• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Political Compass

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have the first version of the tcod chart done. There's too many people for names but it's still interesting to see where the forum generally stands.

crowdgraphpng.php

I couldn't get Aobaru, PK or Alraune on it because they were hosting their scores rather than linking straight from the page. Anyone who wants me to add theirs can post the image here or PM me their score or get me in #tcod.

EDIT: Added Aobaru.

EDIT2: Added Walker and Lorem.

Last edited:
Even for questions like "Mothers may have careers, but the first duty is to be homemakers."?
well, there were some rather odd questions. like, "Some people are just naturally unlucky, agree/disagree". is that supposed to be an attack on the welfare state or in support of it? is it about meritocracy or what? I put vaguely disagree for that one because it seems rather suspicious and a little tabloidy but I could well have misinterpreted it.

well, there were some rather odd questions. like, "Some people are just naturally unlucky, agree/disagree". is that supposed to be an attack on the welfare state or in support of it? is it about meritocracy or what? I put vaguely disagree for that one because it seems rather suspicious and a little tabloidy but I could well have misinterpreted it.

Haha, I just interpreted it at face value.

Me being as much of an ass as physically possible:

pcgraphpng.php

My real one that I took a few weeks ago though:

pcgraphpng.php

I was surprised at how left I'd become as opposed to my usual identifying as right-of-centre.

"No one chooses his or her country of birth, so it's foolish to be proud of it." What does this mean! I mean it seems reasonable to be proud of one's country, just silly to be proud of being born there. That and "Military action that defies international law is sometimes justified"; I don't want to "strongly disagree" with this because I'm reluctant to rule out all hypothetical situations. And "There is now a worrying fusion of information and entertainment", I guess I sort of get what it's asking, but I'm still not totally sure what it means. :( I am so bad at taking Internet tests; I always quit if there are one or two questions I can't answer.

The former question is, I assume, about people who have strong pride in the country they were born in. (American and proud, etc.) Whether the question is asked ridiculously or is misleading is... a different matter.

If you don't want to strongly disagree, then don't! Personally I didn't want to rule out all hypothetical situations either so I just disagreed.

"There is now a worrying fusion of information and entertainment" - this is about how the news makes events (like what's going on over here) seems way out of proportion because it gets more media attention than if they were to, say, show what was actually happening. Or how Fox the news says everything is going to kill you be afraid because it makes for better news!

pcgraphpng.php

Green is clearly the best place to be.
I'd love to hang with folks like Gandhi.

(-6.25, -3.85)

Um, just as a warning to everyone, I went to this site again and I got like seven Trojans from it, and my computer's systems were screaming "run away! run away!".

Some of these questions make me genuinely angry. Like "Mothers may have careers, but their first duty is to be homemakers." I'm sure there are people that agree with that, but.... ugh.

Anyway:
pcgraphpng.php

pcgraphpng.php

took another shot; fiddled with a handful of questions I was unsure about

many of the questions aren't very clear! Like the "a significant advantage of a one-party system one". While it is an advantage and I would acknowledge that, it doesn't mean I like or approve of one-party systems, and I wasn't sure how to answer in cases like those!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom