• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That cat mermaid is good! Zephie must be a good artist!

Another revamp, please cc!

revampmuk22410.bmp

Ugh, those feet... Whose are they? Also, you should re-shade the head, since you flipped it...

Anyone? Revamp help?

revampmuk22410.bmp

revampgeodude21699.bmp

Copy+Pasted legs. Try scratch them. But it's good you reshaded them. Me likey :3 Oh, and btw, you shouldn't use the entire head of Latias. Like for example, you're going to fuse an Abra and an Umbreon. You just don't copy+paste the head of Umbreon onto Abra and recolour. Then it would be better to add the ears and the rings of Umbreon on Abra, instead of the entire head.

I need some help on reposes.
This first one is actually pretty good, but I still need crit.
Houndoom as Mightyena:
picture.php

Round the shading on the horns. Maybe add some light on the neck. The shading on the rings on the Houndooms feet is not good. Light source= Top left.
Gyarados as Milotic:
picture.php

Some lines are wobbly and the light on the neck shouldn't be there. The part behind the horns of it are gone :[ Try to add something there.
Taillow as Pidgey (mostly scratched):
picture.php

Light. On round items such as balls, the light isn't like a half moon, more like a full moon, I mean, the shading on the Taillows head is like a half moon, while it should be round, like a full moon. Get it? And the lines and shading, again, wobbly.
Absol as Mightyena:
picture.php

Wobbly lines is you're problem, and maybe shading too.

Another random fusion!

Swlahna23906.bmp
I like it :3 But the tail fin is beneath the ground, if you get what I mean. The outlines on the mustache is too light, darker plox! Maybe make the mouth have teeth, like a Carvahna?

@ ZC: :D Adorable.

This isn't mine, my sister, Zephie, made it.

29we28.png

Yeah, cause it was adorable and I couldn't keep it to just us. :D
Shading on the tail should be from the top-left. Basic Paint colours o_o My eyes just died. Please, change it :[ But other than that, it's adorable!

Now, some CC on my most recent scratches.

14lly0m.png

Litzard

and...

dwe8md.png

Combacrok, evolution of Litzard :]

This is my second latest work. (Latest being the second sprite)

somethingtrainernobg.png

This is probably the most editing I've done to a base trainer without combining it with Pokemon parts.

I also made a cosplay of an Angel Imp from Gaia Online. This is who the Angel Imp is.

Angelimppokemonstyle.png

The black bar is there because he's nekkid.

So, any comments?

Terry, may I give you some advice?

When you recolor a sprite, you have to recolor the outlines as well. If you color a sprite blue, then the outlines can't be brown like this:

wrj62p.png

It should be blue, like this:

2a4qpnd.png

Recoloring the outlines to match the color inside makes the sprite look better and less cluttered. For example, this sprite that you used in your shop once:

25jl8nc.png

See how the blue outline clashes with the red and doesn't make for a very good sprite? If you recolor the outlines:

mcte7m.png

It looks a bit better and a little less painful to the eyes, and the only thing I edited was the outline.

2a7fqz5.png

Last edited:
After many suggestions in the SPriter's club, I've created new Exo-Pokemon: Exo 2.0

Here's an Exo-Dialga 2.0:
exodialga2rv2.png

and Exo-Infernape:
exoinfernape2uu0.png

Some random splices I just did.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nicely done! My only complaint is the fur on Empoleon/???. It should be lighter, then shadows where it layers. Also, the outlines on Walrein/??? should be a dark blue, not gray-ish.

This is my second latest work. (Latest being the second sprite)

somethingtrainernobg.png

This is probably the most editing I've done to a base trainer without combining it with Pokemon parts.

I also made a cosplay of an Angel Imp from Gaia Online. This is who the Angel Imp is.

Angelimppokemonstyle.png

The black bar is there because he's nekkid.

So, any comments?

Woah, angel imp!

Anywho, the wings are a bit too big; the Imps' wings were about as small as their head. Also, the shirt on the first sprite is too shaded, try going for 2 shades around the vest and maybe where the sides are.

Ugh, those feet... Whose are they? Also, you should re-shade the head, since you flipped it...

Anyone? Revamp help?

revampmuk22410.bmp

revampgeodude21699.bmp

You're fine, just add a bit more color on Geodude's features. You could go up to 5 shades including highlight and outline, remember that when revamping rocks or dark-skinned/furred Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom