• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Question Box

Please excuse me for this intrusion, but would this mean that if one of those moves has already been set up, then would we be able to have another Pokémon on the same team, who isn't the Pokémon who used the move first, pay the upkeep cost for one of these moves? Thank you.

Please excuse me for this intrusion, but would this mean that if one of those moves has already been set up, then would we be able to have another Pokémon on the same team, who isn't the Pokémon who used the move first, pay the upkeep cost for one of these moves? Thank you.
Don't worry about it. I'm actually not entirely sure about whether any Pokemon other than the original user or a Pokemon directly replacing the original user (after they faint or by switching with them) can upkeep the moves; in doubt, I'd keep it at only those.

Swellow with Guts + Pikachu with Lightningrod does thunder on swellow ( would thunder armor happen ? ) & if not why would it backfire ?

Maybe I missed it, but I can't really find anything about intentionally and specifically forfeiting in the rules... that's why I asked that question. All I see is about disqualification or agreeing to end it in a draw. I've also checked the Referee's HQ. If I did miss it though, could someone point out exactly what happens if you do this?
Ah, my bad, I was thinking of a little back-and-forth that happened in the old ASB Rules thread. Negrek never did actually specify what regular forfeit procedure was supposed to be, but I guess it's not too difficult to infer...

Er-hem. It depends a little on how much progress the match has made. Monetary prizes are handed out as per the amount of Pokémon that ended up fighting in the battle -- if only the first sendouts fought, then the prizes would be divved as they would for a complete 1v1 fight, even if the fight was supposed to be a 2v2 or higher. Experience is a little more of a grey area; it might be awarded to the Pokémon if they were on the field for, say, at least five rounds, but it won't be awarded if the battle is ending very shortly after it began.

Hmm, the way I see it, forfeiting is pretty much like a sped-up intentional DQ loss. I think we should follow prize distribution in that case, except that the person who forfeits does get a prize. So for money, basically what MF said, but I think experience should be doled out that way as well. I think we should only withhold EXP if there's a pattern of someone taking battles and then forfeiting for quick EXP.

Can a pokémon extend the duration of something like Rain Dance or Safeguard by using the attack again before it's expired?

I think it would be no to Rain Dance and other stuff that can't be dropped at will (you can't make it rain while it's already raining + in-game precedent) but yes to Safeguard and similar moves (the Pokemon can drop the Safeguard and set up a new one in the same action, effectively extending the original one's duration, since dropping doesn't take an action).

The special attack drop of overheat, draco meteor, etc are costs associated with using the move, not with it hitting, so as long as you successfully get the move off, you pay the cost for it. So if the opponent uses protect or is underground, sucks for you; if you were imprisoned and it failed completely, no drop.

You can use a weather move when other weather conditions are in effect, and you'll just clear them to institute your own. I think they should be effectively "renewable" with the same reasoning - it interrupts the current condition and changes it to the new one, which just happens to be the same. (Well, sandstorm wouldn't clear or be cleared by the others, but hail and rain dance can interrupt each other and are both just kinds of precipitation, so.)

Upkeep moves should definitely be renewable.

Whirlpool is not an upkeep move, only moves in that category have upkeep costs.

Test battles take up a battle slot unless the challenge says otherwise. So test battles issued earlier won't suddenly take up a slot where they didn't before, but newer test battles will.

Is short Uproar a thing after all, or not? I need to know for my current battle.

EDIT: Also I've been silently giving test refs ref powers so they can create their battles themselves... I never officially said anything about it because I was like "oh I'll make it so that blazheirio can give out ref powers soon and then I'll find some way of properly supporting rentals for test battles and..." and that obviously hasn't happened yet lmao.

But yeah, I Liek Squirtles and TruetoCheese have ref powers now, I'll go poke them to create their battles.

Back
Top Bottom