• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Dreams of the Past

Zrantox stared for a moment at the Frosslass. He of course could phase through walls (it wasn't as if he navigated through buildings to find dying humans), but logic dictated the the humans would have set up some kind of defense against someone passing through the walls. Zrantox couldn't confirm that without trying to phase through, of course, but he wasn't going to be fool enough to try that on his own.

Still, now that he was woken up, the Dusknoir couldn't take being stuck in this chamber for much longer. He had to get out, and soon.

There's the door, he thought, looking at the gateway. It wouldn't take long to get through once the structure showed signs of weakness, but somehow Zrantox guessed that if it were to show weakness, someone would have to forcibly weaken it.

Someone like me, Zrantox thought, calling dark energy to a hand, yes... someone very much like me.

He aimed that hand at the doorway. "You can all sit and dawdle about if you so wish," he growled, "but I am escaping into this world."

With that, he blasted the Dark Energy at the doorway.

As Leia stared at the beautifully (if mysterious) door before her, she didn't see the Solrock come up from behind her. But as soon as Solrock had "spoken" to her, she wheeled around and stared blankly at the floating rock.

"W-what?" she said, alarmed by the voice in her head. "D-did you speak to me?" She stared into its expressionless face, a loss for words. Recomposing herself and bristling, she said, "It's none of your business! It's not my fault that I broke into here or...or anything like that."

Determined to open the door anyway, she quickly walked forward and was about to touch the door and find a handle, when there was a great boom. She scrambled back, and dug around in her bag for her gun. With shaking hands, she took off the safety and aimed it at the door, determined to defend herself.

((I tried to emphasize that my character wasn't anywhere near the sleeping Pokemon -- she doesn't even see the door yet -- but I guess I didn't do that enough.))

As Rei stiffened and continued her trek down the passageway, she was aware of two things. The first was that the tunnels got progressively smoother, unnaturally so, and the echoes of her footsteps, which she couldn't hear earlier, grew louder and stayed in her ears longer than they had before. How peculiar... And the second thing she was aware of was a squeaking noise from behind her. Before she made her way too far into the tunnel, the Sneasel turned around swiftly, her small ears twitching and her red eyes glancing suspiciously, almost nervously, about the passageway. Something couldn't be following her, could it? She had to find out what it was.

She made her way forward, but moved slowly at a walking pace, as to not appear threatening. As she walked, one of her thick tail feathers dragged lightly against the ground, and Rei had to stop for a moment to shake the dirt off of the feather before continuing. As she drew closer to where she had thought the sound came from, she called almost too quietly, "Who's there?" It was odd to hear many noises like that this deep in the cave, especially one like that, which had sounded somewhat like a kitten to Rei. As far as she knew, there was no cave lion Pokemon or anything like that, so something had to be following her in. After this thought, she added, "Who are you? Why are you following me?"

That doesn't change the nature of the situation., Sinar told the human, and after the blast, it added, Now get back, for this one wishes your destruction.

Now Sinar faced a choice. Helping open the door would let the others out, but letting the Dusknoir out was a bad idea. It would definitely overwhelm the human here. Perhaps the others would help subdue him, but how interested would they be?

Run. The Pokemon in here were hand-picked by humanity one hundred years ago as the strongest. You would not survive., Sinar flatly told the human.

And then Sinar glowed blue with psychic energy as it pulled at the door.

Ah, she was here already. That was good. He liked punctuality. Turning his head, he sized up the imposing woman walking towards him with a quick glance, smiling at her in a welcoming way, even though he considered her an unnecessary asset to the mission. A complication he could manage better without. An impassive woman, she was quick to demand an update on the situation. Marvelous. She didn't want to be here either. This could go quickly.

"Madam Mourmedy."

He said as a formality, able to progress deeper into the tunnel now that she was here. Walking along, briefing her on the move was much more efficient than standing around. He expected her to follow. Or else she could just turn around and go home. That would be better.

"As of this moment, we have the dig team contained. Galactic members and other associates similar to yourself are watching over the entrances."

Choosing his words carefully, aware of this woman's dangerous reputation, he did not want to group her in with people she might perceive as being below her stature. Massively exaggerated as he believed it was. The OFPP was a commendable enterprise, one Team Galactic were happy to sponsor. But that didn't mean they were automatically on good terms. Not at all. This woman seemed stuck-up, full of herself and overconfident. And while he would extend her every courtesy, as he was obligated to do, behind his smile he found her presence suffocating. Like this ugly narrow cave.

"We are still comparatively close to the surface. The tunnels extend much deeper than this, but the only potential obstacles are wild Pokemon. They should not impede our progress if we are careful."

The air would only get more stale as they reached deeper, deep under the earth's crust, where the world buried the things it no longer needed. Fossils. Rocks. Civilizations. There was nothing he found interesting down here. Only a few fools who thought that the refuse of the world was something to be celebrated.

Because of them, he was stuck with this woman. Just one more ordeal to overcome before he could return home.

He hated their guts, their flawed, ugly organs. There was something wrong with them to drive them to do this wasteful thing. To try desperately to uncover a life the world had left behind. Their lives were so wasted. They'd thrown away their potential and looked away from the stars. Loathsome creatures they were. Yet, it made him upset to think that they were genetically human underneath their ignorance. There were some things science would never be able to explain.

Oh, God, what have I gotten myself into? Leia thought to herself, backing away slowly. The Solrock was pulling on the door, and Leia could tell it was powerful.

"If they could kill me so easily, why are you letting them out while I'm here?" Leia asked. She knew she should run, run far, far away to the camp and warn them, but she just couldn't find the strength to move her feet. Nervously laying her gun on the floor off the cave, Leia again reached into her bag. She pulled out a purple disk. Confuse Ray... That should buy me time, she thought and slotted the disk into the TM Driver on her left arm. She clipped the gun to her belt (though who knew how long it would last there), and one again reached into her bag to pull out a tiny piece of cloth, tied to make a bag.

She loosened the cloth and raised it above her head, ready to throw it down.

"Even though you say that, I will still try to fight," Leia said as bravely as she could, but even she could hear the waver in her voice.

It was only a few seconds after the Dark Pulse struck the door that Zrantox saw something rather interesting: something - he wasn't sure what - seemed to be pulling at the door, with the very likely intention of forcing it off its hinges (or whatever was sealing the door) and thus opening it for everyone inside the chamber.

"Forgotten, you say?" Zrantox said with a hint of smugness, "I think that there are those that still remember our presence here - unless you think the door is forcing itself open. Well, either way..."

The Dusknoir approached the door, clenching a hand into a fist even as it started to glow with sickly purple energy. Once he was close to the door, Zrantox punched the gateway with a ghost-energized fist.

I do not intend to be held here for any longer. Ready yourself,
humans.

Caith had been listening to the others talking, but he wasn't quite ready to respond yet. Nobody seemed to be looking in his direction, but he was fine with that. As soon as he remembered how to move around and use various attacks he'd get out. And then... he'd find another Trainer who could bring him to the one he lost however long ago it was that he had been sealed in this chamber. The one thing on the Throh's mind right now was to go back and find the Trainer whose name he never knew. He didn't know how to communicate with humans apart from following orders and attacks, so he couldn't have figured out what his Trainer's name was. He'd find him, though. As soon as he got out of this cold, dark place.

Caith's eyes could barely see in this darkness, but as he went over things in his mind he moved and stretched his body to get it used to moving again. There appeared to be some sort of force opening the door, by the sound of it, so he'd probably go out that way. It was the most logical thing to do.

As soon as I get outside, I'll find myself someone to stay with until I can find my real Trainer again.

I would have much preferred no fighting between humans and Pokemon., Sinar told the human, But if you refuse to run, then so be it.

Sinar stopped pulling on the door and instead went back to speaking with the Pokemon on the inside, I do not know if anybody else remembers your presence. I witnessed your burial within these depths.

Another bang on the door. It would probably give soon. Sinar floated backwards, away from the door, lest a stray bit of ghostly or dark energy hit it.

Len had unknowingly drifted off into sleep. And by the time he had awoken once more, a number of others had awoken again. It seemed that the ice had drifted off somewhere else, conversing with another spooky ghost. Well, it wasn't spooky to Len. Nonetheless, he stood up and stretched, leting out a large yawn that was most definitely audible. The dragon rubbed it's eyes, wondering what everyone was doing. He saw that some were already attempting to break out.

Reluctantly, he approached the Dusknoir and began to quetion, "Hey, what exactly is happening here? I see you're attempting to break out, but... OH, screw it. I just want to know what the plans are and why we're busting out so quickly. By the way, I'm Len, not that anyone should really care." The Garchomp then flinched at the sight of the ice- and ghost-type nearby. He visibly displayed his fear; the dragon was not ashamed to show emotions and the like. It seemed petty if appeared amazingly strong with a truck load of courage. Len coughed, then began to speak to the Froslass.

"Hey now. I'm not really looking for trouble, so just don't try to freeze me to death or something. Not really trying to offend you, but it's just a kind of phobia I have," he explained, fully aware that there was a good chance that the ice Pokemon would just ignore his annotations. Truthfully, he somewhat wished for that to occur. The atmosphere seemed tense without the assistance of any actual Pokemon interacting with him.

The dragon then releaed a blast of fire from his mouth in the same direction the Dusknoir before him had. Whatever the reason was for breaking out, Len gladly went along with it. The cave was not exactly cozy, and the dragon was itching to see the sky again, or at least the clouds or some sort of weather. The chamber felt uncomfortable, and the atmosphere was truly beginning to annoy him now. Once again, he fired a blast of fire, hoping to break out soon enough.

The Garchomp was deeply pondering about his trainer and what led up to his current situation. He clutched his Razor Fang.

"This is their natural habitat - you are mistaken if you think it does not belong here," was the flat reply, and she quickly lost interest in the Luxray. However, the Dusknoir was proving to be irrationally impatient, and seemed to be powerful enough to do damage, throwing energy at the door. Something was pulling on the other side - but not something human. Had the door been damaged? Was the structure flawed, and not as easy to open and unseal? There were many possibilities, most that she did not wish to consider. Something about this felt like... a trap, though she couldn't comprehend how. There was no reason for it, but somehow she did not feel as if a few days had passed, that the Champion was outside waiting for them.

If there was something wrong, though, surely a trainer would need assistance. That was enough of a duty for her to be content. Approaching the door, she examined it, noting the sudden lull as whatever had been pulling stopped. She was about to attack, weakening the metal with her own wings, when she felt the feathers shift, loose and impeding her movement.

She needed to rid herself of old wing casings, and badly, something that should not have been necessary if they had indeed been here for a few days. If she left them as they were, they would tear and weaken her attacks, but the new feathers would be slow to come in if she shed right now. Still, she could fight with such a hindrance. Ignoring the efforts of the Dusknoir, she sliced at the door with her wings, the impact followed by a loud clang! and then the clatter as her feathers, gleaming like blades, fell to the ground. Her wings looked dull beneath, the feathers stiff and no good for flight for the next few hours, but they would be good if all she had to do was fight. She was groundbound in here until they left the mountain, so there was no need to fret about that.

The whisper of a Psychic's voice entered her mind, and she reflexively flicked her wings up, but a look at those around told her that none of the other Pokemon had been the source. Then... it was from outside. And its words.... Some time had to have passed, something must have happened. The glorious plan repeated to her for over a week of preparation had fallen apart, if no one remembered that they were here. the Garchomp had also come forward to ty to break free, and she shifted slightly so as to not be in the line of fire, the heat providing more discomfort. He did not seem as... devious or inclined to plot as the Ghost-types, so she had little to fear. He would probably not attack her, and if he did, she was confident she would be able to survive, if not beat him.

She should have felt betrayed, but the Skarmory just accepted it. They had been left here, but they were alive. She would have another task, some sort of orders, because surely the Psychic was too strong to be a wild Pokemon, even in this place.

The thought of an alternative never crossed her mind, the world being neatly re-ordered into what she had been taught since birth.

Zrantox looked at the Garchomp, ever calm. "I cannot speak for the rest of these prisoners, but my plan is to break down this door-" he emphasized this by punching it again "-and escape. Once I have escaped, Garchomp, you could escape. And surely you desire freedom from this wretched chamber, don't you? That's the certain result if we were to escape from here - eternal freedom."

He didn't care what the dragon answered with. Whether or not it wanted to escape was irrelevant to Zrantox - what mattered to the Dusknoir is that he wanted to escape, the Skarmory that started bashing the gateway also seemed to want to escape, and if that pull on the outside was anything to go by, there was someone else out there that wanted that chamber open, and as long as they did not want to open the chamber to capture the prisoners, it could be assumed that they too desired for these pokemon to escape.

The Garchomp then starting blasting flames at the door, something which pleased Zrantox to no end - these fools were making his job all the less strenuous; this would allow him to conserve his strength for when he eventually got free.

Just a little longer, my brothers, Zrantox thought, punching at the door again, just a little longer and you'll be avenged.

"Well, I stand corrected." She muttered under her breath when she noticed the door being pulled open. Her first thoughts were that the humans hadn't forgotten about them, but no. Whatever was opening the door wasn't human. It seemed to be some psychic power. Nevertheless, something was opening the door for her, which was a good thing. It was moving rather slowly though...

But then, the large Garchomp interrupted her trail of thought. She was going to retaliate but... What she said amused her. Titress chuckled a little before replying.

"Don't worry, you should be fine..." She said. It was good to know that she had someone that would quickly be wound in her puppet strings. She didn't have a need for him now though. Right now, her priority was the door. The door between her and her freedom. She decided it would be a good idea to get in on the action. She formed a sphere of shadowy energy in her hands and then shot it at the door, hoping to force it open a little. She then formed another one and started repeatedly pelting the door with spheres of darkness.

It was all in vain, like she had thought before. Sadrapel stepped out from behind the pillar, Chora still in her mouth. She set the Purrloin down, and straightened herself up, trying to look as powerful and serious as possible.

"My name is Sadrapel," she said, her accent thick and deep. "This is my daughter, Chora." She tilted her head down at the kit, who was looking at the Sneasel with her mouth open in confusion. "I followed you here because I heard about the cave that held the sleeping Pokemon. I saw you enter one of the entrances. I decided to follow."

((Guh, sorry about the short post. I'm being rushed :())

The group was banging on the door. Well, not really the group. Only the dusknoir, froslass and some other draconic being (she didn't recognize the species, honestly) were doing that. Which was bad enough as it was. What was the point in getting out? The cave was just perfect as it was, and the crystals that had fell down from the ceiling and littered the ground just made it better. Grabbing a few handfuls of those while she was at it, Diamond collected her leftovers and sauntered (although it was a bit hard to saunter while your hands were piled full with gems) over to the group. She was going to voice her opinion on how stupid the whole ordeal was.

"I don't see why you're so eager to get out," the sableye commented to the dusknoir. "In my opinion, this cave is just lovely. I feel right at home here." To emphasize her point, Diamond plucked one crystal from the her horde and put it in her mouth, swallowing it with almost no chewing in about the manner one would use with a grape. "See?" she said. Grabbing three more to replace it (there were plenty on the floor), she repeated her opinion. "This place is great."

(( I cannot stick to my character concepts! Apparently this is the real Diamond. ))

Had Zrantox not been pummeling the doorway out of the chamber he would have punched that Sableye in the face. Did it actually believe that this chamber... this prison... was anything close to ideal? The Dusknoir slammed the door with another Shadow Punch, and his lone eye gave a look at the Sableye that was both condescending and disgusted.

"I do not know what sort of mental deficiency you have, Sableye," he grunted, punching the door again, "because if you take a look at the majority of the pokemon in here, they also want to be free of this place - they have no desire to remain sealed away forever. Do not assume that just because you eat gems that the rest of us do as well - I, for instance, do not eat and haven't done so in my entire existence. And this cave is far from being anything close to a home - all it is is a prison."

He punched the door again. "But that should in no way influence your own opinions. You can stay here and stuff yourself with crystals while the sane pokemon escape. If you're lucky, when the humans arrive, you will be so overfed that they won't look twice at you, Sableye."

A true idiot, he thought, punching the door yet again, who would choose to be trapped in this chamber?

Last edited:
"I apologize if my moves do little to no damage," Crystal said and flicked her tail. When she did 6 bright white stars came out and hit the door directly center. She dis a few more times. It wouldn't work too well due to her type, but it could be worse.
(Again short kind of busy)

Titress was enjoying this Dusknoir's presence more and more. She too sort of saw the room as a prison cell of sorts, a cell that some pitiful humans placed them in. She also decided he would make a powerful pawn. The Sableye, on the other hand, was a lazy creature that could have no place in her group. He would be a hindrance in the long run. The Skarmory looked to be lacking some sense of emotion, which would make him easy to manipulate. The Garchomp's fear of the cold would help too. Her team would be formed soon.

But, until then, she would have to keep going. Thankfully, an idea to break through the door occurred to her.

"Say, Dusknoir... If I were to hit the wall and erode it with a Blizzard, and you were to shatter it with a punch, we might be able to get through faster." Then, just to raise a little tension in the room, she added one more point. "Or, we could use that Sableye's diamond eyes and rock head to break it open..."

Though she would never be helpless, having freshly shed her feathers was as close as Nephtys would ever get. Hacking at the door served quite a few purposes: she could sharpen and strengthen her wings, quickening the return to full strength, listen in on the reasons the others had for trying to escape, and classify their outlook on the chambers and their purpose here. Though many were still asleep, the others were being quite vocal about their views. The Ghost-types in particular seemed to hold a scorn and hatred for humans, which explained why there were so intent on escaping. The others... seemed to also vary between pleased - the Sableye - neutral such as the Garchomp, and impatient like the Luxray.

She needed a purpose, and fighting them was counter-productive. She had existed, been trained for so long, simply to fight - there was nothing other than that. When they emerged from the chamber, she would surely find a human, find someone to give her orders. And if there were no trainers around, then...

She would overcome that obstacle if she needed to. Now, though, she hacked at the door again, causing an unpleasant screech of metal on metal.

--​

The door was now looking the worse for wear, covered with dents from the impact of so many attacks. Its demise, unlike the crystals, was slower and less dramatic, simply buckling in many places. It had been made to withstand attacks a century ago, and without any maintenance, and forgotten like the rest of the tunnels, it too succumbed to the weakness of age. Though still in one place, it sagged inward, glimpses of the corridor outside visible at the corners.

The attacks had not gone silent, the metal of the door not able to muffle the sounds completely. The vicious impact of energy, the roar of fire and the clang of the Skarmory's wings all echoed down the corridors, sure to disturb any wild Pokemon and catch the attention of those wandering inside.

Sherwood was here again - the forest clearing, the warm place he would meet his Lady in the spring. Flowering trees all around, the grass soft and new, the air fragrant and warm. Sherwood took a step closer to his Lady, his great hoof settling in the damp grass, and lowered his antlered head. She too stepped forward, barefoot and smiling, and held his head to her chest, stroking the brown velvet fur. She was warm against his face, her smooth arms around his head, her soft face pressed to the place between his antlers.

He lifted her off her feet slightly, toes dangling above the grass slightly, and his sweet Lady laughed happily, a sweet, musical sound to the Sawsbuck's ears. He carried her carefully to the stream nearby, placing her at the bank. She sat on one of the flat stones there and put her toes in the water, and he sat at her side, legs folded under him carefully. She rested her hand on his silky fur ruff, speaking her sweet words to him.

Then there was a loud, abrupt sound, the roaring of fire and clash of metal, and voices ringing out all around. The peaceful scene shattered, his Lady disappeared into the ether, and he was left on the cold hard ground, still in his sitting position.

A dream? Just a dream. Another one. So many dreams, and always of her, his sweet Lady, or his family. They always ended the way dreams are want to do - a soft swirl of black nothing winds through, then the vivid picture fades, then stillness, then silence. Left alone wondering where the fun went. So many years lost in the dreams, but Sherwood didn't know that - to him, it had been just a few days, maybe a year at most.

He remembered the training, the words he was told before he drifted away. A champion would come for them. And now he was awake, so did that mean they had come...? Sherwood opened his eyes slowly, and found himself staring into the vagueness of the room. Shapes and colours solidified, the room came into sharp focus once more. Sort of the opposite of his falling asleep.

The room was almost the same as it was wen he was put to sleep, but also different. Shards of crystal littered the floor, and there was a great commotion - the same that had woken him from his dream of his Lady. He surveyed the other Pokemon quietly, his head heavy but not enough so to make it hard to move. His antlers had grown very much while he slept, branching out behind him like great tree branches. The deer then got slowly to his hooves, standing to his full height of more than eight feet.

The door to the room was being attacked by many of the others, and he regarded them with mild annoyance and curiosity. The buck started to move towards them, hooves tapping on the floor.

"What's going on, then? Is this a test? To see if we are strong enough to free ourselves...?" His voice was slow and deliberate, deep and calm, though there was an edge of annoyance to his words. He spoke with purpose behind his voice.

Back
Top Bottom