• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2011

Isaiah might just be a naturally curious person? I know that I would be looking around the building for signs of life in that situation. That's really a characterisation thing... you would immediately leave, yeah, but what would your character do?

That's true. I'm not sure he would go into a room for no reason, just to look around out of curiosity but...perhaps if he heard a sound within the room. Then he'd go far enough in to look around and allow the plot to continue. Thank you for your help! :D

I've decided that this year I'll probably be writing a story starring Putin as the hero of a romance pulp fiction novel (shirtless scenes and rippling chests all over the place).
I should probably go to a library and check out some books with shirtless guys and swooning dames on the cover as research material.

I would absolutely love to do this. I wanted to do NaNoWriMo last year, but I was even lazier than I am now and tests were flying everywhere and I don't even know. So yeah. But this would be really good for me, having a huge goal with a deadline to make me actually write stuff instead of being all like "I'll do it tomorrow lol."

Plus I have that My Little Pony fic idea bouncing around in my head, so I could get cracking on that.

NaNo is coming, yay...on top of four AP classes, R.O.P.E. thesis, social life, etc....

Anyway, I'm just gonna chug away at my novel and just keep on chugging. Probably not going to word count it anyway but I'm gonna NaNo for once.

Okay: quick question. Will my word count reset to zero when NaNo starts?

That aside, I am officially starting a word war. On the...let's say the 25th, I'll divide everyone who wants to participate into teams. Until then, everyone who wants to participate should post their NaNo ID#.

Okay: quick question. Will my word count reset to zero when NaNo starts?

Uh, if you're asking whether the words from last year will carry over to this year, the answer is no. But NaNo won't magically erase all of your last year's work from your hard drive.

That aside, I am officially starting a word war. On the...let's say the 25th, I'll divide everyone who wants to participate into teams. Until then, everyone who wants to participate should post their NaNo ID#.

And I'll edit them into the first post and stuff. My ID is 722258 .

So I guess this is a thing I'm doing after all. (859541)

Going with my plant to compile fifty thousand words of ASB reffings. My reffings seem to average about a thousand words each so... fifty of them in a month? Yikes. Getting better at getting them up regularly, at least, but still averaging less than one a day; hopefully I can become a wizard by the end of November?

Last edited:

Let's hope I actually finish something this year. I might be able to finish a project of mine at the sa-hahahaha, me finishing something.

The profiles got sort of changed when they relaunched the site, so our accounts aren't really numbered any more. Here's mine, by the way.

EDIT: Looks like I got ninja'd.

Back
Top Bottom