• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Dragon Cave: The Wings of Freedom

((You don't have to be an egg, shadow, when your char is a dragon))

"Aren't you a cute one." Taylor smiled as the little dragon's tail waved from side to side. He patted it again.

Seeing an opportunity to assert herself, Starlight then leapt onto Taylor's arm and quickly climbed up to his shoulders, where she perched on one shoulder and curled her tail halfway around his neck (the back half), letting it hang down from the other shoulder. (I'm guessing Starlight, at this age, is about a foot and a half from her nose to the base of her tail, and her tail itself is another foot and a half)

She hoped she had found a new 'mother'... to make up for the one she never knew she had...

Upon seeing the human and the other Gray hatchling socializing, as if it were good fun, Siluna's head tilted to one side. Now she was very interested in these strange, scale-less creatures who walked on their hind legs with little effort. She took a cautious pawstep away from the concealing, protecting darkness and into the warmth of the outside world's light. There were more humans about... Perhaps she could catch the attention of one, now that she'd taken a bold venture from the cave?

"Oh wow!" Taylor didn't foresee that the dragon would jump onto his shoulder. "It seems like you like me." He said happily, and pattet the dragons head again. "Hungry?" He didn't expect it to understand, but he asked anyway.

Starlight turned her head to him and left her mouth open wide, a hatchling symbol that usually says 'feed me please!' though she didn't know that humans might not instinctually understand that. She then gave a high-pitched chirp, as if to reinforce the message.

"Hold tight." Taylor bent down and tossed off his bag, he opened it and took some of the dragon food which was really meant for the egg that he stole, and put it on the ground. He didn't have anything to put it in, and hoped the hatchling would eat it like that.

Eying the food, Starlight then leapt down off the human's shoulders and walked over to the food Taylor had placed down. She was eager for any food at the time, as being an outcast had been tough, and she was starving. She quickly gobbled up the handful Taylor had offered her and looked back up at him, wondering if he would give any more.

"They indeed are. More?" Taylor said when he saw the little dragon goble up the food. He got a handfull more out of his bag, and placed it on the ground. It was apparently chicken of some sort, at least it looked like it was. "Now I can't give you anymore, I need for the dragon when it hatches." He said, and tossed his bag on his back.

Starlight grinned and curled her body around the feed, as if she was 'hoarding' it. This time, she more casually began to eat, staring back at all the eyes that seemed to be focused on her. While she acted a little protective of her food, she seemed generally pleased that she finally was getting some much-needed attention, giving off a contented chirp.

Sylph lifted her head. There was a strange scent in the cave... She yawned quite loudly and stretched her tiny limbs, and scurried to where the scent was coming from- The front of the cave. She peeked her head around the corner, and saw something she hadn't seen before. She was pretty sure there weren't dragons... Were they these 'humans' that the elders talked about? She squeaked in surprise. A little too loudly, perhaps.

Shosia turned around at a squeak of a dragon. It was a purple dragon that looked female. "Hello, little dragon." He thought that was pathetic, but gently placed his orange egg on the ground and stroked its head with one finger. "Are you going back to your mother?" He decided that maybe its mother wouldn't accept it now that he touched it. But it must have had one...

"Great, Shosia. Now that you have touched it it'll certainly be abandoned." Taylor said annoyed when he saw Shosia pet the dragon hatchling. "Now you have to take care of it." He said, not smiling.

After finally finishing her second helping, Starlight stood back up and began to approach the nearby purple dragon. How she had envied her, after seeing the purple's mother taking care of her, while she had been an outcast... but now the purple had the human mark too. It gave Starlight a brief moment of satisfaction, as she realized the purple would be left just like she was. But the moment was fleeting. Starlight had already chosen the human she wanted, and stopped approaching the other dragon once she made it to Taylor, instead rubbing her small body against his leg.

((Oh, then I'll be a hatchling))

Fimagi wandered on the edge of the woods (as in right on the edge, map later) looking for food. She spotted the cave and stared at it with her piercing blue eyes, but didn't dare come near. She had tried several times and the other dragons merely chased her out, from the human scent that still somehow lingered on her. She sat down and waited.

"Hi, again." Taylor said as the little black and gray dragon rubbed it's body against his trousers. "I wonder what your name is, and what gender you are."
Maybe I can ask the dragons inside... "Hey, little one. I'm going in. If you want to come with me, jump onto my shoulder." He bent down -in case the dragon didn't understand- as if he offered it to jump onto him.

Starlight leapt back onto Taylor's shoulder, eager to show off her new 'pet' human. She perched there, looking forward and letting her long tail hang down Taylor's back like a long strand of hair.
I wonder where we're going now, and why... she thought.

When Taylor saw the dragon leap onto his shoulder he started to walk into the cave. He saw Fir in the far end and yelled, but became a little embarrased when all the dragons turned to look at him. "Errm... sorry, I just wanted to talk to Fir or Hvitt." He said lowly.
Hvitt approached him and looked with disgust at the hatchling on his shoulder. "Umm, excuse me, I just wanted to know the name and gender of this little critter." Taylor said. "That's Starlight, a female gray one." Hvitt said, and immediantly turned to go back to her work, which was apparently nursing some hatchlings.

Bek gently held the black egg in her grasp and softly put it in her dark blue bag (she despised most bright "girly" colors). She seemed a bit dazed from the events of the day. She glanced around. She wanted to ask something but she couldn't put her finger on what she wanted to ask.

"It was already abandoned, by the look of it," Shosia said calmly. He looked down at the tiny dragon and smiled.

Back
Top Bottom