• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2011

My main character never calls her friend/future love intrest his first name for some reason, and he always uses her full name. Their conversations are so fun to write :D My characters also include an old insane woman who can only see bright colors and her escape artist rabbit. Now I need to figure out some interesting quirks for the only female character around my main character's age, and figure out what the heck that mysterious staff the old insane woman gave the main character actually does. It'll all work out eventually, though. I love this story more than any I've ever wrote before. Probably because the characters are very, very weird :D

My characters are being all cutesy and romantic right now - how do I transition from this into the fantasy story that they're about to all be launched into?

And I keep running into issues with their world - it's supposed to be pretty normal, but their names are fantasy-themed and don't match, so I tried to make the world a little more fantasy-like. But the problem is that it really isn't a fantasy world... so maybe I need to rename my characters. That would be sad, though; they've had these names forever (throughout all my planning and random blurbs and such in the past)...

Yup, Alex, that's right, just casually run out of time to write anything tonight because you were too busy on Tumblr.

I will definitely start tomorrow! haha who am i kidding i'm going to regret signing up for the word war so bad

I have lost all interest in the thing I was planning on writing! So instead I'm going to write 50k words of whatever. 8D

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

that is all
This.

Albeit, 1222 words in ain't too bad with how busy I been today. Stupid Tuesday schedule. Stupid slow beginnings. LEAD INTO THE GOOD STUFF, WILL YOU

I'm trying again this year! I'm shooting for halfway; I have so much STUFF going on this month that I know I'll never be able to make it to 50000. But anyways. I have a vague plot and I'm just going to run with it.

I was home sick today, so I had a fair bit more time to write, which was nice. I needed the extra time to really get started. Sadly, the first chapter is going to be the easiest, so it only gets harder from here on out.

EDIT: Whoo, 600 posts!

I have no idea what I want to do with my story. Damn prolouges that I haven't practically written already.

Although I suppose this gives me a reason to get on to reffing!

Bluhbluh, writing extra because I'm going to be tired tomorrow. Stupid four classes and ten hours on campus plus the fun of commuting.

Bleurgh.

At least the characterization of this one dude is turning out well! And I have no pacing. And I've beaten my record of "knocking main character out with psychic/magic/shenanigans" by having it happen in the first three pages. Ahahahaha...

aaaaa why did I have to do homework this morning instead of writing stuff. I mean honestly.

Kay, after some rush-writing I have words now. 2076 words of nonsense, but still words. I feel strangely proud.

Yeah, they moved to Amazon Web Services and removed the word count widgets... both of those would help quite a bit, I think.

Anyone else noticing that the website doesn't seem to be lagging this year (yet)?

Noooo don't jinx it

1000 words on the first day is better than I started off last year at least. Gotta stay optimistic. My story is all over the place, so I'm hoping I can actually manage to tidy the damn thing up afterwards.

edit- and there we go - it's down for maintenance, hopefully it'll not be as bad as last year though.

I knew there was thread somewhere...

Anyways, I'm already doing mine as we speak. And yeah...the widgets would have been cool to have.

Okay, so I did 4,144 words yesterday (woo!) and I've added... 386 today. Can't decide if I want to try to do the 5,856 words I'd need to add to it to make a two day total of 10k, or if I just want to say screw it, go back to sleep and worry about it later. x_x Motivation, I suck at it.

I think I beat my record of having characters die. One of my main characters died on like the first page. Um.

It's okay though she's still relevant!!!!!!

I'm going to do more writing later because right now I'm tied up with statistics and numbers and all sorts of values for things. I hope to match (exceed, really) yesterday's wordcount, though!

I had a near-rape, a death, and a man being set on fire. The first chapter was supposed to be nice and calm, damn me. Anyhow, Two thousand, nine hundred and seventy five words. Plan to write so much more right now. Loving NaNoWriMo.

I had a near-rape, a death, and a man being set on fire. The first chapter was supposed to be nice and calm, damn me. Anyhow, Two thousand, nine hundred and seventy five words. Plan to write so much more right now. Loving NaNoWriMo.
I was under the impression that I was in the Grr Thread when I started to read this post.

It was creepy, to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom