• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 8 - GAME OVER]

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 3]

In fact, he's implying that he isn't the inspector! Although I FIND THAT UNLIKELY, JACK, YOU'RE *ALWAYS* INSPECTOR.

Well, er, we're running out of time here. Does anyone have any suggestions as to lynching or abstaining? I personally dislike abstaining unless it's for a good reason, but... that's just me! I suppose dithering over the flavour text isn't going to help us any more than it has already.

Well, InvaderSyl has been unusually quiet for this game...

Hmm... so we're just targeting inactives again? I guess nobody really does seem suspicious. If InvaderSyl usually is talkative... she might just jump back in here again upon seeing that she might be lynched and say something. I guess that makes her more of suspect... eh, I haven't really got any good ideas either, but I'm not going to bandwagon just yet.

Hm, tell you what. We have a list of roles, right? We take all the roleclaims, put them on the map, and see what happens.

I'm just gonna abstain, so we don't accidentally lynch an innocent before we know what's going on.

...so, Jack, you didn't get the inspector role?

Obviously.

Hm, tell you what. We have a list of roles, right? We take all the roleclaims, put them on the map, and see what happens.

Normally I would do this but I'm about to go to my play rehearsal and then I have D&D so I'm not going to be back all night.

But since (A) you guys are collecting roleclaims, (B) I don't really consider my role too useful, or maybe I'm just not good with using it, and (C) maybe you guys can come up with something for me to do, I'll go ahead and claim.

I'm Colette, the Jack-of-All-Trades. Night before last I was at level 2, which had a random chance at killing/roleblocking/protecting/doing nothing to its target. I was mildly suspicious of Grate Aural Sects because it's talkative and useful (this is my jealous face) so I used it on it, figuring if it died or got roleblocked well then my suspicions were (ever so barely) worth risking it, and if it got protected, GAS is a talkative/useful enough player in-thread that I was fine with risking protecting the mafia. In any case that does nothing to prove GAS either innocent nor guilty.

Last night I leveled up to level 3, which gets to choose what it uses but only gets one shot at each of: inspecting, protecting, roleblocking, or killing. I inspected Applejack and she's innocent. I still have the other three powers left.

Level 4 (which I haven't reached yet) recharges all my powers back up to 1 use left, and it also adds a super-special-awesome pickpocketing ability. If I pickpocket someone and their night action is analogous to one of my 4 abilities, I get an extra use of that ability (although Dirk and Wonder Chef result in +1 to a random ability, and IDK if there are any unanalogous which would result in me not getting an extra use at all). Which I figure means once I level up again, I could use my pickpocketing to find out who has a killing action, ergo we could flush out the Mafia and Serial Killer.

Concerns? Should I not have roleclaimed this early? In any case, I won't see until tomorrow because I've g2g right now. Bye guys.

o.0 Wow... Jack saying his role is useless makes my role seem even more insignificant... and it also makes me wonder what he would get if he pickpocketed me.

I feel useless too as alien deactivator; don't worry.

So we have 25 roles and 25 players. Should I make a player list? Well, why not?!

RIGHT. Something I forgot to say - I got a PM saying that Derpy Hooves was walking around my house, and his cuddly nature convinced me that he is innocent. Something like that. So I think he would be Noishe the friendly neighbor.

Phantom
Derpy Hooves - died on night 1.
Grate Aural Sects
Applebloom
SilverJade - I think this is Twilight Sparkle? Lynched on day 2 and innocent.
Mai
OrngSumb
Karkat Vantas - assumed to be Lloyd the vigilante.
Arylett Dawnsborough
Cirrus
Jack_the_PumpkinKing - probably Collette, the jack-of-all-trades.
Flower Doll
Stormecho - died on night 2.
I liek Squirtles - roleclaimed as Emil the alien and then immediately lynched on day 1.
InvaderSyl - roleclaimed as Regal the tracker, "with no idea".
Applejack
Legendaryseeker99
Kirby-Chan
Seritinajii - a now-useless Marta the alien deactivator who still goes around trying to deactivate people. What a tragic tale.
Wargle
Dannichu
Squirrel
Negrek - killed on night 0.
Chief Zackrai - mafia, killed on night 1. Possibly Decus?
tehSR

What are the other roleclaims/deaths? I can't remember...

I'll have to go look it up.

And by 'with no idea' I don't know who to track tonight :P

You could track down anyone who hasn't roleclaim yet and if you get lucky, you may find out someone's role depending if the person who was target died the next day.

Maybe you can track Jack since he could be a potential target for the mafia since he can choose his action which gets more effective as he levels up.

As it stands now, there's one vote for abstain and one for Syl. Really, the day should've ended several hours ago, but I was tired and I figured it wouldn't hurt to wait a bit since you were feeling talkative again. I'll give you guys just two more hours to reach a decision; if there's still a tie, I'm calling Stormecho in to choose between abstaining or lynching Syl. Get cracking.

Abstaining because I think I believe Syl. Thanks a lot!

Abstain for now. If Syl is still alive the next day, then you can tell who do you target last night. Unless someone has a better idea.

Yay, I saved Syl~
Syl, track Karkat tonight. See what happens. [/beingbossy]

:D You're even using the ~'s! *is proud XD*
Sure will.

Final vote count:
3 abstain

For once, the group seems disinclined to put anyone to death. The one suggestion that someone voices is shot down relatively quickly; there's no real evidence to act on, at least not at this juncture. There's... no real evidence for much of anything. They can't come to a consensus about the manner of Stormecho's death or why she was the only one to die, or... anything. They return home, each with their own jumble of confused thoughts, and wait for the sun to rise again.

Assuming they'll be around to see it.

No one was lynched.

Day will begin in forty-eight hours or when all night actions are in.

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 4]

"Oooh, you guys sure are a slippery bunch, aren't you? It's so cute, the way you dance around and try to protect yourselves from me at night. It's almost like you don't want me to kill you, even though we all know that's ridiculous—I mean, honestly, who wouldn't want my fantabulous blade to be the last thing that kisses them to sleep on the final eve of their lives? It's okay, though! You can have your fun, my darling fans. As you'll see come morning, one of you will surely be lucky enough to be kissed to sleep tonight! I guarantee it! Wait up for me, darlings!

-The Vanguard High Command ♥"

If tehSR felt that he was privileged to be kissed to sleep that night, whether by the lunatic Vanguard or by anyone else, his face doesn't show it when they find him outside the inn the next morning. Rather, his face looks a lot more like pain and terror. Two holes, one in his back, one in his chest, show that he has been run clean through; you'd almost be able to see from one side to the other if they weren't clogged by coagulated blood. The holes are the only remarkable thing they find on him, however, and they quickly come to the conclusion that he was just as innocent as the rest of them. (Most of the rest of them.) In the absence of any other bloody discoveries, the group hurries away and settles down to begin discussion.

tehSR is dead. He was not mafia.

Forty-eight hours for discussion. (And maybe that will be enough time to make more headway on final projects so I can come up with more interesting deathflavor ugh.)

Back
Top Bottom