• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Closed] [OOC] The Legendary Beast Pack

Re: [OOC/Signup] The Legendary Beast Pack

Name: Smile ((No, really.))

Current Age: 12

Species: Togetic

Battle Record: 25/36/5

Body Mods: Smile has... a bit too much 'joy dust', the feather-down magic stuff that makes people happy. It gives her a sparkling glow, and if she makes physical contact with or is close to someone, the down usually rubs off, lifting their mood. It's almost always emanating from her, making her almost too happy, but it prevents her from breaking down and crying from all the horrible things that happen to pokemon underground, so it's all good. Kind of. It has even reduced her pain from attacks, as the happiness dulls the agony of wounds. It does not, however, reduce the damage taken. A fireblast is still a fireblast, but it will feel more like a flamethrower, or in the best case, ember.

Ability Mods: Smile has relied on metronome for almost all her attacks due to her general weakness and lack of physical strength, also her happiness-induced naivety and unwillingness to harm people. Over time, she has learned to control metronome slightly, infuencing the outcome. She can try to determine what the general aspect is, giving her the luck to win matches. For example, she might be able to tip the odds in her favor when facing a water type by influencing the odds to be in an electric moves favor, but that does not mean she will use Thunder. She may use thundershock, discharge, thunder wave, or even magnet rise, though there is still a fair chance of something else random.

Personality: Due to her excess of joy dust, Smile is almost always optimistic, trying to assume the best of people. It has messed with her perception, turning insults into compliments and making horrible and depressing moments to other people not be so bad. She'll never get angry enough to do anything drastic, but she will engage in lighthearted teasing, yet never harshly.

Bio: Smile didn't fight until she evolved, except for three pitiful battles. Her friend, a miltank, told her to rely on metronome, because she knew little powerful moves. Eventually got great at metronome. She still had time for horrible luck, though. One day, when she was feeling sad, irritated and lonely (surprisingly, the joy dust didn't cure it), her trainer ordered her to practice metronome. She was thinking about home, aboveground, and on her third attempt to get a psychic type move (she was having trouble with fighting types), she had, for once, used teleport. She endedd up aboveground, and that is how she escaped.

Relationships: She'll be friends with anyone! But romance is icky. She'll support you though, single or having a partner.

And she is friends with Xhan.

Other:

Last edited:

Is it alright if (due to...you know...the wings) I can alter Flyte's typing to normal/flying and make him be able to use certain flying type moves i.e. gust, featherdance, wing attack, stuff like that? Obviously no Fly or Aerial Ace yet, seeing as he hasn't learned how to fly yet ^.^

Oh, and I'd be open to Flyte being buddies with Hoss. He needs some friends lolz.

Um, just a message to Exo-Raikou: I think you either misunderstood or skipped over my post. Nevra's "investigating" of you (and Xenon) was supposed to be something along the lines of "get really close to you and examine you like a doctor" (except for the medical purpose and frightening tools).

You're right. You'll have to excuse that; it's very late where I am, and I've had a very long day. I'll fix that now.

It isn't too late to join, is it...?

Name: Dominic Duodecimus
Current Age: 21

Species: Raichu

Battle Record: W: 47/L: 16/D: 4

Body Mods: He is the size of an average Raichu, as they were many years ago. As a lab rat, his appearance is well kept compared to those who lived their lives in the pits - he is simply a bit thin for a Raichu. While his body is soft, his steel typing gives his fur a certain metallic sheen, especially when he glows in the dark (an ability that he can control). He wears a used thunderstone (broken into shards) around his neck as a talisman necklace. He also wears the remains of his chain, in the form of the metal bracelet tied to his left ankle.

Ability Mods: He's been specially bred from modified Pikachus, and altered himself in some ways. One alteration is in his typing; he is actually an Electric/Steel type, making him immune to poison and extremely weak to ground type attacks. It also opens unusual abilities to him such as one of his favourite skills, the ability to electrolevitate. His stats are superb and he has battled often enough to know how to battle. While most Raichu's lose the ability to learn new attacks, Dominic hasn't lost his.

Personality: PO very much. But he's spent a large portion of his life trapped within a boring cage, the only variety being when he was tested on or thrown into the pit, making him very inquisitive about the world - although he is not naive, I should stress. He is very conscious of the ability to make his own decisions now that he is free.

Bio: A pure bred chu, going back twelve generations to when the pokemon were first imprisoned. It was often remembered that a boy had managed to halt Team Rocket (even if it was temporally) using a Pikachu, so some potential was seen in the species.

Over many years alterations were made, induced by chemicals over the course of one's life, genetic modifications and splicing from within the womb - some successful, some not. Those that weren't successful were tossed to the pits as babes or the moment the experiment was evaluated and the mistakes noted. Those that were successful were subjected to further experiments and breeding attempts. Dominic was one of the successful births.

He was pampered initially, with massages and treats. Then, when he evolved into a Pikachu, he was separated from his mother and the experiments began. To test how much electricity he could store, his ability to use that electricity, what other skills he had... it was a long, often painful process. He would be thrown into the pits at times, in order to study his battle ability. While he would be patched up, even his recovery times were recorded and studied and compared to the data of his ancestors.

It was a lonely existence, only ever able to hear the cries of other Pokemon in the lab and crying with them, chained in a cage. But when he was 21, something exciting happened. The cries changed to enraged roars. Something had made the one of the other pokemon snap - a Gardevoir - and she spread her feelings of hate, loneliness, fear and pain into the other's minds, including Dominic. Under her guidance (and her influence over their emotional state) a breakout was staged and the pokemon fled as a pack into the dawn.

The impromptu gang quickly split apart in their escape although Dominic remained with the Gardevoir, Cassandra, at first. She lead him to what appeared to be a mineshaft, leading to a cave full of evolution stones. She advised him to make his life his own and to make his own choices, rather than let others (such as the scientists who raised him) decide for him. Dominic made the first decision in his life right then and there - he took ahold of a thunderstone and evolved into a Raichu.

Cassandra smiled and infused the used thunderstone with some psychic energy, allowing Dominic to contact her and vice versa. She advised him to take care, as she had other business to attend to but promised that someday, the pokemon would all be free. With a small embrace she teleported away, leaving him with the now precious remains of his thunderstone.

Relationships: Greatly admires Cassandra, as she lead to his freedom. Open to any other kind of relationship.

Other: Being part metal, he'll sometimes chew on iron and other metallic items. He doesn't really need it for nourishment - it's more like gum, or a treat of some sort.

It's not too late to sign up, is it? I want to try my hand at a roleplay.

Name: Astrid

Current Age: 16

Species: Electrike

Battle Record: 1/49/10

Body Mods: She has a heart marking below her left eye, and a scar over her back.

Ability Mods: N/A

Personality: She is generally good – natured, but holds a deep grudge against Team Rocket, and is willing to beat them at the cost of her life. Around other Pokemon, she is very shy and introverted, and quite unwilling to make friends. She also wouldn’t dare fight another Pokemon unprovoked, and is very unhappy about her battling skills – or should I say lack thereof.

Bio: Her first impression of the world was darkness. Being born in a cave, that was to be expected. But Astrid didn’t know of the world beyond the darkness that her early life was shrouded in until recently, and she still cringes when the first light of the morning touches her still untrained eyes.

She was born in a secluded cavern far away from the battling pits, along with her twin sister, Lanie. The spot was chosen in a vain effort to conceal the pups from Team Rocket. But a week after their birth, they were discovered, and were brought to the pits one week later.

Lanie was her only friend during those terrible times, and the two were always seen together. Team Rocket had a hard time telling them apart, for the only difference between the two were the markings under their eyes – Astrid’s was a heart, and Lanie’s was a star. They were under trained and extremely young to be forced to battle, and lost nearly time they fought, unless pitted against someone of their own skill level, when they stood a chance of a draw.

Even though it seemed they would never win a match, a light of hope gleamed in their eyes after the legendary beasts escaped. Raikou, the great Beast of Lightning, had escaped into a place without Team Rocket. Astrid hoped that maybe, they one day could follow their leader to the place with a thing called light.

Eventually, they were pitted against each other. Astrid had just battled a Nidorina, gaining her scar as a record of another loss, and was still very weak. Lanie saw who her opponent was to be and was horrified, being forced to battle her only friend. Astrid told her to kill her, knowing that it was her sister’s only chance of survival, as they were nearing fifty losses and Team Rocket was thinking about killing them by themselves, because their battles weren’t “entertaining” anymore. However, her sister refused, and simply tried to walk away from the match. Team Rocket caught Lanie, and before being taken away, she told Astrid to escape, and that that they might meet again, but only when Astrid was the knight under the Great Beast of Lightning, Raikou, and the Pokemon of the world were free from the clutches of Team Rocket. This battle was counted as a win for Astrid, as Lanie forfeited.

Making the rescue of her sister her mission, she decided to sneak back to the cave that she was born in, and, finding a weak spot in the wall, broke it open with Thunder. After she got out, the wall collapsed, ruining the only true home she had ever know, other than Team Rocket’s dreadful cages. Glancing back, the gleam of the Sun caught her eye, and she knew she was on her way to saving her sister.

Relationships: Her sister Lanie, open to others.

Name: Mah Gii Carrsonn Bell-Fredricks 'Magic' Simmaro

Current Age: 39

Species: Wargle if you count birds as mammal like, if not Machamp.

Battle Record: 118/13/4

Body Mods:

If Wargle, Wings have blades on them that are gold and seep pure Flying Energy. If Machamp, all of his wrist bear gauntlets that can extend blades that can be used as weapons.
Ability Mods:

Draconic Origins: Magic has been descended from legendary species of dragons, sych as Dragonite, and as such can wield several Dragon attacks and learns a few Fire ones.

Berserker: if a teamate, friend, family member, or even himself has been injured, Magic goes into an uncontollable state and releases several powerful attacks that cause Magic to nearly faint when the trance is over.

Personality: PO. Loves to bully weaker fighters and leaves a signature scar on the opponet of three equal length, vertical slashes, ||| ((cookie for reference))

Bio: Was a gym fighter and EXP farmer.

Relationships: Apply?

Last edited:

Finally edited in Sheila's... ability mod, I suppose. I meant to do that initially but I missed the bit on the form. I don't know why I missed it; it's an essential bit of the plot threads she's in and her character.

Right, I put a thing at the base of my form, and I've procrastinated having it accepted by you. Basically, it explains Xhan's ability mod, along with a few other people's. Hope it's alright, if not, I'll remove it.

Back
Top Bottom