• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The LGBT Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shitting bricks about outing myself as... not-female
Outing myself as bi was easy as piss compared to this

How did they take your coming out Dewgong???

well i told my grandma, (the one that didn't know), over the phone. we were talking about something pertaining to relationships and i just mentioned, "i thought you might have already had a clue, but i like women." and she kind of tried to "change my mind" a little bit, which doesn't make much sense, but. then she lectured about how hard of a lifestyle choice this is, and i tried to tell her that i didn't choose it, but my point didn't get across very well. she doesn't have too much of a problem with it, i think she's just worried about me ... in the way that you would worry about your grandkid.

Harlequin said:
I thought you were a lesbian?
i am but i wanted to talk to them about what i think i made a post about earlier, the not feeling either female or male. there's not much to say about that, i thought they just might want to know at some point. i'm not even sure myself.

yeah, Dewgong, my mum kinda reacted the same way at first, but got better. beem out for years (the local paper even did a front page story on me, for some reason...), but it's still odd to talk about.

yeah, Dewgong, my mum kinda reacted the same way at first, but got better. beem out for years (the local paper even did a front page story on me, for some reason...), but it's still odd to talk about.

I'm glad the local paper didn't do that for me O_O

My hometown is very homophobic ;-;

Some semi-obscure paper in our town did a front page story on a gay adoption. I didn't read it, but I suppose it's better than just a gay person. I had no idea if it was like "well, this is good," or like "well, this is sinful." I kinda want to read it but can't remember what paper or when. I only remember seeing it after I got a haircut. D:

Also with concerts I met like All Time Low, who isn't really gay at all, but they so bashed homophobia when it got quiet and someone shouted "fag." They had a joke about onomatopoeia and how it's a god-awful word to spell. And they didn't like bash it in a way that's like "guys, homophobia hurts people's feelings;" they were more like "dude so what if he can spell? last time I checked he didn't do it with a dick in his mouth." I screamed that I loved them. Alex Gaskarth is so <3. It was epic.

I live in one of those rural homophobic towns. Sooo. xD

My attempted to change my mind, and I attempted to explain to her that it wasn't a choice. Oh well.

I don't think the local paper has done anything homo. Like evar lol.

If they had to make an article on every gay in Brussels there'd be nothing else to publish.
There's still some articles about adoption but in general everything's legalized and equal rights are given to all and we haven't sunken into the sea yet so people kind of don't care.

Also guys today I went to mess with my hair and my mum's head.
I showed them an early Beatles John Lennon as a model too and the lady did this somehow but it looks alright I reckon. Except that I STILL look like a broad. I'll get it fixed eventually. Somehow :v get the sides trimmed should work out. Mum nearly had a heart attack but an hour later she's adapted to it ahaha

Also Fed-Ex fucked up my address so my binder's somewhere in a paralel time-frame and I can't pick it up myself because the Fed-Ex building is in the ass-end of nowhere and I can't ask my mum fml
I would take a taxi but I'd like to be able to pay for college.

you look awesome vplj

wish I had your hair. Mine has all that volume and texture bull that girls want, but it makes short hair hell.

VPLJ looks very cool! My hair is too long now. :[ baww.

So during TCoD's downtime, I grew some balls. I called my gym coach sexist and walked out on his class when he tried to force me to join an all-girl team; I have since switched into the other gym coach's class, where I sit on the bleachers and draw all period and he gives me points every day because I'm a senior. Good deal there.

I also got my senior picture made. They make the guys wear this stupid fake tuxedo thing while the girls wear this stupid drape that looks like a dress. Why we can't be like every other school in the country and do whatever we want with our senior pictures, I'm really not sure. So I went and bitched to the yearbook editor, and she fed me some BS line about how our school has always done it like this!!!1 or something. So I went back to the photographers and told them the yearbook editor said it was okay for me to wear my collared shirt under the drape. :v If yearbook editor wants to get all butthurt about it and cut my picture out, she's more than welcome to. At least I actually took the picture, unlike the majority of my friends who didn't even show up because they didn't want to deal with the dress code either.

Thanks for all the lovely comments guysss. I'll probably have to go back soon to get the back of my hair trimmed, but I'm pretty pleased at how it looks.

SO GUYS. Major development.

I came out to my mum. And she's the one who started it off. I won't go into it too deeply but I think she gets the gist of it and she said she's going to support me no matter what and that I should mention it to my therapist and she'll even e-mail the woman asking her to speak about this with me.
My hands were shaking and I cried a lot but I feel a lot better and I'm so happy to have her support. She's still wondering whether I'm not just uncomfortable with my body due to normal puberty issues but I'm think she'll come round.

Haha, I need some tea now. Phew.

Vlad, that's so great. :D Congratulations. Your hair looks cool, too (and your eyebrows though I couldn't tell you why - they're just splendid).

Err I don't get the whole 'let's not stereotype, children!' thing in schools that then insist on your yearbook photo sort of thing, Speakle. Just... what. Congrats for managing to get around it, though.

Aaaand hopefully nobody remembers the post I made here ages ago. It was something along the lines of 'ASEXUAL END OF' but err.

It was the women. :c They got to me. It's cool, though. I came out to my closer friends like way back at the start of the year and though I suck at it, they were awesome. My family don't know persay but I have heard them discussing it once or twice (woo I'm obvious) and they don't seem very 'kill it with fire', so with any luck they'll be good with it. Ish.

That's wonderful, VPLJ! And what you did sounds pretty brave, Spaekle. :D And Kinova, congratulations! It's great to have you on the team. Ehehe. Had to say that. Good luck if you decide to tell your family, as well.

Let's have a "GO FAGGOTS AND ASSORTED 'ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLERS'" group hug! :D

of congratulatoriness or something idk make of it what you will, gaylords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom