• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Creeping Darkness

Coloursfall

THIS IS HOW WE BLEED
creeping-darkness-banner.png

I'll crush and grind all creatures great and small
And put up parking lots and shiny shopping malls
'Cause greedy human beings will always lend a hand
With the destruction of this worthless jungle land

“Papa, papa… I feel sick.” Squealed a tiny white-and-green hedgehog-like creature. She was trembling in a tiny bed of grass and flowers, under the glow of the full moon. The pink flower on her head was half-wilted and dry looking while her green grass-like fur was starting to brown. She looked very ill.

A tall figure cloaked in shadow stood nearby, only his vague outline and gleaming purple eyes visible. He appeared to be covered in a cloak, which rustled when he moved. The cloaked figure was soon at the weak Shaymin's side. He bent down and placed a hand at her chin and stroked the soft fur there, trying to soothe her.

"I know, my child. I will be here for you. All we can do now is wait for the Chosen Few to arrive." He said, his voice having a strangely penetrating quality to it, as if his voice was probing one's very mind. He stood up and turned those gleaming purple eyes on the pale disk of the moon.

"They will be here in less then a day's time. Stay strong, my child. The dark one will be dispelled if all goes as planned, and you will be well."

That was the dream you had, along with a small number of others. You do not know of it's precise meaning, but you have had an urging in the back of your mind ever since to depart into the jungles of Uchu to find the Shaymin and help her. You are just a beginning trainer, set to receive your first Pokemon today, but you feel you know what you must do.

---

Welcome to Uchu, the tropical paradise. These beautiful islands are home of a lush arrangement of Pokemon and plant life, almost untouched by the hands of the more advanced Regions. There is only one really large city with apartment buildings and malls and such - Polarus Town, on Terra Island, the place where beginning trainers start their Pokemon Journey. Here you will meet Professor Starr, the one who will grant you your first Pokemon.

But things are not well in the Uchu Region. An ancient monster has emerged for the place it was sealed. The beast is winding it's dark tendrils into the pristine landscape of Uchu ans spreading pollution and darkness. But it has only just begun and most do not know of it...

But you do.

The Dream you had the night before you were to start your journey told you of the beast. It is making the goddess of nature ill, and you must save her...

-------

Rules:
-The usual
-I eats chatspeak. Nomnom.
-Mary-Sues are not permitted
-Try to make your posts longer than one line.
-Use the enter key twice when making a new line if you've read this. Also whether you're joining or not, do this every time you ever make a post because walls of text are not fun
-You will only have one Pokemon to start with - your starter - but you can capture whatever you come across, luck permitting.
-If you don't want one of the regular starters here, you can choose a lottery number (one person per number) and your starter will be whatever the RNG decided to assign to that number.
-There will be Fakemon here, yo.
-The RNG will decide the gender of your starter.

Form:

[B]Name:[/B]
[B]Age:[/B]
[B]Gender:[/B]
[B]Appearance:[/B]
[B]Bio:[/B]
[B]Personality:[/B]
[B]Starter/Lottery Number:[/B]

Things:
The starters:
Fire - Starts with Scratch, Leer, and Ember
Water - Starts with Growl, Pound, and Water Gun
Grass - Starts with Growl, Wrap, and Absorb
Lottery Numbers:
1 - untaken

2 - Darksong
3 - moon-panther
4 - Dragon

Map of Uchu

Name: Silver Stone

Appearance: Silver is tall and willowy for a person of his age, with long, thin limbs and an angular face. He tends to wear a slightly annoyed expression on his face most of the time. His eyes are blue, and his hair is an iron grey colour and falls to about to his shoulders. He wears a black suit at all times, since he doesn’t know that he’ll have to be running around in the jungle. He carries a messenger bang for his things.

Bio: Born in Rustboro City in Hoenn, Silver's family was pretty rich, so he had a very good childhood. He was taught to respect and loves Pokemon, and grew up around his father's steel-types, so he has a close bond with them. He moved to Uchu with his mother and father when he was nine, and grew to love the lush tropical paradise. He did all the research he could about the native Pokemon from his best friend's family, so he is a veritable living Pokedex about them. He can't wait to receive his first Pokemon.

Personality: Silver hates to loose, and will get all sulky if he does. He is otherwise rather likable. He is forward and daring, and won't back down. He has a calm manner at most times, unless angered. He loves Pokemon, and dislikes people who harm them. He tends to get impatient very fast and will get naggy if someone is being too slow for his liking. He can be sarcastic.

Starter/Lottery Number: Bettaqua

Members:
-FMC / Form in first post
-moon-panther / Form
-shadow_lugia / Form
-Leviathan / Form
-Dragon / Form
-Cryptica / Form
-Darksong / Form
-Blastoise428 / Form

I will finish my form soon. Any questions?

Last edited:
Name: Mysti Endris

Appearance: Blonde, curly hair; wears the casual jeans and T-shirt. Is always wearing a necklace, except in the shower and sleeping.

Bio: Her parents were very strict; and Mysti followed every rule without question. After the dream, however, she broke a rule and ran away right after she got her starter.

Personality: Always obeys and is courteous.

Starter/Lottery Number: 568, or how many digits is it? If it's one digit, 5, if it's two, 56, and if it's three, 568.

Name: Vai Kisubo

Appearance: Vai stands at 5'4", and typically wears a pair of baggy, faded brown cargo pants and a black down vest over a plain yellow shirt. She carries a dark grey shoulder bag, and wears plain sandals which are impractical to walk through muddy areas or bogs with. Vai is Asian(or the equivalent in the Pokemon world), and has black hair, dark brown eyes. Her hair is a bit longer than shoulder length, and is kept back in a low ponytail. She has a pretty big collection of cuts and bruises, from getting into fist fights with kids older than her.

Bio: Vai comes from an mostly average family, with both parents, an year older brother, and two younger sisters. She got along a lot better with her brother than with her sisters, even though he was better than her in a lot of ways, and when he left with his Pokemon for Hoenn, she was pretty pissed. Vai later found out that he had beaten the Champions in all five regions, and had become a Pokemon Ranger and had all the Legendary Pokemon except two, that she had!!!11!! She decided that when if she saved enough money to go to Hoenn, she would find her brother and beat him at something for once.

Vai left her home about a week ago, to go to [insert town name here] to get her starter Pokemon. On her first night away from home, she got a weird dream about a Shaymin and decided instead to see if she could find and help her.

Personality: Vai is quick to act, and hates losing, or if anyone gets the better of her. She usually has a smirk on her face, and has a.. sadistic sense of humor. Vai doesn't act superior, or tries not to, and doesn't draw unnecessary attention to herself. She is sarcastic and doesn't seem to care about other people when confronted, but underneath all the crapness, she is pretty friendly to the people (and Pokemon) she already knows. She does want to travel, and someday want to know every corner of Uchu, and see every region.

Starter/Lottery Number: Wait wait everyone's taking fire birdy Pyratiel :< I'll take numbar four, then. 4. 4. 4. 44. 444. 4- *shot*

Inventory: ---

Last edited:
Mewtwo - I want a whole lot of information for this, like... a lot. At least a large paragraph or two per space that would need one... Not a Kusa-size post, but a good sized one. Also none of those numbers are correct - I suggest reading the entire first post.

Dragon - reserved, but keep in mind what I told Mewtwo. Lots of content.

I'm the first person to read this? o.O

Name: Kimori

Appearance: Kimori is very skinny, at a weight of only about 84 pounds. Her skin is pale, although it has a barely noticeable tan. Her hair is the same shade of brown as milk chocolate, and is somewhat straight towards the top, although it gets wavy around her ears and the ends of her hair, which are located just beneath her shoulder blades, curl. Her eyes are bright green.

Bio: Kimori was born in Hoenn originally. However, her parents got a divorce, and her mom moved to Uchu and remarried. She never really misses Hoenn much, because she can't remember it, but thinks it would be nice to travel there.

Nothing truely eventful has happened in her life otherwise. She hopes that this could be an oppurtunity to earn some fame.

Personality: Kimori is very gentle and patient. She has no problem with long periods of silence, and is usually quiet herself. However, she tends to argue a lot if she strongly opposes a decision, and won't let the arguement stop until she wins. She likes to make something humorous out of every situation, falling short of extremely serious ones. She doesn't like physically exerting herself, although she is fine with hiking around at her own pace. She prefers to read a book or do something that doesn't require a lot of sweat instead.

Starter/Lottery Number: Polipent (Aaaaaaah so cute <3)

Inventory: A dead fly named Jeffery

Man my bio sucks, but I can't think of anything D:

Last edited:
Name: Torei Skye.
Appearance: She has short dark blue-green hair and sky blue eyes. She is short and on the chubby side of things. She wears a tuque that looks like a munchlax eating her head, a light baggy shirt with the sleves that end just short of her finger tips, and a pair of fade blue jean shorts. She also carries a weathered leather messenger bag given to her by your grandma.

Her skin is very tanned, being a Uchu native and living on one of the smaller islands. Around her neck, she wears a necklace given to her by her grandfather, telling her that it once belonged to his mother and told Torie that it should bring her luck on her new adventure.

Bio: She was born and raised on a small island in Uchu, living with her mother and grandparents. She was taught how to fish from her grandpa, cook from her mother, and how to communicate with Pokemon from her grandma. Though Torei lived on a island were money was not much of a issue if you could fish and find food in the jungle, her family was never in danger of poverty due to her grandma's family business back in Kanto.

She lived a happy and peaceful life with Pokemon and nature up till the point where she had the oddest dream about Shaymin and the cloaked figure before her adventure begun. She told her grandma of her dream, resulting in the old woman giving her a wise old smile and telling her that it's a family thing to see such things before a major change in life. Torei does wonder why her grandmother is crazier than a spinda at times.

Personality: She is very enthusiastic, cheerful, and physical with her friends. She is one to punch her friend's shoulders when greeting them and pull them into a hug. Unfortunate for her friends, she's as strong as an ox and hits twice as hard when giving them a "friendly greeting".

She isn't aware that she may do a lot of damage with her strength, so it is suggested not to be on the receiving end when she's mad.

Other than that, she is pretty easy going and a little naive at times, but she is very knowledgeable about the world of Pokemon.

Starter/Lottery Number: 3

Hope it's alright that she can understand Pokemon speech.

Last edited:
s_l - You're in! And your starter is male.

moon-panther - You're in too! You will receive a female Enculi. She will start with Bite and Tail Whip.

^I remember Enculi from ASB :D

Just a quick question, what color is the Polipent line anyway? I imagine them as being some kind of turquoise (with green leaves of course) but I may be wrong...

They're a pale green colour with rich green leaves. C: I can run the RNG to see if yours is shiny though, if you like. Then he'd be the colour of autumn leaves.

Ooooh autumn leaves. Red and yellow and brown...

You don't actually have to if you don't want, but you can do it if you want.

Tempted though I am to try my hand at the "lottery", the design of the fire starter has left me brimming with inspiration (and two points go to the first person who figures out where it originates from).

Name: Ivan Lashei (La-SHAY)

Appearance: Ivan has a particularly extravagant air about him, if not because of his attitude then definitely due to his looks. All of his clothes - his nondescript t-shirt, jeans, and hiking shoes, as well as the backpack in which his supplies are crammed - are a mishmash of the colors red, yellow, and orange. Even his hair is a bright crimson, gelled back with two dyed streaks of gold separating it into three sections, and when he's really feeling classy he pulls out a pair of white-rimmed sunglasses. He is on the lean side, fairly thin but not particularly muscular, having spent a considerable time preparing himself for the physical trials of traveling the world. His staunch white face seems stern at first glance, the angles of his cheek bones and chin unusually pronounced and his brow furrowed quite a bit, but the twinkle in his hazel eyes betray his inner eagerness for adventure.

Bio: Truthfully, this Dream had not been Ivan's first experience with fantastic pokemon - he had an encounter of a rather similar nature before, when he was only a child. Though a native of Uchu, he and his parents had once traveled to distant Kanto, and, along the way, stopped at the first of the Sevii Islands ((putting One Island in there sounds really awkward imo)). That night, as young Ivan settled into the bed of his family's rented little shore shack, he was startled by a bright flash of light outside. Curiosity overpowering fright, he ventured out into the darkness, and suddenly the sandy beach was gone, replaced with a tropical jungle.

Through the trees there was a glowing light, and he followed it to come upon a clearing and a most bizarre sight: pokemon of all shapes, sizes, and types - even some not at all native to the islands or greater Kanto - dancing merrily around an enormous bonfire. But, upon looking more carefully, he noticed that the fire held a far more defined shape than one would normally, the flames actually flittering on the fringes of an inner and far brighter figure. It was unclear at first, due to the intense light, but the shape then began to stir, immense wings unfolding to just barely touch the surrounding trees and a roughly avian head extending out to the starless sky above. The bird flapped its mighty wings but once, and vanished into the night with a storm of cinders and ash. And then, because the sole source of light had disappeared, the world was plunged into darkness. Ivan opened his eyes and found himself back in his bed, morning well underway.

When he had became far more knowledgeable of pokemon, Ivan deduced that this had been a vision given to him by Moltres, the bird of fire he believed to have seen in his dream. Though he had absolutely no idea what it could have meant at the time, this developed into a deep fascination for the legendary pokemon, and he set his ultimate goal as an eventual trainer to one day find again and perhaps even capture Moltres. However lofty it may have been, he nevertheless entered Polarus town in a confident stride on the day of his debut in the field of pokemon, having long before selected the fiery Pyratiel - it was practically a baby Moltres, after all - to be his first companion.

Personality: Fire is way, way up there in Ivan's list of interests - not to the degree of pyromania and attempted arson, thankfully, but still very noticeable, and he is, as a direct result, perhaps, a very fiery kind of person. Ivan's passion for becoming a trainer has burned fiercely ever since he was young, like most youths in this world of pokemon, though he differed in his determination to set out on an exciting adventure - something like what the dream of Shaymin had offered - rather than battling other trainers. He is overly brave - though maybe a tad rash and naive - and confident enough in this bravery to at least try and accomplish the most daunting of tasks placed before him.

Starter/Lottery Number: Fire?

Sharing in shadow lugia's question, what are the colors of Pyratiel and its kin? (beyond red, naturally)

Accepted :D

And the Pyratiel line is ash grey for the main body, the head spots are yellow (and on the males, the whole head is yellow), the wingtips are white, and the cheek spots and the spots rimmed with smaller dots are orange. The fire is fire-coloured, of course.

And just because I should probably include them to, the Bettaqua line are a pale blue, and the spots and fins navy blue. C:

ETA: oh yeah and your starter is female. C:

EDIT: More detail!

Name:Simon Jones

Appearance:Black straight hair, rather tall for his age, fair skin, Round glasses, really big backpack, Muscular. Has a red shirt with blue stripes, torn jogging bottoms, and a black leather jacket. Hair is combed down and is medium length. He has light green eyes. He has a scar underneath one eye from when fell of his bike at the age of 6. His mom has a Glaceon which she caught in sinnoh. He is a single child.

Bio: Simon always stayed at home, reading lots of books on pokémon. He lives with his mom as his dad, a scientist, died in an accident while studying Ariados and Spinarak colonies while he was 2. His mom has a Glaceon which she caught in sinnoh. He is a single child. He is a single child.

The night the dream came,he was on the way to a university. After lots of debation with himself, he left, packing all his books in his backpack.

Personality: Simon likes to think things through before doing things, absolutely hates heights, swimming, bikes and Ariados. He gets very angry, very easily. He is very defensive over his friends and family when they are in danger. When he is puzzled, sad, relaxing or has free time he likes to read books.

Starter/Lottery Number:Polipent, the grass type.

Last edited:
Name: Ira Makienging
Appearance: Ira, to most others, has a rather odd hairstyle. His hair is long and white, but if anyone's looking for the texture, it's easy to see: straight and combed well. How long, you may ask? About down to his shoulders, give or take a bit.

His eyes are coal-black and round, giving Ira a rather innocent look. He has a slender build and is about 5'2" tall. He usually wears a dark gray shirt with a Dusknoir on it and faded blue jeans. His shoes are typical, with no ties but at the same time they don't slip off very easily.

Bio: Ira lived in the small town of Twinleaf. He had an average family and, whenever he was reading books, fifty percent of them had Ghost-type Pokemon in them. He'd always dreamed of becoming a Gym Leader who uses Ghost-types, but back then he didn't know who the Gym Leaders were. One night he recieved the dream, and was excited to go to Uchu because he thought the cloaked figure was a Ghost-type Pokemon or trained Pokemon of that type.

Personality: As you can probably tell from his bio, Ira likes the Ghost type. His favorite Pokemon are Froslass, Dusknoir, Mismagius, and oddly unfitting, Pelipper. Off that topic, he's friendly and tries not to take anything for granted. When meeting new people, he'll try to act polite but sometimes he gets nervous and nearly has to flee the scene. Ira doesn't space out much, but sometimes he bumps into things with one side of his body while walking.

When faceed with a challenge, Ira will try to think it over as quickly-but-thoroughly as possible before doing anything. If it's something like battling an enemy's Pokemon, he always examines the movements of the opponents and attempts to figure out their strategy and conjure his own. If it's an easy battle, he uses the weakest move possible that will faint the enemy in one hit, but if it's serious he uses strategy and fights to the faint instead of switching out repeatedly.

Starter/Lottery Number: FIRE BIRDY

Name: Tamara Fisher (I like that last name D:)

Appearance: Tamara is somewhat of an average height, standing at about four feet and ten inches tall, give or take a bit. It's hard to keep her long, black hair out of her face, so she often has to sweep her straight hair aside with a hand. It sometimes covers her bright, emerald green eyes, which always make her look excited with an eager glow of their own. Tamara usually wears a short-sleeved shirt, often blue or yellow, on warmer days; or, if it's cold, a plain black sweatshirt over that. Since she doesn't really know what snow is like since she lived in a warm climate, she's never really prepared for that cold weather. Normally, she wears either jeans, on warmer days, or dark blue sweats on colder days. But the thing that never changes with her is that she always wears white running shoes.

Bio: Tamara's hometown was Larch Town, a warm town in a region somewhat far south from the Uchu region. However, she traveled a lot, and it would have been easy for her to find the Uchu region with how often she liked to ride on a boat or an airplane. Tamara is thrilled by travel, and loves to see new places. However, she grew calm when she had the dream, and even worried. Determined to find out what it meant, she tried searching for the answer. Alone, she didn't find it, but she did come across the Uchu region, where she plans to start her Pokemon journey.

Personality: As stated above, Tamara loves to see new places. She is open-minded and likes to try new things, but has common sense, and if something seems dangerous, she is reluctant to do it. However, Tamara can be overly timid and may shy away from a few things, or strangers. But, normally, she is confident and believes in herself, which is what compelled her to start her Pokemon journey. It can take a while for her to trust others, but once she's your friend, she's extremely loyal and would do anything to help out.

Starter/Lottery Number: 2

Psymon: see what I told Mewtwo.

Darksong: In as well! You will receive a Female Palmlee! She will start with Gust, Leer, and Growth.

Cryptica:In! Your starter is male.

Dragon: Excellent. In~ You will receive a male Tsuki! (sorry about it being a sprite I don't have the updated art scanned yet) He will start with Growl, Scratch, and Confusion.

Name: Mark Cochrane

Appearance: Mark's hair, reaching barely to his eyes, is a dark brown shade, a bit like chocolate. Glasses, with rounded-rectangle frames, are generally worn over his blue-green eyes. Mark tends to wear a lot of grey and dark blue, and is absolutely never seen wearing anything red or yellow. He has heavy eyebrows and a somewhat large pair of ears. Average height, Mark used to be short but has recently grown. Mark isn't horribly pale, but really doesn't have much of a tan. He altogether looks like my avatar.

Bio: Mark grew up on the outsirts of the city, living with his parents and younger brother. From an early age, he had a large interest in Pokémon, studying the ancient Pokédex his dad has. As a result, Mark became rather knowledgeable on Pokémon, and spent several years after his tenth birthday as an intern at a Pokémon lab, helping study local and imported creatures. Fascinated, he decided to start his journey. He recently had his dream and is going to the lab for his Polipent.

Personality: Mark is pretty shy and reserved, especially around people he doesn't know. He nevertheless comes out of his proverbial shell around his friends and family. A bit more intelligent than average, Mark still lacks common sense sometimes. He is a bit argumentative, and likes to talk.

Starter/Lottery Number: Bettaqua

Inventory: Tumbleweed

Last edited:
MOON..CAT BLOB (Moon-panther? :DDD)

'Nother question. Are you going to make us update our profile with Pokemon we catch, items we have, and crap? Aaah everyone don't kill me for asking

Blastoise428: Accepted! Your starter is Male.

Dragon: Hah, good idea. C: Everyone, I want you to add a little 'Inventory' category in your form, if you'd please. It should be empty as of now.

Back
Top Bottom