• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Creeping Darkness

Everyone, I want you to add a little 'Inventory' category in your form, if you'd please. It should be empty as of now.

Just my opinion, but I think it would be better to put all of that stuff - along with all of the necessary info on the fakemon and any other new additions you're making, them being hitherto unheard of for the most part - in an OOC thread, if only to allow for less clutter and searching around for stuff.

((Sorry about the double post, but there's something odd going on with my computer and I need to test something in doing this.))

Edit: Well this is strange - my computer isn't noticing one of the posts in this thread, so when it went over 20 I wasn't able to see the new page until posting this, which was then confirmed as the 21st post necessary for starting a new page. :/

MOON..CAT BLOB (Moon-panther? :DDD)

'Nother question. Are you going to make us update our profile with Pokemon we catch, items we have, and crap? Aaah everyone don't kill me for asking

*laughs* Is that what you think of me?

...and I did come up with this pokemon with FMC...so that may be why you get a Moony wave off of the Tsuki~

Time to start!

----

Silver frowned and looked around.

He was smack in the middle of the large Polarus Town, and rather lost. There were people all around him, and that didn't help, either, He could hear quite a bit around him; tourists haggling with street vendors, the general babble for people, small children laughing, and the call of the Wingull overhead were just a few of the sounds he could make out. It was hot, too, since it was nearing noon and the tropic sun was almost overhead. He wiped his brow and frowned, looking vaguely up at the sky, shielding his eyes with a hand.

It was then he spotted the observation tower that was part to the lab. He started off at a run, darting around tourists and natives alike. He hopped that he wasn't late, he hated being late.

He eventually reached the large doors of the lab and pressed the button to open them. They slid open with a whirring sound and he stepped in. The hall was wide and well light by florescent lights on the ceiling, lined with stacks of books and posters of legendary Pokemon plastered the walls.

Silver stopped for a moment to study a few of the posters. They looked like photographs of ancient carvings. He reached out and touched one. It showed a vaguely star-shaped creature with an eye on it's chest. He had heard of this one - Jirachi.

He eyed another poster. This one was of something he had never seen. A dragonlike creature with blazing wings and tail.

He turned away from the posters and continued down the hall, flipping his hair out of his face. The hall opened up into a large circular room after a few metres, which, like the hall, was brightly light and covered in book-stacks and posters. There was a large computer at one end of the room, and a table with a few boxes stacked on it in the middle. A young-ish looking woman in a lab coat was operating the computer, which was showing an image of a large purple dragon on the massive screen.

Silver tilted his head and just stood in the doorway.

"I'm late I'm late I'm late!"

Tearing through the busy streets of Polarus Town, she makes a game out of avoiding the 'obstacles' that lie in her way. She leaps over sleeping Pokemon in the street, rushes past tourists in tacky shirts, and slides under fruit stands so she doesn't knock them over.

She runs through the town toward the lab of Miss Starr, hoping that she wasn't the last one there. Or to find out that she was beaten there by her friend.

"Dear god don't let him be there! I'll never hear the end of it!"

She dashes up the trail to the lab, bursting through the doors and never stopping until she ran into the tall, dark suited boy that stood in the doorway, flattening him in a second with her laying on top of him.

".....owwwww....."

Tamara just wished she had a map.

She had been wandering for a while; she had to be close to the Lab. Polarus... more likely a city than a town... was large and sometimes crowded, so she had trouble navigating. But still, she was excited to finally see what Pokémon she would get. Such excitement... she couldn't help but hope that it was cute.

Her spirits were lifted when she finally saw the roof of the lab, or at least that was what it looked like, pretty close to her. Making a beeline for that building, she soon found the entrance. Yup, this is the lab. Calmly, she entered, seeing that someone was already there; she had probably been in a hurry. To acknowledge the young girl, she smiled. Would now be a time to introduce herself or...?

Polarus. Such a town to get lost in.

Ira wasn't really lost, but he was looking around for something. The lab, to be exact. Right now, he wanted to get his first Pokemon so that he could go to the island that was mentioned in his dream... or maybe it wasn't an island. For now, he had no way of knowing.

There he was, letting his mind trail off again, when finally his eyes focused on a large building. He was sure this was the lab; there was no doubting the size and official look of it. He trotted towards the building.

((Well, whatever was going on between this thread and my computer seems to have fixed itself...))

It was a very cheerful day today; the sun shone brightly, unhindered by clouds; the inhabitants of Polarus, pokemon and human, native and traveler, were not-so-silently going about their business peace. And so it was only natural that Ivan would be walking through the streets with a content smile, the gold in his hair almost glowing in this light while harmlessly absorbing into his sunglasses. But he had more reason to rejoice than all of the city combined, for today was the day he officially became a pokemon trainer. This was the moment he had waited for for what might as well have been his entire life, and he had practically memorized the path he would take to reach his destination. In his euphoric bliss, he was moving almost in a perfectly straight line, just barely sidestepping out of the way to avoid other pedestrians or the various stands littering the streets.

Ivan stopped almost mechanically in front of what he believed was Professor Starr's lab; it didn't seem quite as extravagant as he had thought it to be - certainly more high-tech than the surrounding buildings, but he had expected more flashing lights and a spaceship around back or something. He reached into the pocket of his oddly orange jeans and pulled out a large postcard, and the sight before him almost exactly matched the unimpressive-but-shiny building in the picture ((I am fairly certain that Dawn had received a postcard from Rowan in the anime telling her where his lab was)). Then, just because his childish excitement had taken hold again, he flipped over to the other side, where, below the block of text he had barely even skimmed over, there were three pokemon; Polipent and Bettaqua were hardly of any importance to him, far more the fiery bird Pyratiel, around which was a circle, drawn in red several times over, and "OMG" printed in absurdly bold letters. He was still looking at the paper rectangle as his legs automatically walked forward, through the mechanical doors.

As he continued to stroll through the brightly lit hall, he also continued to be so engrossed in the picture that he didn't notice the small gathering in front of him until he had bumped headfirst into the dark-haired girl closest to the entrance and directly in his path. "Oh, sorry about that," he quickly apologized, stowing the postcard back in his pocket and taking off his sunglasses now that they were no longer needed. Peering past this first girl, he saw two more kids about his age in the circular waiting room, a shorter girl and an oppositely tall boy, lying on the floor in a heap. Ivan couldn't help but grin; "So," he said in an attempt to break the ice, "I'm guessing you're all here to get your pokemon as well?"

Mark dashed through the bustling streets, dodging and slipping around the people. Whipping off his glasses in mid-stride and wiping them on his dark green shirt, Mark stopped for a moment to get his bearings. A round blur appeared on the horizon.

Placing his glasses back over his blue eyes, Mark looked again at the blur, realizing it was the observatory. Moving his dark hair away from his eyes, Mark set off yet again towards the Lab.

Almost bowling over an aide, Mark mumbled a quick apology and ran into the main lab, and stopped just short of the group of people there. They ranged in age, but they were all in his age group.

"Umm, hello... I'm Mark," he mumbled.

Silver let out a yelp when Torie barreled into him, and soon found himself on the floor underneath her. He wiggled a bit and managed to squirm his way out from under the girl.

"What the hell?!" He growled, rubbing his chin. He'd bumped it and it hurt! He frowned.

Inside the room, the woman - Prof. Starr - turned from the computer.

"Oh! You must be the new trainers... Come this way, quickly... I have your Kits over here, and your starter Pokemon... " She pointed at the boxes. "Just get in a nice line and pick which ones you want. Those of you who's parents called ahead for a special Pokemon have your numbers, and your Pokeballs are in that box on the right end of the table. Everyone else, the Pokeballs containing your starters are sorted by type. You should be able to find the one you want from the sticker on them."

The woman spoke rather fast, like she was in a hurry, but seemed friendly enough. She was thin and looked to be in her early thirties, with mousy-brown hair and tanned skin. She was smiling widely at the assembled children. Behind her, the image on the screen glowed brightly and revolved slowly.

Silver got to his feet and slunk towards the table, examining the boxes carefully. He was after the water-type starter, since he tought it would be useful to have. He quickly found the box containing the balls with blue stickers on and selected one, lifting the miniturized ball carefull in his hand. A light tap of the button in the centre made the sphere expand to it's full size. It was warm in his hand. His Pokemon...

Silver grinned.

Mark looked around for a moment, and stepped over to the bin with the Water-types. There was another person there.

Averting his eyes, Mark picked up a Pokéball, murmered hello, and stood by the area with the kits. Picking one up, Mark stared at the miniaturized Pokéball and smiled.

Torie gets up on her knees, rubbing her nose.

"Owwww....Silver do you have to have such a thick skull?"

She gets up to her feet and stretches out her arms, working out any kinks that may have formed from her fall, brushes dirt off her shirt. She walks over to Miss Starr, givng her a wave and smile. She liked the Prof. well enough, but she didn't know much beyond the fact that she's into legendaries and talks a lot to her granny about them.

She makes her way to the table, studying the balls on the table before pulling out a number from her pocket. She looks at the pokeballs for one that had a number '3' on it. After locating the ball, she lifts it up in the palm of her hand and expands the pokeball. She tests the weight and feels the warmth of the ball in her hand. She smiles and hugs the ball to her chest, spinning on one foot and faces Silver.

She grins, walking over to him gives him a 'friendly' punch in the shoulder.

"So, Silver~ What pokemon do you have? Want to have a small battle to see what they are capable of?"

She gives him the biggest grin known to exsitance, slinging an arm around her neck.

"Well? Are you up for it, sparkle-butt?"

Tamara couldn't believe her excitement. she almost cried out because she was so happy. But she had to contain it, so it wouldn't help. Getting in line, she slowly made her way to the table with the kits. She quickly yanked one from the table and headed over to the box that Professor Starr had directed her to. Picking up the PokeBall that was intended for her, she almost flew straight to the door, but then decided to stay calm, and stood against a wall, turning the PokeBall over in her hand. I can't wait to see what this Pokemon is... my parents never told me.

Kimori wasn't running at all. In fact, she had no idea that she was late, which was mainly because she didn't know how slow she walked.

Still, she knew she was lost.

Maybe I already passed it or something...

Then she spotted several kids who were running into a building. She smiled to herself.

Either that's a damn big bathroom or that's the lab.

She began to run to, out of anxiety to get her first Pokemon.

Hope the grass starters aren't all out...

She almost jumped out of her skin for excitement when she stepped through the lab doors to behold a rather long line.

She waited patiently as the line dwindled in a surprisingly short time. It was soon her turn to step up and get her first Pokemon.

Those are those unique Pokemon that I can't get... That's Water... Fire... Grass!

She picked up a Poke Ball from the Grass bin.

She walked outside after grabbing her kit to see what Pokemon was in it. She maximized it and released the Pokemon inside.

The shapeless form quickly assembled itself into a slender, pale green serpent, with darker green buds on its neck and three leaves on the end of its tail and big, dark eyes taking up most of its head. She watched as it tasted the air with its forked tongue.

Kimori bent down, bringing her bright green eyes to the same level as the Pokemon's large, dark ones. "Hi," she said, smiling widely. "I'm Kimori."

The professor finished talking, and the other trainers-to-be were beginning to move towards the waiting pokeballs, but to Ivan the world had already fallen away - he stood there, alone in the darkness of his mind, as the strangely euphoric trance engulfed him. Alright, he thought, his words roaring in the imaginary silence, This is it. Let's find my new partner. A small pinprick of light emerged from the black wall, and he reached for it instinctively, jerking back to life in something that vaguely resembled a walk.

As his hands closed around the light, it solidified and became more distinct - a sphere of red and white, small enough to be held in his palm - a pokeball. The cold metal sent chills along his spine, and he shakily pressed the button on the device, causing it to swell up to several times its previous size, now requiring his whole hand to hold it. The frigid sensation faded away, replaced with a calming warmth, no doubt the fires of the pokemon within as it slept peacefully, waiting for its release. "The time has come for you to shine, my friend," he announced, pulling all of his strength and confidence into this moment of truth, and opened the pokeball.

With that brilliant flash of white energy, the darkness vanished, and Ivan was back in the real world, standing in front of a rapidly coalescing form floating in midair. The borders straightened out into something more concrete, and finally energy turned into matter, and assumed the shape of a small bird-like creature, its ashy body dotted with glowing embers and a stream of fire trailing out behind in place of a tail, before flying around the room a few times and merrily squawking "Tiel!" a few times. As it returned to Ivan, he extended his right arm slowly, and the Pyratiel settled there carefully with one final flap of its wings and a cloud of cinders. He flinched mentally at the strength of its - no, she was female; he could see it in the glint of her eyes, that gentle, caring grace - her grip, so much so that the blood pressure in his forearm was starting to get cut off, and the flames of her tail were more intense than any fire he had ever been close to before.

Ivan reached his free hand out cautiously and, when the Pyratiel made no efforts to move away or otherwise convey "Hands off!", patted her head softly. He smiled, a wide, goofy grin, and said quietly, "Hello; my name is Ivan. I've so long for this moment, when you'd come to me. You will be my light in the darkness...Lumina."

Silver made a face at Torei.

"I don't sparkle. And we should wait until we get to know our Pokemon before battling them." He said, scooping up his kit and stuffing it in his bag.

The Professor started to talk again, this time holding up a kit.

"This is your starter kit that all trainers get when the start. It contains Five Pokeballs, your Pokedex, two potions, and the 3000 Poke Government funding you are to receive. Your Pokedex is a new model, too! I helped upgrade it. It contains the usual features of a Pokedex, plus a few extras, like a phone and email system. You can personalize them too!" She chirped, smiling excitedly.

Silver looked down at his bag, deciding he would take a look later. Now he was more concerned about his Pokemon. He pressed the button again, and a burst of light streamed from it. A foot-long fish-like Pokemon materialized in the stream, balanced on four sturdy leg-like fins. He blinked up at Silver, frowning. Silver grinned.

Most excellent!

"I'll call you... Speckle."

Speckle just said "Bett."

((you may all update your profiles with items + Pokemon))

Torei makes a face back at Silver, tossing the ball in her hand up and down. She catches it and looks at it for a bit. Her family never told her what she was getting, but she remembers her grandma telling her to be careful of blood suckers. She was a batty old woman to say the least.

"Alright...time to see what granny was laughing about."

She tosses the ball into the air, a beam of light pouring out of it onto the floor. She watches as the light take a shape. the light slowly slides off the pokemon's round, black body. it's tail curled around it's self and looks to be sleeping. Torei takes a step forward and crouches down next to it, poking it in the side.

"Culi!"

The pokemon's huge eye snaps open, looking at her with a look of 'why did you poke my eye?'. Torei lets out a yelp when she notices the pokemon's eye was as big as half it's body.

"What in the name of Pudding is that?!"

The pokemon blinks at her, then clears it's throat.

"I'm a Enculi...a dark pokemon."

Torei nods, noticing the female voice of the Enculi. She reaches out her hand and lets the /enculi crawl up her armm nearly jumping out of her skin when she sees that all the pokemon really is was a large fanged mouth on the bottom.

"You're...a leech thing...aren't you..."

Enculi nods a little, crawling onto her shoulder. Torei reaches up and pats it's head, thinking of a name for the creature.

"...I think I'll call you...InkBlood."

The enculi looks like she was considering the name, then nods, leaning up to her face and licking it.

"InkBlood...I like blood, but I've never tried this thing called Ink."

Torei lets out a nervous laugh, snagging a kit for herslef and slipping it in her bag.

Ira grinned a bit. He slowly stepped across the floor and to the table.

This was exciting already.

He wondered what Pokemon he would get, and then his mind wandered. Shaking his head to call it back, he reached forwards and plucked a PokeBall off the table.

Ira couldn't help but make a slow skip to the other end of the room. He looked rather thoughtful as he rolled it around in his hands, as if it was some shiny object from another planet.

Back
Top Bottom