• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

SSB Choice Mafia (N3)

Re: SSB Choice Mafia (D1)

ok then. well, does anyone have any more info? ( i'm not sure we have enough to lynch)

*The beeps were added by me because of the often beeping of my character.
Pika Pika. Pi Pikachu. Pika Pi.

... I forget my point.

By your "overpowered" argument, the "miller" part of her role claim would be the balance. I'll abstain for now.
Not so much when it can just be countered by claiming right away, as we have seen done here. It would take a hell lot more balancing for a player to get plopped this much information in a single day.

We might as well take this info with a grain of salt. It's quite specific, but it could easily turn out to be a mafia misleading us with bogus roles while clearing their name by the same token.

Well, at least in terms of Phantom's claim, I can help. As Kirby, I can take on another player's powers for a night (I don't steal them, just "borrow" for one night). I'm limited to once for each player, but I can at least see if they have the power they say they do. Can't tell alignment, but it's something. And, if anyone has any ideas for questions, I've got one free go at this.

In terms of the flavor-text for the death, it sounds to me like the victim got beat up and died of their wounds. "Torn and maimed beyond recognition" hardly indicates a method other than trauma. Frankly, I don't think that eliminates anyone, as all SSB players have the ability to punch, kick, and otherwise injure each other.

Oh, wait, I should be more in character. HIIIIIIII! *waves*

Why would you say that out loud before doing it? If that's true you're now a prime target for the mafia, along with Phantom if she's also not mafia.

Also, I hardly think punches and kicks can tear someone apart.

Well, i dont think that really gets us anywhere.

Seems that no one will answer this question. well, should we lynch or abstain.

Why would you say that out loud before doing it? If that's true you're now a prime target for the mafia, along with Phantom if she's also not mafia.

Also, I hardly think punches and kicks can tear someone apart.

I'm assuming that's directed at me, so here goes: 1) I claimed now because more information = earlier accurate lynching, 2) alerting myself to the healer(s) as well as Mafia, 3) splitting the Mafia's focus between myself and Phantom (assuming they aren't Mafia), making them have to choose the greater threat (someone who can get answers, or someone who can do anything once) and making it more likely that information will be gotten. (Of course, if everyone decides to lynch Phantom, this is all moot, except the bit about the healer(s).)

Now, if this had been an inspector or healer that claimed, I'd not have said what I was doing, as inspectors are easily proved by their actions and healers should never claim anyway. As it is, while a questioner role is useful (we can tell if there's an alien, how many Mafia are left, that sort of thing) they can't help with an actual lynch, so can't be checked. And my role is only useful if someone claims or I get lucky. Anyway, that's why I made a target of myself. I would like to lynch somebody, but I've accepted that it's hard to do that on the first day.

And punches and kicks do tear tissue; that's how bruises are formed. With enough force or repeated pummeling, a body could be torn and maimed.

So....

ALL of us are suspects?

Well, crap.

The reason Phantom couldn't possibly want to roleclaim so early in the game is simple.

1) Her information shows there is a mafia converter and a mafia bodyguard.
2) She has a power role (a variation on the inspector, to be specific).
3) She is a miller.

Because she knows there is a mafia converter, roleclaiming makes her a prime target for the mafia converter; there's no way to tell if she's been converted short of killing her, and she might be able to assist the mafia with investigations (maybe; I'm not sure about the details of the converter role, but if it works like I think it does, she should be able to use her powers).

If she wanted to roleclaim, she would have only revealed point 1, which would make her appear to be an informed vanilla. She could then act as an oracle in private, then reveal the information when she had found a lead.

So, in short, there really isn't any reason for Phantom to diverge all that information short of being scum, so I think it's fairly obvious she's mafia.

Well, (beep) if we are following Ole_Schooler's philosophy, (beep) we can only suspect those who fight with physical attacks mainly. (beep) So I would say that the only ones possible (beep) for elimination from suspicion are Pikachu (if you (beep) think about it his main attack is thunderbolt (beep)), and Solid Snake. (beep) Snake only though because he tends to (beep) attack with ranged attacks. [BEEP]

But I didn't put a lot of (beep) research into this. [BEEP]

Not being the one to deliver the kill doesn't mean you're not Mafia, you know.

Oh yeah, I need to get more in character.

HEY GUYS, LOOK AT MY HUGEASS GYRO

Gyrosand.jpg

BIZZBUZZ BIZZBUZZ

(vote's still on Phantom btw)

Karkat has a point. Even if Phantom isn't mafia already, it's likely she will be soon and can start giving us misinformation. If that happens, we won't know what was true and what wasn't. And really, I don't think Phantom would be the kind of person to not reveal her role strategically if she's innocent. (Of course, she could want to get converted.)

Phantom

woof

very good point

woof

Phantom

Not being the one to deliver the kill doesn't mean you're not Mafia, you know.

Right, (beep), but I was just operating on the theory (beep) we want to find the person that performed this killing. (beep) I'm not trying to insinuate (beep) that that is going to be a general rule (beep) for everyone and that Snake and Pikachu can't be mafia, (beep), but I was trying to find the killer in this scenario. [BEEP]

(i have no idea how to be in charater, so i'm just gonna be normal.)

Phantom

Anyway, if Phantom DOES show up innocent on death (and she shouldn't have been converted night 0, since the mafia wouldn't take stabs in the dark like that), we know she's telling the truth about her role, and we know there are at least 3 mafia and their roles.

Anyway, if Phantom DOES show up innocent on death (and she shouldn't have been converted night 0, since the mafia wouldn't take stabs in the dark like that), we know she's telling the truth about her role, and we know there are at least 3 mafia and their roles.

didnt she say she was miller?

didnt she say she was miller?

Millers only show up Mafia on inspection, IIRC.

I'm a tad hesitant to lynch Phantom, though. Not voting either way yet.

(I dunno how to be in character either, since I've never played Mother 3 (NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Thanks for not localizing it *sadface))

Back
Top Bottom