• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kanto Role Choice Mafia [Game Thread]

JackPK

blame telegram
Pronoun
he/him
The sun sets, and the Pokemon of Viridian Forest settle down for the evening. Most sleep peacefully, unaware that some among their number are plotting dastardly deeds...

Night has fallen. 48 hours for night actions.

The Pokemon of the forest awaken to find the corpse of the rarest of them all. Beaten with blunt force and with an odd smell in the air, Mew's body is a pathetic sight as the Pokemon lay it to rest.

As soon as the burial is over, though, it's time for fingers to be pointed. "Who did this heinous deed?" somebody says. "We have to avenge Mew!" So the Pokemon of the forest get down to the unenviable task of deciding which of their own to punish...

Superbird is dead!
He was Mew!

The echo of a dream ripples through the air, warping the world around it as it makes its way to the sky to clear the clouds and strengthen the sunbeams.

Today is a Sunny Day. The blinding light of the sun reveals all Pokemon to their peers.

Keldeo is Magikarp.
Wargle is Metapod.
I liek Squirtles is Hitmonchan.
Vipera Magnifica is Flareon.
Mawile is Pikachu.
Zero Moment is Gengar.
Altissimo is Exeggutor.
Lilycolo is Venomoth.
Metallica Fanboy is Fearow.

48 hours for day phase discussion.

Well then. Meta.

I don't have much to say. Metapod is rather lacking in things to do.

Pod.

Well, the Pokemon revelations certainly seem to be accurate, given Wargle's Metapod-claim and that I am in fact Magikarp. The Sunny Day must be because of the Dreaming God, since no other roles have that effect and also because of the "echo of a dream" thing, but with no role/Pokemon guarantees, the information is basically useless. Anyway, Superbird was pretty obviously a strongman death, implying he was either town or the Traitor, but the odd smell might indicate that the poisoner used something too last night. Overall, there really isn't much to go on today, but if you're the Restless Spirit and you can vote in-thread, Superbird, could you vote no lynch to show your abilities?

Jack, how do you handle the Traitor? Do they know who the mafia are? Do the mafia know who they are? What inspection results/deathflips will they return? Also, will alignments not be revealed upon death? Finally, does the Restless Spirit submit votes when dead in-thread or via PM?

Jack, how do you handle the Traitor? Do they know who the mafia are? Do the mafia know who they are? What inspection results/deathflips will they return? Also, will alignments not be revealed upon death? Finally, does the Restless Spirit submit votes when dead in-thread or via PM?
Oh, yeah. Sorry. Forgot about alignment flips. Thanks for the reminder.

Superbird was innocent!

As for the traitor, they know who the mafia are but not vice versa. They'll flip mafia to inspection and death.

The Restless Spirit submits votes in the game thread.

So as far as roles, we have:
- poisoner
- strongman (mafia)
- traitor (mafia)
- bomber (mafia)
- restless spirit
- bulletproof doublevoter (one-shot bulletproof)
- inventor (has a healing invention, probably more?)
- dreaming god (unknown effects)
- lightning rod (at will)
- gladiator

Last night, I was actually passed something (I'm assuming it was from the Inventor) that gave me a healing ability for that night only. The PM didn't say who passed it to me, though. Also, I can confirm that I am Pikachu, in case anyone was doubting the revelations.

Yup, Exeggutor here. (lmao VM is flareon)

for a second I thought the confirmation of who is what Pokémon was the role reveal and the game had already finished - good thing that's not the case -_-; but yeah I got nothing.

So the Bomber/Traitor/Strongman is the Mafia faction.... then what is the Poisoner? Self aligned? A vig at the least.

Hopefully the DG is still alive, things like the Sunny Day will be useful. And I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if Superbird was the Restless Spirit.

Yup, it's all perfectly accurate. I be the creepy crawly.

also: to save everybody some time superbird is not restless spirit. how do I know this? for I am restless spirit.

my role pm:

Lilycolo — Venomoth, the Restless Spirit
[I cant copy paste a picture here :(]
You are innocent!

The forest is a spooky place, and you’re one of the spooky things in it. Seriously, moths are creepy. They’re like big butterflies, but hairy and gross, and they come out at nighttime. You’re a freaky scary spooky thing.

And you’re friends with all the other freaky scary spooky things in the forest, and because you’re friends, some of the forest spirits will be nice enough to channel your will if you die and relay it to the rest of the town. As a result, even after you die, you may still vote for lynchings in the game thread. (You may not include anything in your message except the bolded name of who you’re voting for — no explanations, no nothing.)

tl;dr my little forest buddies will channel my will to you if I die.

why am I claiming now? I don't know. I may have a mild fever at the moment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So since it looks like there's nothing else to really say here before the end of this day, I may as well start the abstain train.

The Pokemon are disconcerted by Mew's death, but have no leads and end up retiring for the night without identifying any of their number to execute.

No one was lynched.
48 hours for night actions.

When the Pokemon wake up the next morning, there is one fewer tree swaying in the wind. Instead, their friend Exeggutor has been felled, a sizzling odor in the air around her body, which has a massive dent where a heavy force struck it.

Altissimo is dead!
She was Exeggutor.
She was innocent.

48 hours for day phase discussion.

so, uhh... no dreaming god effects?

Maybe Superbird was the DG. :(

other than that...? I don't have anything.

Well then. We really don't have very much that can help us against the mafia, and since I don't think we have an inspector (at least as far as I know), we have no leads right now. Anyone have any ideas?

Looks like the odds are stacked against us this game. The only two real advantageous roles for Town are dead. The most we can hope for is the Poisoner being a Town-aligned vig.

Back
Top Bottom