• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

what do we defien as deadweight? Another flora-wagon or somethign different for a change

Someone who's shown no apparent interest in the game thus far, I guess. So... Flora or Zexion, I think, unless I missed a post from Zexion somewhere.

Zexion, Flora, and Butterfree haven't posted (does not mean they haven't been doing stuff at night), and Flora hasn't been online since three days ago, which raises the question of do we lynch someone inactive who's less of a loss if innocent but dead weight anyway if mafia; or do we lynch someone just relatively inactive who could be a larger loss to town if innocent but could, if mafia, be a larger threat?

The fact that Butterfree hasn't posted is something that I find kind of odd. Isn't she usually pretty talkative?

The fact that Butterfree hasn't posted is something that I find kind of odd. Isn't she usually pretty talkative?

I was going to comment on that, but the game has been so uneventful so far that I didn't really think we could draw a very good judgement from that. Plus, she said in another game a few days ago that she'd forgotten about mafia.

I dunno, lynching inactives has become so commonplace that especially on uneventful game days I feel like the mafia would be more likely to make some sort of vague, unhelpful post about how there's not much going on in a "look at me checking in, making me active and totally not suspicious!" kind of way. I'd attribute Butterfree's inactivity to simple forgetfulness more than anything else.

Zexion, Flora, and Butterfree haven't posted (does not mean they haven't been doing stuff at night), and Flora hasn't been online since three days ago, which raises the question of do we lynch someone inactive who's less of a loss if innocent but dead weight anyway if mafia; or do we lynch someone just relatively inactive who could be a larger loss to town if innocent but could, if mafia, be a larger threat?
Someone who's shown no apparent interest in the game thus far, I guess. So... Flora or Zexion, I think, unless I missed a post from Zexion somewhere.

Nope, you haven't missed me. I don't think. Hectic week has allowed me time to read a bit but no time to get my thoughts down.

Well, uh. Butterfree was last online yesterday shortly after we posted about her, but we don't have the handly people-who-have-viewed-this-thread list anymore so we have no idea whether she actually saw the thread after that. Does someone want to get her attention or something?

And, hm. Zexion, is your hectic week over? Want to get our thoughts down now?

I've got a lead.

I'm nominating Wargle. My reasoning is just as important as my conclusion.

Yesterday Wargle made the following posts:

man, Slowpoke is too stupid for a night action.

Man you guys get all the cool actions and I'm over here just discovering the moon landing *yawn*

This seemed suspect to me, so I decided to look into it. After the first night, I lost one of my powers and gained the ability Skill Swap, which trades itself for an ability of your target. (This seems to have come from Mai on night 0.) I used Skill Swap on Wargle last night, and while I didn't prove Wargle was lying about not having a night action, what I got was pretty scummy:

-CURSE: Target a living player. There's a 50% chance that they'll die. If you choose to manifest yourself to that player as well, the chance increases to 75%. If you choose to manifest yourself to a different player, the chance drops to 25%.

So you're the one who took that away.... I liked that power.

Unfortunately it only works when you're dead, so at least it did for me. That's Why I have no night action. I was a zombie-vig

Alright, Wargle. I have a way to give it back to you. Should we lynch you and then do it?

Oh, wow, I lost track of time here. It's been more than an entire time extension's worth of delay.

I only hand those down when the vote's tied, so I guess it's time to drop the hammer, even if this will get people wanting to lynch me next poll.

-----

The discussions picks up as the trainers try to account for some folks who seemed to be skulkung around a lot. This proves difficult to do while those folks remain skulking for most of the Day.

Just before night falls, a small group trying to gather everyone rounds finds Wargle's corpse on the ground, with a bloodstained post-it, reading: "Thought she was suspicious, sorry!"

Swimmer Wargle is dead. She was innocent.

48 hours for night actions.

... And in retrospect, I could have done a more thematic death reveal back there. I think I'll do that next time somebody dies.

The townsfolk braced themselves for the beginning of something horrible, since clearly one dead meant the next were soon to come... But everyone walked out of the night alive yet again.

No one has died.

48 hours for discussion.

Oh, and whoops, almost forgot, another rumour started circulating.
Eifie was totally going towards Negrek last night! Isn't it weird?

Insert obligatory does-anyone-have-information post here.

Also who's for lynching MF?

So.... No deaths again?

?????

And Alligates is right, I don't see why it wouldn't hurt to try and lynch the GM, considering how Vanilla (Vigilante) Mafia went.

Although that also seems like it'd be too easy... so I don't know what to do at this point. Hrm.

I had a thought. Maybe we have a roleblocker who has targeted the mafia for three nights now? or something?

it's kind of not a good theory and I'm really tired

Whoa what did I never post in this. I meant to do so several times but I guess what with the lack of much useful information and my tendency to forget I'm playing a mafia game until it's night I ended up never managing to compose a useful post when I could. Sorry about that.

I'm pretty suspicious of the setup here by now but it's hard to say much of anything for sure. MF and his headache-inducing twists on mafia games ugh. I thought things might pick up with Light's lead on Wargle but it looks like we're pretty much back at square one, unless somebody new has information.

I mean, it could have been sheer luck that there haven't been any kills yet, but that seems a little far-fetched. Inactivity won't help and the inactive-lynch managed to get an innocent killed, but frustratingly, we don't have any leads yet either.

I'm curious about that rumor, though.

Back
Top Bottom