• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed End of an Era

Okay, the plot is this:

50 years ago, various legendary Pokemon began to persecute humans, and the Pokemon began to persist that they were meant to be the dominant species. This developed into a full-fledged war, leaving few human survivors.

Now it is the present day. Now, Pokemon have developed the ability to speak like humans. Humans are nearly extinct, with only 1000 humans left on earth, and they are rapidly dying out and being killed by Pokemon. However, not all Pokemon are bad. Some have joined with the humans to help end the madness. Some Legendary Pokemon have even come to assist the humans, however, legendary Pokemon such as Darkrai, Mewtwo, Deoxys, and others are dedicated to wiping the human race from the face of the earth.

You: Now comes your role in this. You can choose to be either a Pokemon, or a human. You are a part of the Resistance (Excuse the bad name) located in Johto, containing 243 human members.

Name: Everett
Appearance: Everett is medium height, and has dirty blonde hair that reaches the top of his ears. He appears sometimes to be somewhat younger than seventeen.
Personality: Everett is a person that is a natural born leader. He tends to be arrogant on occaisons. He has a good sense of humour.
History: Everett's parents were killed only days after he was born. He was raised by his aunt for most of his life until she too was killed when Everett was 13. He took to raising Pokemon to protect him. He is a high-profile member of the resistance.
Pokemon: Lv 52 Victreebel; Lv 47 Mothim; Lv 46 Wormadam (Steel); Lv 50 Aggron; Lv 45 Skarmory

This is now closed.

Last edited:
Name: Coraline
Species: Umbreon
Level: 46
Anything to distinguish Pokemon (optional): Always wears a blue scarf around her neck.
Personality: She is sarcastic and a little mean sometimes, but is really good and protective of friends. She is usually sleepy, and ends up saying strange things when she's tired.
History: She grew up in Ilix Forest with her family. When they were killed in the fighting, Coraline joined the Resistance.
Moves: Toxic, Confuse Ray, Dark Pulse, Rest, Taunt, Mean Look, Moonlight, Attract, Substitute.

Kay, this sounds fun:

Name: Hippocampus (goes by Camp sometimes).
Species: Slowking.
Level: 43.
Anything to distinguish Pokemon (optional): His head-jewel is dark blue, his eyes are the same color as the jewel. His shell is darker than usual, and he usually carries a large backpack.
Personality: He is slightly annoying, and angers easily. He likes arguing, but is otherwise calm.
History: As a Slowpoke, he had a vague idea that someone was doing something he should get away from. He fell into a river, and was bitten by a Shellder on his head. He washed up near the resistance, and has since joined.
Moves: Water Pulse, Psychic, Yawn, Mimic.

Name: Taliba
Species: Togepi
Level: 3
Anything to distinguish Pokemon(optional): It has a black shell, but still with the regular red and blue markings.
Personality: Follows her friends around nonstop, can be crank, cries a lot(she's a baby!), kind, says random things, she's a challenge to control
History: She was abanded by her trainer the moment she hatched, thinking she was useless. Was wandering around crying when she found the Resistance.
Moves: Metronome, Harden

Name: Crystal
Species: Abomasnow
Level: 26
Anything to distinguish Pokemon: She's a shiny, so she has blue where green would be.
Personality: She classifies herself as fluffy. She is social and loves to be around humans. Her favorite move is GrassWhistle because she "can be creative with noise." She also likes the sound of GrassWhistle.
Crystal is protective of the humans because she is determined not to let them die out. She believes there is good in the hearts of all humans even though some don't pay attention to it.
History: She was a Snover when she was caught by a very friendly Trainer. Her Trainer took very good care of her and battled until she evolved. Then, the Trainer was killed in the war and Crystal joined the Resistance because of her loneliness and determination.
Moves: Razor Leaf, Ice Punch, Ice Shard, GrassWhistle

Name:Shadow
Species:Weavile
Level:57
Anything to distinguish Pokemon: The bead on his forehead was died black to show his allegience (I don't think I spelled that right) to the evil legendaries.
Personality: When he was evil he was cruel and harsh. Now that he has joined the Resistance though, he has had a change of heart. He now works for the good of all Pokemon and humans and is much more kind despite his dark appearance. Although he is for the most part a kind Pokemon, he is also very sarcastic and can sometimes be quite rude. Also, he is ashamed of the black bead on his forehead, because it reminds him of his past.
History: Shadow first was on the evil legendaries side. Being a high consecutive for the evil legendaries, he was on a top secret mission when the Resistance foiled his plans. In a last effort to save his life he joined the Resistance. He now works as a spy for the Resistance, and has been demoted by the evil legendaries for his failure in his mission. Although he does not have as much power with the evil legendaries he supplies the Resistance with some important information.
Moves:Night slash, Dark Pulse, Blizzard, and Ice Beam.

Last edited:
Name: Kullenius
Species: Espeon
Level: 49
Anything to distinguish Pokemon: A red ribbon is tied to his tail between the base of it and where it forks.
Personality: He has a quiet, sagelike aura to him, and speaks softly. A bit off-putting to anyone who is a loud, social type, he protects those he cares about, but isn't particularly argumentive, nor is he willing to resort to violence most of the time.
History: Living his early life on the streets of Saffron City, Kullenius was taken in by a caring old lady, who raised him until he evolved into an Espeon. They boarded the tram on a regular shopping excursion to Goldenrod, when his owner was killed instantly by an energy blast. He ran off, wandering until he found the Resistance.
Moves: Sunny Day, Psychic, Swift, Grass Knot, Light Screen, Psybeam

Name: Jasmine
Appearance: Jasmine is a bit on the tall side, but not very much. She has long, auburn hair that is usually up in a ponytail. She also has light brown eyes and always wears pink-framed glasses over them unless she is asleep or can't wear them for some other reason. Without her glasses on, everything more than a foot away from her is too blurry for her to see any details on it.
Personality: The most outstanding feature of Jasmine is her intelligence--she's very smart. On the downside, though, she's overly logical and a bit lacking in social skills and tact. She's also very practical and refuses to take any route she deems impractical through a situation, unless she has no other choice.
History: Jasmine and her family managed to live a relatively peaceful (although still rather violent, considering the war) life until she was fifteen--a factor that she believes contributed to her intelligence. However, at that age, Jasmine's parents left their child in order to keep themselves alive, and she had to fend for herself. Taking a logical way out, Jasmine befriended the first person she met--a friendly Zubat. She then lived with that Zubat (who persuaded a few more pokémon to join their little group) for five years before she discovered the Resistance. She has been a part of it since then.
Pokemon: Anha the Crobat (Lv 57); Melodia the Lapras (Lv 26); Mewt the Glameow (Lv 34); Eru the Charizard (Lv 48); Mor the Kadabra (Lv 46); Sciceiar the Froslass (Lv 53)

Application for Pokemon
Name: Erindor (Obviously. I need to change my standard application.)
Species: Espeon. (I need to change that too.)
Level: 50
Anything to distinguish Pokemon (optional): Uhh... Not really... Um... Uses blue? psychic energy as opposed to purple.
Personality: Like all Espeons, Erindor is Mysterious. He also is friendly to those he knows, while a bit cold to others.
History: Erindor wanted to help the humans, despite what his friends thought. He eventually left them, thinking that they where too speciest. (I'll edit this later, but my mom is kicking me off.)
Moves: Psychic, Return, Psybeam, Morning Sun, Confusion, Quick Attack, Swift, Strength, Bite, Metronome

(I'll make this better. I have to get off though.)

Okay, you're all accepted. Applications are now closed. (Wow, lot's of Pokemon applications) I'll start it now then:

---------

The Goldenrod city hall was packed. Every member of the Resistance, Pokemon and human alike had gathered. Many were standing, some were sitting, and the Pokemon that could were flying. There was breaking news apparantly. Everett sat in the second row of seats, waiting impatiently for the meeting to begin. Finally, a short, stout man entered the stage and walked to the podium. It took a few minutes for everything to settle down. Finally, the Leader of the Resistance spoke.

"Hello fellow humans and Pokemon in the Resistance," he began in an obviously fake happy tone. "I have some breaking news left to report to you." He paused, probably for suspense. The Leader was like that sometimes. "Our Hoenn Resistance members, located in Fortree City, numbering to 276 humans and 412 Pokemon have been attacked." Upon saying this, the crowd began to buzz with activity again, everyone asking each other how it could have happened. "Let me finish!" the Leader shouted. Everyone quieted down. "Unfortunately, it has been reported to us that only 5 humans and 18 Pokemon survived. Others have either been captured or killed." Instead of noise of speculation as was normally expected, there was complete silence.

Last edited:
Camp's jewel flashed with an angry light. All of those poor Pokemon and Humans, dead or torn away from their families. Through his psychic powers, he felt the pain and anger bounding over his mental link. He would have a hand in stopping those evil Pokemon, that much was certain.

Coroline blinked.
Six hundred and sixty five dead. That's horrible!
The Umbreon stood up and called out,
"Who exactly attacked them?"

((Ten bucks if you can guess where her name comes from~!))

Last edited:
Shadow was leaned up against a wall in the back. He wasn't surprised at how many were dead or captured. He knew what his old masters were capable of.

He felt for those Pokemon though. Shadow rubbed his forehead and the black bead in the middle of it. He was just glad he was no longer part of those murders. An Umbreon stood up and asked who attacked them.

Shadow had a pretty good idea of who it was, but he said nothing.

Kullenius sat and listened. There's wasn't that much to listen to, not even the catastrophe at Fortree. It wasn't shocking at this point, per se, but it was sad nonetheless. An Umbroen, of all species, raised the question of who was behind this. Kullenius had at least a good idea who, and suspected many others thought the same.

((Because I'm bored, I'll say where her name comes from. There's this book I really liked a long time ago call Coraline, and it was this freakish creepy story about... creepy stuff. Gave me nightmares when I was little.:sweatdrop:))
The Umbreon realized how stupid she sounded.
"Who specifically..? Um..crap.
She jumped down onto the floor and turned the area around her dark, to become invisible.
I'm stupid. Ugh, everything I say isn't what I mean when I'm tired. Which is always. Grr!

Last edited:
Jasmine fiddled with her glasses, thinking.

She wasn't particulary sad or angry at the news, but she frowned a bit at it. It was definitely not good news. There had been more Resistance members in Hoenn than there were in Johto, and more were killed or captured there than lived here as well. It was a worrisome thought, as it made the reality of death just a bit more real from where she was standing.

But it was logical news, as Jasmine knew--this was war. People died. People were captured. Those were the consequences of fighting in a war.

Jasmine saw someone stand up from the corner of her eye and glanced over in that direction. It was an Umbreon, a somewhat familiar one, and she was asking something. She apparently wanted to know who had attacked Hoenn, but she seemed to appear a bit embarrased about asking the question, as she jumped down soon after posing it.

That was a logical question, though, Jasmine thought. Knowing who your enemies were helped when planning how to act against them. And it was likely that it could be graced with an answer--after all, some people did survive, and the Johto Resistance had gotten the news of what had happened in Hoenn--it was rather likely that Johto knew of the perpetrator.

Jasmine kept her silence and awaited the answer.

((I believe they're making Coraline into a movie))

The Leader stared for a few moments at the Umbreon who asked the question of who attacked Hoenn, before answering. "Darkrai personally led this attack. The attack was massive, it was a total of 683 people and Pokemon against 3000 pokemon." Upon saying this, the crowd began to talk again. Everett waited a few minutes, and then the leader spoke up again. "We believe that there may have been a leak of information. Because of this, the remaining three resistance areas will be moving to another location. We believe that Slowpoke Well would fit to our needs.

"The Hoenn survivors are currently being transferred here to join us within a day. We will begin to pack up for the move today. If there are any questions refer to one of the commanders. That will be all. Meeting dismissed." He walked away from the podium and everyone got up out of their seats and the chatter arose yet again. It was ended moments later from a scream in the front row. Everyone nearby turned to see what had happened.

On the stage, the Leader had collapsed, with a knife in his chest.

Back
Top Bottom