place... is rather empty.

A curtain swings near the back of the store, and a girl who appears to have bird wings on her back, looking about thirteen, steps out. "Sorry to keep you waiting," she would say, and invite you into the back. "The front's just the waiting area. The back's where everything is!"

In the back of the store, you'd see two open doors that you pass by. Inside are two identical rooms, large enough to fit a Trainer and three large Pokemon comfortably. The walls, ceiling and floor appear to be covered in a thin coating of metal, and are scarred with burn marks, dents and other signs that these rooms have been broken in. The girl would disappear for a moment behind a counter, before reappearing to hand you a page outlining what the store did. It appears that the building houses simulator rooms that replicate battles with legendary Pokemon.

Outline of services:​
Easy run: $15/$8 overhead
--> double: $17
Normal run: $17/$9 overhead
--> double: $22
Hopeless run: $20/$10 overhead
--> double: $25

Because this business is run by two people, only two simulations may take place at once. However, the battles are picked up right away by either Dragon or blazheirio889. Simulation battles are treated like normal battles so that they adhere by the normal command order, count towards one's battle limits, must use Pokemon from one's active squad, etc. No monetary prizes are awarded upon completion, however.

After completing a run, the simulators take a while to function again for the same person, so effectively, there is a one month waiting period after the completion of a run. Legendaries can either be fought on a plain field with no extra effects or their home stage, which have effects possibly to the advantage, or disadvantage of the Trainer. More on home stages in the next post.

All can be fought on any level of difficulty.

A double battle may be fought with any combination of legendaries, on the basic stage or either of the legedaries' home stages. Note, however, that they cost more than single battles.

Legendaries with multiple forms enter the battle with their default form. They can change their form at the beginning of a round starting from the second round, with the exception of Meloetta, who must use Relic Song to change forms. The change must be stated in the commands. The exception is Arceus, who may only change forms at the beginning of the fourth round, eighth round, etc. Genesect must choose a type for Techno Blast at the beginning of a battle, and that type remains for the rest of the battle.

If a Trainer passes the DQ time of 5 days without commanding their Pokemon, the simulation will continue as normal, though the Trainer's Pokemon will not get a chance to attack. After 3 times of missing the DQ in a row, the simulation will shut down and the Trainer's Pokemon will get no experience.

Easy
Exp. Earned: 1 upon entering the battle, another 1 upon knocking out the Legendary; up to 2 in total and 3 in a double battle.
The Pokemon have 175% health and energy, and their attacks are randomized. Easy mode is a 1 vs 1 battle. In the case of a double battle, easy mode is a 2 vs 2.

Normal
Exp. Earned: 1 upon entering the battle (each), another 1 upon knocking out the Legendary; up to 3 in total and 5 in a double battle.
The Pokemon have 200% health and energy, and their attacks are controlled by either Dragon or Blazhy. They can only use up to 2 conditionals; challengers are able to use the normal 3 conditionals. Normal mode is a 2 vs 1 battle. In the case of a double battle, normal mode is a 4 vs 2.

Hopeless
Exp. Earned: 1 upon entering the battle (each), another 2 upon knocking out the Legendary; up to 4 in total and 6 in a double battle.
The Pokemon’s attacks are controlled by either Dragon or Blazhy. The Pokemon have 250% health and energy, and their critical rates are 10% instead of 5% (critical class moves have rates of 15%). Hopeless mode is a 2 vs. 1 battle. In the case of a double battle, hopeless mode is a 4 vs 2.

Mr. Nostalgia's House

Somewhere in downtown Asber, there's a charming little house with a monochromatic red paint job. On the door, you see a pair of ornaments. There's a blue one that resembles a Phanpy squirting Water out of its nose, and another that appears to be a miniature Arcanine stepping out of a hole. The sign in front of the house reads, in old-fashioned black letters,

"MR. NOSTALGIA's House
Relive Past Glories"

Inside the house, a balding forty-something-year-old is playing with his Game Boy. He puts the game down and greets you.

"Hi there. My name is ASH, but everyone calls me MR. NOSTALGIA! I lived during the first generation of Pokemon, and I'll have you know I was a pretty great trainer during those times! I traveled all over Kanto, caught 'em all, did everything... but alas, the glory days are over."

He let out a melancholy sigh. "Nowadays, nobody knows about the cool things Pokemon were able to do in the past. But I do-- and I'm willing to teach them to your Pokemon! For example..." He snapped his fingers, and out of nowhere an Arcanine materialized on the rug, setting a small portion of it on fire.

Mr. Nostalgia petted his old companion. "Bet you didn't know Arcanine used to be able to teleport, eh? Well, they used to be able to do that. Nowadays, you can't command your Arcanine to teleport. That's where I come in. Just give me a little donation, and I'll teach your Pokemon some moves it could learn during the first generation."

He took out a Pokeball and released a Phanpy as well. "I can also teach Pokemon moves they could learn during the second generation! Take a look at this." His Phanpy spit out a continuous stream of water, dousing the flames Arcanine had started.

"There are plenty of cool moves your Pokemon can learn! If you're interested, please tell me."

~~~

As of August 2011, ASB Pokemon can't use moves they could not legally use during the fifth generation. Mr. Nostalgia can teach a first- or second-generation Pokemon a move it could legally use during Gen. II. This includes NYPC events (Misdreavus with Hypnosis), Gen I/II TMs (Teleport Arcanine), breeding (Phanpy with Water Gun), etc.

It costs $7 for your Pokemon to learn one of these moves, and you may forget them free of charge. (I can't declare overhead, but is $4 okay?)

If, after the release of a new game or event, a Pokemon can legally learn the move you taught it via this service, you may forget the move. Although I don't do refunds, I will let you teach one of your Pokemon a move via this business for free on the off chance that this happens.

Obviously, this service can only be performed with Pokemon that were around during Gen. II; anything with a national dex number over 251 is unable to take advantage of this service.

This one's a stretch, and I don't have the big fancy descriptions and stuff set up, but what abotu a facility that changes a Pokemon's Ability? Certain Abilities (Mummy, Wonder Guard, Solid Rock, TeraVolt, Turbo Blaze, Forecast, Color Change, Air Lock, Drizzle, Drought, Slow Start, Multitype, Imposter, Zen Mode, Illusion, Snow Warning, Sand Stream, Justified, probably some others) would be unavailable, but for instance, a Swift Swim Marill, a Compoundeyes Kricketune, other things within reason--not dependent on the Pokemon's type, necessarily, but on their build, or their design traits. For instance, Thick Fat might be available on a Snorlax, but not on a Treecko, while a Dratini might receive Swift Swim, but a Charmander wouldn't.

Prices would be split up based on the effects of the ability, into general categories such as Speed/other stat boosting (Swift Swim, Unburden), a separate one for Power (Attack or Special Attack) Boosting (Sheer Force, Sniper), Status-healing (Natural Cure, Hydration), Leftovers-like (Rain Dish, Ice Body), Attack-negating (Levitate), Ability/Type-negating (Scrappy, Mold Breaker), and Type-negating Plus (Sap Sipper, Lightningrod, Storm Drain). This would count as a Body Mod.

Another idea that I had that I'm sure will be shot down was a Splicing Laboratory where you could grow your Pokemon new limbs that came with the ability to use new moves. I had this one a bit more planned out; it would count as both a Movepool and a Body modification, as otherwise it would be ridiculously broken. You couldn't buy Arms for a Pokemon that already has Arms, or Wings for a Pokemon that already has Wings, etc.

This is the list I had made for it:

Part: Horn
Basic: Horn Attack, Fury Attack, Peck
Deluxe: Megahorn, Poison Jab, Horn Drill

Part: Tail
Basic: Tail Whip, Poison Tail, Slam
Deluxe: Tail Slap, Aqua Tail, Dragon Tail

Part: Leaves
Basic: Razor Leaf, Growth, Magical Leaf
Deluxe: Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, Synthesis

Part: Beak
Basic: Peck, Pluck
Deluxe: Drill Peck

Part: Wings
Basic: Wing Attack, Steel Wing, Gust, Twister
Deluxe: Fly, Brave Bird, Whirlwind, Featherdance

Part: Jaw
Basic: Bite, Bug Bite
Deluxe: Crunch, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Ice Fang

Part: Claws
Basic: Scratch, Cut, Metal Claw, Fury Swipes, Crush Claw
Deluxe: Night Slash, Aerial Ace, Hone Claws, Shadow Claw, X-Scissor

Part: Butterfly Wings
Basic: Silver Wind, Gust
Deluxe: Bug Buzz, Air Slash, Quiver Dance

Part: Spade Claws
Basic: Dig, Metal Claw
Deluxe: Drill Run, Bulldoze

Part: Legs
Basic: Low Sweep, Double Kick, Low Kick, Jump Kick
Deluxe: Blaze Kick, Mega Kick, Triple Kick, Hi Jump Kick

Part: Arms
Basic: Thief, Covet, Comet Punch, Dizzy Punch, Vital Throw
Deluxe: Mega Punch, Thunderpunch, Ice Punch, Shadow Punch, Fire Punch

The Deluxe package would cost a lot more than the Basic package, but it would have access to all of the Basic package's attacks as well.

The only way I can think of balancing this out would be to make it really expensive. But I'm expecting to get it shot down anyhow, so...

Last edited:
Has there ever been a business involving happiness points? I know you can't buy rare candies outright, but is there a way to transfer happiness? If not, would it be acceptable to make a business involving that?

(Also, on Karkat's business; when/where did Negrek say that? Does that mean a cyndaquil can't use submission anymore, for example?)

(Also, on Karkat's business; when/where did Negrek say that? Does that mean a cyndaquil can't use submission anymore, for example?)

The rule hasn't gone into effect just yet; should go into effect with the hack update. I'm just posting it here so I get dibs on the idea.

Another idea that I had that I'm sure will be shot down was a Splicing Laboratory where you could grow your Pokemon new limbs that came with the ability to use new moves. I had this one a bit more planned out; it would count as both a Movepool and a Body modification, as otherwise it would be ridiculously broken. You couldn't buy Arms for a Pokemon that already has Arms, or Wings for a Pokemon that already has Wings, etc.

hey, what's up, I'm the owner of that business. :D

essentially I think it would be pretty easy for owners to just take their pokemon to the PRO and work out a move mod from there. I've considered adding movepool mods to my business, but I imagine they'd be prohibitively expensive.

I've also got some ability-changing thingies up for approval, too.

Alrighty then.

Slots prizes:

meowthmeowthmeowth 3 MEOWTH - JACKPOT
Odds: 1/100 ($6 wager); 2/100 ($9 wager); 3/100 ($11 wager)
Prizes: Ditto, Porygon, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Cyndaquil, Chikorita, Chimchar, Mudkip, Piplup, Squirtle, Torchic, Totodile, Treecko, Turtwig, Dratini, Larvitar, Bagon, Beldum, Gible, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Tirtouga, Archen, Zorua, Larvesta, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Tynamo, Axew, Deino, Meowth, $(3x wager)

zoruazoruazorua 3 ZORUA - Rare Prize
Odds: 5/100 ($6 wager); 9/100 ($9 wager); 12/100 ($11 wager)
Prizes: Houndour, Rhyhorn, Skitty, Spiritomb, Zangoose, Seviper, Skorupi, Girafarig, Kecleon, Munchlax, Murkrow, Sneasel, Tyrogue, Meowth, Throh, Golett, Pawniard, Bouffalant, Heatmor, Durant, Yamask, Klink, Shelmet, Stunfisk, Mienfoo, Sigilyph, a random evolution item, $(2x wager)

pikachupikachupikachu 3 PIKACHU - Intermediate Prize
Odds: 10/100 ($6 wager); 15/100 ($9 wager); 20/100 ($11 wager)
Prizes: Buizel, Buneary, Cubone, Gastly, Glameow, Growlithe, Koffing, Magnemite, Pichu, Psyduck, Slowpoke, Togepi, Venonat, Vulpix, Azurill, Cleffa, Drifloon, Happiny, Igglybuff, Plusle, Minun, Wynaut, Munna, Petilil, Darumaka, Dwebble, Scraggy, Trubbish, Ducklett, Joltik, Cubchoo, Cottonnee, Sandile, Minccino, Gothita, Vanillite, Foongus, Frillish, Litwick, Rufflet, Vullaby, Meowth, $(wager), a random gem

magikarpmagikarpmagikarp 3 MAGIKARP - Common Prize
Odds: 35/100 ($6 wager); 40/100 ($9 wager); 45/100 ($11 wager)
Prizes: Abra, Grimer, Krabby, Mareep, Ralts, Shinx, Staryu, Swinub, Bellsprout, Budew, Caterpie, Ekans, Magikarp, Meowth, Nincada, Oddish, Poliwag, Rattata, Sandshrew, Sentret, Slakoth, Spheal, Spinarak, Weedle, Wurmple, Zigzagoon, Zubat, Purrloin, Blitzle, Roggenrola, Audino, Timburr, Venipede, Patrat, Lillipup, Pidove, Woobat, a random berry

magikarpmeowthzorua NO MATCH - Loss
Odds: 49/100 ($6 wager); 34/100 ($9 wager); 20/100 ($11 wager)
No prize; try again!

Card flip prizes:

Column- $3
Odds: 1 in 3
Prizes: Meowth, Abra, Corphish, Horsea, Luvdisc, Mareep, Pachirisu, Ralts, Barboach, Cherubi, Chinchou, Drowzee, Duskull, Mankey, Natu, Stunky, Voltorb, Diglett, Wooper, Pidgey, Minccino, Sandile, Emolga, Deerling, Vanillite, Timburr, Audino, Roggenrola, Blitzle, Patrat, Pidove, Woobat, Drilbur, a random berry

Row - $6
Odds: 1 in 4
Prizes: Ponyta, Pineco, Shellder, Hippopotas, Meditite, Mime Jr, Bonsly, Aron, Croagunk, Wailmer, Burmy, Combee, Chingling, Electrike, Exeggcute, Nosepass, Phanpy, Snover, Spinda, Teddiursa, Torkoal, Basculin, Ferroseed, Joltik, Scraggy, Trubbish, Elgyem, Solosis, Maractus, Karrablast, Sawk, Bouffalant, Meowth, a random gem

Single card- $8
Odds: 1 in 12
Prizes: Dunsparce, Gligar, Shuckle, Tropius, Tyrogue, Unown, Yanma, Aipom, Delibird, Dratini, Eevee, Elekid, Gible, Lapras, Lickitung, Magby, Miltank, Misdreavus, Onix, Scyther, Smeargle, Larvitar, Smoochum, Stantler, Tauros, Absol, Beldum, Castform, Ditto, Porygon, Rotom, Riolu, Drifloon, Druddigon, Dragomelet, Skelitten, Spraylet, Cryogonal, Larvesta, Wyrmal, Frizard, Rasqueon, Zorua, Meowth, a random evolution item
Looks fine. Approved. (Also come back. ;-;)

Cosmic's Archeology Museum

At the far North-East corner of Asber, at the end of a small and barely noticeable path made of white bricks, stands a large portal made of what seems to be marble, but that is far too damaged and fissured to tell without doubt. The portal opens like a gaping mouth on an obscure tunnel that seem to dive in earth.
One that would have the guts to walk inside would soon arrive in a room only lighted by fire torches on the walls with numerous glass cages containing stones of various shapes and colors and some pokémon fossils that would make a collector pee in his pants out of jealousy.
A teenage guy stands next to those glass cages. His sharp blue gaze is piercing you in suspicion. "What do you want?"
"..."
"If you are not here to dig, leave. If you are, well..."

Cosmic's Archeology Museum offers research services. Here, you will have access to areas proper for fossil hunting. You will have the choice between three areas, each packing different ancient goodies. You will pay the desired number of runs you want to make, but if you take an economic package, you can only do it in one area at a time. League's Abra have other things to do than Teleporting goofies around.

----
Costs
----
One Run ---- £10 / £5
Two Runs --- £16 / £8
Three Runs -- £20 / £10

----

The Dried Lake

This is where you can find most fossils of aquatic pokémon. The tunnel of the museum resurfaces to a large plain where few cactuses and shrubs are scattered. Some desert pokémon live there.

---Common (10%/Run Each):

Soft Sand, Hard Rock, Damp Rock, Icy Rock

---Uncommon (7%/Run Each):

Water Stone, Thunder Stone, Moon Stone, Cacnea, Skorupi

---Rare (5%/Run Each):

Dome Fossil, Helix Fossil, Claw Fossil, Root Fossil, Relicanth Fossil

The Volcanic Valley

This luxurious jungle sprouts at the foot of a huge volcano, now sleeping but that once devastated the valley, well conserving the skeleton of numerous landed prehistoric pokémon. Some forest pokémon live there.

---Common (10%/Run Each):

Charcoal, Miracle Seed, Heat Rock, Smooth Rock

---Uncommon (7%/Run Each):

Fire Stone, Leaf Stone, Sun Stone, Mankey, Exeggcute

---Rare (5%/Run Each):

Armor Fossil, Skull Fossil, Plume Fossil, Lid Fossil, Old Amber

The Mayan Archeology Paradise

Here is the most mysterious exploration site the company have access to, the once glorious city of a civilization now extinct. Here you will not necessarily find something, but if you do, chances are it will be a great discovery.

---Rare (5%/Run Each):

Dawn Stone, Dusk Stone, Shiny Stone, Natu, Meditite, Bronzor

---Very Rare (3%/Run Each):

Divine Mayan Statue---There are three, and let me say those are great. Since I want to keep the secret, I'll PM a Sig Move/Attribute approver (Glance at Negrek) for, well... approval.

"...Happy exploring!"
~~~
It's fine, except you're going to need to tell me more about the signature attributes you had in mind for the statues. They have to be approved before you can give anything out with them.

updating shop prices as discussed~ also rewritten/tweaked a few things.

Fine Print:
- You can only purchase one (1) body modification per pokémon (with exception to gills). Mods bought here will override any body mod that's already in place for a pokémon. Similarly, these mods can be overwritten by body mods bought elsewhere or set up in the PRO.
- all modifications require a three-day waiting period, and pokémon need to be picked up before battle.
- modifications are carried over through evolution, but may need to be updated if your pokémon’s weight changes.

Small wings - $8
Effect: These small wings are designed for pokémon no heavier than 100lbs. When equipped, the pokémon using them is classed as Consensually Flying, making them expend 2% energy per action to use them. Pokémon with artificial wings are slower in-flight than naturally winged pokémon. The pokémon also receives 1% extra damage from ice-, rock- or electric-typed attacks, and will deal an extra 1% damage when using flying-type attacks.

Medium wings
- $11
Effect: These wings are designed for pokémon no heavier than 250lbs. When equipped, the pokémon using them is classed as Consensually Flying, making them expend 3% energy per action to use them. Pokémon with artificial wings are slower in-flight than naturally winged pokémon. The pokémon also receives 1% extra damage from ice-, rock- or electric-typed attacks, and will deal an extra 2% damage when using flying-type attacks.

Large wings - $14
Effect: These large wings are designed for any pokémon. When equipped, the pokémon using them is classed as Consensually Flying, making them expend 4% energy per action to use them. Pokémon with artificial wings are slower in-flight than naturally winged pokémon. The pokémon also receives 1% extra damage from ice-, rock- or electric-typed attacks, and will deal an extra 3% damage when using flying-type attacks.

Gills - $9
Effect: allows a pokémon to breathe underwater indefinitely without losing health or energy. They don't replace lungs, and instead allow a pokémon to be fully amphibious. Gills cannot be applied to pokémon who do not breathe (Magnemite, Unown, Beldum etc) or pokémon made out of a substance that could be eroded by water (Graveler, Slugma, etc.).

Webbed Feet - $5
Effect: gives a pokémon either webbed feet/paws or a mermaid-style tail to add extra speed and maneuverability while underwater, at the expense of slightly less speed and maneuverability on land. The pokémon also receives 1% extra damage from grass- or electric-type attacks.

Levitation Course
- $11
Effect: pokémon can choose to levitate at the expense of energy per action determined by their weight, effectively giving them the ability Levitate in addition to all other abilities until they choose to stop. Energy cost is calculated as follows:
100lbs or less - 2% per action
101lbs to 250lbs - 3% per action
251lbs to 440lbs – 4% per action
440lbs+ – 5% per action
Fighting- or Poison- type pokémon will expend an extra 2% energy to levitate; Psychic-type pokémon will expend 1% less energy.

I've nixed flame protectors, robotic wings and false limbs because they're kind of useless really; robotic pokemon might as well just get ordinary wings and flame protectors were sort of dumb anyway. false limbs are so exceptionally silly that I can't imagine anyone using them but I might bring them back if people want them? I dunno.

and things to add:

Through the use of our patented gene-therapy ™, your pokémon can go under the knife and gain a new ability to replace its old one. This is treated as a Signature Attribute, and can overwrite an old one or be overwritten by a new one. However, we unfortunately do have some obvious restrictions, so no cryogonals with flame body, okay?

Skin Therapy: Rough Skin – 10$
Effect: this pokémon has had its skin specially treated with enzymes that have left it harsh and painful to the touch. This pokémon gains the ability Rough Skin, replacing its old ability.

Skin Therapy: Flame Body - 10$
Effect: by altering its skin cells, this pokémon gives off constant flames. This pokémon gains the ability Flame Body, replacing its old ability.

Skin Therapy: Static – 10$
Effect: through electrical impulse therapy, this pokémon’s skin or fur is constantly flowing with electrical current. This pokémon gains the ability Static, replacing its old ability.

Skin Therapy: Poison Point – 10$
Effect: through extensive surgery, this pokémon has small, poisonous spines embedded into its skin. This pokémon gains the ability Poison Point, replacing its old ability.

Skin Therapy: Battle Armour -10$
Effect: with some skin conditioning and surgery, this pokémon’s weak spots are covered by a thick, tough hide. This pokémon gains the ability Battle Armour, replacing its old ability.

Skin Therapy: Illuminate – 10$
Effect: by manipulating the skin cells of this pokémon, it now has a natural bioluminescence and glows in dark situations. This pokémon gains the ability Illuminate,
replacing its old ability.

Skin Therapy: Effect Spore – 14$
Effect: through genetic manipulation of this pokémon’s sweat glands, it now produces noxious spores through its skin. This pokémon gains the ability Effect Spore, replacing its old ability.

Skin Therapy: Regenerator – 14$
Effect: through rigorous manipulation of this pokémon’s genes, its skin cells now detect wounds rapidly, enabling a faster healing process. This pokémon gains the ability Regenerator, replacing its old ability.

Skin Therapy: Overcoat – 14$
Effect: With multiple skin grafts and surgery, this pokémon is now able to sufficiently shield itself from weather effects using its skin. This pokémon gains the ability Overcoat, replacing its old ability.

Skin Therapy: Damp – 14$
Effect: By altering this pokémon’s pores, it now constantly produces a thin, watery film protecting it from explosive attacks. This pokémon gains the ability Damp, replacing its old ability.
You mention that there are some restrictions on what pokémon can get what abilities, but what are they exactly? I'm not really thrilled with arbitrary ability changes, since there are plenty of bad combinations out there that could happen, and these modifications have no downside (besides any inherent in the ability itself).

Gen 5 updates, lalala. Skipping anything sections that haven't changed, and summarizing everything I altered at the bottom for your convenience.

--

Well-traveled as they are, none of our residents (to our knowledge) have ever seen a legendary Pokémon and as such don't know anything about the special moves they might know. Moves that are exclusive to legendary Pokémon or otherwise exceptionally rare (Aeroblast, Blue Flare, Bolt Strike, Crush Grip, Dark Void, Doom Desire, Freeze Shock, Fusion Bolt, Fusion Flare, Glaciate, Heart Swap, Ice Burn, Judgment, Lunar Dance, Luster Purge, Magma Storm, Mist Ball, Psycho Boost, Psystrike, Relic Song, Roar of Time, Sacred Fire, Sacred Sword, Searing Shot, Secret Sword, Seed Flare, Shadow Force, Spacial Rend, Techno Buster, V-create) cannot be taught. None of them have mastered the ability to teach Sketch, Transform, Conversion or Conversion2, either.

Prices:

Directly damaging attacks (Scratch, Giga Impact, Fire Punch): To determine the price of your move, take its base power and divide it by ten (round down if it ends in 5 or lower and up if it ends in 6 or higher). So, for example, Earthquake would cost $10.
Special cases:
-Acrobatics is considered to have a base power of 110.
-Frost Breath and Storm Throw are considered to have a base power of 80.

Offensive moves with no fixed base power or variable total damage:
-Magnitude, Present, Psywave: $7
-Arm Thrust, Barrage, Comet Punch, Doubleslap, Fury Attack, Fury Swipes, Pin Missile, Twineedle: $4
-Triple Kick: $5
-Bone Rush, Bullet Seed, Double Hit, Double Kick, Icicle Spear, Rock Blast, Spike Cannon, Tail Slap: $6
-Dual Chop: $8
-Bonemerang, Gear Grind: $10
-Electro Ball, Fling, Frustration, Grass Knot, Gyro Ball, Heat Crash, Heavy Slam, Low Kick, Night Shade, Natural Gift, Punishment, Return, Seismic Toss: $8
-Bide, Endeavor, Flail, Pain Split, Reversal, Spit Up, Trump Card, Wring Out: $10
-Super Fang: $15
-Final Gambit: $20

Mimicry Moves (Copycat, Assist, Mirror Move, Metronome, Me First, Mimic, Nature Power and Sleep Talk): $8

Weather Moves, Gravity, Magic Room, Tailwind, Trick Room and Wonder Room: $10

Stat-Altering Moves:
-Moves that change a stat by absolute value of 1 (Tail Whip, Howl, etc.): $5
-Moves that change stats by an absolute value of 2 (Screech, Cosmic Power, etc.): $8
-Moves that change stats by an absolute value of 3 (Cotton Guard, Quiver Dance, etc.): $11
-Shell Smash and Belly Drum: $15

Direct Status-Inflicting Moves (Poisonpowder, Thunder Wave, etc.), Flatter and Swagger: $8

Direct Healing Moves (Recover, Synthesis, Heal Pulse, etc.): $10

Magic Coat: $15

---

Redundant Move Exchange Policy

If your pokémon learns a move from one of our belligerent elderly people but then wakes up one morning with the sudden realization "My god, I just realized that I totally already know how to do that!"—this sensation is sometimes known to occur after they release some of those newfangled "new video games" and they "update older pokémon's movepools"—and you'd rather it didn't have two copies of the same move, you can come back here and we'll have someone teach another that the pokémon actually doesn't know yet. Simply bring the pokémon with the redundant move back here, have it speak to the move deleter, and then you're welcome to choose another move of equal or lesser value (to teach to the same pokémon or to a different one) for free. You can also choose a more expensive move and simply pay the difference between the old move and the new one.

Price: Free if exchanging a move for one of equal or lesser value. If trading in for a more expensive move, costs [price of new move] - [price of old move].

---

Summary of Prices/Overheads:

BP10: 1/0
BP20: 2/0
BP30: 3/1
BP40: 4/2
BP50: 5/2
BP60: 6/3
BP70: 7/3
BP80: 8/4
BP90: 9/4
BP100: 10/5
BP110: 11/5
BP120: 12/6
BP130: 13/7
BP140: 14/9
BP150: 15/9
BP200: 20/14
BP250: 25/18
Counter, Mirror Coat, Metal Burst: 15/9
Offensive moves w/no fixed power: 7/3, 4/2, 5/2, 6/3, 8/4, 10/5, 15/9, 20/14
Mimicry moves: 8/4
Weather moves, Gravity, Magic Room, Tailwind, Trick Room, Wonder Room: 10/5
Stat-altering moves: 5/2, 8/4, 11/5, 15/9
Status-inflicting moves: 8/4
Direct healing moves: 10/5
Magic Coat: 15/9
Everything else: 8/4

Summary of changes:

-Added blue flare, bolt strike, freeze bolt, fusion bolt, fusion flare, glaciate, ice burn, psystrike, relic song, sacred sword, searing shot, secret sword, techno buster and v-create to list of unteachable moves.
-Added special notes for directly-damaging moves that are in a price bracket higher than normal due to their effect always/almost always increasing their power (acrobatics is 110 BP/$11, frost breath and storm throw are 80 BP/$8).
-Bullet seed and icicle spear now cost $6 in accordance with their increased base power; added tail slap to the same $6 multi-hit bracket.
-Added dual chop for $8.
-Added gear grind to bonemerang's price bracket ($10).
-Punishment now has "no fixed base power" and has been moved to the $8 price bracket, and added electro ball, heat crash and heavy slam to the same bracket.
-Added a new price bracket for moves that change stats by an absolute value of 3 (cotton guard, tail glow, quiver dance, etc.) for $11.
-Belly drum now costs $15, and added shell smash to the same bracket.
-Added final gambit for $20.
-Specified that flatter and swagger count as $8 status-inflicting moves and not $5 or $8 stat-altering moves (to prevent potential mixups in the case of flatter).
-Magic coat now costs $15 instead of being an $8 generic non-damaging move.
-Magic room and wonder room added to the $10 field effect bracket.
-Added a clause to cover "exchanges" in the event of members purchasing a move that their pokémon ends up learning naturally in future releases (another move of equal or lesser value for any of their pokémon, or a more expensive one for the difference in price between old move and new move).
-Overheads should all be correct; everything being added costs the same as something that already had a price and overhead anyway. The only thing I'm not sure about is how to do the overhead on the exchanged moves.
-I'm also tempted to put stored power in the $8 variable power bracket, and to increase the price for venoshock and hex because their damage-doubling effects are pretty easy to trigger. Should I?

Can you think of anything else I've missed or that needs special pricing?

Additionally, I'm curious: if someone gets a signature attribute that changes the type of their pokémon, are they allowed to count that pokémon as the new type for the purposes of this business? Theoretically they'd just be able to get whatever move they'd be buying from here along with the type change, of course, but could they buy stuff here or would I have to turn them down?
For overheads on exchanged moves, make it $2 for every additional $5 that has to be spent to make up the difference between the new and old move.

I think stored power belongs more in the $10 variable-price bracket... it gets really good quickly. And yes, venoshock and hex could go up in price.

I would prefer that you didn't teach pokémon moves corresponding to a type they had gained only as the result of a type-changing attribute. If they still retain any of their original types, though, they can learn a move belonging to one of those.

Um. I have to post here for price changes and stuff, right?

Anyway, changing the prices for double battles, since they give more EXP. Removed the default difficulties since that was kinda pointless anyway, removed the "hopeless only" ban on Arceus, and clarified rules on forme changing. Finally, changed the HP of the hopeless legendary to make it fairer.

Overheads for the new double battle prices are needed; pretty sure I can't set those myself. :P

~~~~~

ASB Central is mostly made up of various shops and stalls, all offering their businesses or trinkets that are of use to the battles that take place across , all some form of useful. A block or two away from the main Bank of TCoD, there is a rather faded looking plain red-brick building, a fresh coat of paint adorning the door and window frames. The services inside, however, seem to be desirable, from the display in the window. A large sign hangs over the door, and the name of the store is proudly painted in big bold letters.

Dragons' Den Simulations

In the window are various cutouts and models of dusty Pokemon, some appearing to be broken or falling apart. A few miscellaneous items litter the floor, and it appears the building's just been rented or sold to a new owner, or owners.

The inside of the store is much, much more decorated than the exterior. The first thing that would catch your eye is a larger, more impressive sign that reiterates the store’s name in a bold blue. Rising up from behind the sign is a dragon, with impossibly silvery scales and glowing blue markings. Its mouth is agape, showing several sharp teeth. After getting over your initial shock of seeing such a vicious serpent in such a small store, you’d realize it was just a model, held up by thin but strong strings dangling from the ceiling.

Around the walls are posters of shadowy outlines of Pokemon, with glowing eyes of various colours. A large amount of them seem to appear avian or have wings, though another good chunk of the Pokemon are quadrupeds or furry. Once you'd taken a good look around the store, the next thing you'd notice would be that it was next to empty. A few models of the Pokemon, in colour now, litter the floor and hang from the ceiling, though the whole place... is rather empty.

A curtain swings near the back of the store, and a girl who appears to have bird wings on her back, looking about thirteen, steps out. "Sorry to keep you waiting," she would say, and invite you into the back. "The front's just the waiting area. The back's where everything is!"

In the back of the store, you'd see two open doors that you pass by. Inside are two identical rooms, large enough to fit a Trainer and three large Pokemon comfortably. The walls, ceiling and floor appear to be covered in a thin coating of metal, and are scarred with burn marks, dents and other signs that these rooms have been broken in. The girl would disappear for a moment behind a counter, before reappearing to hand you a page outlining what the store did. It appears that the building houses simulator rooms that replicate battles with legendary Pokemon.

Outline of services:​
Easy run: $15/$8 overhead
--> double: $17
Normal run: $17/$9 overhead
--> double: $22
Hopeless run: $20/$10 overhead
--> double: $25

Because this business is run by two people, only two simulations may take place at once. However, the battles are picked up right away by either Dragon or blazheirio889. Simulation battles are treated like normal battles so that they adhere by the normal command order, count towards one's battle limits, must use Pokemon from one's active squad, etc. No monetary prizes are awarded upon completion, however.

After completing a run, the simulators take a while to function again for the same person, so effectively, there is a one month waiting period after the completion of a run. Legendaries can either be fought on a plain field with no extra effects or their home stage, which have effects possibly to the advantage, or disadvantage of the Trainer. More on home stages in the next post.

All can be fought on any level of difficulty.

A double battle may be fought with any combination of legendaries, on the basic stage or either of the legedaries' home stages. Note, however, that they cost more than single battles.

Legendaries with multiple forms enter the battle with their default form. They can change their form at the beginning of a round starting from the second round, with the exception of Meloetta, who must use Relic Song to change forms. The change must be stated in the commands. The exception is Arceus, who may only change forms at the beginning of the fourth round, eighth round, etc. Genesect must choose a type for Techno Blast at the beginning of a battle, and that type remains for the rest of the battle.

If a Trainer passes the DQ time of 5 days without commanding their Pokemon, the simulation will continue as normal, though the Trainer's Pokemon will not get a chance to attack. After 3 times of missing the DQ in a row, the simulation will shut down and the Trainer's Pokemon will get no experience.

Easy
Exp. Earned: 1 upon entering the battle, another 1 upon knocking out the Legendary; up to 2 in total and 3 in a double battle.
The Pokemon have 175% health and energy, and their attacks are randomized. Easy mode is a 1 vs 1 battle. In the case of a double battle, easy mode is a 2 vs 2.

Normal
Exp. Earned: 1 upon entering the battle (each), another 1 upon knocking out the Legendary; up to 3 in total and 5 in a double battle.
The Pokemon have 200% health and energy, and their attacks are controlled by either Dragon or Blazhy. They can only use up to 2 conditionals; challengers are able to use the normal 3 conditionals. Normal mode is a 2 vs 1 battle. In the case of a double battle, normal mode is a 4 vs 2.

Hopeless
Exp. Earned: 1 upon entering the battle (each), another 2 upon knocking out the Legendary; up to 4 in total and 6 in a double battle.
The Pokemon’s attacks are controlled by either Dragon or Blazhy. The Pokemon have 250% health and energy, and their critical rates are 10% instead of 5% (critical class moves have rates of 15%). Hopeless mode is a 2 vs. 1 battle. In the case of a double battle, hopeless mode is a 4 vs 2.
Overheads for the double runs should be $10/$13/$15. You also might want to change Dragon's name the various places that it appears. :(

Mr. Nostalgia's House

Somewhere in downtown Asber, there's a charming little house with a monochromatic red paint job. On the door, you see a pair of ornaments. There's a blue one that resembles a Phanpy squirting Water out of its nose, and another that appears to be a miniature Arcanine stepping out of a hole. The sign in front of the house reads, in old-fashioned black letters,

"MR. NOSTALGIA's House
Relive Past Glories"

Inside the house, a balding forty-something-year-old is playing with his Game Boy. He puts the game down and greets you.

"Hi there. My name is ASH, but everyone calls me MR. NOSTALGIA! I lived during the first generation of Pokemon, and I'll have you know I was a pretty great trainer during those times! I traveled all over Kanto, caught 'em all, did everything... but alas, the glory days are over."

He let out a melancholy sigh. "Nowadays, nobody knows about the cool things Pokemon were able to do in the past. But I do-- and I'm willing to teach them to your Pokemon! For example..." He snapped his fingers, and out of nowhere an Arcanine materialized on the rug, setting a small portion of it on fire.

Mr. Nostalgia petted his old companion. "Bet you didn't know Arcanine used to be able to teleport, eh? Well, they used to be able to do that. Nowadays, you can't command your Arcanine to teleport. That's where I come in. Just give me a little donation, and I'll teach your Pokemon some moves it could learn during the first generation."

He took out a Pokeball and released a Phanpy as well. "I can also teach Pokemon moves they could learn during the second generation! Take a look at this." His Phanpy spit out a continuous stream of water, dousing the flames Arcanine had started.

"There are plenty of cool moves your Pokemon can learn! If you're interested, please tell me."

~~~

As of August 2011, ASB Pokemon can't use moves they could not legally use during the fifth generation. Mr. Nostalgia can teach a first- or second-generation Pokemon a move it could legally use during Gen. II. This includes NYPC events (Misdreavus with Hypnosis), Gen I/II TMs (Teleport Arcanine), breeding (Phanpy with Water Gun), etc.

It costs $7 for your Pokemon to learn one of these moves, and you may forget them free of charge. (I can't declare overhead, but is $4 okay?)

If, after the release of a new game or event, a Pokemon can legally learn the move you taught it via this service, you may forget the move. Although I don't do refunds, I will let you teach one of your Pokemon a move via this business for free on the off chance that this happens.

Obviously, this service can only be performed with Pokemon that were around during Gen. II; anything with a national dex number over 251 is unable to take advantage of this service.
Not necessary, sorry.

This one's a stretch, and I don't have the big fancy descriptions and stuff set up, but what abotu a facility that changes a Pokemon's Ability? Certain Abilities (Mummy, Wonder Guard, Solid Rock, TeraVolt, Turbo Blaze, Forecast, Color Change, Air Lock, Drizzle, Drought, Slow Start, Multitype, Imposter, Zen Mode, Illusion, Snow Warning, Sand Stream, Justified, probably some others) would be unavailable, but for instance, a Swift Swim Marill, a Compoundeyes Kricketune, other things within reason--not dependent on the Pokemon's type, necessarily, but on their build, or their design traits. For instance, Thick Fat might be available on a Snorlax, but not on a Treecko, while a Dratini might receive Swift Swim, but a Charmander wouldn't.

Prices would be split up based on the effects of the ability, into general categories such as Speed/other stat boosting (Swift Swim, Unburden), a separate one for Power (Attack or Special Attack) Boosting (Sheer Force, Sniper), Status-healing (Natural Cure, Hydration), Leftovers-like (Rain Dish, Ice Body), Attack-negating (Levitate), Ability/Type-negating (Scrappy, Mold Breaker), and Type-negating Plus (Sap Sipper, Lightningrod, Storm Drain). This would count as a Body Mod.

This is the list I had made for it:

Part: Horn
Basic: Horn Attack, Fury Attack, Peck
Deluxe: Megahorn, Poison Jab, Horn Drill

Part: Tail
Basic: Tail Whip, Poison Tail, Slam
Deluxe: Tail Slap, Aqua Tail, Dragon Tail

Part: Leaves
Basic: Razor Leaf, Growth, Magical Leaf
Deluxe: Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, Synthesis

Part: Beak
Basic: Peck, Pluck
Deluxe: Drill Peck

Part: Wings
Basic: Wing Attack, Steel Wing, Gust, Twister
Deluxe: Fly, Brave Bird, Whirlwind, Featherdance

Part: Jaw
Basic: Bite, Bug Bite
Deluxe: Crunch, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Ice Fang

Part: Claws
Basic: Scratch, Cut, Metal Claw, Fury Swipes, Crush Claw
Deluxe: Night Slash, Aerial Ace, Hone Claws, Shadow Claw, X-Scissor

Part: Butterfly Wings
Basic: Silver Wind, Gust
Deluxe: Bug Buzz, Air Slash, Quiver Dance

Part: Spade Claws
Basic: Dig, Metal Claw
Deluxe: Drill Run, Bulldoze

Part: Legs
Basic: Low Sweep, Double Kick, Low Kick, Jump Kick
Deluxe: Blaze Kick, Mega Kick, Triple Kick, Hi Jump Kick

Part: Arms
Basic: Thief, Covet, Comet Punch, Dizzy Punch, Vital Throw
Deluxe: Mega Punch, Thunderpunch, Ice Punch, Shadow Punch, Fire Punch

The Deluxe package would cost a lot more than the Basic package, but it would have access to all of the Basic package's attacks as well.

The only way I can think of balancing this out would be to make it really expensive. But I'm expecting to get it shot down anyhow, so...
As I said to ultraviolet above, I'm really not wild about altering abilities without a very clear set of guidelines about what pokémon can and can't learn specific ones. There are also many abilities that I wouldn't want distributed at all (wonder guard comes to mind) because of how powerful they are.

Your Splicing Laboratory also looks a bit similar to ultraviolet's existing business, although the effects of the splices are different. If you changed the flavor a bit, it would probably be all right.

Has there ever been a business involving happiness points? I know you can't buy rare candies outright, but is there a way to transfer happiness? If not, would it be acceptable to make a business involving that?

This business does happiness (and EXP) gain. As for transferring happiness, there aren't any, and I don't think I would be likely to approve one.

Negrek said:
You mention that there are some restrictions on what pokémon can get what abilities, but what are they exactly? I'm not really thrilled with arbitrary ability changes, since there are plenty of bad combinations out there that could happen, and these modifications have no downside (besides any inherent in the ability itself).
I'm... not really sure why I didn't think to figure in drawbacks, actually. o.o I'll go back on that stuff and actually write them properly. xD
are the new prices/rewrites okay? I notice you didn't post new overheads so I wasn't sure.

Sorry, forgot you were altering all the prices.

Small Wings: $3
Medium Wings: $6
Large Wings: $7
Gills: $4
Webbed Feet: $2
Levitation Course: $6

Well-traveled as they are, none of our residents (to our knowledge) have ever seen a legendary Pokémon and as such don't know anything about the special moves they might know. Moves that are exclusive to legendary Pokémon or otherwise exceptionally rare (Aeroblast, Blue Flare, Bolt Strike, Crush Grip, Dark Void, Doom Desire, Freeze Shock, Fusion Bolt, Fusion Flare, Glaciate, Heart Swap, Ice Burn, Judgment, Lunar Dance, Luster Purge, Magma Storm, Mist Ball, Psycho Boost, Psystrike, Relic Song, Roar of Time, Sacred Fire, Sacred Sword, Searing Shot, Secret Sword, Seed Flare, Shadow Force, Spacial Rend, Techno Buster, V-create) cannot be taught. None of them have mastered the ability to teach Sketch, Transform, Conversion or Conversion2, either.

Prices:

Directly damaging attacks (Scratch, Giga Impact, Fire Punch): To determine the price of your move, take its base power and divide it by ten (round down if it ends in 5 or lower and up if it ends in 6 or higher). So, for example, Earthquake would cost $10.
Special cases:
-Venoshock is considered to have a base power of 130.
-Acrobatics is considered to have a base power of 110.
-Hex is considered to have a base power of 100.
-Frost Breath and Storm Throw are considered to have a base power of 80.

Offensive moves with no fixed base power or variable total damage:
-Magnitude, Present, Psywave: $7
-Arm Thrust, Barrage, Comet Punch, Doubleslap, Fury Attack, Fury Swipes, Pin Missile, Twineedle: $4
-Triple Kick: $5
-Bone Rush, Bullet Seed, Double Hit, Double Kick, Icicle Spear, Rock Blast, Spike Cannon, Tail Slap: $6
-Dual Chop: $8
-Bonemerang, Gear Grind: $10
-Electro Ball, Fling, Frustration, Grass Knot, Gyro Ball, Heat Crash, Heavy Slam, Low Kick, Night Shade, Natural Gift, Punishment, Return, Seismic Toss: $8
-Bide, Endeavor, Flail, Pain Split, Reversal, Spit Up, Stored Power, Trump Card, Wring Out: $10
-Super Fang: $15
-Final Gambit: $20

Mimicry Moves (Copycat, Assist, Mirror Move, Metronome, Me First, Mimic, Nature Power and Sleep Talk): $8

Weather Moves, Gravity, Magic Room, Tailwind, Trick Room and Wonder Room: $10

Stat-Altering Moves:
-Moves that change a stat by absolute value of 1 (Tail Whip, Howl, etc.): $5
-Moves that change stats by an absolute value of 2 (Screech, Cosmic Power, etc.): $8
-Moves that change stats by an absolute value of 3 (Cotton Guard, Quiver Dance, etc.): $11
-Shell Smash and Belly Drum: $15

Direct Status-Inflicting Moves (Poisonpowder, Thunder Wave, etc.), Flatter and Swagger: $8

Direct Healing Moves (Recover, Synthesis, Heal Pulse, etc.): $10

Magic Coat: $15

---

Redundant Move Exchange Policy

If your pokémon learns a move from one of our belligerent elderly people but then wakes up one morning with the sudden realization "My god, I just realized that I totally already know how to do that!"—this sensation is sometimes known to occur after they release some of those newfangled "new video games" and they "update older pokémon's movepools"—and you'd rather it didn't have two copies of the same move, you can come back here and we'll have someone teach another that the pokémon actually doesn't know yet. Simply bring the pokémon with the redundant move back here, have it speak to the move deleter, and then you're welcome to choose another move of equal or lesser value (to teach to the same pokémon or to a different one) for free. You can also choose a more expensive move and simply pay the difference between the old move and the new one.

Price: Free if exchanging a move for one of equal or lesser value. If trading in for a more expensive move, costs [price of new move] - [price of old move].

---

Summary of Prices/Overheads:

BP10: 1/0
BP20: 2/0
BP30: 3/1
BP40: 4/2
BP50: 5/2
BP60: 6/3
BP70: 7/3
BP80: 8/4
BP90: 9/4
BP100: 10/5
BP110: 11/5
BP120: 12/6
BP130: 13/7
BP140: 14/9
BP150: 15/9
BP200: 20/14
BP250: 25/18
Counter, Mirror Coat, Metal Burst: 15/9
Offensive moves w/no fixed power: 7/3, 4/2, 5/2, 6/3, 8/4, 10/5, 15/9, 20/14
Mimicry moves: 8/4
Weather moves, Gravity, Magic Room, Tailwind, Trick Room, Wonder Room: 10/5
Stat-altering moves: 5/2, 8/4, 11/5, 15/9
Status-inflicting moves: 8/4
Direct healing moves: 10/5
Magic Coat: 15/9
Redundant move exchange: difference in price/2 for every 5 in price difference
Everything else: 8/4

---

Is good?

Altoram Dept. Store II

Just outside the busy streets of ASB Central (and its regional border) lies a building the likes of which cannot be found anywhere outside a League-controlled region. Inside its doors you will find shelves upon shelves of... absolutely nothing. The rows are never stocked. However, customers never come for what's on the shelves, they come for what's behind the padlocked, sliding (bulletproof) glass cases: discontinued TMs.

You see, every time the Pokémon League decides that a certain TM has been around long enough, Pokémarts everywhere just ship them to storage houses in Orre or similar places. Altoram Dept. Store does not.

You see, since it's outside any League-controlled region, the Altoram Dept. Store cannot suffer any of the repercussions of selling discontinued TMs. The TMs are still quite old, however, and so they wouldn't function quite the same as one of the more recent TMs. For example, a Pokémon who is taught more than one TM move bought here can suffer from severe health problems, so using multiple TMs on one Pokémon is against store policy.

Also, using a TM on a Pokémon who was discovered in, or has relatives that were discovered in the generation the TM was used in is rather pointless, as it is clearly not going to be able to use it. The same goes for a Pokémon that exists in a generation that has the move as a tutor. Additionally, a Pokémon wouldn't be able to even use one of these TMs if it does not have the necessary organs to use them (ThunderPunch Torterra) or the idea of the Pokémon would be simply batshit insane (BubbleBeam Torkoal).

The store got a few upgrades after his previous owner left Asber for a spiritual enhancement trip and never came back, as well as the arrival of a fifth generation that brought several new old TMs to the shelves – all of them are sorted by Generation and TM number for your inconvenience.

Gen I

TM01 – Mega Punch (7$)
TM02 – Razor Wind (8$)
TM04 – Whirlwind (8$)
TM05 – Mega Kick (10$)
TM07 – Horn Drill (20$)
TM08 – Body Slam (8$)
TM09 – Take Down (7$)
TM10 – Double Edge (10$)
TM11 – Bubblebeam (6$)
TM12 – Water Gun (4$)
TM16 – Pay Day (6$)
TM17 – Submission (6$)
TM19 – Seismic Toss (6$)
TM20 – Rage (3$)
TM21 – Mega Drain (5$)
TM23 – Dragon Rage (4$)
TM27 – Fissure (20$)
TM30 – Teleport (8$)
TM31 – Mimic (8$)
TM34 – Bide (8$)
TM35 – Metronome (8$)
TM36 – Selfdestruct (10$)
TM37 – Egg Bomb (8$)
TM39 – Swift (6$)
TM40 – Skull Bash (10$)
TM41 – Softboiled (10$)
TM43 – Sky Attack (14$)
TM46 – Psywave (7$)
TM49 – Tri-Attack (9$)

Gen II

TM01 – Dynamicpunch (10$)
TM02 – Headbutt (7$)
TM03 – Curse (4$)
TM04 – Rollout (5$)
TM07 – Zap Cannon (10$)
TM12 – Sweet Scent (4$)
TM13 – Snore (4$)
TM16 – Icy Wind (6$)
TM19 – Giga Drain (9$)
TM23 – Iron Tail (8$)
TM24 – Dragonbreath (7$)
TM31 – Mud-Slap (4$)
TM33 – Ice Punch (7$)
TM35 – Sleep Talk (8$)
TM40 – Harden (4$)
TM41 – Thunderpunch (7$)
TM43 – Detect (6$)
TM47 – Steel Wing (7$)
TM48 – Fire Punch (7$)
TM49 – Fury Cutter (3$)
TM50 – Nightmare (8$)

Gen III & IV

TM01 – Focus Punch (10$)
TM03 – Water Pulse (6$)
TM09 – Bullet Seed (7$)
TM34 – Shockwave (6$)
TM43 – Secret Power (7$)
TM48 – Skill Swap (8$)
TM49 – Snatch (8$)
TM51 – Roost (8$)
TM55 – Brine (8$)
TM58 – Endure (4$)
TM59 – Dragon Pulse (9$)
TM60 – Drain Punch (9$)
TM62 – Silver Wind (7$)
TM67 – Recycle (8$)
TM72 – Avalanche (8$)
TM76 – Stealth Rock (8$)
TM78 – Captivate (6$)
TM79 – Dark Pulse (8$)
TM83 – Natural Gift (8$)

-----------------------------------

I wasn’t sure at all about the prices and everything, so I went either by Kratos Aurion’s scale or by general judgment, so I would really appreciate feedback. I was thinking about gving away some HGSS tutor moves also, but not all of them, like just a special selection on my own. Perhaps it could change each month, idk.

EDIT: I thought about it, and since only Gen V pokes would benefit from it and it would be useless trouble, screw the tutors unless people show great interest or something which shouldn't happen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom