• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Creeping Darkness

((Gah you made.. like five posts without me ;_; I'll be in the lab too, then.))

Vai picked up the Pokeball with the number four on it, and tossed the ball in the air.

Lucky number four, let's see what you are.. She looked at the others, occupied with their Pokemon, and rolled the Pokeball off her palm onto the ground, and a beam of red light appeared, materializing into what looked like.. a cat blob sitting on a moon. The moon dipped once, and started to float around her head.

"Tsuuuuki," the blob squeaked. It seemed male, but you couldn't really tell..

"Is that what you are? A Tsuki?" It nodded, spinning around her head again. "And you're male..?" He nodded again, floating a bit faster. "I think I'll call you.. Hakoi. Sound good?" He nodded again, letting out a little squeak. Vai let Hakoi float around her head, while she went to pick up the starter kit.

It looked like others were sending out their Pokemon. Tamara couldn't help but be curious and follow after. Cautiously, to make sure it wasn't a big Pokemon, she opened it towards the middle of the room. For a moment, there was a red, transparent shape, and it turned into some kind of brown reptile with a long neck. The reptile had huge eyes, and small banana-like fruits hanging from its neck. Leaves covered its back and head.

"I don't know what you're called, but you make me want a cherry pie." Tamara grinned amiably.

"Palmleee?" The creature asked, tilting its head like a dog.

"I think CherryPie would be a good name for you, girl..." the thirteen-year old said thoughtfully. "CherryPie it is."

"Palm." CherryPie replied, satisfied.

It only caused Tamara to smile even wider.

Mark held onto his Pokéball a little while longer, swallowed his nerves, and pressed the button on the front of the ball.

With a slight wooshing sound and a burst of white light, a longish fish-looking creature was left laying on its back.

Oh no...

Mark ran up to the Bettaqua, leaning down. He was about to pick it up when...

The little Pokémon jumped up onto Mark's left shoulder and bit his ear affectionately.

"Hey, don't pretend like that! I thought you were dead..." Mark muttered to the creature. "So, are you a male?" he asked conversationally.

Nodding vigourously, the Bettaqua turned around and started sniffing Mark's shirt.

"I think I'll call you... Gush."

The Polipent turned towards Kimori. It flicked out its tongue, taking in her scent and storing it carefully in its memory.

"Pooooli," it squeaked. Despite the high-pitched voice that most starters had, it sounded very masculine.

Kimori's smile grew bigger. "You wouldn't happen to have a name already, would you?"

The Polipent shook his head. "No," he said, "but it would be rather nice to have one, I think."

Kimori eyed him carefully, trying to think of a name that fit him. To her, he seemed exotic, and somewhat cheerful. He was curious, that was for sure. He was twisting around, flicking his tongue while he waited, and looking at the other Pokemon and people. His gaze drifted for just one moment longer on the Palmlee than the others, but he quickly turned back her. She guessed that it was just because she was another Grass type, which must have been comforting to him amidst so many other Pokemon.

Kimori suddenly thought of a name that might work, something just clicked into him. It seemed fitting for the traits she had thought of...

"Abun," she said. "Do you like that name?"

He flicked his tongue again. "Yes."

"Then you should be called that." There was a pause in the conversation, although not awkward. "Well," Kimori said at last, "do you want to go in your Poke Ball, or battle someone else, or just wander around or what?"

He looked around with his large, black, unblinking eyes. "I'm not sure if we should go up to anyone, but a battle would be nice. Maybe we should just stay here and wait for someone else to challenge us." He was obviously a bit shy, too.

Kimori shrugged. "Okay then," she said, sitting down to wait.

Ira looked around at the Pokemon in the room, and then glanced down at the Poke'Ball in his hand. He couldn't help but wonder what type of Pokemon was in this thing. Whatever it was, the trainer hoped it would be friendly...

Nervously, he tossed the ball in his hand a bit. And then he sent the Pokemon out.

At first it was a shape, unrecognizable like a cloud of mist. As it faded into view, the Pokemon stuck its beak into the fiery feathers that coated it.

"What are you?" he asked, puzzled. He had never seen a Pokemon like this before.

"Kwee!" It chirped a bit.

"Well that doesn't tell me anything much."

"Twee..." it hung its head sadly, and Ira pitied it. He gently stroked its side.

The bird's head perked up, and it smiled.

Vai looked through the kit, examining each item for a few seconds before putting it back. She put the Poke in a pocket in her bag that was easier to get to, and looked around. A girl with a Polipent was sitting against the wall, a boy was talking to a Bettaqua on his shoulder, another was petting a Pyratiel.. All the Pokemon names she knew from scanning the Pokemon with the Pokedex. Vai looked up at Hakoi, floating just above her head.

"Hakoi, how would you feel about battling right now?"

Hakoi gave her a look like 'battling? Why?' and squeaked again. She sighed, and smiled. Might as well get to know some people.. Vai walked up to the girl with the.. Palmlee, who was the closest to her.

"Uh, h-hi," she stuttered, and winced inwardly. "My name is Vai, what's yours?" Hakoi floated over to the Palmlee, and started to float around its head.

Silver reached out to pet his new Pokemon, smiling. This was excellent, powerful water-types were capable of quite a lot of things, and when this one evolved it would be able to learn the powerful Earthquake attack. He stroked Speckle's head and the fish-like creature nuzzled him warmly. The Pokemon was slimy and warm, but Silver didn't mind.

The professor waved cheerfully at the group.

"Well, you all probably want to get going, so I'll leave you to your adventure! The Lab's number is stored in your Pokedex's memory if you want to call for any reason!" She said, returning to her computer.

"Let's go, Torei." Silver said, returning his Pokemon and starting to leave. "I want to catch a Pokemon!"

Torei looks up at Silver and nods. She starts to walk after him, InkBlood still on her shoulder. She glances at her nerviously, not sure about the pokemon.

"Silver...would you know anything about a Enculi....?"

Inkblood chuckles, it's fanged mouth lightly brushing her neck.

'I could tell you a lot about me'

Torei shivvers, not entirely trusting the fangs against her neck and shoulder. she lets out a nervous laugh and picks up the pace until she was next to him. She slides her arm through his.

"So...you want o go to the beach or in the alleys...there aren't any tree life here on Terra Island..."

"So, Gush, do you want to go back in your Pokéball now, or...?" said Mark, pulling out the red-and-white sphere.

As a response, the Bettaqua crawled down the back of Mark's shirt and into the space between his backpack and shirt.

Snuggling his head up against Mark's head, the slimy Pokémon said, "It's warm in here!"

"Okay... No Pokéball for now then." Mark muttered to himself. Nodding his head and muttering thanks to the Professor, he turned to the door and saw one of the other trainers.

Noticing the trainer's choice of Pokémon, Mark walked up to Silver and said, "Umm, so... You got a Bettaqua, too. I'm Mark."

"Well, they're supposed to be able to turn metal to gold with their blood, and they suck blood.." Silver started to tell Torei, motioning to the small Pokemon.

Then someone walked up to him. The person spoke.

"Umm, so... You got a Bettaqua, too. I'm Mark."

Silver waved, grinning.

"Hi Mark, I'm Silver. This is my friend Torei." He said, motioning to the girl next to him.

"Oh, hi, Torei," Mark said, nodding at the girl. "So, an Enculli? I always found them cool... if a little creepy."

Mark turned back to Silver, and motioned to both him and Torei. "So anyway, where are you heading? Anywhere in particular?"

Gold?

Torei looks down at the Enculi on her neck, noticing that it was sucking on her shoulder. She swallows a little, still creeped out by the thing.

"...As long as it doesn't try to eat me..."

'Can't gurrentee that. But I'll try to restrain myself'

Torei shivver a little. Then someone walked up to Silver and introduced themselves. Before Torei could respond, Silver introduced her to the boy.

"Hi...I'm Torei...like my friend here already said"

She smiles at the boy while InkBlood sucked on her neck lovingly.

"Looks like everyone is leaving," noted Kimori. "I don't think we'll get a battle by sitting here, Abun."

"Yeah," he agreed in his slightly whispery voice, curling up around her neck, looking like any very odd, green, scaly feather boa. "If you don't really mind, it'd be nice to travel like this, atleast before I evolve. When I evolve, though, I'll get too huge." He laughed, a sound unlike anything Kimori had ever heard. "I'll be bigger than you when that happens."

"Yeah..." she sighed, looking around and spotting a group of other new trainers. "Let's ask them for a battle. But first I should check your stats and all that so that I can think up strategies..."

She checked him with her Pokedex. "It looks like you're speedy and meant for physical attacks, although special attacks aren't too bad, and don't rely on defense."

"Pretty much," said Abun. "I don't get why some Pokemon just sit there and Protect themselves until it fails and then just absorb everything that comes their way. Sounds pretty dull. I'd rather be doing close-up attacks - more risky and all that."

Kimori raced after them, slowing down when she met them and panting for a few seconds. She had never been one for running. "Hi," she said in a somewhat breathless voice. "I'm Kimori. Would any of you like a battle?"

((In case you can't tell, "them" is Silver, Torei, and Mark))

((Methinks five days is a long enough wait.))

The metal container that comprised the starter kit was cold in Ivan's hands, much like the pokeball had been, but without that warm sensation from within, and both he and Lumina, who had moved up to perch on his shoulder, were curiously staring at it in anticipation - of course, he knew what was in it from the professor's explanation, but the world of pokemon was unfamiliar enough to him to make these things that much more fantastic. When the inevitable could no longer be avoided, he undid the metal clasp on top, and carefully opened the kit, much like a child would open his lunchbox at school, never knowing what his parents had stored there for him. Inside, five empty, minimized pokeballs rolled around haphazardly, no doubt for the wild pokemon they would be encountering in the near future, bouncing off of the strapped-in spray-bottles holding a strange purple liquid, probably potions. Then there was...another box, though this one was obviously a good deal smaller, probably to keep its contents secure.

Curiosity welled up inside Ivan once again, and, after taking everything out of the kit and stowing them in his backpack while Lumina flew away momentarily, he opened the smaller box. Instantly he took note of the small wad of paper stuffed inside: thirty bills of 100 pokedollars ((correct me if I'm giving this the wrong name)) - far more than he earned for chores each month! But then behind that, stuffed cozily in the cushiony black covering the box's interior, was a rectangular, reddish-orange device, the latest model of Pokedex. Ivan couldn't help but feel a little downtrodden at this; he had wanted to become a pokemon trainer to see the world, after all, not so much to stop and classify every little detail along the way.

He shoved the money into his jean pockets and flipped the 'dex open, and he was instantly bombarded by an array of flashing lights, buttons, and a few screens, upon which numbers and pictures were displayed. While he reeled in the momentary daze, Lumina squawked as she was bathed in a flash of infrared light by the machine's automatic scanner. A new image appeared on the screen, an image of a Pyratiel, with various statistics stacked along the border. Ivan blinked at the words, then grinned, "Well, Lumina, it seems like this is more than just a tool for research - we can use this to size up our competition!"

The two looked at the screen attentively as Ivan panned the pokedex around him, towards all of the myriad trainers gathered. Closest to him were two girls in the center of the room, and near them were a small, leafy, long-necked reptile and...some creature with a vaguely feline floating about on a crescent moon - a Palmlee and Tsuki, two pokemon that were hardly standard fare for beginning trainers. Then there was a second gathering, farther away at the door, two boys, both with a slimy-skinned Bettaqua, and two more girls, one with a Polipent coiled around her neck like some exotic necklace, and the other with a very evil-looking Enculi hanging on her shoulder precariously. Going after the grass-types would be too simple, Ivan thought, weighing up his options, And there's no need to give myself a disadvantage with water, and... he paused to look up from the pokedex, and almost instantly felt the gaze of the Enculi's wide eye upon him. A shiver went up his spine; And I'm staying as far away from that as possible.

That left the little oddball of a Tsuki, but Ivan's thoughts were interrupted when Lumina forcefully tapped the side of his head with a wing, and he turned in that direction to face another boy, probably in his teens, kneeling down on the floor and looking somewhat despondently at his pokemon. But this wasn't just any pokemon, he noted, it was another Pyratiel - this one had yellow feathers on his head as opposed to Lumina's grey, an indication of a male according to the pokedex. Ivan and Lumina only glanced at each other, a mischievous glint present in both of their eyes, and they approached the teen quietly and Ivan said in a booming voice, "Well, well, well - it would appear that we have the same pokemon, you and I; how would you like to have a battle, just to see which of them is stronger?"

((I feel so lazy for not describing any of the trainers.))

((I think my computer hates this thread it keeps not letting me load it :C Also if any of you haven't looked yet, I have a bunch of the Uchu native Pokemon added to the OOC thread))

Silver shrugged, flipping some hair out of his face.

"I wanted to look around this island for a while... The Park is open to trainers for just today, since it's the day new trainers get their Pokemon. I heard there are really rare Pokemon there." He said to Mark, smiling.

It was then that another person - a girl - walked up and asked if anyone would like to battle. He gave her a small wave.

"Well, I think we should get to know our Pokemon better before battling..." He said "Oh, yeah, I'm Silver, nice to meet you!" He added, grinning.

(('The Park' is like a conservation on Terra Island where they breed Pokemon that are endangered in the Uchu Region. It's like a forest, and most people from Terra Island have been there at least once.))

Mark turned to the girl who was asking for a battle.

"Oh, sorry, I don't think I'm ready for a battle just yet..." Turning back to Silver, he said excitedly, "Oh, the Park? My class once went on a field trip there! That'd be fun. I might go too. How are you planning to get there?"

Torie squeezes his arm a bit, starting to wonder why everyone was coming over to them. She listens to what they wanted, then heard Silver talk about the park.

She liked parks.

"What are we waiting for, sparkle-toes! To the park!"

Arm still linked with his, she drags him out of the door, breaking into a run. She looks back at everyone and grins.

"Race you to the park!"

Well that answers my question. He's getting there against his will!

Mark made sure that Gush was secure, and got an affectionate nip on the finger as thanks. Dashing after the girl and Silver, stuffing his Kit into his backpack along the way.

"It looks like we're going somewhere," Ira noticed. He turned to his Pokemon. "Hey, wait... you're a Pyratiel, aren't you?"

It nodded.

"Your name will be... Flameheart."

Again, it nodded eagerly. "Kwek!" With a bit of a jump it flew into the air and perched on his shoulder. Startled, Ira jumped, but Flameheart didn't move. He stepped outside the lab, looking in the direction of the others.

Might as well just follow them.

Needless to say, he did so.

Back
Top Bottom