• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2011

How's everyone else feeling? Pumped? Anxious? Not at all ready?

I'm finding it okay so far. I really don't know how I'll cope in November but right now I'm really glad that I decided to do this because it gives me a definite goal for each day, something which I have to complete before I can do any of my other activities, so I think that I'll be fine.

Maybe.

*sigh* I wish they had the word count widgets up. Either way, I'll make some sort of post with the people involved in the next few days; and when they do come out with some sort of widget then I'll sig that.

This sounds interesting. I might try it with my "The Kidnapping" Story (i have only 3,000 words though, far from 50,000) and see how i cope.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/feiminn which I appear to need to update badly but cba.

I feel sort of like I'm an idiot for putting this stress on me again, but I'm really determined to finish it this year.

I have NO IDEA why I'm doing NaNo because November is when I actually have to start doing things (seriously October's been a complete waste of time) but w/e w/e I do what I want. I think I have an actual shot at finishing this year, too, since I actually know what's supposed to happen!! I already have characters, I have most of the individual scenes plotted out even, and I know how it ends. Last year I had the vaguest plot, two characters sort of and maybe kind of an ending.

So. Maybe preparedness is the key?

Count me in. >:)

Still don't really have a clue what I'm doing, though... the story I'm planning on writing is convoluted and confusing and should really be split up into multiple stories, perhaps. But we'll see what happens.

I have NO IDEA why I'm doing NaNo because November is when I actually have to start doing things (seriously October's been a complete waste of time) but w/e w/e I do what I want. I think I have an actual shot at finishing this year, too, since I actually know what's supposed to happen!! I already have characters, I have most of the individual scenes plotted out even, and I know how it ends. Last year I had the vaguest plot, two characters sort of and maybe kind of an ending.

So. Maybe preparedness is the key?

I still don't really know what I'm doing!! :D!! which was the same as last year and I actually did OK, so maybe this is just how I roll.

How I do. Et cetera.

Yeah. I mean. If you can run at it without clearly defined goals that's excellent, and is in fact how I won the only time I've won, but I think (hope) as person I've changed since 2007 and I require something more to actually push me to finish.

So. Preparedness! and such. and I'm kind of banning myself from doing my regular evening activities until I've written my word goal because um. Otherwise I'd get nothing done at all except eating lots and lots of food.

My story has a middle!

Actually, the middle is more of the climax between two books, because after that point, everything changes. But it's something, and it's tragic, and it's perfect, and it's going to kill me to write it, but it's going to be amazing. =D

Though I don't have a beginning. That'll come... later? Right? =D;

I have participated (and won) for the last five years. I think I can take a break this year, especially considering that it is time for fun with college crap. x.x I would love to do it, but unfortunately other stuff takes priority. In any case, there is always next year...

I have very little plot... I think I'm just going to write and see what happens. I do have a few (very vague) characters, though, so I guess it might work.

Right now, my favorite character in my book is the one who will get his hand chopped off at some point :3 Because I actually know something about him!

Back
Top Bottom