• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Referee Headquarters

Amoeba

Correct; you should only announce emergency reffings. Assuming that you're talking about the reffings for Chewy the Crispy Crunch and Cryptica, I'm not sure how I missed them. They're included in this week's pay instead.

Paychecks

Amoeba: 1 2 = $6
Kindling Queen: 1 2 = $6
Negrek: 1 = $10

Wow, I don't even know why I try anymore...

sandmouse said:
6 vs 6
1 Out at a Time
DQ: 1 Week
Damage Caps: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Healing, earthquake, dig, any other logically impossible move.
Location: A large, murky pond. There are 5' lily pads for land Pokemon.

Megan (XOOOOO)
[Mudkip] Kips (M)
Health: 0%
Energy: 42%
Knocked Out!

sandmouse (OOOOOO)
[Magnemite] <Magnet Pull> Rusty (X)
Health: 39% (capped)
Energy: 69%
-Glad to see the tail end of the annoying mudkip. Getting worked up and ready to take on its next opponent. -1 Accuracy

Terrain Notes
By this point, the rain is beginning to slacken, but it will probably stick around for a little bit longer (2 more actions).

Megan said:
Dun dun...
I'm sending out Maichi, my female Machop with guts!
:machop: <(MA-chop.)

How do you like me now?

*bombed*

sandmouse said:
Double-Team, Rain Dance aqain, and Thunder!

Megan said:
Okay, Maichi, we need to get Rusty out of the arena before he has the chance to do any more damage! Try a Fire Punch, Karate Chop, then chill if it gets knocked out. If it's still in battle, give it another Karate Chop.

Fire Punch ~ Karate Chop ~ Chill/Karate Chop

Round X

As sandmouse and Rusty celebrated their victory, Megan slowly took out her Pokeball and called back Kips. She then whipped out another Pokeball and threw it into the air. A light emerged and formed on one of the lily pads. The light dissipated, and in its place was Megan’s Machop, Maichi. Rusty and sandmouse soon stopped celebrating and started mentally preparing for the round to come.

The round officially began when Rusty started vibrating. This soon escalated to a violent shaking as Rusty moved around the arena erratically, leaving small vibrating figures as it went. It finally stopped, and suddenly 4 Rustys were looming over poor Maichi on the lily. Maichi, however, was not scared at all, rather amused at the futile attempt to confuse her. She concentrated all her mental power into her right arm, which soon burst into flames. Maichi took a charging step and aimed at one of the Rustys floating above. It was a direct hit, but as soon as Maichi landed on the next lily, she heard a small popping sound and the chuckles of the other Rustys. She growled and cursed herself for hitting a clone.

Rusty decided this was a good time to launch its next move, and so it and the others created a small ball of glowing blue energy and hurled it towards the sky. The clouds that had just let up were soon filling in again and in almost no time at all, the rain was pouring down in sheets. Maichi was not thrilled at this revelation, but she managed to cast the thought away and launch her next attack that she know would score a hit. She flexed her fingers on her right arm, set them in the correct position, and jumped straight towards another one of the Rustys. This time she felt the sickening crack of hand on metal that resounded with the piercing scream from Rusty as Maichi landed a successful Karate Chop on her. Rusty was flung away into a rock, and it going into shock destroyed the other clones in a flash of light.

Rusty quickly composed itself and started floating again. It was furious at Maichi for figuring out its ruse, but it knew she was almost done for. It mustered as much energy as it could, and sent a huge bolt of electricity towards the sky. Both Rusty and Maichi waited as the clouds crackled with the electiricity, before the clouds unleashed a huge bolt of lightning. Maichi tried to dodge, but it was to no avail. She was struck dead on by the bolt of electricity and stopped in her tracks. As soon as the torture stopped, Maichi was limping away, trying to shake the attack off. Rusty had a smug look on her face, as much as a Magnemite can. Maichi, however, was not done yet. She turned a round and started running towards Rusty. Rusty was too busy celebrating to notice Maichi, and so she was surprised when Maichi’s figure appeared in front of her. She let out a tiny whimper before Maichi’s Karate Chop blew her away and into the water. She slowly emerges, and the round ends with both of them locked in a death stare as the rain creates an almost eerie picture with the arena.

Round X End

Pokemon Status:

Megan (XOOOOO)
[Machop] <Guts> Maichi (F)
Health: 87%
Energy: 85%

sandmouse (OOOOOO)
[Magnemite] <Magnet Pull> Rusty (X)
Health: 23%
Energy: 55%
Status: Trying not to collapse from exhaustion. -1 Accuracy

Arena Notes:
Rain is still falling pretty hard (6 more actions)
A couple scorch marks on one of the lily pads from Maichi’s arm landing on it with Fire Punch
An indentation in the rock where Rusty crashed

Other:
Rusty made 3 clones
Wasn’t sure how long Rain Dance lasts, so I put 6 more actions
Fire Punch hit a clone
The first Karate Chop gave Maichi the knowledge of which Rusty was real, so I “killed” the others​

Styliboy

Please don't put huge quote blocks in your mock reffings. I've said that a couple of times before.

The battle description is fine. You do contradict yourself in the end notes, though--in the description, Rusty made four clones, but in the end stats it says three. Additionally, you make it sound as though hitting a clone with the first attack was what allowed Maichi to pick the correct target. This shouldn't happen; each strike at a pokémon with clones should be as random as the last, unless you're using a never-miss attack or something. There's nothing in the narration to indicate how Maichi was suddenly able to figure out the correct target. You could have made her able to see due to the rain, which would fall through all the clones but fall on the real target, but there was no mention of this.

Damage and energy looks all right.

The problem with the clones is pretty serious, but other than that, there are no problems. If you ever have questions about how a certain attack should work (e.g. double team), just ask. Approved

Paychecks

Chiropter: 1 = $10
Grass King: 1 2 = $6
Kindling Queen: 1 2 3 4 = $12
Kratos Aurion: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 = $70
Kusarigamaitachi: 1 = $10
MurrMurr: 1 = $6
Negrek: 1 2 3 4 = $40

I understand the Maichi hitting Rusty part, but in the description I said 4 Rustys were over Maichi, which means one of them was real and the other three were clones. Sorry if I made that hard to understand...

Post the link to the battle here, and then post the link to the HQ post in the bank to get the money.

Paychecks

Kindling Queen: 1 = $3
Kratos Aurion: 1 = $10
Negrek: 1 2 3 4 = $40
StyliBoy: 1 = $3

A new novice-level mock battle has also been added.

Last edited:
I'm a glutton for punishment :> Here comes an Elite Mock tryout~

------------------------------------------------------------------

Round ???

Pre-Round

Team "Five"

Crystylla
(O)

dpffa302.png

Shard (♀)
<Keen Eye>
Health: 83%
Energy: 51%
Chills: 2/3
Recoveries: 1/3
- Extremely angry with Jyrni'lant and a bit battered after earthquake and ancientpower. Still much better after her rest, though.
Toxic @ both (Jyrni'lant is higher priority) ~ Brick Break @ Tyranitar ~ Brick Break @ Spheal / Dynamicpunch @ Spheal

Salazard-san (O)

dpffa371.png

Bagon (♂)
<Rock Head>
Health: 82%
Energy: 4%
Chills: 0/3
- Totally focused on battle. Doesn't even notice his extreme fatigue.
Chill ~ Chill ~ Chill

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Team "Six"

honalululand
(O)

dpffa363.png

Alicia (♀)
<Ice Body>
Health: 98%
Energy: 20%
- Still tired, but feeling very secure at the moment. Hanging on to Jyrni'lant's shoulder.
Encore @ Bagon/Charm @ Bagon ~ Encore @ Bagon/Sub (10%) ~ Encore @ Bagon/Growl @ Bagon

Larissa (O)

dpffa248.png

Jyrni'lant (♂)
<Sand Stream>
Health: 97%
Energy: 28%
Chills: 0/3
Recoveries: 0/3
- Getting weary, but still overwhelmingly confident.
Chill @ Self ~ Ice Beam @ Shard/Attract @ Shard ~ Sandstorm @ Field (block attacks)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The wear of battle obviously taking it's toll on all ends, even the battlefield seems to be grasping for a break; it's once serene landscape shattered and in ruins, covered in it's own wounds of battle. Despite all their fatigue, however, each competitor is still more than ready to take it to eachother; their spirits and will surprisingly high. Despite this, upon their trainers commands, nothing is to stop Jyrni'lant from quickly crashing with a distinct "Thud" to a sitting position as he pants for a moment to try and regain some of his energy. Meanwhile on the other side of the field, Bagon, upon being ordered to do the same, is somewhat less willing. Although visibly the most exerted upon the field, his excitement is getting the better of him, and he can't help but bounce around with an eager demeanour; wishing he could take a good bite of seal meat right about now. It doesn't last long, though, as the hardheaded little lizard drops to the ground completely winded - no choice but to catch his breath for awhile.
Shard, meanwhile, scoffing at her partner's over-exuberance, makes a line towards the resting Tyranitar; dodging obstacles now presented by the battered land as she goes. Her mouth reveals a toothy grin gargling with a vile, purple liquid summoned from the depths of her gut. She goes to take a leap at the shoulders of her massive foe... but doesn't quite make it, catching a foot in an errant crack in the ground, she stumbles momentarily alerting both foes to her attack. "Great, they were perfectly lined up, too" she swears as the startled Spheal rolls down Jyrni's back and onto the ground. "Oh well" she grins as she takes another attempt at a leap, this time lifting off the ground and up towards the shoulders of the massive rock-beast whom has yet had time to adequately react. Staring him right in the eyes, she shots an evil grin before spitting up her vile concoction up all over Jyrni's face. He roars as he shakes his head out; Unfortunately it didn't quite hit the mark of heading directly down his throat, but it was enough to get him choking and gagging. Shard quickly detaches and jumps to the ground to avoiding the impending swat Jyrni launches at his shoulder. Alicia is still stunned as she rolls back upright, she had been watching the Bagon she was meant to target carefully, but as the poor thing thrashed and sputtered itself out she was unable to determine which action to take on her trainer's behalf.

<Shard ~ -6E>
<Bagon ~ +5E>
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<Alicia ~ N/A>
<Jyrni'lant ~ +10E - *Mildly Poisoned*>​

Jyrni'lant, who is sputtering and spitting the last of the vile Sableye goo from his mouth that he can reach, extends a death-glare directly towards her. Shard, still ready for some revenge, is in an obvious offensive-rebound stance. Jyrni wants nothing more than to rip her insolent, grinning, shiny little head clean off, but his trainer's commands ring in his head. Snarling and maligned to his orders, he quickly wipes his face in favour of his best charm-face; Which for a Tyranitar is rather less than charming as it is. Looking Shard right in the eyes he lines up to lay down his best lines. Shard has different ideas, still fuming she simply snarls and lunges directly at Jyrni who has time to do little more than drop a grin. With an exceptionally clean-lined karate chop, Shard's partially immaterial hand rips straight down Jyrni's chest, leaving in it's wake shattered rocky armour which juts inward into his dark, evil, smooshy innards. Recoiling and roaring with ear-shattering pitch, the rock-beast stumbles trying to regain his composure. That HURT. Why that insolent buggering little IMP. Jyrni continues to roar and starts to stomp his feet in a pained, angry rage. Meanwhile behind both, as a loss of what else to do, Alicia sharply exhales a frigid, icy breath towards the ground. The ice quickly catches various dirts and objects and begins to form a glistening ball of ice and debris about equal in size to Alicia herself. Bagon, still catching a rest in relative peace with the lack of attacks aimed his general area, barely notices the disturbances around him.

<Shard ~ -2E>
<Bagon ~ +15E>
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<Alicia ~ -5E - -10HP (10% Substitute)>
<Jyrni'lant ~ -29HP (28% Brick Break - 1% Poison)>​

Shard at this point, has jumped clean over Jyrni and is eyeing Alicia's shiny new Substitute with a malicious glint. Readying another Brick Break intent to smash it into a million shiny, pretty pieces; she's disrupted as the ground begins to shake. Jyrni, in an angered rage, begins to vent streams of sand from the various openings in his armour. Roaring loudly, kicking, and stomping about, he continues to make a spectacle of a ruckus, all the while spilling and knocking all sorts of dirt and debris into the air. The winds pick up with the vented sands and the cracks in the ground widen and offer their own material as the ground shakes from the heavy stomping. Several trees in the distance falls over as the ground gives way, and spill both leaves and kicked up dirt into the mix. With all said and done, a NASTY sandstorm has been whipped up, and Shard and Alicia can only stand and brace themselves against the torrent or eroding debris; Alicia's substitute glued to the ground by it's frozen components but no less eroded away somewhat. Bagon in the distance, despite apparently an exceptionally heavy sleeper, is unable to ignore the whipping winds and debris, and gets up grumpily despite his chance at relative peace.

<Shard ~ -2HP (2% Sandstorm)>
<Bagon ~ +13E - -1HP (1% Sandstorm)>
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<Alicia ~ -1 HP (1% Sandstorm) {Sub -2HP (2% Sandstorm)}>
<Jyrni'lant ~ -10E>​

Damage Report and Summary

~Field Effects~
{Sandstorm *8 Turns Remaining*}

Team "Five"

Crystylla
(O)

dpffa302.png

Shard (♀)
<Keen Eye>
Health: 81% -2%
Energy: 43% -8%
- Pleased with the pain she was able to inflict on that rock-beastie, But it sure is NOISY.

Salazard-san (O)

dpffa371.png

Bagon (♂)
<Rock Head>
Health: 81% -1%
Energy: 37% +33%
Chills: 3/3
- Grumpy due to rude awakenings and rather groggy, but rested up and ready for another go.

Team "Six"

honalululand
(O)

dpffa363.png

Alicia (♀)
<Ice Body>
{Substitute *8% Health*}
Health: 87% -11%
Energy: 15% -5%
- Confused and a bit scared, and far more than a little winded. Hiding behind her substitute shielding herself from the sandstorm wondering what to do next.

Larissa (O)

dpffa248.png

Jyrni'lant (♂)
<Sand Stream>
{Poison *Mild*}
Health: 68% -29%
Energy: 19%
Chills: 1/3
- RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWRRR!!! SMASH, IMPY, THING..... Seriously, Ouch... I feel sick...

Terrain Notes
The land is no better for wear, and is now being ripped apart by a vicious sandstorm. Some of the existing cracks have widened slightly with the stomping of Jyrni's fit, as well as most of the trees in sight by now having gone down. Some cracks have become dangerously large, and water from the centre pond is draining down into some. Grass is being flattened and ripped up and leaving the storm-pelted landscape looking more and more like a barren wasteland.

Ref Notes
- Shard's Toxic rolled a 14/100, hence her trip and alerting her opponents. She was still able to connect it, but only to Jyrni'lant and with reduced effectiveness. It also cost more energy. (6%)
- Bagon, still excitable from last round ((Judging from the Notes section)) had his first chill's effectiveness reduced.
- Alicia, who was unable to determine is Bagon's excited thrashing followed by power-nap was an attack or a buff combined with Shard's impromptu assault, did nothing for action 1.
- Jyrni'lant used a large amount of energy to summon his sandstorm due to being in a rage over his inability to hit Shard and her exceptionally hard hit on him. Attract failed but used no energy.

Mock-Specific Notes (Mostly inconsistencies that would not be in place in a normal full battle, but have appeared in this clip of a mid-battle scene)
- Alicia has an unspecified ability, Spheal able to boast Thick Fat or Ice Body. For the sake of this mock and since it won't come into play, anyway, I'll assume Ice Body. (Also judging that I would personally NEVER put Thick Fat on a Spheal xD; )
- Tyranitar naturally has the "Sand Stream" ability which should summon a permanent sandstorm, however none was specified AND a command issued included summoning one; Thus I'll be assuming that some time earlier the Sandstorm created by Sand Stream was dispelled.
- I noticed "I thought Larissa was supposed to post first" said by Honolululand. For the sake of this mock being an apparently copy-paste of a previous match and with insufficient info to judge it coming into play, I'm assuming the order is irrelevant anyway.

Last edited:
Your battle description is quite good, for the most part. You do have problems with grammar and sentence construction, though. There are plenty of typos littered throughout the reffing, and you use "it's" instead of "its" (its being the possessive form). Overall, though, the quality of the description makes up for it.

However, I do question some of the things that you portray:

1. If you're going to go with Alicia not being able to tell which attack she should have used on her first action (though, despite the thrashing, he pretty clearly didn't damage anything, yes?), then she should have used encore on the second action. Her commands state that she should encore the first time Bagon used something nondamaging, and on the second action it was pretty obvious what he was up to.
2. Jyrni'lant takes "mild poisoning"... what does this mean, exactly? You have it deal 1% damage the action after it takes effect, but nothing after that, and no indication in the final status of how that condition will take effect in future rounds. If you want to indicate that the toxic was less effective than usual due to the low dose, it's more traditional to simply make the status normal poisoning, which usually does 2-3% damage per round.
3. Why did Jyrni'lant get only 10% for his chill, when Bagon would later get 15%?
4. Why did Alicia take only 1% sandstorm damage when her sub and Shard took two? Was the sub just able to block some of the winds somehow?

Energy usage was overall okay, though I would probably have toxic and sandstorm more on par with one another, sandstorm requiring just a little more energy to use. Brick break at two percent energy is a bit under par as well; 3-4% is about right for a sableye and that attack.

What really stands out is the amount of damage Jyrni'lant took from the brick break... 28% is huge. I no longer use a straight 4x multiplier on double SE attacks for that reason. I would encourage you not to, either, but if your scale just tends to run very high, it might be all right. Without any other direct damage dealt this round for comparison, though, I can't really say whether it makes sense in the context of how much damage other attacks deal. For the record, I would have the attack deal exactly half what you did.

Kudos to you for trying out the hardest mock battle, but at this point. Your description is definitely very promising, but most of this qualms I have with this reffing are to do with more conceptual things--namely the interpretation of attacks. Your energy and damage scale seems a bit sketchy as well. Not Approved on this one, but I encourage you to reapply.

Ah.. Apologies for the grammar. I have a bit of trouble with a certain.. "Disconnection" between mind and typing on longer projects. I tend to replace the words that I mean to say with other, similar ones that may fit in another context but break the sentence. I don't know what it is, but I tend to rarely catch it as in my head its all fine and clear. I hope it isn't a problem for anyone.. I did catch an replace a few in rereads later on but obviously missed others. ( I was also unsure of the its / it's variance - most of my advanced English is admittedly picked up on the internet over the years - Which is a less than reliable source~ )

Anyway, for explanations -

1: I was actually unsure if Encore affects the Rest action, being unique to ASB. Also the limit to 3 rests in this battle, I thought it would either cause a conflict or simply be ineffective.
Not attacking was due mostly to the interesting roll for Shard's toxic, on a realm between outright missing and a light hit and my interpretation of the "Stumble".

2: The "Mild Poison" effect was my own interpretation of a borderline-miss/failure of the Toxic roll (Of 14). At the time I was under the impression that Toxic was of 90% accuracy, which I re-confirmed as 85%. (Meaning it would have missed or struck a "Glancing Blow" which wouldn't poison.) Still, I perceived it as a "Very Near Miss" and Mild Poison was my answer to it, being a very light (Think enough for a stomach ache) status which would deal around 1% per every 2 or so actions.

3: Jyrni'lant was portrayed as being interrupted by Shard and abruptly ending his rest to counter her rush. I forgot to add this to the ref notes.

4: That was about it - Shard was closer to Jyrni'lant and the target of his anger in kicking up the sandstorm, and Alicia was hiding behind her sub.

As for energy, I used a combination of the PP / Percent system and the specific battle situation. For example Shard's trip up jump, and Jyrni's angry fit after failing attract and being hit so hard adding a decent amount. As for the Brick Break, I blanked and didn't add the Base Power percentage boost - so my own mistake.
And for the Brick Break.. Yeah, I'm used to the DS mechanics and play in the competitive field. When I think of Brick Break hitting Tyranitar I think of Tyranitar dying, or nearly such. The 4x mod was sort of force of habit as I was running the calcs quickly, I had read the 1.5x / 2x notes but it slipped me, so again - my fault.

Thanks, though. I see where I went wrong - I go a bit strongly with my personal interpretations, but possibly don't note them quite enough. I'll be sure to try again when the next Elite goes up. (I do feel compelled to nail it, especially now. xP )

When you say "rest" in this context, I take it you mean chill? It's treated as an actual attack like any other in this ASB, so yes, it can be encored (taunted or snatched).

If you want to do something like mild poisoning, it's generally fine, but you need to explain somewhere in the post what that status means. Putting "(1% every two actions)" after "Mild Poison" in the ending stats would be fine, for example.

I put the new elite mock up last night; good luck.

Round ???

Pre-Round

Moonlit Shadow (OO)

153m.png

Thyme (♀)
<Overgrow>
Health: 89%
Energy: 72%
Status: Tired from the effort of light screen, though pleased with its effects.
Double Team ~ Razor Leaf@Quake ~ Swords Dance/Reflect(if Quake or Pyro manage to get a physical attack through the mist)

333m.png

Chanson (♀)
<Natural Cure>
Health: 84%
Energy: 84%
Status: Aching from the rock attack, but ready to get revenge. Slightly bulkier and heavier.
{+ 2 Attack, + 2 defence}
Mist ~ Aerial Ace@Pyro ~ Agility (to get away)

Charizard128 (OO)

155m.png

Pyro (♂)
<Blaze>
Health: 90%
Energy: 73%
Status: Disappointed by Thyme's evasion, but still full of battle spirit.
Flamethrower@Thyme ~ Counter/Flamethrower ~ Quick Attack (Follow Thyme)

232m.png

Quake (♂)
<Sturdy>
Health: 86%
Energy: 82%
Status: Smarting from the giga drain and eager to get back at Thyme for it. His armour is much thicker and heavier.
{+ 2 attack, + 2 defence, - 2 speed}
Get inside Mist/Rock Slide ~ Rapid Spin@Thyme (Get rid of Mist) ~ Rock Slide@Chanson

With a hot battle spirit, Pyro's back flares up intensely at his trainer's orders. Rearing his head back for a moment to collect his power, he spews forth a powerful stream of burning hot fire. Thyme is only barely able to react as she leaps to the right, her left side washed in flames. Cringing and crying out, she begins to quiver violently; splitting herself into two forms. Pyro grins, despite not getting the cleanest shot in he certainly managed some damage, especially without the protection of Light Screen shrouding Thyme.
Meanwhile, Chanson begins to collect moisture from all around. She flaps her cottony wings collecting a fine mist all around them as she goes - water particles drawn in from all over. There isn't much moisture to speak of, but its enough to eventually cause a veil of sparking mist to form around Chanson. Flapping her wings lightly she takes to the air towards Thyme... Or rather, Thymes. There's a wind picking up greatly above the arena which creates some turbulence, but at low-ground level it's remaining fairly tame. With more light flaps directing airflow towards Thyme's dual selves, she manages to coat their area of the arena with a cool, protective mist.
Quake meanwhile has been inching towards Chanson as best he could; But with his newfound bulkiness he's simply unable to work up the speed to catch the cotton-ball in time as she covers her team with her protective mist. He begins stomping at the ground, causing it to crack and crumble even more and revealing large chunks of debris sharding from their base. With one large heft, he flings the pile of rubble towards Chanson with an exceptional force. Chanson has absolutely no chance to dodge as rocks tumble into her misty cloak unimpeded and with great force. Even with her own boosted defensive boosts, she's swatted out of the sky like a paper plane by the falling stones - Tweeting and twittering sharply with a greatly pained tone as the rain of rocks smash her into the ground. *Critical Hit*

<Thyme ~ -13HP / -1E / {Double Team *1 Clone*}>
<Chanson ~ -15HP / -2E>
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<Pyro ~ -6E>
<Quake ~ -6E>​

Pyro pauses for a moment; He was meant to catch the flying cotton ball with a counterattack as she pursued him, but after an attack like that her getting up was questionable. His mind filled with thoughts that would confine a human to an asylum as he mulls over different ways to roast up some Bayleef as per his alternate commands. But much to his dismay - and almost everyone's surprise, the debris shifts momentarily before bursting off revealing a battered Chanson. Pyro just sits back and shoots him a wicked grin. The fluttering little cotton ball amused him greatly.
Thyme is more or less relieved that Pyro wasn't getting a chance at another potshot, and begins to gather leaves from around her neck; collecting them on the leaf atop her head - her clone copying her to avoid being identified. With one wave of, she flings them all at once in a cone-like pattern towards Quake. They tilt and twist in their own ways reminiscent of frisbees before wizzing past, slicing and tearing at Quake as they do. He roars and rolls up to protect himself. His armour tougher and heavier than usual they don't strike as hard as they could, but enough to hurt nonetheless.
Chanson soon after dives at Pyro, not at all apprehensive about hitting either of the opposing team. Pyro has no choice but to sit and take it as she swoops past at an amazing speed, aiming her hard beak for a solid hit across Pyro's head, and... *Whamph* - All in one motion, Pyro grabs a cottony wing of Chanson's as she bolts past in her attack run and spins the both of them a three-quarter turn, directing her flight path... Right into the ground. Chanson cries out as she takes a beak full of the hard platform - her own momentum turned against her. Pyro chuckles before delivering a solid kick to her side, sliding her a ways back across the stage back to her side.
Meanwhile, Quake has begun to spin at great speeds, his figure blurring like a top into a round convoluted mass. He begins to dart at Thyme as his speed seemingly caps, bumping into her and continuing to spin around, intent to dispell the mist. He manages to pick the right Thyme.. but to little damaging effect as he merely bumps and scrapes against her. But, the mist doesn't change, and as Quake slows and dizzily uncurls he finds the veil had barely shifted.

<Thyme ~ -1HP / -3E>
<Chanson ~ -10HP / -4E >
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<Pyro ~ -5HP / -3E>
<Quake ~ -7HP / -1E>​

Without so much as a second thought, Pyro turns his attention to Thyme. Without much notice he's darted off at an incredible speed - the lowered gravity and the flames from his back propelling him forwards. He beelines right for Thyme, who can't even think before he's rammed into her feet-first with an impressive looking flying kick. Unfortunately, the lowered gravity shows it's true effects here. With less mass than Thyme and more energy spent on speed than power, Pyro largely bounces off Thyme backwards and slides to the ground. No matter, though; He's caught up to her as was important.
Thyme is less enthusiastic, Pyro was no doubt ready to burn her up again and a Reflect would do nothing to hinder it. But her trainer knew best - closing her eyes she begins to glow a bright blue, energies collecting and forming a cloak of energy around her.
Chanson was on the other side of the platform by now, barely able to move she struggled to get up again. This battle was sadistic; And it wasn't over yet. Near the centre of the platform, Quake had begun stomping again, forming more craters as he collected rubble to throw. It was no doubt meant for her - she had to get up. Taking a moment to loosen up, she takes to the sky, struggling against the weight of her beaten and broken self. The wind is strong and even at ground level is able to sweep her back and forth, but she fights it and beats her wings faster. As she picks up speed, it becomes easier, and she begins to blaze along the ground along the edge of the platform. Quake begins to hurl his newfound debris at her; but it's no use, as it hits behind her as she continues to pick up speed and tumbles harmlessly over the edge.

<Thyme ~ -1HP / -3E>
<Chanson ~ -5E>
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<Pyro ~ -2E>
<Quake ~ -6E>​

Damage Report and Summary

Moonlit Shadow (OO)

153m.png

Thyme (♀)
<Overgrow>
{Reflect *5 Turns* / Mist *2 Turns* / 1 DT Clone}
Health: 74% -15%
Energy: 65% -7%
Status: A bit singed, and worrying a lot about the looming psychotic little fire-rat looming now too near her for comfort.

333m.png

Chanson (♀)
<Natural Cure>
{Mist *2 Turns*}
Health: 59% -25%
Energy: 73% -11%
Status: Battered, Beaten, and sore. But picking up speed and glad enough to have dodged Quake if only once.
{+ 1 Attack, + 1 Defence +2 Speed}

Charizard128 (OO)

155m.png

Pyro (♂)
<Blaze>
Health: 85% -5%
Energy: 62% -11%

232m.png

Quake (♂)
<Sturdy>
Health: 79% -7%
Energy: 69% -13%
Status: Annoying Bird, I am the great QUAKE!! ((I'm not supposed to have to aim!))
{+ 2 Attack, + 2 Defence, - 2 Speed}

Terrain Notes
More craters have been carved into the main platform, and its showing a lot of wear. The wind isn't looking to be letting up and many outer platforms are now glowing yellow.

Ref Notes
-No Double Team clone amount was specified, thus I assumed to create only one.
-Chanson took a Critical Rock Slide hit. This also lowered her stat-ups by a stage each.
-Rapid Spin does not dispell the Mist effect.

And there we are.. Try number two.. ^^;

Back
Top Bottom