• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fandom Mafia 4 [Game]

What do you mean, the Babahl Embassy twitter feed hasn't been posted in for like two weeks? I'm pretty sure I told Manny to keep posting while I- wait, Manny did what?

(Sorry for the reduced activity! I was traveling and then I was busy. It's not that I couldn't post, per se, but it's definitely that I didn't have anything to post that was worth the hassle of wrestling with my phone.)

Recknoning or no recknoning, it's as much in the mafia's interest as it's in ours to kill Altissimo tonight. It's a nearly guaranteed kill (if we're playing properly, at least) and it's better than sticking around to find out which factions she can potentially screw over exactly. But I guess somebody other than Wargle is gonna have to do it, eh?

ok im back i was sleeping.

anyway i am not town or mafia because my shtick is the ability to stop someone getting lynched, which i can only use once per game, and obviously that is a role that doesnt exactly benefit town
Okay, fair enough, but that doesn't actually give us any reason to spare you, right? I mean, if you're not town-aligned and your power is to screw over town, then... we're just going to lynch you next chance we get.

I'm not a psychopath... I'm a high functioning psychopath

By bringing out the self-aligned, I've done more for the town than anyone else has. You should be thanking me. But instead you've dug yourself a hole. I did you a favor. Sure it cost a one-time inspector, but after that one shot he was worthless anyway. By exposing himself and bringing back the 3rd party, ILS has hurt the town deeply I'm afraid. Congratulations. I hope you're happy with yourself. When Altissimo targets someone tonight that can't use the Wraith form, you'll see what I mean.

The reckoning draws near.
You got accused of being mafia and responded by immediately killing a bunch of people, so I'm definitely voting to lynch Wargle, but that being said... If you know something about Altissimo that we don't, you might want to reveal it now, before you die. It could be in the best interests of both town and mafia to do so.

Okay, fair enough, but that doesn't actually give us any reason to spare you, right? I mean, if you're not town-aligned and your power is to screw over town, then... we're just going to lynch you next chance we get.
Not lynch, kill. You never know which invulnerabilities or win conditions a third party player might have, but since Altissimo is ostensibly vulnerable to day kills at least, a nightkill would be our best bet.

You got accused of being mafia and responded by immediately killing a bunch of people, so I'm definitely voting to lynch Wargle, but that being said... If you know something about Altissimo that we don't, you might want to reveal it now, before you die. It could be in the best interests of both town and mafia to do so.
Eh, that sounded more like "I'm mafia but look, I ended up doing more for town than town did", which is a thing that happens sometimes, but not exactly a thing town should count on continuing to happen.

oh gosh dang oh darn I'm gone for a few phases and people are bringing back the dead you kids stop your necromancy y'hear

Well... let's just say theres more than one way to skin a cat.
Just remember, watch out for the claws.

ooh I want in on the cat train. uhhhhh... that'd be a catastrophe, amirite?????

dammit I studied for this

...so anyway, Wargle, yeah?

Pfft, amateur move, tryna shoehorn in as many cat puns as you can. This sort of thing requires finesse, you gotta wait for the right meowment to strike.

D̨̐̀̌̈́ͣ̑̆̒̚͏̷̞͍̮͍̣̜̤̭̫̮̻̭͍̖E͙̫̣̪̟̓̅̐̇̽ͧͧ̀ͅR̓̾̇̓͏̵̤̠̻̦̲͖͖̺̙͝E͊̍̌̓̓̽̓̔́͏͖̦͓̠̪̮̯̭̘̮̟͎͍̪̥͈̺͢ ̴̶̶̡̠̪͖̮̖͓̻̮̎͊̏ͣ̄̿ͭ̓ͯ̀̚H̸̨͕̦̝̱̮͈͓͎͕̩̹̬̱̰͙̮̦̬́ͩ͛͂́̆͂̑͂̽͌͒̈́̌̈͋̑ͣ͘͜͜Eͨ͑̄̅̑͆̄̓̒̅̽ͫ̀̽̆̾ͩ̀͏̯̝͕͚̖̻͔̜̣̜̭́́͠ͅ ̢̤͙̦͕̜̤͕͌̎ͮ̍ͯ̃͋ͤ́͞͞Ḯ͑̎̀̉ͫ̀̐̽̀͝͏̪̠͇̫̤̼̪S͙̟̺̘̯̠̻̝͖̼͖̺͚̳̿ͤ̀̈́̍ͤͭ̍͟͞͝

The town turned quickly on Reaper, and after a brief struggle, the mercenary was reduced to nothing more than a bloody corpse. Unlike his two victims from earlier, however, he would stay that way.

After inspecting Reyes' belongings, the town found decisive evidence that Reaper was indeed working against the town. Unfortunately, there was no evidence linking him to the other mafia members.

Wargle has died. She was MAFIA.
48 hours for night actions.

When the townspeople woke up in the morning, there were still nine people left. Although not everyone looked in the best of health, they were still in the land of the living.

No one has died.
48 hours for discussion.

So, let me just state for the record that I'm feline very betrayed that you all went and started the puns and ended the Day Phase before I could pitch in. Call me catty for dragging it out like that, but it's the truth.

But speaking of betrayal, either the mafia didn't try to kill Altissimo, or one of our own protected her. Neither of those things would be smart moves, fyi.

This is a pleasant surprise. I fully expected to be dead.

The flavor could indicate a poisoner in our midst. Also, I healed DarkAura last night.

So... what do we do today?

Since Altissimo was successfully killed yesterday and didn't blow up everything like an activated alien would, we can deduce that she was not an activated alien at that point. But since there was no death today, she might be activated now... if she's an alien at all. She might be some other kind of self-aligned role.

I'm really not inclined to gamble on lynching her, but idk what else to do. This game has been blindsiding me consistently since that day where we were all anonymously posting via PM.

anyway i am not town or mafia because my shtick is the ability to stop someone getting lynched, which i can only use once per game, and obviously that is a role that doesnt exactly benefit town

I'm not really sure what to make of this, either. What's your win condition? Can you win alongside the town (or alongside the mafia) if no one of the opposite faction is left?

True, a one-use-only "no lynch" button certainly could benefit either town or mafia depending on the circumstances, but so could almost every standard role except inspector, so I don't see how that merits it being a full-blown self-alignment.

So... what do we do today?

Well, we've had 0 luck or clues as to who the mafia are, save for the inspection I brilliantly and marvelously used on Wargle, but like I said, that was a one time thing, so I won't be able to pull anything of the sort again. Heck, we don't even know how many mafia are even LEFT. We could lynch Altissimo, but we don't know if her claim about lynch-stopping is viable (although I'm inclined to believe it, since her identity is that of a lawyer, and lawyers are good at defending people on trial). But even if we do lynch her, she could easily stop that from happening. And if she can't, well, what good would that do us? We wouldn't be any closer to finding any mafiosi out, and we'd be down a player, making us easier pickings for the mafia. Now consider this: 5 people are dead, you all already know mine and Altissimos alignment, and I very highly doubt that ILS is mafia. That makes 6 people left to doubt. This is a pretty large game, so I'm assuming there's probably 3-4 mafiosi, of which we've lynched one. That means at least a third of the six I mentioned are scum! The best case scenario is we have a 50/50 shot of lynching scum, worst case scenario is 33/66 of scum lynchery. Both of those are pretty good odds, so let's take a chance. I won't start lynching anyone right now though, I kinda want to hear your guys thoughts and see if maybe theres something else we could try before jumping straight to lynching at random.

I honestly think it would be a stupider idea to lynch alti (in the case that she's telling the truth and isn't secretly planning to kill us by putting probes on us like the alien in epicmafia) than to try for a mafiosi. bc we kinda need to start getting the lynches right. we've only gotten wargle and this is concerning - in the other tcod games i've been I think we have gotten more than one by the first month.

ok but does anyone with more mafia experience think the probe thing is likely in a slower-moving game like this

I honestly think it would be a stupider idea to lynch alti (in the case that she's telling the truth and isn't secretly planning to kill us by putting probes on us like the alien in epicmafia) than to try for a mafiosi. bc we kinda need to start getting the lynches right. we've only gotten wargle and this is concerning - in the other tcod games i've been I think we have gotten more than one by the first month.

ok but does anyone with more mafia experience think the probe thing is likely in a slower-moving game like this
Actually, chances are we have a bit of a lead right now. Deaths have been sparse on both sides; assuming the absolute worst of the reasonable possibilities, 3 mafiosi are alive right now, out of 11 living players; we'd need to lose another 5 non-mafia to get in the killzone of win conditions.

Obviously, we still want to lynch mafiosi, although we'd be safe abstaining today. Lynching Altissimo is actually a bad idea for both town and mafia -- besides the obvious dangers of meddling with ever unknowable win conditions, we all have more to gain from trying to take an useful player from the other team, rather than wasting the lynch on a player who appears to be of little consequence to both factions.

But as for actual scumhunting, I may have an actual angle for us to pursue: the lack of a death N1. This probably wasn't ILS's doing, since he healed Wargle that night. Inactive mafia seems unlikely to be the matter, also, since there were deaths before and after that day. Alien activation also seems unlikely -- if it's at all happened over the course of this game, it's most likely to have happened last night. The likeliest remaining possibilities are multiple healers and lucky roleblocking. Therefore -- if we still have a living roleblocker, they should come forward and claim their N1 target.

We might still be able to take some from the flavor, too, if we should still assume at this point that most/all remaining players are being honest about their flavor right now. To wit, the current flavor claim list:
Flora: Neku Sakuraba, The World Ends With You
ILS: Dipper Pines, Gravity Falls Mercy, Overwatch
DarkAura: Chat Noir, Miraculous Ladybug
JackPK: Ned Stark, A Song of Ice and Fire
Stryke: Mega Man, Mega Man 2
Faorzia: Terra Branford, Final Fantasy VI
MD: Curly Brace, Cave Story
MF: Colias Palaeno, Ace Attorney Investigations
Autumn: ???, Ace Attorney Investigations 2

Back
Top Bottom