• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Dreams of the Past

Zrantox nodded curtly at the Frosslass' suggestion. "I am fine with either suggestion - though I think more structural damage will be caused if we follow up the freezing by smashing in that fool Sableye's head - with the diamonds added, it would certainly be hard enough to smash the door in. In the meantime..." he punched a dent in the door, "I imagine that either way, this door cannot take much more abuse before it is completely destroyed," another punch, "our freedom will be imminent."

Then a new voice spoke up from behind Zrantox. whirling around, he saw that it came from a recently-awoken Sawsbuck, who seemed more curious than anything as to just what was happening in the chamber. Zrantox, of course, would be more than happy to give that answer.

"What we are doing is simple," he intoned, "this door is all that stands between the pokemon of this chamber and total, absolute freedom. If you would like to call it a test of how devoted we are to obtaining our freedom, then call it that. Or call it something else - I really do not care. But please, if you are willing and able to free us from this prison, then do not waste any more time."

With that, he threw yet another punch at the door.

Titress smiled. Good. The Dusknoir was appreciating her plans. If she could manage to "befriend" him, they would have nothing to worry about. Still, this door was the first priority. She was glad that some corners opened up, but that wasn't enough. She was glad to get to analyze another one of the Pokemon in the room, but he also seemed rather easy to manipulate. All she had to do was make something seem like a test.. But that wasn't the point. She stopped her Shadow Ball barrage and prepared to get ready.

"Now, Dusknoir, get out of the way now!" She yelled. Then, without any hesitation, she let a mass of cold air form in her chest and released it from her mouth. A huge blast of cold air, along with several frozen moisture molecules causing snow to come out as well. The blast collided with the door, causing it to start freezing over. Soon, the door would freeze as soon as possible, whether the Dusknoir was in the way or not. She did have to admit, the move was rather reckless, but they did want to get out of there desperately.

Rei hadn't heard the names of these Pokemon before, obviously, but she had never seen their species either. She opened her jaw to say something, probably to ask what kind of Pokemon they were, when some sort of noise began emanating from further down the corridor. She paused for a moment to listen to it. Odd... it was the sound of... metal scraping against metal. That was a little weird; hadn't the miners stopped digging through Mount Silver before Rei was even born? Her ear feather twitched with confusion, and her crimson eyes drifted up to the ceiling as she thought. But then what the cat-like Pokemon in front of her had said began to sink in, and the Sneasel asked suddenly, "Sleeping Pokemon?"

For a moment, she had to think about this, but of course, she had to do it aloud. "I never heard that there was anything down this tunnel. I just wanted to investigate why it was different than the others..." She seemed more docile right now since she was curious, but she might be angered easily. "So you say humans were digging down here at some point, not Pokemon?" She paused for another moment, and then something occurred to her. "So does that scraping mean that a Pokemon in there is awake?"

Rei stayed very still for a moment. Her instincts were kicking in... those classic fight-or-flight instincts that are always brought up in casual animal conversations. Something was telling her she needed to run, but her natural inquisitiveness was also pulling at her... She was being torn in two directions here, until she heard a variety of other things making an impact on the door. That convinced her well enough. "We need to get out of here," she growled, almost shivering, and began to make her way up the tunnel. She was still hesitant as she made her way back, though, and paused for a moment to turn around in case anything came out of the door...

"hmm well that door should come down now," Crystal said simply and walked next to it. She liked to 'breach and clear'. So when that door falls she will peak around to see what awaits. She hopes there were humans, she wants to kill it so bad.

That's it, she had totally turned corrupt. These humans turned her from a shy, and timid little girl, to a psychopathic and homocidal creature. She could 'lest call herself a pokemon anymore. She was a monster, and was gonna loss it. She slammed her tail on the floor in frustration and caused it to crack.

Zrantox was on the verge of throwing another punch when he heard the Frosslass' warning to back away from the door. He knew better than to follow up with his punch, of course - he'd seen enough results of contacting ice over the years, and even a ghost such as he was not invulnerable to the chilling effects. He immediately pulled back, and could have grinned when he realized that the door, once completely frozen over, would be shattered by an attack. Any attack.

The Dusknoir summoned more dark energy to his hands yet again, and turned his eye towards the other pokemon in the chamber. "This, my fellow prisoners, is the beginning of our freedom. Savor every last moment of it."

With that, he blasted the full-force dark energy straight at the frozen door.

Sinar weighed various things through it's mind. The door had a crack in it now, a widening seam through which it could see the flashes of energy that were assaulting the door, and brief glimpses of the Pokemon inside. Opening it now, the ghosts inside would surely kill the human standing nearby, based on what Sinar could gather. At the same time, Sinar was definitely not ready to defend a hapless human from any number of Pokemon with an advantage against it.

Sinar floated to the side, in front of the human, and told her, This is your last chance to escape.

Then Sinar told as many of the now awakened Pokemon as possible, You are relics of a time, from the viewpoint of most, long past. I believe you will not be greeted well by humans now. However, you were all the strongest of your kind, I trust no human can hurt you.

Glowing blue again, Sinar tugged at a corner of the door. Cold seeped out of the corners, which was also worrying in case of a hostile encounter. It was now curious as to what these Pokemon had to say, think, or feel. However, at least two of them were bent on making a mess of this world by killing humans on site. That could be problematic.

There was a sharp, brittle sound, the door's surface riddled with cracks as the ice covered it completely. Frost crept onto the corners hanging off, finding every crevice and weakening it further. And with that final blow, the door fell apart, crashing to the ground. The impact caused more echoes, and the futile attack on the floor, though it did little damage, caused an ominous rumble. Age had weakened many of the corridors, and the tunnels were nested deep in the mountain. Rockslides, blocked paths and sudden shifts - all of these were common enough, and bound to increase if the inhabitants kept pounding on the walls and floor.

The remnants of the door had fallen inward, at the most striking a glancing blow on an unwary Pokemon beneath them as they fell.

Beyond the door were tunnels, gleaming metal obscured by lichen or dented by unknown forces, stretching out to the left and right and then both turning sharply, out of sight. A discreet box of some sort, marked with a lightning bolt, was tucked into a niche near the doorway.

--​

Nephtys flinched reflexively, wings fanning as if to fly - but they were too stiff and she just turned to regard the Luxray, eyes void of anger. The impact of the other's tail had not done much, but the chamber seemed... less sturdy than she might have imagined.

Besides, the Solrock was of much greater interest. She tilted her head, peering outside and then slowly taking the first steps to reach the corridors, looking both ways as if expecting to see a difference. "There were lights, before," she remarked, and then turned to face the Psychic-type. "You say we are relics. How much time have we spent sleeping?" She really had no interest in the question, other than as another fact to keep in mind. There was a human nearby, but she didn't look like a trainer - she did not have the same stance, did not hold herself comfortably. Perhaps she was new, or afraid.

There was a blatant indifference in how she looked around. The tunnels were just that, tunnels; cramped and horrible to fly in. Poor combat conditions, lacking in light natural or otherwise, and probably rough and damaged in many areas. She didn't ]i]like[/i] them and the idea of getting out was appealing, though she found the melodramatics of the Dusknoir really rather irrational. Freedom, at the moment, seemed about as dull as the sleeping chambers, though she supposed a Ghost-type could simply phase through the walls and emerge outside.

((Shadow, given your character has just slept for almost a hundred years, having her be able to crack the floor of a metal, high-tech chamber is kind of unlikely. :/))

Sadrapel cocked her head to the side as she saw the Sneasel twitch her ear. She herself paused for a second, and the Purrloin next to her mimicked her. Not that she liked to speak out anyway.

There was some scratching metallic noise. She perked up a bit. She had only arrived to Mount Silver the night before, part of the reason why she was sleeping during the daytime. Little Chora needed the rest. At least they both got a couple of hours of sleep, even though for her it was cut off short by the occurring nightmare. But anyway, back to the point.

She couldn't help but have her mouth twitch into a smile. Were the rumors true? Was this what she was really waiting for? Then the Sneasel started talking again, breaking her concentration.

"The Sleepers. From what I've heard, they are Pokemon that have been, well... sleeping. Comatose, even. But that's all I know other than the fact that they're in this mountain," she said. "I did not say anything about the humans. But maybe the Sleepers are awakening." Right on time, she thought.

She turned to the door that she had just noticed, ignoring the Sneasel's warning, and padded up to the door. She left her little Chora a few steps behind her, though, just in case anything went wrong. She sniffed the metal door cautiously.

The moment the door fell to pieces, Zrantox could have cheered and gave praise to Giratina he was so joyful. After all this time of being chained down, there was no longer a human to order him to do what the human wanted, no longer a human to enslave him, no longer-

Wait...

Waiting outside the chamber were two beings that Zrantox could see: a Solrock, floating stoically (no doubt the same Solrock that had telepathed him during his attacks on the door) and... and a human. A disgusting human.

Instinct of death told the Dusknoir to attack the human now, but that nagging voice of doubt in the back of his mind said otherwise - the Solrock's prescence indicated that this human already had at least one pokemon on her person, and if she had more, a consequence of Zrantox's direct attack could be fatal for him, not to mention what these... brainwashed fools that were also in the chamber would do if he went on an all-out attack against her.

No, going on the offensive now would be far too risky. Zrantox merely contended himself with a brief glare of utter contempt and wrath at the human, before turning his eye to the Solrock.

"You mentioned while I was in that chamber that I and these others were... relics of a forgotten past - that our presence was neither remembered nor would be accepted well. Tell me... just what happened during or confinement that caused such an incident?"

If no one remembers us... that means no one remembers me. And if no one remembers me... they really will have no way of realizing just how much danger they are in.

This is working out all too well.

Titress let out a laugh as soon as the door shattered. Finally, she could realize her goal. The human she saw outside the door was tempting to kill, but she had to agree with the Dusknoir before her. The fact he ignored her said that the human could be dangerous. Also, she wasn't even sure if she was back to her full power. For now, she would have to satisfy herself by hanging around the Dusknoir and maybe discovering his goal. After all, maybe their goals were similar enough to make them a team.

Or make him a worthy servant.

She chuckled a little as she looked over to the others in the chamber who had seemed to not be making an action, but the attention seemed to be aimed at this Solrock... She didn't want to speak now, but instead, she decided she would wait for the Dusknoir to finish, then she would help him.

(I thought the floor was made of stone, sorry guess I didn't read into the structure enough. So scratch that, I just slammed it on the floor that is all.)

Crystal peered around the corner. Then she saw a human, and what she assumed was her Solrock. She smirked at the human, she hadn't seen one in so long. If not for that solrock she would have attacked.

"You!" She snarled but also laughed,"You are the champion, wow did everyone else get disqualified."

Was this really the champion, this girl. It was absurd, she didn't look worthy. But then again, she obviously got down here, maybe there was hope.

Leia was surprised she didn't just faint. She did black out a moment, and, considering, that was pretty damn dignified.

But you can't blame her, because you too would be as scared if you were told that the Pokémon that had just blasted through the door could easily kill her. She reminded herself that she should just run away, screaming like a little girl, but her brain and her feet did not seem to be on speaking terms today.

They were all trying to talk, but unlike the Solrock, they did not seem to be able to use telepathy. "Um, hey, Mr. Solrock, what are they saying to us?" she asked.

She did not like the way she was being looked over, and she definitely knew she would have to get very lucky with her Confuse Ray to even have an once of a chance.

More and more, she hoped that the Solrock would stop playing "The Balance of Good and Evil" and start helping her if she got attacked.

But judging by the aloof way it acted and how old it said it was, Leia didn't hold on to much hope.

Last edited:
As the sound of the impacts on the door grew louder, Rei flinched away. She was good at fighting, but at the same time, she didn't know how strong these Pokemon would be. She knew that the Pokemon on the outside of the mountain were at about her skill level, but what would happen if these ones who were sleeping were a much higher level? The Sneasel knew that sometimes, the deeper one goes into a cave, the stronger the Pokemon he or she finds. And although Rei knew that these Pokemon were probably very strong, she also had a powerful curiosity that was just nagging at her...

The Sneasel was unsure, but she poised herself ready to fight. She was still not in sight of the door that had broken; instead she was a little down the forked passageway, not visible, but listening for any footsteps that would signal an emerging Pokemon. With her claws ready, she took a deep breath, trying not to lose focus. She would have to defend herself. Of course, it would be funny if these "comatose" Pokemon were really small and weak, but she doubted it. They had to have power to break down the door like that...

"Are you scared?" Crystal roared down the hall, her advanced vision let her see the approaching Sneasel,"Why so tense Sneasel."

She hoped this made two things clear. One was that she was pissed off. She had been locked in that cell for far too long by the looks of things. She was free and she wanted to terrorize those humans.

The second was that she was not afraid. Her hope was that the sneasel, if weak, would be scared off by the fact that she could see it before it was visible to everyone. And also if it was strong it would be a good ally to have along with the rest that were locked in that chamber.

Rei stiffened as she heard a deep but feminine voice call from somewhere down the tunnel, probably from where the door was. She lifted her right hand higher, narrowing her eyes and grinding her teeth as she thought for just a moment. She had just thought to herself whether to confront these other Pokemon. They sounded like they could be pretty strong, but the way the deep-voiced thing talked to her, it sounded like it was just full of talk. For a moment the Sneasel wondered how the deep-voiced female Pokemon could see her, but she would soon discover that it was a Luxray.

The Dark-type, accustomed to the murkiness of the cave by now, emerged from behind the wall with her crimson eyes glowing. "Of course not!" she replied. Though her voice was higher than the Luxray's because she was smaller than it, it contained the same ferocity, if not more. She was not afraid, no way! She noticed that there were other Pokemon behind the Luxray, even one that appeared to be a steel bird, which Rei was weak to, but the Sneasel didn't falter, and she held a claw up in case she needed to attack. Gradually she lowered it a little, but she didn't let her guard down. "I was wondering why the tunnels seemed so smooth and unnatural," Rei told them, still in a careful growling voice. "So did humans dig this tunnel?" As she talked, her eyes scanned the group a second time. There was a brownish ghost-looking thing with some yellow markings, and a singular, glowing red eye near the top of its body; there was also the steel bird that Rei had thought of earlier. She thought she had seen this kind of Pokemon flying once, and though the wing feathers of this steel bird looked slightly different, it still had the same advantageous typing. Rei would have to be cautious. She couldn't show any fear.

Last edited:
"Well, looks like you proved a few things to me just now sneasel," Crystal said a wide grin spreading across her face,"as for the tunnels, I could only guess those humans built it so that they knew where to go. Ha but I guess it failed." there was still anger in her voice, but also a sarcastic feel to it. She figured if she lightened up, then maybe the sneasel will to.

The sneasel was still on it's guard, why though. Did she think they would randomly kill her. That though was in her mind but the actions of the sneasel showed she may be of use. She could proved to be an admirable ally, or possibly a formidable enemy. But then again, Crystal knew fire fang, a very good type advantage.

"Are you scared?"

Sadrapel hissed at the feminine voice, scrambling back to her hatchling. She picked Chora put in her mouth as the Purrloin let out a pathetic meow, and turned back around to the voice. She was on edge, purple fur up, beady green eyes narrowed.

She looked all around, trying to pick out eyes glowing in the darkness or a shadow that appeared out of place. She found none. That creeped her out even more. But she wasn't worried about her safety. She was more worried about Chora's.

"What do you want with us? Where are you," the mother hissed through a mouthful of fur. Sensing her mother's fear - yes, Sadrapel admitted it, she was somewhat scared - Chora started to mewl in dismay.

"Are you one of... One of the Sleepers?"

This byplay between the Sneasel and the Luxray hadn't been missed by Zrantox. That Luxray, arrogant as it was, had already managed to smoke out the Sneasel, and informed it of how these tunnels were not in fact natural formations. None of this really mattered to the Dusknoir in the long run - the Luxray gave no signs of being a potential ally like that Frosslass, and the Sneasel seemed to be wild - Zrantox had no real quarrel with a wild pokemon, so long as it didn't consider itself an ally of humans.

On the other hand, the fact that it was wild meant that Zrantox might well be able to convince it to join his "crusade." With the number of enemies of pokemon likely high, the Dusknoir had the feeling that any ally he would have would be helpful.

"These tunnels," he started, slowly, "were indeed built by humans, and done so for the purpose of imprisoning us. At some point long ago, when that sport known as pokemon training was prominent, all of us that just emerged from the chamber were among the strongest of pokemon that were captured. Because of this - because of how much our power was feared by the humans - we were imprisoned down here for indefinite time - whether it was until a human that had the gall to try and tame us found us, or whether it was because we were feared so much by the humans that we were imprisoned for all time, well... even I couldn't say such a thing."

"Yes my dear purrlion I am a sleeper, but don't worry I have no quarrel with you," Crystal said,"All I care about is getting back on the humans who have grapes me here."

She didn't cars for that purrlion, though a dark type is nice to have along in a group. She reLly wanted to stay with that dusknoir, since it seemed to despise humans also.

The sounds of pounding echoed through the halls of the mountain like a relentless drumming, sending a shiver of anticipation down Prospero's spine. It was erratic, uncoordinated, not the kind of noise made by ordinary mining equipment. Shooting his charge a glance, he felt compelled to quicken his pace. Anxious that time was ticking, each successive echo growing louder than the last, gaining in momentum and intensity.

And then, he heard something slam.

Breaking into a run now, heedless of his partner, his hand reached for his belt, grasping his pistol and swiping it out of it's sheath in one fluid motion. His boots bouncing off the rocks as he maneuvered his way through the partially obstructed tunnels with the maximum amount of speed and efficiency available to him. The marking on his chest flashing once more - before it could make any noise, he pressed his ungloved hand to it and twisted, cutting off the signal before contact could be established. His superiors could afford to wait until he had uncovered the source of the seismic disturbance; which was no doubt the very reason they were calling in the first place.

Approaching a corner, he slowed to a staggering halt and peeked an eye around to gaze beyond, finding himself in another long archway with a faint glowing light at the end illuminating the silhouettes of several figures. One of them was a human female. From the look of her, one of the foolish diggers he'd been sent to impede. She was standing in front of a colossal gateway that seemed to have fallen in on itself, as though it had been attacked from the other side. An enigma in itself, but not for long.

Pokemon. And quite an eclectic mix of types, too, were emerging through the now open gate out of a strange chamber. Their stares menacing, it seemed plausible that they the cause. But why? What were they doing at this depth?

A glance was all it took to determine that the Pokemon weren't native. Luxray, Froslass, Dusknoir and Garchomp were Pokemon from his home region, and thus stood out to him immediately. And even if he were to ignore the question of habitat; what were so many Pokemon doing groped together underground? So many questions, and no forthcoming answers. His superiors would not be pleased if he could not explain the mysterious goings on here.

The girl would know. Yes. The girl - she was a witness.

She would know what was going on here. She might even be the one who'd caused it to happen. Regardless, she would need to be escorted alive back to the surface, where she could be taken into protective custody. Given the way the Pokemon were looking her up and down, sizing her up, he figured that she would prefer his way to being eaten. How long had it been, he wondered, since these Pokemon had last been fed?

Back
Top Bottom