• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kanto Role Choice Mafia [Game Thread]

It seems like now is the perfect time to reveal my role. I know that ILS is not the real poisoner, because the poisoner is me. I have not used my action, of course.

Given this, I'm quite positive I liek Squirtles is mafia.

Huh. We have quite a quandary. ILS claims to be the Poisoner, and states that he killed Lily; VM claims the he is the Poisoner, and has not sent in a kill.
Lily has died, of course, and at the end of the day, an indication of a Poisoner kill. I don't believe it's possible for it to be a Bomb kill, since the role flavor indicates that it goes off at the end of night. There's also the possibility for the Poisoner to be 3rd party, making it a good chance that lynching either is a plus for the town.

It's not a bomb kill. The bomb is still in my possession.

We shouldn't readily buy VM's claim, in any case. As we've been massclaiming in a mostly open setup, counterclaims are practically inevitable and not per se particularly indicative of which end of the counterclaim is telling the truth.

The presence of what actually seems to be a poisoner kill doesn't help VM's case much, but we don't know that for sure -- and if ILS were mafia fakeclaiming poisoner, there'd be good chances he'd know what actually brought about the death.

We've not been able to off any mafia so far, so lynching the wrong one here could be lethal. I'll be voting VM for the time being so we have a tie.

The bomb is still in my possession.

...Are you able to get rid of it or do you just have to keep it until it blows up?

Also, I'm more suspicious of VM at the moment due to Lilycolo's death. Since he's claiming to be poisoner, that means that he had to have killed Lily. If I remember correctly, poisoner is the only role here that kills during the day phase rather than the night phase. I see no reason as to why he would be lying about Lily's death if he's the real poisoner.

As far as ILS claiming poisoner right after a death, that's pretty much just making him a direct target for the mafia. If we end up keeping him alive today, then if he doesn't die tonight, then we know he still might be mafia.

There's also the possibility for the Poisoner to be 3rd party, making it a good chance that lynching either is a plus for the town.
As far as I remember, I don't think there are any third party roles in this game.

Uhh, how would you have the bomb? The bomb explodes automatically if it isn't passed on.
It doesn't. I asked Jack all about it, it only has a certain chance to go off on the player holding it at the beginning of the night, regardless of whether it's passed.

Honestly, the flavor text never really struck me as poisoning. One of the mafia may have used a move like Thunder on the lake, killing several fish in the process.

But my guess is that ILS saw the flavor as indicating poisoner, and jumped right on the claim train to make himself look innocent.

...Are you able to get rid of it or do you just have to keep it until it blows up?
I can pass it along, I just figured it was somewhat pointless to. Kind of like random vigging, albeit without assurance that the target's going to die.

Also, I'm more suspicious of VM at the moment due to Lilycolo's death. Since he's claiming to be poisoner, that means that he had to have killed Lily. If I remember correctly, poisoner is the only role here that kills during the day phase rather than the night phase. I see no reason as to why he would be lying about Lily's death if he's the real poisoner.
What bugs me about that, though, is that it'd be rather brazen to make such a readily falsifiable roleclaim if it wasn't the truth. I mean, not that we can't assume that that's just poor play, or even an attempt at leading into that exact conclusion by reverse psychology, but, it's still something to watch out for.

So, I was just looking back and:

So as far as roles, we have:
- poisoner
- strongman (mafia)
- traitor (mafia)
- bomber (mafia)
- restless spirit
- bulletproof doublevoter (one-shot bulletproof)
- inventor (has a healing invention, probably more?)
- dreaming god (unknown effects)
- lightning rod (at will)
- gladiator

If we may:
- the three mafia roles won't be claimed by anybody obviously;
- Poisoner is being claimed by ILS and VM;
- Restless Spirit is being claimed by Lilypad, and I suppose we just got confirmation of that;
- Gladiator was being claimed by Keldeo, who is confirmed inno and thus was extremely unlikely to have been lying about that;
- Lightning Rod is being claimed by me, and I have the best proof of that (and, well, nobody else has access to that proof, but it'd also not be difficult to verify my claim if push came to shove, so);
- Bulletproof doublevoter is being claimed by Wargle;
- Dreaming god we can safely assume was Superbird or Altissimo, as there's been no word of Dreaming God-like effects since N0;
- Inventor is completely unclaimed, but whichever of Superbird/Altissimo wasn't Dreaming God has an unclaimed innocent role, which we can reasonably assume was this one, as nobody seems to have received inventions.

This, most likely, is the source of the current counterclaim situation. Massclaim heavily disfavours mafia in an open setup unless they've already managed to establish themselves fakeclaims ahead of time. Whoever's falsely claimed Poisoner did so on a last-ditch effort to claim an inno role. This would explain VM rapidly issuing a counterclaim that doesn't seem to match up with what has actually happened in the game so far.

What's more to the point, however, is that Mawile and Zero Moment are now the only living players without a roleclaim. We have three mafiosi in the setup -- the one who's falsely claiming Poisoner, and exactly two more. Lynching the actual Poisoner is a risk we can't afford at this point -- however, I'll be surprised if either of the unclaimed players has a claim with any actual credence that they can actually put forth right now.

Since I can't very well vote against the two of them at once, though, let's flip a coin. ... Well, today is not Mawile's lucky day. If you somehow are actually innocent, I recommend that you roleclaim immediately. There's no point in holding information back this lategame, because, even if whatever you reveal will make you a likely mafia target, it'll also likely reveal the mafiosi and get them all lynched in short order, which is Town's goal regardless of who lives or dies to accomplish it.

So, one vote ILS, one vote VM, one vote Mawile, eh?

VM, I sure hope you're the T-bro I think you are, cause I'm goin all in on ILS.

Also christ JackPK, you really had to go and add on a bomb pass abstain? 10% explosion chance already means it's possible to never explode even in a 10 night game, Mawile didn't need to be even less useful this game :<

Also christ JackPK, you really had to go and add on a bomb pass abstain? 10% explosion chance already means it's possible to never explode even in a 10 night game, Mawile didn't need to be even less useful this game :<
Well, we can consider that a confession. Dual, even.

Come on, town, you have one job.

JackPK said:
Mawile — Pikachu, the Inventor
pikachu
You are innocent!

You finally have a use for all that electricity you've been storing in your cheeks! You made a handful (or is it pawful?) of inventions, but unfortunately you've forgotten which is which...

Once per night, you can choose one player to give an invention to. You only have three inventions total and you have no way of knowing which invention you're giving to somebody.

I'm actually the Inventor, which I thought actually went really well with Pikachu. As for the whole "nobody's been receiving inventions" thing, that's because I had a limited amount to start off with.

Mawile didn't need to be even less useful this game :<
...What?

Well, I could sit here scrutinizing that claim, but, I meant what I was saying about one lynch being as good as the other, so right now, it's just easier to take down the one who's not even bothering to hide it.

Time to bandwagon Zero Moment. Urgently.

Yeah, Zero Moment seems oddly fishy right now. Not too sure why he's trying to take me down with him (???) but he pretty much confirmed himself as mafia.

The group of Pokemon begin to jump on each other with accusations, pointing fingers and jumping on misspoken statements. Night begins to fall, and the vote is deadlocked... until a voice whistles through the trees, high and tinny like the chirp of crickets. With that sign, the Pokemon descend onto the ghostly Gengar, certain of his guilt.

Zero Moment was lynched!
He was mafia.
He was Gengar.

48 hours for night actions.

Back
Top Bottom