• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Stupid things you thought were true

I thought a shiny Machop was a Ditto.
My friend told me that Chimecho was a fuzzy thing, so i thought it had a fuzzy body that was a ball, sorta like Marill, and had a string for a tail and a fuzzy ball on the end. And it floated.

When I was younger, I would always go to shady cheat sites and try to see if any cheats on them worked.

I also thought that lv. 50 was the "normal" level for Pokémon before I got any of the Game Boy games...I only had Stadium.

Yeah, when one of my Pokemon got poisoned in Diamond, I thought there was something wrong with my DS, so I quickly saved and turned it off.

When I was first introduced to pokemon I thought that after shellder evolved into cloyster it evolved into gastly. XD

i used to think that listening to the radio in the unown ruins would ruin your game

... yeah i don't understand why i thought that either

I searched forever for a flygon not knowing that you're supposed to evolve a trapinch to get one. I eventually got one with a vibrava from Colosseum, but come to think of it, how was I supposed to figure out ant lion > dragonfly thing > green dragon with red eyes?

-The button thing.Yeah,the buttons.I still do it out of habit.
-That holding > would make the HP bar go down faster and < would make it go down slower
-Pikablu

^my old beliefs

I couldn't figure out why the screen was messed up in Fire Red. I called my mom to see if she could help, but I told her it stopped after I used the Pokemon Center. It took me awhile to figure out that it was because my Pokemon was poisoned.

Something I didn't know: the poison effect. I was playing my Ruby version (when I was eight and knew next-to-nothing about game mechanics) and my Minun (hey, I was young xD) got poisoned - the first Pokemon I ever had poisoned. I got creeped out when the screen shook and eventually the game read "Minun has fainted!"... xD

I don't remember when I figured out that the shaking screen meant poison, though.

Button combination. My case: B. Only really used it on legendaries, though. *shrug*

The thing where you can catch a pokemon better if you rapidly tap A+B and press the control pad in the same direction the pokeball shakes. I still do that out of habit.

Also, it's not about the game, but for some weird reason, me and my friend had these strange ideas about the Ancient Mew card from the first movie: 1. It was really called "Egyptian Mew," 2. Because they gave out "Egyptian Mew" here (America), they gave out "American Mew" in Egypt (cause, you know, the rest of the world, especially Japan, has nothing to do with Pokemon), and 3. If you found "Egyptian Mew" in a card pack instead of at the theater, it was worth thousands of dollars. I have absolutely no idea why we thought this.

When I was first introduced to pokemon I thought that after shellder evolved into cloyster it evolved into gastly. XD

Ha ha, me too xD

I used to think that Ninjask evolved into Shedinja. When I saw a low leveled Shedinja in Collaseum, I was like "What the heck?" As a result I now have a high level Ninjask xD

I spent a long time fishing for feebas in the wrong body of water.

I thought Voltorb was the evolved form and Electrode was the basic. I also thought that evolution stones could work on any pokemon of the right type, and Eevee would pick a random form if you trained it rather than using a stone.

When level up forms came out in G/S/C, I thought that Eevee would evolve at a certain level, rather than by happiness.

Button combinations. I sometimes do it when it's a Pokémon I really want. I remember one time I did that on Regirock and I accidentally pressed the reset code. x_x

I used to think that an uber-rare Pokémon or item was in the Trick House in Ruby Version. The stupid thing is is that I hit the A button to check for whatever it is everywhere except for the little glint under the table. After I couldn't find it, I thought that it was something sinister, so I avoided the house all together.

Oh, and (does this count?) when I was little (very little) I traded my Nidoking for my brother's Caterpie and many other stupid trades. I thought they were pretty fair trades back then.

I did the button mashing with B, and still do, just because it's so boring otherwise. XD

I had a fervent belief that the forest guardian of Ilex Forest in Silver was Suicune, and if pressed A on every tree that I saw, it would come out and I would catch it.

...Don't ask why Suicune instead of Celebi. I also though that the 'monster' in Silver in the cave near Azalea (forgot the name) was a legendary.

I thought that Phione evolved into Manaphy and told my brother that, only to find out it didn't evolve and is a useless, weaker version of Manaphy. :sweatdrop:

Back
Top Bottom