• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Doctor Who Club

I think River is on death row... I mean you can change the future... what if it's changed so that Silence in the Library never happened? Or happened differently... I think why she was so sad and thought she was never going to see him again was because she was going to be executed.... thoughts?

And the woman Amy saw? I RECOGNIZED! She was the doctor from the Eleventh hour.... the one who was used by Prisoner Zero as a disguise... and the LITTLE GIRLS!... That was Prisoner Zero... gone borg?

Have I lost my mind... but that was her!

And space pirates and salt water leeches?

It's possible that the leeches had gotten into a barrel or something before the ship left? Saltwater leeches might exist, but I can't tell since Google's results on the subject are stupid.

And same actor doesn't equal same person– I think that Martha Jones was killed by the Cybermen in the episode(s) where they fight the Daleks.

Also Dannichu always has the best news.

NEW QUESTION: Favorite monsters/villains?

Ooh, was it really the same actress? Because the Prisoner Zero Possessed Woman With Small Girls was defintely played by Olivia Colman, who I absolutely adore because she's absolutely hilarious and in everything (Shaun of the Dead, Green Wing, Skins, Rev and loads of others) and it would be fantastic if she came back/played another character.

Amy's actress played a Pyrovile in Fires of Pompeii, too. And Eve Myles, obviously, played two Whoniverse characters. They explained that one seamlessly XD

I soo want in on this. lol. Sadly I am too young... I can sooo pass for 11 right? Right?

So "The Doctor's Wife" ideas? They are pretty much telling us that the Doctor isn't the only Time Lord left.

Last edited:
Right, I promise I will be more articulate later, but for the moment, my reaction is AAAAAHHHHHHHH SO, SO GOOD <333333

Right, I promise I will be more articulate later, but for the moment, my reaction is AAAAAHHHHHHHH SO, SO GOOD <333333

>:/

For some reason this is more mean than spoilers! lol.

And for Blastoise, I am a fan of the Weeping Angels, the Master, and the Daleks. Daleks just for the sake of well... they're the f'n Daleks! I like the Silence, but I think they are just plain weird looking.

Hello, new person here. ^_^ I love Doctor Who! I'm glad there's a topic for it. I've seen every episode of the new series, but not much of the old. My favorite doctor is Ten, but I love almost equally Nine and Eleven. My favorite villains are the Weeping Angels and the Daleks, though I wish they'd left the Angels alone after Blink and the Daleks are overused. Sorry, this is all just kind of random. -_-
My theory on the Silence in the Library issue is that it cannot be changed, since that is the first time that the Doctor met River Song (on his timeline, anyway). Also, why would the Doctor say that he doesn't trust River? Is it because she did not know to use his name like she did in Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead?

I am still saying that since the timeline changed, or since time can be altered, Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead, might not have happened. It could be the Doctor or something else happened and she died before.... well she died in a different way.

I am going to rent a boat and go to England, yes, once a week I will sail across the Atlantic... Yepyep. So I can watch Doctor Who on time.

I was actually, literally inarticulate following today's episode.

It started off a little grim and dark, but then SEXY and I'M A MAN WITH A BOX WITHOUT A BOX and BUNK BEDS and the whole thing was completely hilarious and still managed to be bloody scary (the bit with Amy and OH LOOK RORY'S (sort of) DEAD AGAIN was scary, and, I imagine, terrifying for little kids) and very, very sad at the end. I sort of wish [no really, mega-spoiler] the TARDIS could've stayed like that because she was awesome. DOCTOR/TARDIS OTP 4EVER. <33

Hi Rose! :D I agtee on the Daleks being a bit overused, and while I was a bit annoyed they sort of changed all the Weeping Angels stuff in the S5 two-parter, I still thought it was really scary. o.o

I don't know I there's still a lot left to learn about them (Weeping Angels)... I mean knowing more about them makes them less scary it seems... but the more we know about them the more we can throw them at players in the Doctor Who roleplaying game!

Rose99280 should definately join Torchwood mafia! (please? more players the better. Plus I can add more characters if there are more people!)

Ahaha... I feel bad intruding but... Hello. :D After constant pestering of a certain IRL friend, I finally started Doctor Who starting from the new version season 1, but I did watch random episodes from season 2-4, and the first three of season 5.

All I can say is that I'm definitely hooked and I really hope that I can catch up to the recent episodes. OTL

Coolest. Episode. Ever.

The TARDIS was a woman! I get the title now! YAY! Although the patchwork people dying was pretty sad. Did anyone else think the male one was a bit Hugh Laurieish? And it seems a bit odd that Doctor and co. didn't immediately unravel that 'river in the forest' line that Sexy said.

This episode is really quotable.

Also, welcome, Eclipse!

Hi, I'm a Doctor Who fan. You may have figured that out already. Unless you've never seen me before. Or you never saw any of the DW-based quotes in my sig or my previous avatar. [Joining]. Anyway:

RE: The angels. I never found them that scary. Perhaps startling when I first saw Blink, but I tend not to find any monsters scary (although the gas mask virus was creepy). Anyway, I get the feeling that "Anything that holds the image of an angel becomes an angel" was designed to scare people who bought the idea that they can be observed through the fourth wall.

RE: The Doctor's Wife: That was awesome. Bits I like:
1) The first thing the TARDIS does on meeting the Doctor in human form: Kiss him.
2) "She Bites." "I do?" *Chomp*
3) The TARDIS stole the Doctor
4) "Sexy"
5) "I always got where you needed to go."
6) The TARDIS' idea of 'the pretty one'
7) The TARDIS' final words
8) The Doctor on how awesome Bunk Beds are.

House was an interesting villain, and probably one of the most dangerous. After all, who else could take over control of the TARDIS.

Not so keen on all the Time Lords being dead, although since they're time travellers they could in theory show up alive at some point (and there's material for audio dramas/novels/fanfiction. Also shame the TARDIS can't talk any more, but I suspect she'll be shown to be animate/communicating in other ways, and the Doctor's relationship with her will be played up a bit.

Still, it basically makes Doctor/TARDIS canon. Also, no comment on the brakes being left on, only on the noise it makes (which the TARDIS doesn't seem to be upset about) so apparently she doesn't mind the brakes staying on.

Who else wants Neil Gaiman to become a permanent writer for DW? I mean. Just. Holy crap.

Also, the fashion that uncle/niece/Sexy/etc. wore? So gorgeous. And added so much to the style and the story.

Someone on Twitter mentioned that they reckon Neil Gaiman will become to Moffat what Moffat was to RTD. opal thinks that Neil probably has too much on his plate to do that, but I live in hope :D

HI NEW PEOPLE :DDDD

Also, they totally nicked the "Biting is like kissing, only there's a winner" line from Moffat's (absolutely fantastic) series Jekyll, where someone says "Have you ever killed anyone? It's like sex, only there's a winner". But I stand by that you can't plagarise youself, so it's allowed.

And I loved the dark, steampunky, general sewn-together-ness of the Family, too. Although the Ood being there wasn't really explained? I need to watch the episode again, there was so much in there, and I was squealing incoherently quite a bit.

Although - absolute, total canon confirmation that Time Lords can change sex when they regenerate! HUZZAH! :DDD

And yes, Rory being the TARDIS' idea of the 'pretty' one was absolutely hilarious XD

Ahhhh heck. Don't know where to start!
Okay, so first - the 'the only water in the forest is the river' thing? Delightfully ambiguous. The most obvious link to make would be River and her first Forest of the Dead appearence, but I continue to be overly suspicious of red herrings.

Oh oh oh also the thing the TARDIS said about archiving things that haven't happened yet cough like pregnancy cough. Ooh exciting. Although, no sign that I saw of eyepatch-woman this week.

I am starting S.P.O.W. >| Society for the Protection of Oodish Welfare. They're like the Universe's scapegoat and this is not acceptable. They are forever getting possessed/lobotomised/abandoned to fall into black holes. Not acceptable!

And old TARDIS console yesyesyes. <3 And I love that presumably, when the gravity is not switched on, you can walk along a TARDIS corridor and just walk right... up. Or down. Or do you just jump into a vertical corridor and float up? Whatever, that was cool. (And so are bunkbeds.) I half expected that typewriter on the console to become some way of communing with the TARDIS afterwards, sigh. Also comparing the remains of the other TARDISes(?) to corpses and then happily stitching them together was, I thought, rather bizarre after the Doctor got so angry about Auntie and Uncle being sewn-together bits of Time Lord.

Next time trailer - I think I saw Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes' Chris! :D

Last edited:
Oh god I remember the good old days of waiting for every Moffat episode... Now we just need Gaiman to agree to write at least one episode per season. I mean he seemed like such an uber-geek in the confidential, he must accept, and apparently he wrote several concepts and Moffat chose this one, so! He must have many ideas, just use some of the other concepts!

The pretty line was, I think, to try and make up for killing Rory again. Poor guy. And he died in the TARDIS. Geez. Oh, and there didn't seem to be any reason for the Ood other than that random things get stranded on House, so Ood was there.

Also, Kinova, you start your Ood protection, I'm starting a society for protection of Rory. :| Poor guy.

Back
Top Bottom