• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favourite Bands/Artists?

When you're a support band you tend not to have as big a time slot to play your stuff, so they'd have to miss some stuff out. Was that at the benefit gig they did for Decapitated? lol still regret not skiving off school togo to that, that would have been an amazing show.
They played literally every other song off the album (besides the shit like "200dbs Down" and all that) except "Forest...".

They played literally every other song off the album (besides the shit like "200dbs Down" and all that) except "Forest...".
Exactly, if you play loads of shiz you're not going to be able to fit everything in. I'm fairly sure with a headline slot they'll have plenty of time to play all their stuff, and I'm hoping to perhaps hear some new songs and maybe their Decapitated cover (as chances are I may never now hear the real thing lol).

oh btw guys I have a new band to add to my ever-growing list of favorites:

Jack Off Jill

i spontaneously got their album Clear Hearts Grey Flowers and it is honestly a perfect album in every sense of the word

nah the glorious burden had a couple cool songs, mainly declaration day, attila and that gettysburg thing

framing armageddon has uh...

nothing

absolutely zilch

The title track, Setian Massacre and The Clouding sound pretty good.

The Glorious Burden was mostly just butchered tracks, especially The Reckoning. Most of the songs would've been great with Barlow on vocals, tbqh.

what the clouding is like the worst thing on there

setian massacre is... meh

title track is meh

ten thousand strong is ok i guess

the rest is interludes or bullshit

Coldplay, Sean Kingston, Fall Out Boy, Kelly Clarkson, Beyonce, Rihanna, Chris Brown, Katy Perry, Akon, OneRepublic, and Jack's Mannequin. Also a lot more. I usually just listen to songs that lots of people are talking about. Not very independent. :P

Exactly, if you play loads of shiz you're not going to be able to fit everything in. I'm fairly sure with a headline slot they'll have plenty of time to play all their stuff, and I'm hoping to perhaps hear some new songs and maybe their Decapitated cover (as chances are I may never now hear the real thing lol).
Point being that they left out their best song.

Point being that they left out their best song.
Maybe they don't agree with your opinion as to what their best song is. Maybe "Gutting The Reason" or "Spherical Lie" is their favourite.

How do you know they didn't play it anyway? You don't live in London, or indeed the UK, so I'm guessing you didn't actually attend any of their gigs with Akercocke.

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who genuinely just doesn't like The Beatles

not that they're bad or anything I just don't see a whole lot in their music

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who genuinely just doesn't like The Beatles

not that they're bad or anything I just don't see a whole lot in their music

same actually

the only beatles song I like is Eleanor Rigby and that is because Pain did a cover of it

Maybe they don't agree with your opinion as to what their best song is. Maybe "Gutting The Reason" or "Spherical Lie" is their favourite.

How do you know they didn't play it anyway? You don't live in London, or indeed the UK, so I'm guessing you didn't actually attend any of their gigs with Akercocke.
The glory of YouTube. It was uninterrupted, too, so if a song were left out, you'd notice the gap in his "speech" or whatever to the crowd.

The glory of YouTube. It was uninterrupted, too, so if a song were left out, you'd notice the gap in his "speech" or whatever to the crowd.
Maybe they did it at the start of the set or at the beginning. Or maybe they just didn't feel like playing it, dunno, don't care really.

Favorites:
1. Slipknot
2. Behemoth
3. Children Of Bodom
4. Katatonia
5. Slayer
6. Metallica
7. Opeth
8. Lamb Of God
9. Machine Head
10. Strapping Young Lad

Bands I like:
Tool
DevilDriver
Mudvayne
Arch Enemy
Kataklysm
System Of A Down
Nevermore
Pantera
Bloodbath
Five Finger Death Punch
Modifidious
American Head Charge
OTEP
KoRn
Dethklok
Killswitch Engage
Stone Sour
Puddle Of Mudd
Serj Tankian
Disturbed
Bullet For My Valentine
Alexisonfire
Nine Inch Nails
In Flames
Seether
Avenged Sevenfold
Nightwish
Evanescence
The Devil Wears Prada
Megadeth
Shadows Fall
Jimi Hendrix
Marilyn Manson
Warrel Dane
Rage Against The Machine
Damageplan
Divine Heresy
36 Crazyfists
Chimaira
Apocalyptica
Dark Tranquility
Vader
Meshuggah

Others:
Enter Shikari
Foo Fighters
AC/DC
The Autumn Offering
Witchery
Ihsahn

Bands that I haven't listened to much, but I liked what I've heard from them:
Nile
Kalmah
A Perfect Circle
Scars On Broadway
Coal Chamber
Opiate For The Masses
Heaven Shall Burn
Lacuna Coil
Belphegor
Dimmu Borgir
Job For A Cowboy
Dream Theater
Led Zeppelin
Sepultura
Soilwork
Alter Bridge
HURT
Wolfpack Unleashed
Kreator
Type O Negative
Soulfly
Cavalera Conspiracy
Death
Anathema

Linkin Park, Skillet, Three Days Grace, Red, Rihanna, Sum 41, Fall Out Boy, Madonna, Nickelback, Breaking Benjamin, Evanescence, My Chemical Romance, Paramore, 30 Seconds to Mars, Rihanna, Flyleaf, Fireflight, Black Eyed Peas, Mindless Self Indulgence, Thousand Foot Krutch, Within Temptation, All American Rejects, Flo Rida, Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Simple Plan, Nightwish, Bullet for my Valentine, Good with Grenades, Andy Hunter, Maroon 5, Hilary Duff, The Pussycat Dolls, Katy Perry, Metallic, 3OH!3, T.I, Nirvana, Taylor Swift, Green Day, etc.

Back
Top Bottom