• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Fantasy Steampunk.
This would rock. Fantasy is awesome, and adding steampunk to it is win +1000. I don't have plot ideas or anything for you guys, but just the setting. ^ ^ but VM me and we can talk, if you need help.
Have you ever played Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura? It's an older RPG that's quite similar to Fallout 1 and 2, and one of the central themes (probably the one single theme, actually), is (steampunk) technology vs. magic.

Anyway, this sounds cool to me, assuming someone else runs it...
-Pokemon High School
yeah, I did one of these before. ^ ^; Something PCA style would be cool.

I'd gladly join any high school RP, haven't done one in years. I could run this one, but do explain how the PCA thing works if it'll work like that. I'm too lazy to read a wiki.

I support the Pokémon High School idea, which might just be because I've been watching Persona 4 videos while sobbing over the fact I don't have the game myself and the local game store have sold all their copies and have to wait to get some new copies.

It saddens me how I am so hyped for that game yet don't know when I'll get it.

Ah, middle school and high school RPs. I love them. Even though I'm participating on one on another forum, this sounds really fun. I'm supporting it.

Although I don't really want to start any RPs right now. I don't have many ideas for forms either. I was thinking Ninetales, because of a certain creature in DQMJ...

o hey

would anyone be interested in this?

It's been two years. Two years since the FAYZ appeared and everyone over fourteen disappeared.

There were some kids who thought they could beat the poof, but it turned out to all be a lie. Those kids disappeared too.

So four years later, it all comes down to this.. the last of the kids in the FAYZ, the Fallout Alley Youth Zone. Everyone else's been killed by the animals, who've mutated to become disgustingly dangerous, or turned fifteen and poofed. The last kids left. The electricity's still up and things like cars, golf carts, grocery stores and whatnot are still running. Though the animals are starting to close in on Perdido Beach.

Everyone left is around thirteen, some younger, some older, but not by much. Though we're not just fending off the animals, we fight over the food now. The fields outside town are impossible to grow food in; the earthworms have grown to the size of trees and eat people. One step out of town and you're gone. And the coyotes, who've become able to talk, are pulling kids aside and ripping them apart, some even daring to walk into town. Some animals that've become more common, even appearing in town in the last few months are incredibly impossible things like teleporting, rabid cats, flying snakes (with wings!), and land sharks. Yeah, land sharks.

Out of the hundred or so kids we had two years ago, we're now down to about fifteen. It's not vey pleasant here. We're starting to wonder more about what happens after you poof, and fights are becoming more frequent. The only thing people agree on is that the food has to be kept safe, though that's getting harder. When you let fifteen kids who haven't seen order for two years run around in a town that gets smaller every day, someone's going to get hurt. Especially when those kids have access to trucks, guns and powers.

Did I mention that? About half the kids left have powers, we're guessing the FAYZ caused us to mutate with the animals. No one has the same power as anyone else any more, which can get tough, if you want someone to talk to about how to control the fire coming from your hands all the time. The one thing that everyone with powers has in common is that they're all controlled by the hands. And we're all freaks.

So there's not much time left, I myself am already fourteen and nearing my fifteenth birthday. I don't know what's coming for m

The journal above was found in the streets, seemingly dropped by someone who poofed in the middle of writing it. The next day, the fourteen kids left found they had once again lost another person. Who happened to be their ambassador with the animals, the only one who could walk safely into the earthworm fields without being ripped to shreds, the only one who could help with the food problem. Uh oh.
------

So yeah, 's a Gone (book series written by Michael Grant) RP except in an AU. You don't have to know anything about Gone to RP here, it's probably better if you don't know anything. :o

Wow, that sounds really interesting Dragon. Of course, the original idea is from an author. I would totally RP there though.

I have an idea or two for an RP, but I don't think I'm committed enough to make them. D:

Dragon: Epic win. Need I say more? =D Never heard of the book, but since that doesn't matter I'm totally up for it.

I'm in. MAke it now plz? Also, what happened to the pokemon high school idea? Has it been made yet?

I would make the high school, but do we have any ideas to add to it? It's rather vague right now, though that may not be a bad thing.

I just think it should be anthro, and probably a boarding school. I think this from the PCA wiki is a good starting point:
Pokemon as anthros

As the years went on, Pokemon evolved into more then just another form. Over centuries, their bodies began to reflect the truly comprehensive and complicated minds they possessed. With human like bodies they developed a society, culture, and the means to run it. Technology developed and civilization was built. Ideas were shared and beliefs developed. And behind it all, a myth of beings from eons passed much as they are now.
In this setting Pokemon have various human shapes, even among the same species. These are generally referred to as Mon. This outward appearance is the only true aspect of the Mon, they're not born with abilities, and they must be learned. Mon are born with the potential to all the abilities their species can learn, but it is up to them to actually learn them. It cannot be forced upon them, and they can't simply wake up tomorrow and know a move they never had. Hours a day, days a week, and weeks a year must be dedicated to training to understand, produce, and master the moves. And with human-like bodies, these can be applied in many different and creative ways. Only limited by the user's imagination, and the limitations of the body and mind.

I am throwing my fear of anthros out the window for this...

Hmmm sounds good. Let's see... Do we all want to be students? Or will we have at least few people who want to be faculty?

Let's have some faculty members. All students would get boring, because if you did something wrong there's no one to get you in trouble for it.
((Yay anthros!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom