• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 8 - GAME OVER]

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 2]

If the Serial Killer is attempting to be the last person alive, I think that Zackrai is a low-priority target.

Oh well, if Syl was just having computer problems then I'm happy to change my vote to Twilight Sparkle. 8)

I am going to copy everyone else again, woot~ but I sympathize, computer problems are evil, evil things and most terrible when involved in something as crazy fast-paced as this.

Twilight Sparkle

Very evil indeed. :P It was clearing up all too slowly >.<

Twilight Sparkle

Bandwagon :P

I got lost.. so While I go to check up on discusiion,

Twilight Sparkle

Good point, Karkat... the Serial Killer would probably aim for somebody more active since those people would threaten them more. Eh... I guess that lessens my suspicions.

I'll just go with Twilight Sparkle. Inactivity seems to be the best way to go...

Okay now I'm confused.
By all of the hours of Homestruck, weird shit going on in other games, and the other games.

I REALLY need to stop being in like seven games at a time >_>

I could see a certain logic in targeting quieter players, actually - they're really only good for jumping on bandwagons, but you can rely on most players to do that. And if the serial killer isn't one to start bandwagons, then they'd want people willing to start one so that a lynch happens every day, killing off people faster. There's only one person for the serial killer to protect, after all, and with a certain level of activity, they won't be inactive-lynched, which is often what happens in the first few days anyway. Total inactives don't even contribute to bandwagoning, so maybe the serial killer would also want to get rid of people who won't even help others die, but those are also easy lynch targets, and, for that matter, might be culled by modkill, so targeting them would be a wasted night.

Maybe if the serial killer's a bandwagon starter they'd want to get rid of people who might start a bandwagon on them, it's better to get rid of other loud people, but. [shrug]

Though Derpy would be a better serial killer target - sort of the middle of the activity list, so unlikely to be lynched without actually being suspicious, but also not going to be that helpful in killing off as many people as possible in a short amount of time.

Final vote count:
1 InvaderSyl
8 Twilight Sparkle

Their morale boosted, if only slightly, by the death of a Vanguard member, the group is able to reach a decision about their next course of action much more swiftly and with a great deal less arguing. Twilight Sparkle has been unnervingly silent throughout the proceedings, and remains stubbornly tight-lipped even when the others begin to question her. Perhaps she's confused? Perhaps her mind is elsewhere? Perhaps she's Vanguard scum with absolutely no way to defend herself? Or maybe she's just a really terrible person to have to rely on during a crisis?

Whatever the reason, it's reason enough for the lynch mob. Karkat volunteers to do the deed, and with the swing of a sword Twilight's head parts company with her neck. There is some regret when they realize that they can't find anything that would identify her as Vanguard—oops—but hey, at least it was a much cleaner job this time. Maybe they'll actually be able to eat dinner without feeling nauseous tonight. They're going to need their strength, after all. The rest of the Vanguard is still out there, just waiting for their loyal fans.

Twilight Sparkle is dead. She was not mafia.

Day will begin in 54 hours or when all night actions are in. (I am actually going to be able to get the PMs out on time today, but ~12 pm is a bad time for me to need to start/end day and so I'm giving you the few extra hours to push that time back.)

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [NIGHT 2]

All notifications are out. Go crazy.

(And yes, since it has been asked: if you didn't get a PM then I didn't consider enough of your posts point-worthy. If you don't have one by now, assume you're to go ahead with whatever level your role currently is.)

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [NIGHT 2]

"This is not over. The Vanguard will not fall. Continue running in helpless circles, little chickens; we will cut you down one by one, and you are welcome to keep cutting yourselves down two by two. Make your peace with whatever gods you hold; more of you will be sleeping down in Hell by tonight.

-The Vanguard High Command"

The letters are no surprise by the next morning; most people don't bother noting that there has been yet another change in tone. Finding the inevitable dead bodies is more important than reading any spiteful correspondence.

Arylett Dawnsborough is the first to find Stormecho, slumped on the ground with blood still oozing from parallel wounds in her back and chest. Most of the group, already having steeled themselves for what they knew they'd find, even manage to hold their breakfasts down while they search her pockets and effects. There is nothing indicating membership in the Vanguard, though most of them know better than to hope they'd be that lucky twice in a row.

It seems that Stormecho is alone this morning, however. They search for the better part of an hour, scouring the streets and poking their heads around the doors of whatever businesses dare remain open, but they find no other corpses. A small group takes it upon themselves to drag Stormecho's remains out of the way, promising to rejoin the others as soon as possible. There's a lot to discuss today.

Stormecho is dead. She was not mafia.

Forty-eight hours for discussion.

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 3]

Good news, guys: there wasn't a mafia kill tonight!

Bad news: I killed an innocent.

Why no hearts this time? Not even a smiley!

Maybe the previous letter was written before Chief Zackrai died...? Or maybe someone different sent in the kill action this time.

Anyhow, so far the letter has had three different tones; maybe there'll be a fourth on the next "day". Any implications, maybe?

There have also been different ways of killing that are possibly by the Vanguard that don't seem like a special kill:
- Negrek's face was pulped
- Derpy Hooves was pinned to the door and there's blood all the blood everywhere is blood oh my goooood
- Stormecho also bled to death, with those parallel wounds and stuff

Edit: Ah, so you're starting random kills? I suppose Stormecho was odd for a mafia target.

Eh, maybe they did target you and a doctor did stuff. Or something similar but for other people.

Either there's two doctors around and both helped with the serial killer and mafia kills, or the serial killer's not active... hm.

Hm, looks like we possibly had two misses? Assuming the Serial Killer has evolved and I'm not just speculating in entirely the wrong direction. How unusual. Our Mafia don't seem to be all that competent, do they? Unless Brute *is* dead and we have a poisoning on the way (like we thought yesterday, but it seems to not be so unless a healer has evolved and was pretty darn lucky).

The change of tone in the letter, though... ah, perhaps yesterday we had a roleblock on Brute and Alice is writing the letters, but today Brute is back and all serious n shit? ... I've. never played ToS2, but could somebody who has maybe make a remark on this theory?

I think the parallel scars mean that the Mafia also targeted Stormecho, so she was targeted twice.

Well, the first letter wasn't all that serious. It was all "We're gonna kill you all, 'k? :)" and the second was more like "You're all my fabulous fans <3" and now we have "doom ominous dramatic villain threats". The original was found in Chief Zackrai's pocket, too, which might mean he "wrote" it.

Parallel scars could also mean the serial killer is running around and it was the mafia that got blocked, still. Or, yes, poison, though since that is limited in number and can be blocked by the doctor anyway, one wonders if there's a point to that. If they want an innocent night action to go through, perhaps. Or if they could have a poisoning and standard kill in the same night.

If Karkat can't be killed through the potential doctor by now we can probably write off Brute as dead, I think. Either that or they want him alive so he can cut down innocent numbers until chances they'll get targeted are too high, but unless we see other people dying we won't know.

Well Karkat, bleeding Stomecho to death was a bit mean!

But hm, I suppose you're right, Kusari; but what role would Zackrai have had if he had written the letter himself? Framer role, probably. Not that that really helps since it's last priority... but then if Brute is dead, which seems likely, then that doesn't make sense either. I don't think the parallel scars are indicative of a doublekill, though... that would seem a bit. Odd.

Well butts. I don't even. I AM THINKING SO HARD YOU GUYS!! D:

Back
Top Bottom