• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

The thread isn't centered around games base off the cartoon. I was just answering your question.

Also, Yellow is HEAVILY base off of the cartoon, whether you accept it or not.

The thread isn't centered around games base off the cartoon. I was just answering your question.

Also, Yellow is HEAVILY base off of the cartoon, whether you accept it or not.
I was trying to say that superyoshi already brought that up. Yellow is not as heavily based on the anime as Puzzle League, Puzzle League features Ash, there has never been a game to directly feature Ash in Japan. I'm not trying to say it isn't based on the anime.

Last edited:
He emphasized one word.

I agree with somebody on the page before, Silver needed new art.

Just drop it?

What does everybody else think of Silvers, well, all of the character's new clothes?

I was trying to say that superyoshi already brought that up. Yellow is not as heavily based on the anime as Puzzle League, Puzzle League features Ash, there has never been a game to directly feature Ash in Japan. I'm not trying to say it isn't based on the anime.

But the game features JJM, Some Gym Leader teams based on those in the show (Surge only has Raichu wtf), you starting with the rodent and being able to capture all starters. Ash shouldn't be a crutch to determine whether something is "heavily" based on another medium in the franchise. The fact is heavy elements were borrowed and implemented.

but like ditto said, lets drop it. And GSC rival looks decent aside from the hair.

Anyway ...

Serebii has some shots from a trailer of HG/SS, and the trailer is on the official site. Wow. Look at the graphics in places. Especially what I presume to be Blackthorn Gym (because of the lava) and the title screens :O

But I never said heavy elements weren't Whoaa, loving the graphics, especially with the Ho-Oh/Lugia renders on the title screen. I can't wait until more screenshots turn up.

gfgddfgakfadfft9fdg

Ecruteak looks AWESOME
Ecruteak GYM looks AWESOME
Blackthorn Gym looks AWESOME

Those are some badass title screens.

Spaekle is happy.

That was extremely awesome! The graphics look amazing and everything looked amazing. I love how the did both the gyms and thinking about the trailer will keep me happy for the next five days.

One thing I'm wondering about is do you have to have the Pokemon with the HM move you need up front so that it can use it? Because I don't know about everyone else but I usually keep my HM slaves at the bottom of the list because I never use them unless it's in the field.

I doubt they'd change something that has been constant through every single generation--most likely the Pokémon will just appear when you use the HM move.

The menu thingy has been opening with start and on the top screen for every game. Isn't it now a constant presence on the touch screen?

Okay, good point. What I meant was that the HM Pokémon have never needed to be at the top and it would irritate a lot of people if they were, so why change it from the way it is currently?

Could be. It would be nice, though.

I've tried to keep away from spoilers, but I just couldn't. I love this generation so so so much. The memories...

First of all: redesigns. WHY DID THEY CHANGE KRIS ;-; Technically, she is Crystal only, but she is still 'the chick'. Whatever; new girl looks cool. Extremely moe. Also, she has brown hair and eyes - for once, my in-game characters looks remotely like me!
Now, the rival... he used to look like a prick. Now, he looks... attractive. they made the rival attractive argh WHY. ;-; It's the hair and the non-poofy pants. darn it...

Also! You know how in GSC, when you first battle the rival, it says "??? wants to battle!" Well, am I alone in thinking that "???" was my rival's name and actually naming him that? :x

So, events. Legendary Pokemon are cool, but I'm mostly interestedin Shokotan Pichu and Notched Ear Pichu. Notch-ear will be an interesting addition to my team of "Poke freaks"; I already have lawnmower Rotom, after all. Hopefully, there will be a US event~

I'm actually kind of excited for this. I used to "bleh" about it, thinking that the Pokemon games had finally become stale, but damnit... the Pokemon team knows just how much new stuff to add to keep reeling me in, and I like it like that. ;)

Oh, and one more time: YOUR POKEMON CAN FOLLOW YOU YAY. I've been fantasizing about this ever since I played Pokemon Yellow. I hoped that Pokemon Emerald would implement it, and when that failed I hoped for Diamond and Pearl and then Platinum... and now my childhood dreams are coming true. All that's left is for me to publish a novel and become president.

I'm gonna preorder Jap SoulSilver next week :D And I already have a team planned.

And later I shall import an American HeartGold... I had gold first, so it seems fitting that I should play it in English.
I have also just remembered that I have a semi-Japanese silver so this is a genius plan.

Back
Top Bottom