• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed End of an Era

((I know! And isn't it going to be stop-motion or something? February of next year, I think.))
The Umbreon shuddered.
Oh, crap. Darkrai?
As they were leaving, there was a scream. Coroline looked. Leader was on the floor, stabbed with a knife.
HOLY CRAP!
The Umbreon went as fast as possible to the front row. She sniffed his face and looked at the knife. If she tried to get it out, she'd only make it worse. But she was pretty certain he was dead. She remembered everyone else.
"Uh, humans! Help! ...."

((Yeah, stop motion in February with...Dakota Fanning *Dramatic background music*))

Everett ran over to where the Umbreon was to check the Leader's pulse. He waited. And waited. Nothing.

"He's dead!" Everett shouted over the crowd.

Shadow was surprised to hear that Darkrai personally led the attack. Darkrai never got of his lousy throne to go fight. Shadow wondered why this time Darkrai actually fought.

Shadow looked down at his claws for a moment but he was drawn away from them immediately by a scream.

On stage the leader was down, with a knife stuck in him. The Umbreon that had asked the question earlier ran over. One of the trainers, Everett, ran over as well. Shadow knew Everett but not well. Just enough to know his name.

Shadow was starting to get some dirty looks; he probably should leave. He realized that whoever did this was getting away. He bolted for the door. Hastily he told a random Pokemon, a Slowking, that he was going after the Pokemon that did this. He didn't want people to get the wrong idea.

After alerting the crowd of the death of the Leader, Everett noticed Shadow, a Weavile who had been in affiliation with Darkrai previously before joining the resistance, leaving the building.

"Someone get that Weavile!" he hastily shouted. He had a feeling that Shadow had something to do with the killing.

Coroline followed Everett and stood on her hind paws and poked him with her head.
"Uh, I don't think he did anything."

Everett turned and stared at the Umbreon next to him.

"For your information, Shadow used to work under Darkrai. It's likely that he's the one who leaked the information. He's probably a double agent," Everett responded.

Shadow left the building and sniffed the air. He glanced around and thought he saw something in the distance. He was about to run off when a Machoke and Blastoise grabbed him from behind and dragged him back into the building.

They turned him around while still holding him tightly.

Shadow looked Everett in the eyes. "I didn't do it." He said calmly. "I was searching for the Pokemon that did. I told a Pokemon." He looked around for the Slowking but couldn't see him in the crowd. "Have I ever given you a reason not to trust me? I have given the Resistance crucial information before saving countless people in the process." Shadow thought he had a good arguement.

Coroline snorted.
"I know he used to."
After hearing Shadow, she looked up at Everett.
"See? Told you so."

Kullenius was about ready to trip the Weavile up, when he was stopped by a Machoke and Blastoise. At this point, he decided to hear Shadow out, and added afterwards, "I think he's alright unless you can show us proof that this one has done bad."

Crystal listened to the meeting. Many had been killed, human and Pokemon alike.
Then, she realised that the Leader was dead. Everyone thought that Shadow had something to do with it, but Crystal left that to Everett and Coroline.
Silence, she thought in her mind, and at the same time to the crowd. She began to breathe in to play a GrassWhistle. She had learned how to play many different tunes and a few different sounds with it. Right now was a melody that was soothing, but not so much that everyone fell asleep. Beautiful notes came from the blade, and Crystal just liked to hear herself play. Even she was soothed as the music's soft noise floated into her ears.

Shadow got up slowly and rubbed his arms after the Machoke and Blastoise let him go.

"Now that we have let the murderer go, we have something else to decide. Who's going to be the leader?" Several murmers of people and Pokemon's names were heard throughout the crowd.

"I suggest that we have a Pokemon leader from now on. We wouldn't want to lose any more precious humans now would we?"

Shadow glared at Everett. He always contradicted him. Shadow could tell that he didn't trust him. He wanted to be trusted more but not at the expense of being a pushover.

He decided to let Everett have his way this time though. "Fine. I think that might be a good idea."

Shadow looked around. Everyone was staring at he and Everett. He did not like being the center of attention.

"I have to leave now anyway. I'm expected to show up for a meeting with the Pokemon taking my rank in Darkrai's army. Maybe I can find out who killed the leader too." He turned and headed for the door. "I'll be back as soon as I can." And with that he left the building.

Kullenius watched as Shadow took his leave. He looked around. Many were still confused as to just what was going on. He spoke up, "So, how do we pick a new leader? Who should this new leader be?"

Crystal stopped playing her GrassWhistle. She dropped her hands turned to Kullenius and slightly tilted her head. "Pick a new leader? Oh, I remember now. Um, I actually don't have a clue. Who would the last Leader choose? That would be a good place to start." She kept her eyes fixed on Kullenius with a look that said "I am paying attention" and turned back to her original stance. Crystal played a different melody on her GrassWhistle now, more like one that didn't have any effects on anyone else beside the fact that you could listen to it.

Shadow ran up the mainstreet of Goldenrod, through the trees and into Ecruteak. From there he ran east, through Mt. Morter, he knew the path well. Soon he was on Route 42. He rushed through Mahogany town and up through Route 43. He stopped at the Lake of Rage.

The Lage of Rage had been abandoned ever since Darkrai took it over as his own personal base. Not even Pokemon dared to go near it that weren't on Darkrai's side.

Shadow moved a extremely large boulder next to the lake with a Dark Pulse to reveal a secret tunnel. An alarmed Scyther rushed out of the tunnel, ready to attack. He took a look at Shadow and lowered his defenses.

"You're late. And knock next time. This isn't your house. This is a professional hideout."

"Whatever. Take me to Drapion."

The two Pokemon entered the tunnel and Scyther told a few underlings to move the boulder over the tunnel again. The two Pokemon soon found themselves in total darkness.

Everything was silent in the town hall. It was either everyone there was trying to think of a good candidate, or waiting for someone to speak up. Finally, one of the leader's guards ran up to the podium to speak.

"Everyone, listen!" he said as if the entire crowd was talking amoungst themselves. "There's bad news-"

"The Leader's dead? We know already!" a Beedrill in the back row said. The guard shot her a glare.

"No; we have lost contact with our other bases," the guard said nervously. The were many gasps from the crowd and they began to talk amoungst themselves. "Now listen!" the guard said, causing everyone to stop talking. "We don't know if it is because they have been attacked, or if it is just a communication error, however we feel that we should scout this out. We will be sending groups of nine throughout Johto and Kanto to scout out new bases, possible locations of enemies, and if there are any survivors of the possible attacks. We will send a group of 200 to Sinnoh; 100 Pokemon, 100 humans; and they will do the same there. These are dangerous times folks." The crowd began to buzz with activity again. "Listen up, one more time people," the guard said adamantly. "We will give a list of the 200 going to Sinnoh later, however we will announce the smaller groups now."

Everett hoped he would be going to Sinnoh; he'd never been there before. He wouldn't mind staying in Johto or going to Kanto, since he knew the areas well.

"The first group will be going to scout out the Kanto base, and see if there are any survivors. The group is of Everett, Coraline, Hippocampus, Taliba, Crystal, Shadow, Kullenius, Jasmine, and Erindor."

Crystal stopped playing the GrassWhistle as a guard stepped up to the podium. She listened to the news, like the fact that they had lost contact with other bases. Then, she heard her name called to scout the Kanto base. She began to get excited and hyper, but she quietly played the GrassWhislte to herself to calm down. This only lasted for a couple of seconds. Then, she focused her attention back to the guard at the podium. He would probably say if the group should come forward.

Shadow rushed back through cities and towns. He ran through the streets of Goldenrod and into the Resistance building. Just in time to hear his name announced for something.

"What the heck is this for?" He said to himself. Whatever it was it seemed important so he stood back and waited to learn what it was about. He wondered if a new leader had been decided.

Back
Top Bottom