• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Referee Headquarters

Let's try this one more time...

Arena Description:
Originally Posted by Urimu
3 vs 3
Single Battle
DQ: 7 Days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO
Arena: In a rain forest like forest with many tropical trees, but in one section is where there is a clearing of trees and in it where MOST of the main battling is.

Current Pokemon Status:
[Hitoku] Charmander (M)
Health: 72%
Energy: 77%
Commands: Slash - Ember - Swords Dance
~ Aggravated about the clones, and his wounds. (Attack +2)

[Kinji] Spearow (M)
Health: 88%
Energy: 76%
Commands: Double Team - Drill Peck - Aerial Ace
~ Starting to get cocky, thinking this will be an easy win. Has three new copies of self.

---------------​

State of field:
- Small charred patch from Ember. Otherwise the same.

Next Round's Commands:
Originally Posted by Keta
Alright Kinji, start off with an Agility, then fire off another Drill Peck, and Chill afterwards, but if you want to land, whatever you do, don't land on the ground.
Agility~Drill Peck~Chill

Originally Posted by Hitoku
You're doing good, Hitoku. Use a Dragon Dance. Try to dodge the Drill Peck and try to land a Slash. When Kinji's chilling, try a rock slide.
Dragon Dance~Dodge+Slash~Rock Slide

---------------

Round X

The round starts with Kinji and three clones all flying and Hitoku nursing his wounds on the forest floor. Kinji and his three clones start to speed up in the air, almost becoming invisible, before settling back down to a slightly faster speed than they were before. Hitoku begins to dance like a dragon, leaping and jumping around. This makes him feel more ferocious and agile. Both Pokemon are now rearing for the fight about to ensue.

Next, Kinji and his three clones' beaks start to spin faster and faster, until all you could see was a blurry form of a cone. Kinji and his copies dive down towards Hitoku, who jumps up as the birds fly low and swoop up, narrowly missing a direct hit that would leave a mark. Hitoku, as gravity takes hold and pulls him to the ground, takes a claw and slashes the bird closest to him. The bird gives out a squawk but then disappears, as the other three birds regroup and cackle at the Charmander's mistake. The Charmander, presumably, becomes enraged at the Spearow and at his own mistake.

Kinji and his two clones fly onto a tree branch to chill out and recover some energy. Hitoku, having done all he could do, was not able to perform Rock Slide on Kinji. The round ends with Kinji and his copies on a tree branch, and Hitoku mad at the Spearow and himself.

---------------​

Arena Status after Round X:
A burnt patch from the Ember the round before, and some grass cut up by the Spearow's Drill Peck. There are also some grass marks where Charmander performed his Dragon Dance.

Pokemon Status after Round X:
[Hitoku]Charmander(M)
Health: 72%
Energy: 68%
Commands: Dragon Dance~Dodge+Slash~Rock Slide
~"How could I be so stupid as to hit a clone!"

[Kinji]Spearow(M)
Health: 88%
Energy: 84%
Commands: Agility~Drill Peck~Chill
~"Haha! This Charmander is dumb, and this battle will be over quickly!"

Other:
-Hitoku never got to Rock Slide because he had already performed three actions
-Hitoku used 1% energy to jump up to dodge Drill Peck
-Kinji gained 15% energy from chilling

I hope I did better this time...

Last edited:
I have one question.

I think I read somewhere that to become a ref you must have participated in at least two battles that went all the way. But now I can't find where it said that, and I don't even remember if it ever said that or if I was just imagining things.

I was asking because I noticed a real lack in reffings in the emergency ref thread and I'd like to help out, but I can't seem to even get a battle finished because either the ref or the opponent dissappears or can't continue...

Dragon fails at ASB. >_<

4v4
One out at a time
DQ: 3 days
Damage Cap: 20%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Terrain:
A hedge maze. The ground is tightly packed earth, making digging and stuff hard. Very dry, as it's in an arid area.

ROUND X
opaltiger (OOOO)
vulpix
Revan (F)
Health: 10%
Energy: 16%
- Battered and broken. More energetic than she was earlier, but still tired. Determined. -4 Speed

Larissa (OOOO)
rhyhorn
Kinji-Nomi (F) <LightningRod>
Health: 26%
- Currently zoned out. Disappointed at not being able to finish Revan off, but confident. +4 attack, +1 Defense, -2 Speed​

Both Trainers hurriedly command their Pokemon, and the referee waves her hand for the Pokemon to start.

And the round begins! With.. A stare-off. Kinji-Nomi looks blankly at Revan, both Pokemon rather tired. Revan seems to be waiting, so Kinji-Nomi moves for the Vulpix, jumping forwards with claws extended. Revan yelps, leaping out of the way. Kinji-Nomi hits the ground right where Revan was a second a go, and looks up at Larissa in confusion. Revan, to the side, smirks a bit, still rather tired.
This had better end soon... The Rhyhorn whines, looking around for her enemy... There. Putting a fair amount of energy into it, Kinji-Nomi dashes at Revan, doing her best to impale the Vulpix on her horn. Naturally, she jumps to the side again, and is grazed on the hind leg by the horn. Revan moves a bit further back, and glares at Kinji-Nomi. The Rhyhorn, oblivious to Revan's angry glare, falls over with a loud thump, quickly falling into a light sleep. If it was a quick break her Trainer wanted, well.

Revan looks at the lump of rock and metal with a tired glare, before calling a few pulsing lights forward. They seem to leap out of the ground, and float over to Kinji-Nomi. The Vulpix looks away. Don't want to get confused by her own attack.. Kinji-Nomi opens her eyes a millimetre, and looks in amazement at the lights. Had she seen these before? Maybe.. In that other battle- all other thoughts leave her mind as the lights circle her head now. They were rather pretty... And Revan smirks in amusement at her opponent's state. Kinji-Nomi shakes her head and gets to her feet, if only to get a better look at the lights.

ROUND X
opaltiger (OOOO)
vulpix
Revan (F)
Health: 7%
Energy: 12%
- Exhausted, but determined knowing the battle will be over soon. -4 Speed

Larissa (OOOO)
rhyhorn
Kinji-Nomi (F) <LightningRod>
Energy: 32%
- Looking at the pretty lights. Confused (mild) +4 attack, +1 Defense, -2 Speed​

Ref Noteses~
-Revan took slight damage from the Horn Attack
-Didn't know how much energy to give Kinji-Nomi, so I went with 25%
-Larissa attacks first next round

I really should just try the Novice mock >_>

Hmm...time to test out my reffing skills here...Advanced Rank me thinks.

Negrek said:
Originally Posted by opaltiger
4v4
One out at a time
DQ: 3 days
Damage Cap: 20%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Terrain: A hedge maze. The ground is tightly packed earth, making digging and stuff hard. Very dry, as it's in an arid area.

opaltiger (OOOO)
[Revan] vulpix (F)
- Battered and broken. More energetic than she was earlier, but still tired. Determined. -4 Speed

Larissa (OOOO)
[Kinji-Nomi] rhyhorn (F) <LightningRod>
- Currently zoned out. Disappointed at not being able to finish Revan off, but confident. +4 attack, +1 Defense, -2 Speed

Terrain Notes
The tunnel is dark, lit only by the light pouring down the shafts that reach to the surface. Occasionally some clumps of dirt will tumble from the ceiling, but all in all it appears to be holding up well. (Both pokémon are underground.)

Okay, Kinji-nomi, let's go for it. Try another Crush Claw, that worked quite well. Then, conserve your energy and use a menial attack (read: Horn Attack). And then Chill. But Chill whenever you're low on energy, all right?

Crush Claw/Skill ~ Horn Attack/Chill ~ Chill

Quote:Originally Posted by opaltiger
First thing: If at any time you feel it is impossible to dodge a fatal attack, use all your energy and put it into an Overheat. Go out with a bang, yeah?

Okay, this round will be hectic. First we HAVE to dodge that Crush Claw. When he comes in to strike, try to dodge to one side; if there isn't enough space, jump back. If that won't work, try to jump onto him; in short, do everything you can to evade that attack. Now, afterwards he might not have enough energy to attack again; if so, Chill. If he does attack again, repeat earlier procedure. Finally, use Confuse Ray. =)

Dodge/Overheat~Dodge/Chill/Overheat~Confuse Ray

Starting Stats

opaltiger (OOOO)
[Revan]  vulpix (F)
'If I could...almost...uhhh'
Condition: Battered and broken. More energetic than she was earlier, but still tired. Determined. (Speed -4)
Attacks: Dodge/Overheat~Dodge/Chill/Overheat~Confuse Ray

Larissa (OOOO)
[Kinji-Nomi]  rhyhorn (F) [LightningRod]
'This is the round I am victorious!'
Condition: Currently zoned out. Disappointed at not being able to finish Revan off, but confident. (Attack +4, Defence +1, Speed -2)
Attacks: Crush Claw/Skill ~ Horn Attack/Chill ~ Chill

Round nth

The round begins with Rhyhorn charging at Vulpix, Vulpix, however, raises an eyebrow at this as Rhyhorn is so slow, Vulpix braced herself for dodging, won't jump on top as she might get speared by the horn, not to the side as she'll hit the wall. She decided to go backwards. Rhyhorn reached Vulpix and tried to hit her with her claw...but because she was going so slowly, Vulpix could have stepped back but instead she jumped back. Rhyhorn missed his Crush Claw and slammed his leg into the ground.

Vulpix sneered at the snarling Rhyhorn who was panting furiously. They looked at each other and nodded, it was time for a break. They both sat down and regained a small amount of energy.

Vulpix sat up and looked at Rhyhorn who was still sat down, eyes closed. Vulpix nearly laughed but stayed quiet as to not alert Rhyhorn. Vulpix concentrated and created a small ball of light which she then fired at Rhyhorn with a small pop. Rhyhorn opened his eyes after hearing the pop and was hit by an array of flashing lights. She blinked but could not get rid of the lights. They danced in front of her, almost taunting her.

End Stats
opaltiger (OOOO)
[Revan]  vulpix (F)
Energy: 19%
'Nearly there, I can see the end!'
Condition: Feeling slightly refreshed, happy with the way the round has gone. (Speed -4)

Larissa (OOOO)
[Kinji-Nomi]  rhyhorn (F) [LightningRod]
Energy: 21%
'Accursed lights!'
Condition: Feeling recharged yet cursing the taunting lights. (Attack +4, Defence +1, Speed -2)

Damage and Energy Stats
No damage this round.

Vulpix
-1 energy for the dodge
+5 energy for the Chill
-1 energy for the Confuse Ray

Rhyhorn
-1 energy for the charge
-2 energy for the Crush Claw
+5 for the Chill
+2 for the slight Chill

Side Notes

1) Rhyhorn is slow normally, -2 speed would have made it the speed of a Shellos

2) Slow moves are easy to dodge (at least in reality)

3) I gave Rhyhorn a small amount of energy for the last chill as Vulpix needed time to get her Confuse Ray up due to her having -4 speed.

4) opaltiger to issue attacks

StyliBoy

You weasel out of actually describing things a bit too much in the description--for example, when using dragon dance Hitoku "dances like a dragon"--which says nothing about how the attack actually looks. This leads to further problems because you reference the attack later in the terrain notes: you say that there are "grass marks" (not sure what you mean by that) from the attack, but there's no indication of how they were created, or why, in the actual description. You also shift between past and present tense rather than sticking to one or the other.

There should be some indication of how many clones Kinji has left in the end of round summary. Also, what happened to his attack boost?

Your health and energy looks fine. It's primarily your attack description that's holding you back now, plus the confusion with end stat stuff. You did a decent job in the second paragraph; try to focus on how the actions take place in the round, rather than simply whether they took place. Not Approved

Dragon

You have trouble staying in one tense over the course of the battle description, and please lay off the ellipses. The description is serviceable, but grammar/punctuation problems make it a bit of a chore to get through.

Twenty-five energy's definitely too high for a chill; fifteen is about the max, and ten is more common. In any case, I'm more concerned with how you end at 32% after that chill. Did crush claw and horn attack really take 9% energy to use? If so, then Revan should have used much, much more energy for her dodging and confuse ray.

Energy is the problem here. The chill thing is no big deal, but the issue with the amount Kinji-Nomi used to attack is. Your battle description could also use some polish. Not Approved

Rossymore

You have a big problem with run-on sentences. Your first sentence should actually be four, for example. In general, your description leaves much to be desired in terms of grammar and isn't very pleasant to read, I'm afraid. How did you decide that Kinji-Nomi was going to chill in the second action? He clearly had enough energy left to fire off at least a couple more attacks.

I'm not sure why you only gave Kinji-Nomi a small amount of energy back for the second chill; usually pokémon are able to chill even if struck by attacks. Unless what you meant was that Kinji-Nomi was "fully confused" for that action and would have struck herself, in which case that wasn't clear. There should also be some mention of Kinji-Nomi's confusion in the ending stats.

Health is okay, energy not as much--first of all, confuse ray should take more than 1% energy to use. Second, I'm not sure why you took energy off for "charging" with the crush claw. Not only was Kinji-Nomi not commanded to "charge," but unless a pokémon has to move an inordinate distance in order to connect with an attack, there is usually no cost to maneuvering.

There's a few things wrong here; your battle description could use work, but you're also doing some things that I don't understand with the simple mechanics of the match (the chill and the charge, mostly). I can't really offer any way to improve on that, except, uh, maybe explain your reasoning if you're going to do stuff like that in future apps? Not Approved

Paychecks

Chiropter: 1 = $10
Crazy Linoone: 1 = $6
Grass King: 1 2 = $6
Kindling Queen: 1 2 3 = $9
Kusarigamaitachi: 1 2 = $20
Negrek: 1 2 = $20
Whivit: 1 2 3 4 = $40

:sweatdrop:
Ah well, haven't done a reffing for quite a while so I thought I wouldn't make it. I'll try again some other time. Thank you Negrek.

New mock battles are up.

Paychecks

Chiropter: 1 2 = $20
Crazy Linoone: 1 = $6
Grass King: 1 = $3
Kindling Queen: 1 = $3
Kusarigamaitachi: 1 2 = $20
MurrMurr: 1 2 = $12
Negrek: 1 = $10
Whivit: 1 2 = $20

Going to go for the novice position. :) Best not start at the deep end.

Round ??? Begin

Cloudrunner's Pokemon: OO
[Arca] (M) <flash fire>
growlithe
Health: 100%
Commands:
Chill/Protect~Double Team/Sunny Day~Dig/Sunny Day

Master Mew's Pokemon: OO
[Yipper] (M) <Torrent>
mudkip
Energy: 80%
Status: Underground. Feeling secure and eager to see the effects of his rain dance.
Commands:
Water Gun ~ Dig ~ Dive

The sunlight is strong.

Arca knows all too well that his opponent's water gun attack will be useless from underground. He settles himself on the grass, laying down and sprawling his paws. His tongue lazily hangs out as he grins in the sunlight. A faint aura surrounds his body, rejuvinating his tired muscles.

Yipper however sits in his dark, cold underground tunnel rather confused at his trainer's command. Despite his puzzlement, he takes a leap of fath in his trainer and takes in a deep (and earthy) breath, before letting out a jet of water from his mouth. Unfortunately for him, it only splashes back as wet mud into his face, and partilally fills up the hole in the ground with water. Above ground, just where he had been digging, little muddy bubbles become visible. Good thing he has those gills.

Energetic and raring to go, Arca swiftly hops onto his feet with a gleam in his eye. Wasting little time, he begins to run back and forth between two spots across the field, faster and faster, until it appears that there are two Arcas standing confidently at seperate ends of the field.

As the water from Yipper's water gun begins to drain into the soil, the little amphibian is left muddy and disgruntled. What a waste of a move. The next command seems more promising, although it would go against his trainer's initial plans, he finds the now wet mud easy to work with. His little paws work furiously as he drives himself towards the sound of Arca's pattering feet. However, locating the speedy pup is a task in itself. Yipper lets his ears do the searching for him, tearing through the soil as fast as he can as not to miss his chance.

It's a direct hit! The ground appeares to explode beneath the real Arca, eliminating the clone with it. Chunks of mud and a yelping puppy fly into the air. Poor Arca crashes to the ground, filthy and grimmacing as his flaming coat is smothered in the mud. Yippa stands at the edge of his newly dug hole looking rather pleased with himself, his initial irritation forgotten about.

Staggering to his feet, Arca seems wary at first. He gives himself a good shake, flinging bits of mud in all directions. As the pain subsides, he remembers the command to dig. A subtle whine emits from his throat at the daunting prospect of coming into contact with the mud again. Nevertheless, he perseveres and begins by slowly pawing at the mud. It doesn't take him long to get into full swing, descending into the ground below.

The command to 'come back up with diving' sends Yipper into a panic! Has he missed something? Is he not paying close enough attention? He hasn't realised that it is in fact his trainer who has the commands mixed up. In fear of letting his trainer down, he sets forth towards the stream as fast as his tiny legs can carry him (not very fast) in order to try to catch up with the commands. He leaps into the stream in a diving motion, entering the water with a dainty 'plop'... only to be greeted by a bed of rocks! The water is just too shallow. Slamming into the rocks face first knocks the little guy into a daze, his body going rigid as he floats back up to the surface.

Round ??? End

Cloudrunner's Pokemon: OO
[Arca] (M) <flash fire>
growlithe
Health: 91%
Status: Feeling incredibly filthy, unhappy about being in the mud and out of the sunshine.

Master Mew's Pokemon: OO
[Yipper] (M) <Torrent>
mudkip
Health: 97%
Energy: 64%
Status: Just coming round from his little accident, has a very sore face and a thumping headache.

Summary and Notes:

Added an extra energy point to chill since Arca would recover quicker in the sun's heat, making it 11 energy points restored.

Yipper's status at the beginning of the round specified he was already underground, so water gun was used underground, he dug up from being underground instead of going underground and went to dive into the water instead of diving up from it.

Since no specific number of clones for Arca's double team was specified, the default of one clone was created.

Yipper lost 3 HP from smacking his face on some rocks.

The sunlight is strong for 3 more actions (1 more round).

Master Mew attacks first.

Attempting Advanced Level Please.

Original Ref said:
Crystylla (OOOO)
Seitha [F Scyther] <Swarm>
Health: 48%
Energy: 28%
Chill~Chill~Facade

Larissa (OOOX)
Kiyoshi [M Milotic]
Health: 0%
Energy: 20%
Chill~Ice Beam~Protect

Larissa said:
um wtf I haven't used Protect for a while how did it fail

Bleh. Screw you.

*grabs Pokéballs* Let's see... one fried Scyther's on the menu, so... let's send out my female Ninetales, Kyuushippo.

Start out with a nice Fire Blast, Kyuu, although change it to a more reliable Flamethrower if she tries to dodge. If she tries to Protect, then use Safeguard. :3

Anyway, your second attack should be Flamethrower. If she tries some sort of dodging manuever, use Faint Attack. Mwhahahahah.

Finally, use Confuse Ray. If she tries to Protect against it or something that would make it not work, use Will-o-Wisp. If she uses something to combat THAT, use Faint Attack.

Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Safeguard ~ Flamethrower/Faint Attack ~ Confuse Ray/Will-o-Wisp/Faint Attack

Ahahahahah Larissapwn :3

Crystylla said:
Congrats, Seitha! But we have another opponent to take out now.

First off, you're at a bad disadvantage. Immediately use Rain Dance to weaken her attacks. Also, it'll help to put you out should you get a burn.

Then fire a Toxic at her. Just when she opens her mouth for that Flamethrower if you can - that'd be a devilishly good place to land it, methinks. Classic.

Lastly, wait until she's attacked for the third time (should be Confuse Ray, but we'll see), and take a Rest. It's important that you wait, so that you can sleep off any status ailments that you may have gained.

Rain Dance ~ Toxic ~ Rest

Cryssie-revenge. x3

As the now defeated Milotic is withdrawn from the field, another pokeball lands on the soft grass of the forest floor with a dull thud, a brilliant flash of light appears and takes the form of a large cream-colored Ninetales.

Kyuushippo stretches a bit, taking in the surroundings, and appreciates the fact it was released from the cramped pokeball, then it notices the Scyther fluttering around on the other side of the small clearing, remembering her duty to her trainer, she lowers her body, and opens her mouth, working to push up the flame from deep inside her stomach. Suddenly a large outburst of flame sprays from her open mouth, it blazes across the forest, leaving a trail of smoldering grass, as Seitha realizes what has just happened she panics and tries to flit out of the way. The attempt is in vain, however; as the large kanji of fire engulfs her the crackling of exoskeleton can be heard. She struggles to free herself from the flame, finally Seitha forces herself to drop to the forest floor and roll around, at last extinguishing the flame. Devastated, and yes, a little crispy, she slowly raises herself back to her full height, her beautiful wings were now singed and useless, she glares at Kyuushippo as her eyes begin to glow a deep blue. Gracefully she dances, flowing like a great river, she glides around in small circles, looking to the sky for some sort of divine help. Slowly, though its unseen through the thick foliage, clouds gather and darken, finally rain begins to pour down from the heavens. However, the trees are so thick that very little water actually makes it to the battlefield, it will stay fairly dry for now.

Kyuushippo smirks at the mantis, thinking it has wasted energy and time, she opens her mouth once again and begins to work up the flame needed for a flamethrower, Seitha is prepared this time however and begins to convulse, heaving over, and begins contracting her throat muscles. Slowly a very bitter fluid makes its way from her poison glands into her mouth, she does not enjoy the taste of the substance, but must hold it until just the right time, she watches carefully for the flame to work its way out of Kyuushippo’s throat. Now! She opens her mouth and spits the fluid over the length battlefield with a deadly accuracy, it lands directly in Kyuu’s mouth just moments before a wall of fire was released. Surprised and disgusted Kyuu reeled back, trying to get the sticky bitter fluid out of her mouth, it didn’t help anything however, and the noxious purple fluid absorbs into her bloodstream. Suddenly the Ninetales begins to feel nauseous, she doesn’t let this deter her, however, things had been going far too well for her to give up now.

She locks eyes with the Scyther, her gaze unbreakable, Seitha is entranced by those deep eyes, suddenly Seitha’s world began to bend and twist, dimensions became distorted and everything takes on a purple tint, she shakes her head in an attempt to remember who she is, or what she is supposed to be doing for that matter, it did nothing. She stumbles around the clearing, trying to remember how to even function properly. Finally she remembers, Just go to sleep.... Easier said than done however, she can't remember sleeping ever being so difficult, her futile attempts to just shut her eyes and relax are drowned out by the racing thoughts and twisted dimensions, in the end she is unable to do anything save aggravate her scorched wings, making her yelp out in pain. Kyuu smirked again, confident as she waits for the next round.

End Round ???

Crystylla (OOOO)
Seitha [F Scyther] <Swarm>
Health: 23% (Capped)
Energy: 19%
Status: Extremely exhausted, badly burned (3%), Severely Confused.
Rain Dance~Toxic~Rest

Larissa (OOOX)
Kyuushippo [F Ninetales]
Health: 97%
Energy: 85%
Status: Exceptionally confident except for the worsening nausea. (Severely poisoned 3%)
Fire Blast~Flamethrower~Confuse Ray​

Notes:
-Rain Dance was inhibited by the thick trees (f it does a good job of blocking the sun, must keep rain out fairly as well.)
-Seitha was burned by Fire Blast
-Flamethrower failed due to the shock of the poison fluid in Kyuu’s mouth
-Rest failed due to confusion, and instead of damaging itself, Seitha simply aggravated the burn.

Last edited:
Oreku--I haven't actually read yours yet, but please use paragraphs so I won't want to kill myself when I do.

Still going for advanced rank, makes more sense than Novice Rank.

Crystylla (OOOO)
(Seitha) Scyther (F) [Swarm]
Health: 48%
Energy: 28%
Attacks: Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Safeguard ~ Flamethrower/Faint Attack ~ Confuse Ray/Will-o-Wisp/Faint Attack

Larissa (OOOX)
Kyuushippo Ninetales (F) [???]
Energy: 100%
Attacks: Rain Dance ~ Toxic ~ Rest

Larissa opened Milotic’s Pokeball and pointed it at her Pokemon. The red light engulfed Milotic and returned her. Larissa returned the Pokeball to her belt and selected another Pokeball. Ninetales. She threw it into the air.
“Go! Kyuushippo!”
The ball arched through the air and opened spilling out white light. The light converged into the shape of a Ninetales. She stretched her legs and eyed her opponent who crossed her scythes and tried to stare her down, not intimidated. Crystylla’s eyebrow rose slightly.

Ninetales pawed the ground and concentrated on the fire inside her. She needed a lot of power to pull a Fire Blast off. Scyther, meanwhile, put her two scythes together and started to move her feet in different directions. She had recently learned this dance from a Ludicolo: Concentrate and pretend you know what you’re doing and then do random patterns with your feet. After twenty-three steps, dark clouds began to appear in the sky. Scyther and Crystylla smirked simultaneously.

Ninetales felt the first drop on her neck and winced. She looked up at Scyther who had finished her dance. Seitha sneered. Ninetales frowned and could hold it in no longer. She opened her mouth and fired her Fire Blast at Scyther. Seitha’s sneer disappeared and her mouth dropped open slightly. The beam of fire opened and created a star that caused Scyther to step back in fear. The Fire Blast slammed into Seitha and threw her back into the dense forest. She hit the ‘wall’ of foliage but did not go through. She got to her feet, steam rising from her body.

Kyuushippo: -7 % energy, -0% damage
Seitha: -3% energy, -14% damage

Ninetales panted, pleased with what she had done to Seitha but annoyed at the stream of rain that was coming from the sky. She concentrated on her inside fire and chose less power to pull off a Flamethrower. However, she noticed that Scyther was on the ground, close to coughing her insides out. What was she doing?

Whilst Ninetales was finding her inner fire, Scyther had been following orders and preparing her Toxic move. She closed her mouth and started to cough up the remains of her previous meal. She coughs it up and stores it in her mouth. She kneels to the ground and waits for when Ninetales opens her mouth.

Ninetales shrugs and continues to process the inside fire, unaware she could fall into a trap. She gets the fire to her mouth and opens it. That’s when Seitha fires the Toxic. It flies through the air and nearly reaches Ninetales’s mouth but is eradicated by the Flamethrower. The moment Ninetales opened her mouth, the Flamethrower leapt from it. The Toxic had no chance. The Flamethrower continued on its path and hit into Scyther making her cry out in pain.

Kyuushippo: -4% energy, -0% damage
Seitha: -3% energy, -8% damage

Scyther picked herself up, wincing and letting off steam. She noticed her left arm had a painful burn on it. She resisted the temptation to touch it and looked at Ninetales who was smirking. Scyther would have attacked but followed her trainer’s orders and sat down to Rest. But first, she waited to see what Ninetales would do.

Ninetales blinked, thinking that Scyther is using a Chill. She shrugged for the second time this round and concentrating on a small point in front. A small sphere appeared in front of Ninetales and slowly grew bigger. Seitha looked up and frowned. What now? Ninetales pushed her head forward and the sphere fired a small beam at Scyther. Scyther was hit by the beam…then closed her eyes and fell asleep, a blue aura encircling her.

Kyuushippo: -3% energy, -0% damage
Seitha: -3% energy, +3% damage

Crystylla (OOOO)
(Seitha) Scyther (F) [Swarm]
Health: 23%
Energy: 18%

Larissa (OOOX)
(Kyuushippo) Ninetales (F) [???]
Energy: 86%
Status: Happy as she has sustained nil damage, feeling slightly tired.​

Side Notes

1) It’s raining. All damaging fire type moves are halved in damage (4 rounds)
2) I’ve followed the ref guides in this forum
3) Crystylla and Seitha goes first next round.

Last edited:
2 vs. 2 one at a time
DQ time: 2 weeks
Arena: A field with some trees around the edge and a stream in the middle.

Current Pokémon Status:
Cloudrunner (OO)
Growlithe
[Arca] Growlithe (M) <Flash Fire>
Chill/Protect~Double Team/Sunny Day~Dig/Sunny Day

Master Mew (OO)
Mudkip
[Yipper] Mudkip (M)
Status: Underground. Feeling secure and eager to see the effects of his rain dance.
Water Gun~Dig~Dive

Yipper, not being that far underground, pops his head out of the dirt and shoots the Water Gun toward Arca. Unfortunately for the Mudkip, during his short time underground, Arca had already put up his Protect, and the Water Gun sprays harmlessly around the force field.

Yipper growls as he goes back underground, digging toward the stream, which also happened to be where Arca is running around in circles. Slowing down, Arca stands with a clone beside him. Yipper starts digging straight up, right under the original Arca. Arca’s eyes start to widen as the ground starts to shake when, bam! Arca is hit right smack in the nose!

Yipper quickly dives back into his hole and starts to dig toward the stream again to carry out his trainer’s commands, to come up in the stream. With a dive? Yipper slows down slightly, confused with the order, but nevertheless, continues to dig through the rocks and pebbles in the stream bed to use dive. Quickly after entering the stream, he covers up the hole so the stream won't lose any water.

Arca gets up, shaking his head to clear the stars dancing around his head and to remember his command. Er, Dig? Yes, that was it. The Growlithe starts to scratch at the ground with his strong, thick claws. There he sits, underground, with a sore nose, and without a nice, warm sun to relax in.

Current Pokémon Status:
Cloudrunner (OO)
Growlithe
[Arca] Growlithe (M) <Flash Fire>
Health: 95%
Energy: 66%
Status: Angry about getting hit in the nose, and not able to relax in the sun.

Master Mew (OO)
Mudkip
[Yipper] Mudkip (M)
Energy: 62%
Status: A little confused, but otherwise happy with the round and content under the water.

Arena notes:
The sunlight is strong for 3 more actions (1 more round).
The stream is a little muddy from Yipper's entrance.
Three holes in the ground.​

~Amber+Zack

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom