• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favourite Bands/Artists?

Dream Theater \m/

Ariën Van Weesenbeek
Ed Warby is better.

Dimebag Darrell was good, but he's the most overrated guitarist in history. I hate all the retards who are like "omg best guitarist ever" about him when they know jackall about metal and can't even name another guitarist. I love Chuck Schuldiner's guitar work but I'm not under any illusion of him being the best. (though it's a moot point really they're both dead so most likely aren't so good at guitar anymore :P)

I like lots of metal guitarist. Dime happens to be one of them.

Dave Lombardo is one of my favourite drummers ever :D

Same.

while we're talking drummers I also love George Kollias from Nile and Flo Mounier from Cryptopsy. Dave Suzuki's drumming on the last couple of Vital Remains albums is pretty insane as well.

I don't like Nile but Flo is good.

But you need to hear the dude from Meshuggah (Tomas Haake), that guy is fucking nuts behind the kit.

Chris Pennie (ex Dillinger, now Coheed and Cambria), Neil Peart, some other dudes jump to mind as well

Meshuggah are one of those bands I really need to check out properly, I've heard one track (first track off new album I think) on the Terrorizer CD and it was pretty awesome. Dillenger I'm not a fan of but they're very talented musicians. Nile I've just bought tickets to see them in September, well excited :P

holy shit guys

everyone should go see Gallows

EVERYOBNE

thast was one of the most mentasl fucking figigs I've ever been to man, holy crap.

seriously if they tour near you ever you have to go

safe vfuguys

Disturbed:love:
system of a down:love:
serj tankian (and yes i know hes the singer 4 s.o.a.d):sweatdrop:
jet :sunglasses:
nirvana
weird al

hmm idk what else

ps i hate nickleback!!!:angry::dead:

Disturbed and SoaD aren't much better than Nickelback you know.

Well, at least SoaD does have some degree of creativity going for them...

holy shit guys

everyone should go see Gallows

EVERYOBNE

thast was one of the most mentasl fucking figigs I've ever been to man, holy crap.

seriously if they tour near you ever you have to go

safe vfuguys

stop posting drunk

@AK: soad rules

Here comes the outcast.

Right now, I'm completely in love with The Ataris (So Long, Astoria = BEST ALBUM EVARR!!!), while my previous favourite band was Sum 41. I also like a bit of The All-American Rejects, while Abingdon Boys School also rank very highly (because J-rock has never tasted so good). Forty Foot Echo are a very recent (and very unknown) discovery of mine, and I'm partial to both Gavin DeGraw and Fall Out Boy.

soad isn't nu-metal. they are like the bastard cousin of frank zappa and slayer
Never heard Frank Zappa, but SoaD and Slayer shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. Actually I don't listen to any Slayer after Seasons of the Abyss so maybe that sounds like them? Either way not into that stuff.

Basically Soad are a bunch of weirdos (Frank Zappa) that went all metal on what Zappa did (or you can compare them to a heavier Faith No More.)

And I see elements of 80s Slayer in Soad.

MY COCK CAN WALK RIGHT THROUGH THE DOOR

Or whatever he said, I never bothered to look up the lyrics.

God, it pissed me off when the "Metal" Channel played SoaD. Of course, I didn't complain when they played my mallcore shit, but that's not the point.

But on the Nu-'Metal' Fans thread on MA (closed after like 5 pages), there was a discussion about how SoaD isn't mallcore. I don't remember exactly what they said, nor do I really care, but if you were curious enough, you could just search for "System of a Down" there and find the thread.

Back
Top Bottom