• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Closed] [OOC] The Legendary Beast Pack

Re: The Legendary Beast Pack

Name(Not as easy as one might think): Xenon

Current Age: 16

Species: Gallade

Battle Record: 38/1/3

Body Mods: Xenon has abnormal coloration: His blades, body, and head are a light purple instead of green, and his legs and crests are white. His coloration somewhat resembles a Palkia. His eyes are a deep blue. His blades are extremely sharp.

Ability Mods: three:

Energy Form: Xenon can concentrate his psychic powers so much so that he becomes pure energy. He cannot attack, as his spirit-like form would pass straight through anything, but he can move faster, and he cannot be hit by any type of attack. He needs to rest as soon as he returns to his original state.

Spatial Rend: Xenon's blades have been shapened so much through expirementation, breeding and training that they can cut through the fabric of space itself. When Renatus uses this attack, He slices through space, effectively allowing him to transport himself from one place to another instantly. He can also use this attack to physically attack an enemy from a distance, and from behind. However, he has only recently discovered this ability, and it activates itself erratically, and only when he uses Psycho Cut.

Also, He is limited to only being able to use Physical Attacks that include his blades. This would include attacks that use blades , such as the various
slashes, the various punching attacks, and Brick Break.

Personality: Xenon is what one might call a loose cannon, as he has trouble controlling his temper. He is generally very outspoken, and tends to have a very serious demeanor. But, if he needs to relieve stress, he enjoys having a laugh now and then. Xenon will not stand for any abuse against him or someone he likes, and will be very quick to reinforce that fact with his blades. He is resentful to his owners, and would delight in killing them.

Bio: Xenon was the product of months of breeding, followed by nearly two years of expirementation, and nearly three years of training. In other words: His life was a living hell. He hated his owners, and how he was forced from birth to fight. When he first evolved, he discovered a power hidden in his ancestral bloodline: Spatial Rend. he was distantly related to Palkia in some way, and shared his coloration and signiture move, though powered down. He never knew it, though, until his first loss:

He was fighting a Kabutops, who continuously kept pounding him with rocks. He aimed his blade at one, surprised to see it slice through the air, tearing a purple-black hole in it, and stabbing the Kabutops from behind. In his shock, he didn't notice the Kabutops charge and attack with an Aqua Jet, knocking him to the ground and making him black out.

Xenon also knew he had to escape, though he had no idea how. He was motivated by the escape of the legendary beasts, and joined the Legendary Beast Pack.

Relationships: Certainly open to any, but you would have to ask first (I'd like to be in one, but if nobody wants to, I'm fine with that.).

Other: To all those who said Spatial Rend would suck on a Gallade , although you were right, : in your face. Also, this is the longest RP form I think I've ever made. Hope this is descriptive enough, because if it isn't, I think I might cry.

I'll take a rivalry/grudging friendship to hoss, as I have nothing else going on in the link-to-other-charachters department.

8D YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!

*Ahem* I would like to formally ask permission to join this RP, kind sir.

Name: Xhan Northcut

Current Age: 2

Species: Riolu

Battle Record: 2/0/0

Body Mods: He's very attatched to the black scarf he wears, and had blue eyes like Halan(cough).
Ability Mods: (Keep in mind, this is much later on, and even so it's rare) When under extreme pressure, be it mental or physical, Xhan's fur turns pure white, save the black parts, and his eyes turn emerald green, as well as his combat skills increasing, including his strength, speed, and agility. The increase is exponential, and caused by the Guardian to his soul. (You want an explanation? Well, look lower down.)

Personality: Generally... He's a pest. A very annoying, butt-numbingly stupid pest. He has a personal goal to irritate everyone at some point. Really, though it's not personal, and he doesn't mean it. Eventually, he'll start only trying to lighten the mood. He's not so bad if you can go with it for a bit. In short, as time passes, he'll become more mature, though he'll never louse his stupid smile and laugh, or his sense of humor. He'll only learn when it's okay to apply it.

Bio: Xhan's master never figured him for much of a fighter, and as such, he's only had two very low-key, very easy matches, even for him. He only suffered a scar via a bite on the ankle, a scar that's only visible through very close observation.

Over the short time Xhan was in captivity, he became close friends with a small Eevee his same age. The scarf was given to him by this friend. He was traumatized when the Eevee was completely torn to shreds in a match, and in his grief, fled. He survived for a short time on whatever he could, though his fighting abilities remained mediocre at best.

Relationships:
Friends with Smile, apparently.
Student to Halan.
Anyone else want something to do with him?

Other: Here's this epic picture of him as a riolu, lucario, and his guardian.

Some info on Guardians (very lengthy, by the way):

As it turns out, every living creature has a Guardian to their soul. (Points to Moony-Panther's form) Very few families carry guardians which actually have a senseable presence. In most cases, a guardian can do little more than provide a simple adrenaline rush, though in some cases, they offer extraordianary power, either by manifesting themselves in an avatar in the real world, or supplying their host with more power. They can sometimes even change their host's appearence in the latter method, though it is not permanent.

A Guardian exists and lives for one simple purpose-to protect the soul of their host. They inhabit domains found deep within the inner workings of their host, anything from a cave to a gold and marble hallway. They only protect their host through a will to live, for while the soul will continue to live in the next life, the Guardian will simply cease to exist. And so, whether there is an intruder attempting to take the soul of their host, or if their host is attempting to gain control over their soul, the Guardian will do anything and everything it can to stop them. And while one may die in the Guardian's domain, they will continue to live in the outside world, as if it never happened, though they may never access their Guardian or their powers again.

There are a rare few who can best their Guardian in a battle of the Guardian's choosing. Whether it be a game of wit or a fight to the death, by emerging victorious, you effectively 'tame' your guardian, and can call on any powers they provide when you wish, rather than when they deem the situation desperate.

Guardians can change their form, but their options are not limitless. Generally speaking, a Guardian can take two to three forms. That of a mystical being, such as a hybrid between a dragon and a man, or that of a single species, such as a human with features relating to their true form. A guardian's true form is its most powerful, and is the only way a Guardian can manifest itself. True forms can vary from small dust mites to mighty creatures of various kinds. However, weaker guardians can take on none of these forms- in fact, weak guardians can only be noted as a chemical in the body, which creates adrenaline.

Guardians can also enter eachother's realms, though to do so is to leave the soul vulnerable. Most of the time, they only interact while battling, which is itself reserved for when there is a very deep hatred between the hosts, though on occasion there are corrupt guardians who must be dealt with accordingly.

However, these guardians are rarely killed. Others hope to simply rehabilitate them. They are, quite simply, insane, or they have been tamed and abused by their host, in which case, they are little more than mindless beasts.

As I said, most guardians are not strong, though there are some that possess strangley powerful ones. The weaker they are, the less they are able to manifest themselves. Strong guardians can reach their true form, while semi-weak ones can become little more than rodents. As an added note, strong guardians need time to 'awaken.' A weak guardian will become active as soon as their host is born, but a strong guardian needs a few years to reach its full potential. For a reason unknown, they seem to need less time in females than in males. Hopefully, this will let people know what the hell other people are talking about when they're on the subject of guardians. Hallelujah, amen, tell me if I should take this off, 'kay?

Last edited:

I'm just going to throw down a very quick reservation... I'm going to be playing, as it happens, Halan's daughter. :3c I'll try to get on this soon..

...This isn't too full, is it? If not, then...

Name: Pali

Current Age: 14

Species: Erufuun

Battle Record: 1/2/0

Body Mods: Can't think of any at the moment, so nope.

Ability Mods: Pali can make a "cord" that links her directly to the earth, drawing from its power. This amplifies her attacks as well as gives her a slow drip of constant health, but limits her range of movement.

Personality: Pali is a little...slow. She's not quite stupid, but her drawling speech, random sayings, and almost obliviousness to things around her could lead one to believe she is. She's very easygoing, relaxed, and tries to make the best of everything, though she's genuinely horrified of having to go back underground. She's friendly to most everyone, even if they find her a bit weird.

Bio: Born to parents who had themselves escaped the underground chambers, Pali managed to live a normal life for a while. She was even captured by a trainer, who proceeded to train her in a kind, loving manner. However, eventually Pali and the rest of her family were tracked down and dragged back underground.

Despite her special ability that gave her an edge over her competitors, Pali often proved meek and unwilling to go along with the battles. This lead to her being heavily abused and she tries very hard to bury these psychological scars.

Relationships: None, as of yet.

Other: I hope this is sufficient.

EDIT: Crow and the bird Guardians

The bird Guardians is a special blood-line of Lucarios, originated in the deserts of Sinnoh since anyone could remember. These Lucarios have "guardians beasts" that live in their souls and minds that aid them in battle and other aspects of life. No one knows how this family of Lucarios were blessed with this power, but a myth passed down from generation to generation of a aura beast that granted two Lucario families with special powers. One was given the Guardians, another was given a special aura stronger than that of ordinary Lucario, then they were separated with one living in the deserts and the other in the snow covered mountains of Mt. Cornet. It is said that if these two bloodlines cross, the Aura beast will be reborn into the pokemon world. No one is sure what would happen, and no one has really asked.

Halan is the first and eldest son of Iris and Shotoshu, each a member from the two bloodlines. He was born with a heightened power of aura, promising to be a great power later on in his life. But he was never taught how to harness it by his father when he was taken from the daycare, thus his full potential will slowly emerge as he goes forward in his life. The bird guardian in his soul however has been with him since birth, sleeping and waiting for the time Halan would need him. During this time, the bird guardian grew more powerful in his soul by devouring the repressed emotions Halan held back, causing him to go slightly insane and a complete "troll" to Halan later in life.

....Crow will appear later on along the way by talking to Halan. So, how does this all sound to you, hun. I may add to it later after talking to the other one that helped come up with this.
Accepted.

Re: [OOC/Signup] The Legendary Beast Pack

Hey I added a bit to my bio (i'll post it below) because Dwagie wanted her character to start off with mine. is cool?

What I added:

But on his way to find the pack, he stumbled across the body of a Kangaskhan in a pool of blood. Investigating the body, he soon uncovered that, instead of the normal Kanga-baby in her pouch, there was a small Riolu. He took pity on the young one, and started to carry her with him in his hunt for the group.

Right! lesse what we can do.

Name: Amaturasu Storm

Current Age: 6 Months

Species: Riolu

Battle Record: N/A

Body Mods: Heterochromia - Right eye purple, left eye green; completely blind. Left arm missing, right not used proficiently.
Ability Mods: Undiscovered. Her family linage gives her the potential for massive aura power, but she has not tapped into it yet. It may also be increased/decreased/unstable due to tampering. She also may hold a 'Guardian' found within the Storm line.

Personality: PO, as always. But if you need a summary, she's... damaged. Don't expect her to be particularly open right away.

Bio: Amaturasu is not the typical pit-fighter, even if she was meant to be. Her mother was abducted while she was still in early-stage pregnancy, making her an excellent candidate for.. human tampering. In an attempt to create a more powerful fighter through the inhumane (even by their standards) altering of genetic structure whilst a Pokémon was still in the womb, she was subjected to the labs deep within the underground complex.
For any given reason, however, she was a failure; as least in human views. Her ocular nerves degraded from the attempted alterations, and her left arm's formation was completely stunted - she was born completely blind, with an arm that had to be amputated. Her mother did not survive the birth, and Ammy was locked away as a veritable lab rat; used only to survey the mistakes made in the process in the attempt to perfect such projects. The only reason she had a name was to codename the experiment line she founded.
However, after almost half a year prodded in the lab - there was a breakout, as there often was, and normally Ammy would have been unknowingly left behind. However, if only by stroke of dumb luck, a pack of escapees came through the lab, intents to destroy it. One of this small pack was a Kangaskhan - one who had lost their baby. Amaturasu was such a young, helpless subject, that her motherly instincts kicked in - she picked up the pup and stowed her in her nursing pouch as she would her own young, and fled with her.
Unfortunately, she did not make it far.. Shot dead, the corpse of the Kangaskhan was only found later by none other than the so-called 'Golden Terror', whose keen nose spotted her faint scent from the unfortunate remains. Even as such a killer, the cat had a weakness for kids, and opted to take her along with him, weak as she was by now, in the final retreat...

Relationships:
Halan Storm: Father
(Unknown to her) (Deceased): Mother

Other: She may or may not speak in disjointed Russian so that only Halan can understand her. (Also so I can practice. :3c Moony will be informed of what I say of course.)

Name: Nevra

Current Age: 6

Species: Banette

Battle Record: 7/2/5

Body Mods: Nevra is very torn and ragged. She has many rips, a couple with stuffing coming out, the most prominent being over her left eye, in between the two spike-things on her head. She is missing her tail entirely, with only a small patch job remaining.

Ability Mods: Due to being fathered by a Spiritomb, Nevra can possess decently large rocks for brief amounts of time. She also cannot talk, but on the reverse side, she is almost immune to sound-based attacks (or any other kind of sound, really).

Personality: No one knows all that much about Nevra's personality due to her disability. She appears to be very curious, and, despite not being able to ask questions, manages to seem inquisitive. She tends to be very skittish and timid, and bolts at the sight of something unfamiliar or hostile. She is almost childish in the fact that she often hugs anyone nearby who seems upset or unhappy.

Bio: Again, no one knows very much about Nevra's past. She was apparently fathered by a Spiritomb with a Banette mother, neither of them quite perfect. She was sold almost immediately to a small-time pit fighter, and thrown into a few fights. It's unclear exactly how she managed to escape and find the Legendary Beast Pack.

Relationships: None, but it would be very convenient if someone could read her mind or something, so that she could communicate.

Other: As I said before, Nevra is mute, and cannnot talk. There is no damage to her mouth or vocal chords, and it is evident that she just never learned how to talk. When I said she was immune to sound, I didn't mean that she's deaf, I just meant that sound doesn't really bother her.

Back
Top Bottom