• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Premarital sex?

Sex?

• yes

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • okay... no

Votes: 15 30.6%

• Total voters
Eh, who cares if you're married or not? What consenting adults do is nobody elses' business.

I like it how people who preach against premarital sex are often opposed to gay marriage. These two beliefs are obviously completely coincidental.

Those people want a world where every man marries a woman, has 2.4 children, a dog and go to church very sunday. *nodnod*

...In a way, premarital sex keeps the world interesting. :)

Hells yes. I mean, people can do whatever they want, but there's no way I'm waiting for sex until after I dish out a fat wad of cash so I can have a wedding.

If you live in the UK, the law was changed a few years ago, it's now 16 for homosexual sex as well. Still no law for lesbians though.

I though homosexual meant same-sex relationships. Why would they have a homosexual law and then a separate law for lesbians?

But is that really fair.

1) Your a murderer

2) Youre killing an innocent baby that didn't mean to be born

3) If everyone was talking about their kids and knew you were pregnant but you got rid of the kid then you look even worse.

I sorta believe in women's right to choose but I think abortions should only happen on extreme occasions. Like say you were dying or the baby doesn't have brain activity yet. And maybe 1 abortion per lifetime.

Its not fair to get rid of a baby because you just don't want anyone to know you were screwing around.

Well then it got its wish, didn't it? If you abort it it won't be born so it won't feel sad that you forced it to be! :D

no really who cares about "looking bad." Not everyone falls under peer pressure.

OH NO I MURDERED A CLUMP OF CELLS THAT CAN'T FEEL OR THINK OR ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING WOE IS ME I FEEL TERRIBLE

I though homosexual meant same-sex relationships. Why would they have a homosexual law and then a separate law for lesbians?

That was bad phrasing, but there's never been an age of consent for f/f sex, apparently because Queen Victoria, bless her, didn't think it was possible X3

But I think it's wrong because sex before someone's emotionally ready can be extremely damaging to them, and the law should reflect this with the same respect it does with m/f and m/m couples.

Having sex is natural and we've been doing it for hundreds of thousands of years and beyond. Marriage is an artificial construct. One that makes people happy if they go for that sort of thing, yes, but still.

Oh god cavemen had premarital sex they must all have been sinners. What makes it any worse now than it was then?

Personally, I myself would choose the "no" option for premarital sex, but that's just me. I don't give a damn whether other people do or not.

Well then it got its wish, didn't it? If you abort it it won't be born so it won't feel sad that you forced it to be! :D

no really who cares about "looking bad." Not everyone falls under peer pressure.

OH NO I MURDERED A CLUMP OF CELLS THAT CAN'T FEEL OR THINK OR ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING WOE IS ME I FEEL TERRIBLE

...shouldn't you be discussing this in the "abortion" thread?

I don't really have a problem with it, as I'll prolly do it myself. However, I would probably wait until I was *pretty* sure I was going to marry them. Idk.

Oh god cavemen had premarital sex they must all have been sinners. What makes it any worse now than it was then?

Well, to be fair, Marriage didn't exist back then X3

Anyways, I say, like everybody else in here, Go for it. It isn't affecting me as long as you aren't doing it in front of me...

I plan to wait until marriage myself, actually. Make sure I am with somebody I truly love. Also, I think of it as a way to test my future spouse as well. If they can wait until marriage, well then, I am able to see that they respect me :3

But I think it's wrong because sex before someone's emotionally ready can be extremely damaging to them
I've noticed this too. Mostly in high school, but a couple times with people from work as well. It can definitely mess people up. Not everybody, but most that I've seen.

I would probably wait until I was *pretty* sure I was going to marry them. Idk.
This.

I plan to wait until marriage myself, actually. Make sure I am with somebody I truly love. Also, I think of it as a way to test my future spouse as well. If they can wait until marriage, well then, I am able to see that they respect me :3
Also this. Personally, I plan to wait until I'm married, or until I'm sure I'm going to marry the person. For a few reasons, but this d00d here covered two of them very nicely. Reason number three would be that I don't really care about ever actually getting laid at all - Lack of hormones for the win (Or for the loss. Depending on how you look at it). There are many more reasons, but beyond what I've said here, most of them are still purely in thought form. That is, I don't have any words for a lot of it, because nobody but me needs to understand.

EDIT:
For the record, I don't have any problem with other people having sex before marriage. It isn't really any of my business what other people do, and it doesn't really bother me as long as they don't make it my business. Like this one girl from work was having pseudo phone-sex with her boyfriend while I'm driving her home, and trying to arrange 'something' for later. That was just too much.

Last edited:
I plan to wait until marriage myself, actually. Make sure I am with somebody I truly love.
yeah bro when I have sex with people I stop loving them too

(what)

Also, I think of it as a way to test my future spouse as well. If they can wait until marriage, well then, I am able to see that they respect me :3
This is a load of crap and kinda pisses me off. E only respects you if e is willing to arbitrarily wait one or two or three years to have sex? What the fuck? Why do you need to test your partner by hanging things over eir head? How about judging the person by HOW E ACTS AROUND YOU FOR THE YEARS YOU ARE DATING?

This is a load of crap and kinda pisses me off. E only respects you if e is willing to arbitrarily wait one or two or three years to have sex? What the fuck? Why do you need to test your partner by hanging things over eir head? How about judging the person by HOW E ACTS AROUND YOU FOR THE YEARS YOU ARE DATING?

That would come into account as well. Besides, the only way they would get some is either through marriage or rape, and I don't think rape shows alot of respect XD

So you cheerfully judge potential partners by putting them through cute little tests of endurance. What's next, you're not allowed to eat chocolate until we get married to prove how much you love me?

That's pretty scummy. I pity anyone who ever dates you.

So you cheerfully judge potential partners by putting them through cute little tests of endurance. What's next, you're not allowed to eat chocolate until we get married to prove how much you love me?

That's pretty scummy. I pity anyone who ever dates you.

Hey! So, what, if I want to wait until marriage, but they don't, I should go against what I think is right, and go fuck them when they ask?

But I'm really interested in hearing you defend it. o.o (Don't mean that in a bad way, I just genuinely am.) Don't worry about flaming me - I won't mind. ^^;

Hey! So, what, if I want to wait until marriage, but they don't, I should go against what I think is right, and go fuck them when they ask?
Well, first off, you should stop confusing concepts. (Frankly everyone should stop confusing these.)

I am greatly offended by your motive, not your potential actions. If you are merely uncomfortable with having premarital sex, that's still pretty stupid, but a far cry from dangling it over your partner's head as a test. (Although I suspect you invented that to make yourself feel better about not wanting sex in the first place.)

Similarly, punching someone in the face for stealing a purse is generally okay, but punching someone in the face for offering to polish your shoes is not.

What exactly do you think "right" means, and why is waiting "right"? The word has some four different meanings and I wish we could stop using it naked in the debate hall.

Well, as XS put it before deleting his post, it makes me feel uncomfortable, the idea of having sex before marriage. Wouldn't it be more respectful to wait until I am comfortable? Heck, in the end, I might not even wait until marriage! But, as for the present, I believe that to be the time that I would be most comfortable. It is mostly rooted in me being brought up as a Christian Catholic, though, so, as I said before, I could decide at any time that I am comfortable, and the time isn't necessarily after marriage. If they can't wait that long and break up with me because of that, then fine, whatever

Think of it this way: Would you want to be pressured into doing something you aren't comfortable with at that time?

EDIT: Eevee: I think that was more of me having a poor choice of words ^^; Sorry about that

Back
Top Bottom