• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 8 - GAME OVER]

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 7]

Could have been Decus/Roleblocker. More than enough reason to target Karkat.

Oh, and:
Night 1 & 2- Applejack
3- Syl
4-Legendaryseeker99
5 & 6-Kirby-chan

Could have been Decus/Roleblocker. More than enough reason to target Karkat.

Oh, and:
Night 1 & 2- Applejack
3- Syl
4-Legendaryseeker99
5 & 6-Kirby-chan

Hm. I thought Kam said that he could kill through roleblocks? He's at level four, isn't he?

Also, I'm guessing you're at level three? Or are you at level four already?

Oh, he did? Okay.
And I'm at level three, trying to get to four tonight.

Cirrus, I guess.

I made the list with "name - role", Karkat made the list with "Role - name".

Right, then!

Terrorist! Stand by for now. Remember that bombing ends the day immediately, so you could possibly use that to our advantage if you keep in mind lynch votes. When you think it best (tomorrow, maybe? as late as possible would be nice, but progressively risky), let's off Kam!

Jack would be good to rolestop tonight, just a heads up. :o And then perhaps Kirby-Chan!

We still have a little bit of time before I'm gone, I believe. I'm sorry I never got too high with my levels, but good going, guys! \o/!

Why would you make your directions as a mafia member public when you have a PM system?

Also, last time I checked you don't know who the bomber is.

We do not know who the terrorist and rolestopper are! Unless, of course, we've worked it out. And then we shall not be naming names here. :D

...you know what? Applejack very obviously was the bomber.

Because if she was Mafia like you're implying, then you would be the fourth piece of scum down.

Well, she could have been either; either way we know that either the roleblocker or terrorist are dead since all three Mafia-flippers couldn't have been Mafia.

That's not my point; namely, at least one of the three players who has flipped Mafia isn't an actual Mafia member.

For last night, there isn't really much information that I can take out since Syl already died as innocent. Plus Syl died due to inactivity and role claim as a tracker. So Cirrus then. If I don't die today, I try to find out what roles is already gone or I can find out what actions happen on night to narrow down. That is if I have luck on my side.

I realize you guys have probably mostly reached a consensus at this point, but I'm about to be busy and don't have time to close day right now. You've got another few hours' extension.

Hey Kratos?
If someone received a cracked shield ring and, say, they were bombed, would they be protected?

Don't be silly. That's exclusively night-action.

Truly, I wouldn't be concerned about my death. If you want to bomb me, feel free.

(Sorry! Going out to dinner took longer than I'd thought it would and then I was tired.)

Final vote count:
6 Cirrus

Any doubt left in the group's mind is immediately erased when Cirrus, so quiet and rational up until they'd accused her of being a murderous scumbag, bursts into a fit of maniacal laughter. Even as they drag her out into the center of the street for her execution, she barks orders at two unnamed members of the dwindling crowd—they know what they must do! For the glory of the Vanguard! Her laughter is only cut short when her head parts company with her neck; even then, they notice as they watch the head roll to a stop on the ground, a horrible grin is still frozen on her face. That's... very definitely one more down, then, but... They exchange several nervous glances, each one's face betraying nothing but apparent confusion. Who was Cirrus talking to?

Cirrus is dead. She was mafia.

Day will begin in 48 hours or when all actions are in.

"Kill you all how dare you all alone I'll kill you myself I'll kill you I'll kill you pay all of you kill you KILL YOU ALL

-Vangua"

There is only one note the next morning, written in a hand they all recognize but in a tone that is distinctly and distressingly not reminiscent of smiles and conceit and little flourished hearts at the end. In fact, there isn't much of anything at the end—the letter just stops mid-signature, only a few specks of blood where the rest of the word "Vanguard" ought to be. There are a few seconds of silence and bewildered blinking—wait, what?—before Squirrel notices that there seems to be something written on the back.

"Haha. Hahaha. Ha. Ha. Fucking. Ha. And 'ha' to your stupid friend over there, too.

-Lloyd Irving was here :)"

The confused muttering the group starts up is curtailed by a jaunty whistle coming from down the street. Karkat Vantas saunters up, late to the party but apparently not concerned about that in the slightest. His only answer to the flood of questions that comes his way is to hold up a hand and motion back down the street he'd been walking along.

Save for the gleeful disembowelment of Derpy Hooves a few days earlier, the scene that greets them once they turn a corner contains perhaps the highest quantity of blood they've seen yet. Apparently that katana pinned Grate Aural Sects to the door of the bakery quite some time ago, judging by the size of the red pool spreading out beneath it. There is rather a lot more red surrounding the corpses of Jack_the_PumpkinKing and Eifie—Jack is probably responsible for the majority of the mess, considering the way that massive sword Eifie is still holding has sloppily but efficiently cut him up into a bunch of little Jacks, but the second katana blade blooming from her own back has created a sizable puddle as well. She honestly doesn't seem to mind it, however. She looks so happy with that big grin still plastered all over her face, and those wide, wild eyes, and... okay, maybe she looks crazy. But the happy kind of crazy. The kind of happy-crazy that is totally okay with being stabbed and falling on top of a pile of unfinished, raving notes. It's all good, really. At least she's not alone anymore.

Before Karkat can resume his preening and tell everyone that, no, really, it was no big deal, just doing his job, no need to thank him except maybe with a lot of money and also girls and do they make good hotdogs here? there is a high-pitched, keening scream. Someone rushes out from the crowd and collides with him in a flying tackle, knocking him straight into the pool of coagulating blood. "No, no, no no no no NO you bastard you killed it you killed my master I'll kill you!" Mai shrieks, slamming her clenched fists into every part of him she can reach. Her screeching crescendos, she bares her teeth in a feral snarl and her hands close around his throat; had Kirby-Chan and Seritinajii not been quick to jump on her and pull her off, she probably would have throttled the smug look right off of his face. Now properly restrained, she resigns herself to wailing and shooting heartrending looks in Grate Aural Sects's direction before she is dragged off to be dealt with.

There is silence again as a sobbing Mai is carted away, but it lasts only a few seconds before it gives way to raucous, tired cheering. It's over. It's finally, finally over. No more killing, no more violence, no more crazy notes, no more staying up at night unable to sleep because they feel like they can't trust anyone ever again. The Vanguard has fallen and Meltokio is safe, if a bit more sparsely populated than it was before. The loss of over half of their number, including the recent demise of Jack, still leaves an uncomfortable tightness in their chests, but for now they laugh as they go about cleaning up the last of the destruction. Time for grieving later; time for relief and the release of all that pent-up stress and fear now.

And then, after that, maybe time for some breakfast they won't be too nauseated to keep down.

Jack_the_PumpkinKing is dead. He was not mafia.

Eifie is dead. She was mafia.

Grate Aural Sects is dead. It was mafia.

And since Eifie was the last remaining member of the Vanguard proper, the innocents win!

As I've said before, my GM docs are a haphazard mess distributed across multiple files that I am just plain not in the mood to go through and make presentable right now; the night action log, my comments/explanations on certain confusing things and the running tally of posts I considered point-worthy (if you guys want to see that) will have to wait until sometime Wednesday, I'm afraid. In the meantime, though, here is a pastebin of the role PMs; the role/player list follows.

1. Phantom - Alice/Poisoner
  2. Derpy Hooves - Noishe/Friendly Neighbor
  3. Grate Aural Sects - Richter/Terrorist
  4. Applebloom - Decus/Roleblocker
  5. Twilight Sparkle - Zelos/Doublevoter
  6. Mai - Aqua/Rolestopper
  7. OrngSumb - Kratos/Bodyguard
  8. Karkat Vantas - Lloyd/Vigilante
  9. Keltena/tehSR (replaced d1) - Presea/Commuter
  10. Arylett Dawnsborough - Tenebrae/Distractor
  11. Cirrus - Hawk/Framer
  12. Jack_the_PumpkinKing - Colette/Jack-of-all-Trades
  13. Flower Doll - Genis/Inspector
  14. Stormecho - Botta/Voyeur
  15. I liek Squirtles – Raine/Doctor
  16. InvaderSyl - Regal/Tracker
  17. Applejack - Mithos/Serial Killer
  18. Legendaryseeker99 - Dirk/Inventor
  19. Kirby-Chan - Yuan/Streetear
  20. Seritinajii - Marta/Deactivator
  21. Wargle - Wonder Chef/Pitcher
  22. Dannichu - Corrine/Mirror
  23. Squirrel - Sheena/Doctor
  24. Negrek – Emil/Alien
  25. Chief Zackrai – Brute/Hitman

If the mafia doesn't mind, I can also post the link to the quicktopic they used to carry out most of their discussion.

Good game, everybody. It was fun to watch and GM! (And also fun to not get killed. That too.)

OH BY THE WAY KARKAT

I accidentally inspected Cirrus instead of Squirrel and I definitely couldn't inspect dead people. Thought you should know :P

Back
Top Bottom