• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Legend of the Stone Tablet (LST)

What should the school's name be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
((You were talking about Adelle, right? I am sitting next to her, not looming over her.))

"Well, since it's your first time, I bid you welcome, to the outside world." Ruby said to Adelle, and then noticed a girl walk over and ask Adelle a question.
"She's mute." Ruby said, knowing that that had nothing to do with musical talent.

((Darksong, were you referring my character? She drew a flute.Oh wait, she has one too. Er, okay, I'll edit this (and please excuse my stupid moment) if you weren't.))

I'm home schooled, or at least I was. And other stuff. So.. I don't really go anywhere, you know?
Adelle was relieved that he hadn't laughed at her, or called her wimpy or something. (It had happened before.) Smiling slightly at the nervous sounding girl that had just appeared, she went to a clean sheet of paper in her notebook and wrote more neatly than usual.
You're not crowding me, its ok. I've played flute for a long time, yeah. You do 2? Cool.

(Er, I realize that it might be hard to write two paragraphs, but I was unaware that writing a few lines was suddenly sufficient. x_x Eh, whatever. Just try to avoid two-sentence posts, 'kay? Since the 5th page had a ton of short posts... XD *is picky*)

Tala noticed commotion, but she wasn't about to get herself involved. Really, they might have been trying to attract some attention, and she wasn't about to get herself involved with other people: they lied to her face, and said things behind her back. She knew they did. It was hard to ignore, and ever since that day... She rubbed the scar on her cheek absently. It hadn't really healed well: the scar was slightly raised, and she knew it made her less than nice to look at. Still, what did that matter to her? It wasn't as if having relationships was particularily important. After all, friends eventually left, parents argued... There wasn't anything really stable that she could rely on, so why rely on anything at all?

Tala brushed a hand through her hair, biting her lip. She couldn't even remember if she had dyed it white because of the Absol, or to see her mom worry... After all, no one who was normal would even consider something as superficial as a change of hair colour right after a traumatic experience. I'm supposed to still be in shock. As if I was ever worried about getting the wound infected, or thinking it would kill me... I probably just scared it. Shows what my mom knows. Pokemon-human relations, hah!

((I know, I was exaggerating))

Dawn nodded, then noticed that this girl was writing something. Since she was mute, this was perhaps her way of speaking. She peeked over at the notepad.

"Yes, I've been playing for almost two years," she replied. So I don't worry too much after all.

"But I'm still not as good as I could be," she added, shrugging.

Whoa. Could I actually be being social here? It's a miracle!
She chuckled (If it could be called that, being silent) sympathetically, and wrote in big letters,
NOBODY PLAYS AS GOOD AS THEY COULD. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. It's half the fun, getting better! Come on, you're probably better than me.

Last edited:
The boat skittered across the water before ending at the docking bay. With a loud screech the boat stopped short. The boy, Jason's, wheelchair slid shakily as a ramp lowered from the boat for those who couldn't walk. Eying the boat wariy, the teen began to wheel behind the others. That's when the loudspeaker buzzed.

"May all new students please report to the large Oak Tree? I repeat, may all new students please report to the large Oak Tree?" a feminine voice called of the intercom. Looking into the distance, Jason noticed a large tree, taller than any of the others in the faroff distance. With a clinch of his teeth, thee teen waited in order to be let off.

Dawn felt the boat gently tilt across the water, like a leisurely Blastoise back-floating. The dark-haired girl sighed as she gazed out into the water. Blastoise, Seel... she had suddenly obtained a liking for those two Pokémon. She didn't know what it was about them, but... Water was, after all, her second favorite type, but those two families stood out in particular, but Dawn didn't really know why.

"Hmm, you're right," She told the mute girl, whose name was apparently Adelle. "See you later."

But just after she took two steps away, she turned around to look at the young male sitting near Adelle. "I never got your name. I'm Dawn. How about you?"

Then, the voice on the intercom echoed everywhere. Suddenly, Dawn realized that they had landed, the boat resting from its tireless journey across the water. "You can tell me then, okay?" she asked the two others, then headed off towards her own table. Carefully, she packed her flute and notepad into her pack, then swung it onto her shoulders and stepped off the plank towards the dock. There was a boy in a wheelchair, but no one else had started to gather much. Shrugging, Dawn thought, Well, at least I'm early. She began to head towards the giant tree in the distance with a sigh. It would be an exciting, chaotic day. She just knew it.

((Ironically, speaking of flutes, I've been playing for two years.))
Valkrie nodded to herself, and grinned at the others.
"Let's go, then," she suggested, and ran over to the oak tree.

Adelle yawned and put her stuff away in her bag. Picking it up with some difficulty, she motioned for Ruby to follow. She half-ran after Valkrie. Despite hating schoolwork and not being at home (She'd have to e-mail Mom as soon as possible) as a rule, she couldn't help feeling excited about going to this new school. And she'd actually made friends, or at least not-enemies. Adelle smiled to herself, staring off into space.
Wonder what this'll be like. If it's boring, I can always fix that. Heh, hope we can go soon.

((Ironically, speaking of flutes, I've been playing for two years.))
Valkrie nodded to herself, and grinned at the others.
"Let's go, then," she suggested, and ran over to the oak tree.

((She ran off to the oak tree that's nowhere near close to the dock?))

---

Jason noticed that people had already began to head towards the tree. Wheeling off the boat and after Dawn, he sighed. "Hey. Care to give me a little help here?" he called to the girl, motioning lazily to his chair. Eyes looked over the girl, his fingers clutching at his shirt nervously.

((Sorry for all-OOC post, but what does he need help doing, exactly? I've never really experienced this before...))

Tala sighed at the announcement, disembarking from the boat while walking as slowly as humanly possible without actually appearing to do so. It was rather difficult to pull it off, but she had considerable experience with doing it. It really, really irritated her mom, so it tended to come in handy. Her mother losing her cool was always an enjoyable sight. Only sparing a glance for the boy in the wheelchair, she started to walk (still at that incredibly slow pace) towards the oak tree. It looked suitably far off. If she stayed at this speed, it could easily take her hours to get there.

Perfect. The teachers might be pissed, but they've probably been given special instructions by mom already. It's be just like her: please note, Tala is uncooperative and antisocial because of the recent trauma she has gone through, and you must restore her faith in the world. Yeah, that, or something similar. She scowled at the thought - her mother always harped on how she had to believe that everyone liked her, that she had to keep faith in the 'goodness' of the world. Yet she seems to forget the robberies, killings - all the stuff that happens in a regular city. What's good about that? Glowering at empty space, she didn't even look at where she was going at her slow plod - and thus, she didn't even spot the tree root in her way. "Whaaa-" Thump!

((Aw, sorry, I'm kind of awkward with this... do you mind if I refuse...?))

Dawn didn't really know what to say. She sighed carefully, and started explaining, but didn't really get any words out. But finally, she said, "Sorry, I'm kind of uncomfortable around new people..."

Stefan finally caught up to the others and noticed Jason.
"I can help you man" he said holding out his fake arm.
(( What exactly does he need to have done to not hit roots? Like do I need to pick him up or something? ))

Jason nodded towards Stefan. "Thanks. What I need you to do is if you see a tree root that's too big for me to roll over, pick up the wheelchair for me. Can you manage that?" he asked, running his fingewrs through his hair. Eyes glanced at the other teen curiously. "Name's Jason, and you?" he asked with a hint of a smile.

This guy's nice. Weird arm though, I wonder what happened to him. I hate having to use this wheelchair, I hope my leg'll hurry up and heal, he thought to himself, wheeling alongside the boy.

"I'm Dawn," she replied warily. "Again, I apologize, I haven't been around many people. It takes me awhile to start a conversation."

She glanced back at him, then stared at the giant tree in the distance. That was where they could meet...

Immediately, she wondered when she would start her journey. What Pokémon would she have? She hoped she had a Normal type, or a graceful one... yes, that would be good. Glameow, perhaps? No, that wasn't likely. She would take what she got. She would grow attached to it, she knew. She was like that. But forming bonds with Pokémon was good. That was what caused trust, and trust was the main strength in battle. One with trust in their Pokémon was stronger than a Trainer -- wait, someone who didn't treat their Pokémon nicely didn't even deserve to be called a Trainer. Dawn shivered, for she knew that somewhere out there, there had to be a person like that. She couldn't imagine what it was like, to abuse Pokémon, treat them badly....

Stefan grabbed the kid and pulled him onto his shoulder.
"Name's Stefan and I got a better idea." he said as he dragged the wheelchair along with him.
Was wheelchair kid looking at my arm? he thought to himself.

((Must. Not. Let. Die.))

Jason gasped as he was pulled onto the other teen's shoulder.n "D-Don't drop me," he told the other teen as the ambled along. The wheelchair could be seen scraping across the ground as the duo of robot and man ambled towards the oak tree looming in the distance. It'going to be a long day, the teen thought to himself.

((Hey I was the one who told you to post. I think people were waiting for you bucko))

"Like I would drop you" he said feigning dropping the kid.
"So how did you get put in the piece of metal I'm dragging" he asked nonchalantly.

Back
Top Bottom